Wednesday, August 19, 2015
Comedy Central Comedy Another Period Renewed; IFC's Documentary Now! Premieres Thursday and Renewed for 2 Seasons
Alert the butlers, it's time to crack open another bottle of cocaine wine as the Bellacourts have reason to celebrate! Comedy Central has renewed the turn-of-the-century historical and satirical scripted series Another Period for a second season. Executive produced by co-stars Natasha Leggero and Riki Lindhome, director Jeremy Konner and Red Hour's Ben Stiller, Debbie Liebling, Stuart Cornfeld and Mike Rosenstein, the second season of Another Period will premiere ten episodes in 2016. Currently airing new episodes on Tuesday nights at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT, full episodes from the first season of Another Period have been seen by over 9 million total viewers with an additional 4.6 million multiplatform clip views. Before others claimed their fame, there was one American family that stood for all that was spoiled, shameless and stupid. Meet the Bellacourts – Newport, RI's First Family of the Gilded Age. They have tons of money, live in a big-ass mansion and employ a whole team of Fonzworth Bentleys.
Lauren Ash, Michael Ian Black, Paget Brewster, Beth Dover,Brett Gelman, Christina Hendricks, Brian Huskey, David Koechner, Jason Ritter, David Wain and Armen Weitzman appear alongside Leggero and Lindhome. Guest stars for the series' first season include Matt Besser, Jack Black, Jon Daly, John Ennis, Kate Flannery, Rich Fulcher, Tim Heidecker, Moshe Kasher, Lauren Lapkus, Thomas Lennon, Kate Micucci, Chris Parnell, Lou Diamond Phillips, Missi Pyle, Will Sasso, Betsy Sodaro, Shoshannah Stern, Ben Stiller, Stephen Tobolowsky and Brian White.
IFC has renewed its original comedy series Documentary Now! for two additional seasons. This is the first time the comedy network has picked up additional seasons of a series prior to its network debut. IFC also announced the addition of a surprise seventh episode to season one, up from the initial order of six episodes, which premieres on IFC this Thursday, August 20 at 10 pm ET/PT. Documentary Now! is created, written by and executive produced by the powerhouse comedic trio Fred Armisen, Bill Hader and Seth Meyers. Documentary Now! parodies some of the world’s best-known documentaries. Starring Armisen and Hader, each episode is shot in a different style of documentary filmmaking and honors some of the most important stories that didn't actually happen. Paying homage to everyone from the Maysles to Errol Morris the episodes range in topic from an intimate portrait of socialite mother-daughter feral animal hoarders to a behind-the-scenes look at the world's first documentary, and much more. The finale episode, titled "Gentle & Soft: The Story of the Blue Jean Committee," chronicles a soft rock Chicago band's rise to fame with their hit album "Catalina Breeze" which will now air as a two-part episode.
Dame Helen Mirren (The Queen, The Audience) serves as host of the series, lending the gravitas that documentaries of this caliber so rightly deserve. The show also features appearances by Jack Black (The D Train, Tenacious D), John Slattery (Mad Men, Wet Hot American Summer), iconic music manager Irving Azoff and SNL's Aidy Bryant, Mike O'Brien, Paula Pell, and Tim Robinson.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.