Monday, September 14, 2015
Martin is coming to BET in style. The '90s Martin Lawrence sitcom will be joining the BET schedule with a three-day launch marathon that will feature non-stop laughs for 72 straight hours. It all begins on the night of Thursday, October 1 at 11:59pm lasting through Sunday, October 4 at 11:59pm. It's wall-to-wall Martin with 144 airings, which means all 132 episodes will air in the marathon (with a few encores of course). Martin will then join the regular BET schedule on Monday, October 5 airing in the afternoons and evenings. Times vary, but usually afternoons at 2:30pm & 3pm following The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and in the evenings from 6-7pm with some nights of extensions through primetime. Martin will also get some Saturday marathon block play in the mornings/early afternoons, usually 11am-3pm again following The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. The other BET off-network series are The Jamie Foxx Show and The Wayans Bros., usually airing in late night blocks from 2-4am. Scandal will air in late nights on Saturday nights from 1-3am. Back to Martin, the sitcom was set in Detroit and starred Martin Lawrence in the role of Martin Payne, a disc jockey with a girlfriend named Gina Waters played by Tisha Campbell-Martin. The series also airs on sister Viacom network MTV2 and on the cable network TV One. Keep it right for continued updates on BET and all things Martin.
Tune in and take a look at the exciting new shows coming to ABC this fall as doctor-turned-actor/comedian Ken Jeong hosts ABC Fall Preview Special, airing Friday, September 18 at 8:31pm ET on the ABC Television Network. Shot on location on the set of Ken's new ABC sitcom, Dr. Ken, the funnyman will introduce you to ABC's much anticipated new fall shows, including Blood and Oil, starring Chace Crawford & Rebecca Rittenhouse and veteran actor Don Johnson in his return to network television; Quantico, starring international superstar Priyanka Chopra in her U.S. television debut; the return of The Muppets like you've never seen them before; Wicked City, starring Gossip Girl's Ed Westwick, Erika Christensen and Suburgatory's Jeremy Sisto; as well as Ken's new show, Dr. Ken, executive produced and starring the doctor-turned-actor/comedian. In addition, Ken will reintroduce you to ABC's uproariously funny returning Wednesday night comedies The Middle, The Goldbergs, Modern Family and black-ish, as well as television's most buzzed about night -- the TGIT lineup, which includes Grey's Anatomy, Scandal and last fall's #1 new series How to Get Away with Murder, which is best enjoyed with red wine, popcorn and friends!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 30
Bob's Burgers - "Like Gene for Chocolate" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Gene learns that the formula for his favorite chocolate has changed, he works with the head of the company in an attempt to remedy the situation. Meanwhile, Bob gets wrapped up in one of Teddy’s less-than-perfect plans.
Bob's Burgers - "Thelma & Louise Except Thelma Is Linda" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
After Louise gets in trouble at school, Linda is forced to meet with Mr. Frond (guest voice David Herman) and potentially could lose her hard-earned position as the Wagstaff bake sale leader. When she finds out that her daughter was actually trying to help another student, Linda is torn between following school policy or her own moral code.
The Simpsons - "Looking for Mr. Goodbart" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bart gets in trouble on Grandparents Day at school and is forced to hang out with Skinner’s mother as punishment. After spending time with various grandmas in the neighborhood, he learns the benefits of hanging out with the elderly, but eventually recognizes the dangers of taking advantage of them. Meanwhile, Peekimon Get has taken over the town of Springfield.
Making History - "Night Cream" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the ever-present threat of losing tenure looming over him, Chris reaches out to John Hancock and Samuel Adams to help spice things up in the classroom in 2017. Meanwhile, Deb's dream of re-opening Chadwick's ice cream parlor is finally coming to fruition, but Dan has a few marketing ideas of his own.
Family Guy - "The Peter Principal" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter becomes the temporary principal at the high school, and Meg uses his new power to get even with her bullies. Meanwhile, Brian and Stewie open a bed & breakfast that quickly turns into a brothel.
The Last Man on Earth - "The Big Day" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Tandy and Gail face off in a major disagreement, on which the whole group must weigh in, and Carol is forced to choose a side. Meanwhile, Melissa, Todd and Erica each have major milestone moments.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Jodie Sweetin (Hollywood Darlings/Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.