Tuesday, October 06, 2015
Bounce TV Sitcom In The Cut Most Watched Original Series Ever on Bounce; CBS Announces New Agreement with Amazon for Library Series and New Summer Series
Bounce TV -- the nation's fastest-growing television network designed for African-American audiences -- continued its ratings climb in the third quarter of 2015, setting network records for viewership and the delivery of key targeted demographic audiences in both Primetime and Total Day with September becoming the network's most-watched month ever. The third quarter was Bounce TV's fourth consecutive quarter of growth. In The Cut became the Most-Watched Original Series Ever. Helping fuel the network's strong quarterly performance was the first season of the original series In The Cut starring Dorien Wilson and Jackee Harry. The show was an instant hit and has become the most-watched original series in Bounce TV's history, averaging 259K Households, 148K A18-49, 143K A25-54 and 345K Total Viewers across all premiere telecasts. Season three of another hit Bounce TV series, Family Time, starring Omar Gooding and Angell Conwell, now takes over In The Cut's time slot, premiering tonight (Tues. Oct. 6) at 9:00 p.m. ET.
Building on the success of Amazon's exclusive in-season licensing agreement for Under the Dome and Extant, Amazon and CBS Corporation announced a new multi-year, multi-series agreement to make Prime Video the exclusive subscription streaming home for three new CBS summer series through 2018. The first new CBS series included in this deal will be next summer's highly anticipated comic-thriller Braindead, which Prime members in the U.S. will be able to stream just four days after broadcast at no additional charge to their membership. Braindead is a comic thriller from Robert and Michelle King, acclaimed producers of The Good Wife. Set in the world of D.C. politics, the series follows a young fresh-faced Hill staffer (Mary Elizabeth Winstead) getting her first job in Washington, D.C. and discovering two things: the government has stopped working, and alien spawn have come to Earth and eaten the brains of a growing number of congressmen and Hill staffers.
This deal will also extend and expand CBS and SHOWTIME titles available to Prime members. Popular programming including Medium, The Tudors, The L Word, the original Twin Peaks series, America's Next Top Model, I Love Lucy, Penn & Teller, The Amazing Race, MacGyver, Brotherhood and Sabrina, the Teenage Witch. CBS Films available for Prime members include the Golden Globe-nominated films Inside Llewyn Davis and Pride, among others. Prime members can watch CBS titles and more via the Amazon Video app for TVs, connected devices and mobile devices, or online at www.amazon.com/primevideo – Prime members can also download titles on iOS, Android and Fire devices for offline viewing. Customers who are not Prime members can sign-up for a 30-day free trial at www.amazon.com/prime.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.