Tuesday, August 11, 2015
In its summer finale, ABC Family's Baby Daddy delivered 2-year finale highs in Total Viewers (1.293 million), Viewers 12-34 (668,000/0.7 rating) and target Women 18-34 (394,000/1.2 rating) and Female 12-34 (567,000/1.2 rating) demographics - since 9/4/13 - sweeping its cable-TV time period in the core measures. Launch to date, Baby Daddy is ABC Family's #1 comedy of all time in Adults 18-34 (548,000/0.8 rating) and the #2 comedy in the network's history in Adults 18-49 (814,000/0.6 rating), Viewers 12-34 (723,000/0.8 rating), Women 18-34 (416,000/1.2 rating) and Females 12-34 (563,000/1.2 rating). For the season, Baby Daddy ranked as cable TV's #1 series on Wednesdays at 8:30 p.m. across Adults 18-34, Viewers 12-34 and key female demos, and was the #1 original cable-TV series in the half hour in Adults 18-49. Baby Daddy built by substantial double digits in L+3 versus L+SD delivery for the season across all categories, including Total Viewers (+56% - 1.204 million vs. 773,000), Adults 18-34 (+70% - 478,000 vs. 281,000), Adults 18-49 (+63% - 719,000 vs. 442,000) and Viewers 12-34 (+69% - 626,000 vs. 370,000). The fifth season will premiere on ABC Family in the coming months, but no return date has been set yet.
Baby Daddy stars Jean-Luc Bilodeau, Derek Theler, Tahj Mowry, with Melissa Peterman and Chelsea Kane. The series is created and executive produced by Dan Berendsen (The Nine Lives of Chloe King, Sabrina, the Teenage Witch). Baby Daddy is a multi-camera comedy that shoots in front of a live studio audience in Los Angeles.
Short-lived drama 666 Park Avenue is heading to Chiller for some rerun play. Chiller is a 24-hour American cable and satellite television channel specializing in horror, thriller and suspense programming, owned by NBCUniversal Cable. Among the series they are air The X-Files, Ripley's Believe It Or Not, Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction, and short-lived series like The River, The Gates and Alcatraz. Beginning Monday, September 14 666 Park Avenue will air every Monday in primetime from 9pm-12am with three episodes every Monday night. The series lasted 13 hour-long episodes on ABC during the 2012-13 season. The show starred Rachael Taylor, Dave Annable, Vanessa Williams, Robert Buckley, Mercedes Masohn. Helena Mattsson and Terry O'Quinn and followed a couple who learns that the Manhattan apartment building that they just moved into, including its upscale tenants, might be possessed by a mysterious demonic force. Chiller will air the series over four weeks with three episodes every week. Encores will air at various times as well, so check your listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, January 19
The Big Bang Theory - "The Romance Calibration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Penny feels that Leonard is taking her for granted, she decides to go on a spa weekend with Amy. Also, Wolowitz and Koothrappali try to fix a squeaky floorboard in the baby’s room.
The Great Indoors - "Mason Blows Up" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jack tries to reassert his dominance as a reporter after Mason scores an investigative coup that turns him into an overnight celebrity. Also, Clark’s low self-esteem causes him to give Emma relationship advice about other guys instead of asking her out himself
Mom - "Good Karma and the Big Weird" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bonnie encourages Christy to pursue Marjorie’s charming nephew, Nick, despite the fact that he’s been declared off limits. Chris Pratt, husband of MOM star Anna Faris, guest stars as Nick, Marjorie’s nephew.
Life in Pieces - "Tailgate Spiral Souvenir Seating" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Colleen and Matt host the family tailgate party at the L.A. Rams game, they invite former NFL quarterback Kurt Warner to spice up their so far dismal event. Also, Tim’s in danger of missing the game when Sophia makes him take her to the restroom and they get sidetracked returning to their seats; Joan and Jen try to sneak into seats closer to the field; and Greg wins a chance to participate in a halftime contest involving a football toss.
The Good Place - "Mindy St. Claire" / "Michael's Gambit" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the help of Chidi (William Jackson Harper) and Tahani (Jameela Jamil), Michael (Ted Danson) faces his biggest challenge yet. Meanwhile, Eleanor (Kristen Bell), Jianyu (Manny Jacinto) and Janet (D'Arcy Carden) are faced with a monumental decision.
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) and her friends contemplate their fates in the Good Place.
Baskets - "Freaks" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Chip has to decide between a tarp and snacks.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.