Monday, September 14, 2015
Martin is coming to BET in style. The '90s Martin Lawrence sitcom will be joining the BET schedule with a three-day launch marathon that will feature non-stop laughs for 72 straight hours. It all begins on the night of Thursday, October 1 at 11:59pm lasting through Sunday, October 4 at 11:59pm. It's wall-to-wall Martin with 144 airings, which means all 132 episodes will air in the marathon (with a few encores of course). Martin will then join the regular BET schedule on Monday, October 5 airing in the afternoons and evenings. Times vary, but usually afternoons at 2:30pm & 3pm following The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and in the evenings from 6-7pm with some nights of extensions through primetime. Martin will also get some Saturday marathon block play in the mornings/early afternoons, usually 11am-3pm again following The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. The other BET off-network series are The Jamie Foxx Show and The Wayans Bros., usually airing in late night blocks from 2-4am. Scandal will air in late nights on Saturday nights from 1-3am. Back to Martin, the sitcom was set in Detroit and starred Martin Lawrence in the role of Martin Payne, a disc jockey with a girlfriend named Gina Waters played by Tisha Campbell-Martin. The series also airs on sister Viacom network MTV2 and on the cable network TV One. Keep it right for continued updates on BET and all things Martin.
Tune in and take a look at the exciting new shows coming to ABC this fall as doctor-turned-actor/comedian Ken Jeong hosts ABC Fall Preview Special, airing Friday, September 18 at 8:31pm ET on the ABC Television Network. Shot on location on the set of Ken's new ABC sitcom, Dr. Ken, the funnyman will introduce you to ABC's much anticipated new fall shows, including Blood and Oil, starring Chace Crawford & Rebecca Rittenhouse and veteran actor Don Johnson in his return to network television; Quantico, starring international superstar Priyanka Chopra in her U.S. television debut; the return of The Muppets like you've never seen them before; Wicked City, starring Gossip Girl's Ed Westwick, Erika Christensen and Suburgatory's Jeremy Sisto; as well as Ken's new show, Dr. Ken, executive produced and starring the doctor-turned-actor/comedian. In addition, Ken will reintroduce you to ABC's uproariously funny returning Wednesday night comedies The Middle, The Goldbergs, Modern Family and black-ish, as well as television's most buzzed about night -- the TGIT lineup, which includes Grey's Anatomy, Scandal and last fall's #1 new series How to Get Away with Murder, which is best enjoyed with red wine, popcorn and friends!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 23
Downward Dog - "Boundaries" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Nan installs an automatic dog door so she can take away Jason’s key but still keep him as Martin’s dog walker, Martin is convinced he can suddenly open doors with his mind, and the new-found power goes to his head. Meanwhile at work, Nan’s boss is unable to understand the new ad campaign Nan sold to the corporate bosses, and he spirals into confusion.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Bank Job" / "Crime & Punishment" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jake and Rosa continue their search for a bank-robbing operation with Lieutenant Hawkins (guest star Gina Gershon), they realize there’s more to her team than meets the eye. After discovering a dangerous secret, they call for back-up from Holt and Pimento (guest star Jason Mantzoukas). Meanwhile, Boyle objects to Gina’s new boyfriend (guest star Ryan Phillipe). Then, Jake and Rosa are framed for a crime they didn’t commit, it’s up to the Nine-Nine to find a way to bust them out.
Great News - "Carol Has a Bully" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Carol (Andrea Martin) has a midterm she must pass in order to keep her internship. Katie (Briga Heelan) needs to choose between helping her mom and focusing on her hacking story, which she can't seem to crack. Meanwhile, Greg's (Adam Campbell) wealthy estranged grandmother (guest star Christina Pickles) pays a visit to the office. Chuck (John Michael Higgins) finds her cold and cruel, but almost immediately falls in love with her.
Great News - "Carol's Eleven" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) makes a huge discovery about the story she's been chasing and, with the help of Carol (Andrea Martin) and the rest of the staff, concocts a scheme to get the story out. Greg (Adam Campbell) struggles with balancing his conflicting loyalties to his family, co-workers and conscience.
Mann & Wife - "Mann, Shut Yo Mouth" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Struggling to solve a tough case, an exhausted Daniel falls asleep and wakes up in a 70's blaxploitation cop show.
Tuesday, May 23
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Catch Terry on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Rob Huebel (Trasparent/Burning Love) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to The Captain/Gary Unmarried), Andrew Santino (I'm Dying Up Here/Sin City Saints) and Erik Griffin (I'm Dying Up Here) - Al, Andrew and Erik are guests on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (I'm Dying Up Here/Bad Teacher) - Ari stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ben Falcone (Nobodies/A to Z/Joey) - Ben drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Abigail Breslin (Scream Queens) - Abigail appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Ryan, so check your listings.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim talks about her new book Girling Up: How to Be Strong, Smart and Spectacular and The Big Bang Theory on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle teams up with Clinton Kelly to grill up a great entrée on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nicole Byer ( Loosely Exactly Nicole) - Nicole is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- The Love Boat Cast - The cast of The Love Boat reunites on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie talks about Beat Shazam on AOL Build Show 4pm.