Wednesday, August 19, 2015
Comedy Central Comedy Another Period Renewed; IFC's Documentary Now! Premieres Thursday and Renewed for 2 Seasons
Alert the butlers, it's time to crack open another bottle of cocaine wine as the Bellacourts have reason to celebrate! Comedy Central has renewed the turn-of-the-century historical and satirical scripted series Another Period for a second season. Executive produced by co-stars Natasha Leggero and Riki Lindhome, director Jeremy Konner and Red Hour's Ben Stiller, Debbie Liebling, Stuart Cornfeld and Mike Rosenstein, the second season of Another Period will premiere ten episodes in 2016. Currently airing new episodes on Tuesday nights at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT, full episodes from the first season of Another Period have been seen by over 9 million total viewers with an additional 4.6 million multiplatform clip views. Before others claimed their fame, there was one American family that stood for all that was spoiled, shameless and stupid. Meet the Bellacourts – Newport, RI's First Family of the Gilded Age. They have tons of money, live in a big-ass mansion and employ a whole team of Fonzworth Bentleys.
Lauren Ash, Michael Ian Black, Paget Brewster, Beth Dover,Brett Gelman, Christina Hendricks, Brian Huskey, David Koechner, Jason Ritter, David Wain and Armen Weitzman appear alongside Leggero and Lindhome. Guest stars for the series' first season include Matt Besser, Jack Black, Jon Daly, John Ennis, Kate Flannery, Rich Fulcher, Tim Heidecker, Moshe Kasher, Lauren Lapkus, Thomas Lennon, Kate Micucci, Chris Parnell, Lou Diamond Phillips, Missi Pyle, Will Sasso, Betsy Sodaro, Shoshannah Stern, Ben Stiller, Stephen Tobolowsky and Brian White.
IFC has renewed its original comedy series Documentary Now! for two additional seasons. This is the first time the comedy network has picked up additional seasons of a series prior to its network debut. IFC also announced the addition of a surprise seventh episode to season one, up from the initial order of six episodes, which premieres on IFC this Thursday, August 20 at 10 pm ET/PT. Documentary Now! is created, written by and executive produced by the powerhouse comedic trio Fred Armisen, Bill Hader and Seth Meyers. Documentary Now! parodies some of the world’s best-known documentaries. Starring Armisen and Hader, each episode is shot in a different style of documentary filmmaking and honors some of the most important stories that didn't actually happen. Paying homage to everyone from the Maysles to Errol Morris the episodes range in topic from an intimate portrait of socialite mother-daughter feral animal hoarders to a behind-the-scenes look at the world's first documentary, and much more. The finale episode, titled "Gentle & Soft: The Story of the Blue Jean Committee," chronicles a soft rock Chicago band's rise to fame with their hit album "Catalina Breeze" which will now air as a two-part episode.
Dame Helen Mirren (The Queen, The Audience) serves as host of the series, lending the gravitas that documentaries of this caliber so rightly deserve. The show also features appearances by Jack Black (The D Train, Tenacious D), John Slattery (Mad Men, Wet Hot American Summer), iconic music manager Irving Azoff and SNL's Aidy Bryant, Mike O'Brien, Paula Pell, and Tim Robinson.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.