Monday, August 17, 2015
Ovation TV has acquired two series for its lineup. The late '90s ABC comedy Dharma & Greg will premiere on Ovation tomorrow night (Tuesday, August 18) at 12 midnight with the first four episodes airing from 12-2am. Four episodes will air weekly. The four episodes will encore at various times during the week as well, such as Saturday afternoons from 12-2pm. Dharma & Greg has been seen in the past on TV Guide Network, WGN America, WE tv and FX. The sitcom starred Jenna Elfman and Thomas Gibson as Dharma and Greg Montgomery, a couple who got married on their first date despite being complete opposites. Also joining Ovation TV will be the dramedy Boston Legal, which will premiere in primetime on the network on Monday, August 24 from 8-11pm airing ever Monday night. Three episodes will air a week and encore at various times during the week. The series is David E. Kelley's spin-off from The Practice, set at a high-priced Boston law firm, plays smartly on the chemistry between James Spader (as wry and wily lawyer Alan Shore) and William Shatner. Boston Legal has been seen in the past on Logo, TV Land and ION Television.
ABC Family announced that returning hit comedy Young & Hungry will swap time slots with freshman comedy Kevin From Work when Young & Hungry premieres on Wednesday (August 19) at 8:00PM ET/PT. Kevin From Work will move to 8:30PM ET/PT. Reality series Job or No Job rounds out the Wednesday lineup, with the series airing at 9:00 PM ET/PT. The summer season of Young & Hungry will premiere on Wednesday (August 19) at 8:00PM ET/PT. The midseason finale left off with Gabi (Emily Osment) leaving Josh (Jonathan Sadowski) behind to start a dream job in Switzerland, just as they were finally poised to take their relationship to the next level. When the show returns, Gabi and Josh must decide what their next step is, both professionally and personally. Young & Hungry established a series high in Adults 18-49 (973,000/0.8 rating) and set a season (and near series) high in Adults 18-34 (685,000/1.0 rating), according to Live+7 ratings during its May midseason finale. For the season, it ranked as cable's No. 1 original series in its Wednesday-at-8 timeslot among Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34 and across key female demos (W18-34/W18-49/F12-34). Launch to date, Young & Hungry is ABC Family's No. 1 comedy of all time in Women 18-34, Viewers 12-34 and Females 12-34.
Kevin From Work will air at 8:30PM ET/PT. In the next episode, "Who's Your Friend From Work," Audrey sets her friend up with Kevin but then finds herself strangely jealous of all the fun they're having. Patti hires Brian to be her personal trainer, but he worries she wants something more. Meanwhile, Roxie needs to get a job but decides to be an actress instead. The comedy stars Noah Reid as Kevin, Paige Spara as Audrey, Matt Murray as Brian, Jordan Hinson as Roxie, Punam Patel as Patti, with recurring guest star Amy Sedaris (Strangers with Candy) as Julia. Kevin From Work will air in its regularly scheduled time slot Wednesdays at 8:30 PM ET/PT after airing at 8:00PM last week for its two-episode premiere.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, January 18
Fresh Off the Boat - "Clean Slate" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
On the eve of Chinese New Year, Jessica pushes the entire family to settle all debts, disputes and grudges to ensure good fortune for the coming year. Unsure if she can contain her temper for the remainder of the day, Jessica enlists Emery to makes sure she keeps her cool. Meanwhile, Louis and Evan go on a wild goose chase to hunt down some hate mail, and Eddie is forced to entertain his super lame cousin.
Speechless - " S-I-- SICK D-A-- DAY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Maya gets sick, Jimmy is forced to be the mom of the house, and Dylan becomes Kenneth’s replacement for JJ when Kenneth also gets sick. Jimmy ends up doing well with Maya’s normal duties, but he tries to keep it from her to avoid her feeling bad. Meanwhile, JJ protects Dylan from a boy she’s interested in. And despite its illness, the family bands together and pulls an all-nighter to finish Ray’s school project.
Modern Family - "Halloween 4: The Revenge of Rod Skyhook" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Luke’s Halloween party isn’t the monster bash he dreamed of and is at risk of having the worst party of the year. Sensing trouble, the rest of the Dunphy’s realize all his party needs is a visit from Rod Skyhook, a little promotion and some adult supervision to get it started. Meanwhile at the Tucker-Pritchett home, Cam faces off with his Halloween nemesis while Lily and Mitchell try to save the day and work to keep him from going to the darkside. Finally, when Jay finds out that Manny is going to a party at the home of an old enemy, he enlists him to deliver a trick he will never forget.
black-ish - "Good Dre Hunting" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Bow convinces a begrudging Dre to try therapy, and he learns how to cope with his anger issues. Meanwhile, Johan becomes a life coach to the kids.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "Old Lady House: A Situation Comedy" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Charlie thinks Mac's mom is holding his mom hostage so the gang installs spy cameras in their house to monitor what's going on. What they end up discovering is the moms are quite entertaining once Dennis makes some quick edits and adds a laugh track to the surveillance footage. Dee wants in on the new hit show and Frank becomes obsessed with banging Charlie's mom now that he's seen her on TV.
Man Seeking Woman - "Horse" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Lucy attempts to forge a relationship with Josh's best friend Mike.
Schitt's Creek - "The Throuple" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
David and Stevie try to come to terms with their new relationship; Alexis and Moira plan a mother/daughter lunch.
Wednesday, January 18
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Watch Wendi on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also talks about The Founder on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/Life with Louie/The Louie Show) - Louie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Woody Harrelson (Cheers) - Woody stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Eric McCormack (Will & Grace) - Eric appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ted Danson (The Good Place/Becker/Cheers) - Ted visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) and B.J. Novak (The Office) - Neil and B.J. are guests on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. Neil can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:20am.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and his wife Rebecca Romijn chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patrick Warburton (Crowded/Rules of Engagement/Less Than Perfect) - Patrick is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kirstie Alley (Cheers/Veronica's Closet/Kirstie) - Kirstie dishes about the new season of Scream Queens and her weight loss with Jenny Craig on The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.