Monday, October 05, 2015
BET has acquired the off-network cable rights to the Tyler Perry sitcom House of Payne. The sitcom will launch with a launch marathon on Sunday, November 1, 2015 from 12pm-9pm. Then beginning Monday, November 2, the series joins the regular line-up with fellow sitcom Martin and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air in daytime. House of Payne will air weekdays 8-9am and 12:30pm-1:30pm, along with some weekend blocks. Recent acquisition Martin will continue to air weekdays 2:30pm & 3pm and evening blocks beginning at 6pm. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is airing weekdays 9-10am and 1:30pm-2:30pm. In late night, BET will continue to alternate with blocks of The Jamie Foxx Show and The Wayans Bros. starting at 2am. BET is airing Scandal Saturday nights at 1am and 2am and will also air the latest season five premieres on Sundays at 11pm, a few weeks after they premiere on ABC. Keep it right here for continued updates on House of Payne on BET and all things BET.
UP has more, more, more Gilmore Girls. The network's recently announced acquisition of the full 153 episode, seven-season run of Gilmore Girls (#GilMOREGirls) was celebrated with an all-day fan-focused marathon of the award-winning family drama yesterday (Sunday, October 4) at 10am EDT. Starting tonight at 7 p.m. EDT, the series will begin airing back-to-back episodes every Monday through Friday starting with the pilot episode. Gilmore Girls, stars Lauren Graham (Parenthood), Alexis Bledel (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants) and Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly, Spy), Keiko Agena (Shameless, Transformers of the Dark Moon), Yanic Truesdale (Reumeurs), Scott Patterson (CSI Miami), Liza Weil (How to Get Away with Murder), Jared Padalecki (Supernatural), Milo Ventimiglia (Heroes), Sean Gunn (Guardians of the Gun, Pearl Harbor) and Kelly Bishop (Bunheads, The Good Wife), with special appearances by the late Edward Herrmann (The Wolf of Wall Street, The Lost Boys) and recurring guest star Liz Torres (Devious Maids, Scandal).
Gilmore Girls, which aired from 2000-2007, is set in a storybook Connecticut town called Stars Hollow populated by an eclectic mix of dreamers, artists and everyday folk. The multi-generational drama about family and friendship centers around Lorelai Gilmore (Graham) and her daughter, Rory (Bledel). Lorelai owns the town's bed-and-breakfast, the Dragonfly Inn, with best friend/chef Sookie (McCarthy), and contends with weekly dinners with eccentric, well-off parents Richard (Edward Herrmann) and Emily Gilmore (Kelly Bishop) who always have something to say about their daughter's life.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, September 29
Superstore - "Back to Work" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin), the district manager from corporate, tells the Cloud 9 employees he is going to be around for the day to see what can improve in the store. Amy (America Ferrera) tries to impress him with a perfect day, but a workplace accident threatens her plan. Meanwhile, Glenn (Mark McKinney) tries to come off as a tough boss in front of Jeff, Jonah (Ben Feldman) attempts to help an unyielding Dina (Lauren Ash) win over the employees she betrayed in the strike and Mateo (Nico Santos) discovers something about Jeff in his pursuit to win him over.
The Good Place - "Jason Mendoza" (NBC, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) faces her toughest test yet in her attempt to remain in hiding. Meanwhile, Michael (Ted Danson) enlists Tahani (Jameela Jamil) to help a fellow neighbor fulfill her true purpose.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Earworm Reverberation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon has a revelation when he realizes why a song was stuck in his head. Also, Amy invites Dave (Stephen Merchant) over for dinner despite their previously awkward date, and Wolowitz and Koothrappali become obsessed with a fan of their band, “Footprints on the Moon.”
Kevin Can Wait - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin James stars as a newly retired police officer looking forward to spending carefree, quality time with his wife and three kids, only to find he faces tougher challenges at home than he ever did on the streets.
Better Things - "Woman Is the Something of the Something" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam gets really looked at.
Thursday, September 29
- Judith Light (Transparent/Phenom/Who's the Boss?) - Catch Judith on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tim Meadows (Son of Zorn/Marry Me/The Michael Richards Show) - Tim appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community), Dave Foley (Dr. Ken/NewsRadio) and Suzy Nakamura (Dr. Ken/Go On) - Ken, Dave and Suzy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. Ken will also be on Harry, so check your local listings.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men/The Powers That Be) - Holland talks about The Front Page on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler (Guys with Kids) - Jamie-Lynn is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.