Tuesday, August 11, 2015
In its summer finale, ABC Family's Baby Daddy delivered 2-year finale highs in Total Viewers (1.293 million), Viewers 12-34 (668,000/0.7 rating) and target Women 18-34 (394,000/1.2 rating) and Female 12-34 (567,000/1.2 rating) demographics - since 9/4/13 - sweeping its cable-TV time period in the core measures. Launch to date, Baby Daddy is ABC Family's #1 comedy of all time in Adults 18-34 (548,000/0.8 rating) and the #2 comedy in the network's history in Adults 18-49 (814,000/0.6 rating), Viewers 12-34 (723,000/0.8 rating), Women 18-34 (416,000/1.2 rating) and Females 12-34 (563,000/1.2 rating). For the season, Baby Daddy ranked as cable TV's #1 series on Wednesdays at 8:30 p.m. across Adults 18-34, Viewers 12-34 and key female demos, and was the #1 original cable-TV series in the half hour in Adults 18-49. Baby Daddy built by substantial double digits in L+3 versus L+SD delivery for the season across all categories, including Total Viewers (+56% - 1.204 million vs. 773,000), Adults 18-34 (+70% - 478,000 vs. 281,000), Adults 18-49 (+63% - 719,000 vs. 442,000) and Viewers 12-34 (+69% - 626,000 vs. 370,000). The fifth season will premiere on ABC Family in the coming months, but no return date has been set yet.
Baby Daddy stars Jean-Luc Bilodeau, Derek Theler, Tahj Mowry, with Melissa Peterman and Chelsea Kane. The series is created and executive produced by Dan Berendsen (The Nine Lives of Chloe King, Sabrina, the Teenage Witch). Baby Daddy is a multi-camera comedy that shoots in front of a live studio audience in Los Angeles.
Short-lived drama 666 Park Avenue is heading to Chiller for some rerun play. Chiller is a 24-hour American cable and satellite television channel specializing in horror, thriller and suspense programming, owned by NBCUniversal Cable. Among the series they are air The X-Files, Ripley's Believe It Or Not, Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction, and short-lived series like The River, The Gates and Alcatraz. Beginning Monday, September 14 666 Park Avenue will air every Monday in primetime from 9pm-12am with three episodes every Monday night. The series lasted 13 hour-long episodes on ABC during the 2012-13 season. The show starred Rachael Taylor, Dave Annable, Vanessa Williams, Robert Buckley, Mercedes Masohn. Helena Mattsson and Terry O'Quinn and followed a couple who learns that the Manhattan apartment building that they just moved into, including its upscale tenants, might be possessed by a mysterious demonic force. Chiller will air the series over four weeks with three episodes every week. Encores will air at various times as well, so check your listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 20
Kevin Can Wait - "Neighborhood Watch" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Donna’s cousin, Irene (Claire Coffee), comes to visit with her chatty husband, Stuart (Alexander Chaplin), Kevin concocts an elaborate plan to avoid spending time with them by forming a neighborhood watch group with his buddies, including his neighbor, Rootger (Bas Rutten).
Man with a Plan - "Kate's First Date" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Kate is asked out on her first date, Adam can’t curb his overprotective ways. Also, Don enlists Lowell’s help to buy the perfect anniversary gift for Marcy.
Superior Donuts - "Trust Me" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Arthur is reluctant to let Franco make the shop’s bank deposit, Franco accuses his boss of not trusting him. Also, James regrets confiding in Randy after she shares an embarrassing secret about him with other cops at the station.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Jessica Shmessica" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Bobby (Christopher Gorham) invites Caroline to a party to meet his family, she is eager to make a good impression but isn’t prepared for the torch that his mother and sisters still carry for Bobby’s ex-girlfriend. Also, Caroline’s nerves are even more frayed when the diner gang decides to tag along. Guest stars include Nora Dunn as Bobby’s mother, Teresa, and Kerri Kenney-Silver as his sister, Denise.
Monday, February 20
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Watch Jason on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Norm Macdonald (The Norm Show/A Minute with Stan Hooper) - Norm is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Mike Farrell, Loretta Swit and Jamie Farr (M*A*S*H) - Mike, Loretta and Jamie are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Anne-Marie Johnson (What's Happening Now!!) - Anne-Marie discusses diversity at the Oscars on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Rosie Perez (Search Party) - Rosie is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Regina Hall (Grandfathered) - Regina appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/The Louie Show/Life with Louie) - Louie is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.