Monday, September 14, 2015
Martin is coming to BET in style. The '90s Martin Lawrence sitcom will be joining the BET schedule with a three-day launch marathon that will feature non-stop laughs for 72 straight hours. It all begins on the night of Thursday, October 1 at 11:59pm lasting through Sunday, October 4 at 11:59pm. It's wall-to-wall Martin with 144 airings, which means all 132 episodes will air in the marathon (with a few encores of course). Martin will then join the regular BET schedule on Monday, October 5 airing in the afternoons and evenings. Times vary, but usually afternoons at 2:30pm & 3pm following The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and in the evenings from 6-7pm with some nights of extensions through primetime. Martin will also get some Saturday marathon block play in the mornings/early afternoons, usually 11am-3pm again following The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. The other BET off-network series are The Jamie Foxx Show and The Wayans Bros., usually airing in late night blocks from 2-4am. Scandal will air in late nights on Saturday nights from 1-3am. Back to Martin, the sitcom was set in Detroit and starred Martin Lawrence in the role of Martin Payne, a disc jockey with a girlfriend named Gina Waters played by Tisha Campbell-Martin. The series also airs on sister Viacom network MTV2 and on the cable network TV One. Keep it right for continued updates on BET and all things Martin.
Tune in and take a look at the exciting new shows coming to ABC this fall as doctor-turned-actor/comedian Ken Jeong hosts ABC Fall Preview Special, airing Friday, September 18 at 8:31pm ET on the ABC Television Network. Shot on location on the set of Ken's new ABC sitcom, Dr. Ken, the funnyman will introduce you to ABC's much anticipated new fall shows, including Blood and Oil, starring Chace Crawford & Rebecca Rittenhouse and veteran actor Don Johnson in his return to network television; Quantico, starring international superstar Priyanka Chopra in her U.S. television debut; the return of The Muppets like you've never seen them before; Wicked City, starring Gossip Girl's Ed Westwick, Erika Christensen and Suburgatory's Jeremy Sisto; as well as Ken's new show, Dr. Ken, executive produced and starring the doctor-turned-actor/comedian. In addition, Ken will reintroduce you to ABC's uproariously funny returning Wednesday night comedies The Middle, The Goldbergs, Modern Family and black-ish, as well as television's most buzzed about night -- the TGIT lineup, which includes Grey's Anatomy, Scandal and last fall's #1 new series How to Get Away with Murder, which is best enjoyed with red wine, popcorn and friends!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 28
Bunk'd - "Treehouse of Terror" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Zuri, Jorge and Tiffany enlist the support of an unexpected camper to help restore an abandoned treehouse, so they can use it as a new hangout; Emma and Lou and Ravi and Xander get competitive during a friendly game of billiards.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Do What You Gotta Do" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Joseph experiences an episode of sexual frustration due to Leslie's vow of chastity.
Friday, October 28
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - Watch John on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew visits on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about The Price is Right on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Kevin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine?/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Ricky stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Colin Hanks (Life in Pieces) - Colin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Melissa Joan Hart (Melissa & Joey/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch/Clarissa Explains It All) - Melissa looks back at her earliest memories on Clarissa Explains It All – and says she was really bossy on People Now at 8:30am.
- Damon Wayans (My Wife and Kids) - Damon is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.