Thursday, July 23, 2015
TV Land's New Original Comedy Hour Starts Strong; Lifetime's Unauthorized Story of 90210 and Melrose Premieres in October
The premieres of TV Land's newest original series premieres boasted impressive numbers, with The Jim Gaffigan Show attracting a gross audience of 3.2 million total viewers on TV Land, Nick at Nite and Comedy Central, and Impastor attracting 1.7 million gross total viewers on TV Land and Nick at Nite (Live+3). The July 15 premiere for both shows, which kicked off at 10 pm on TV Land and Nick at Nite, reached 5.6 million viewers (L+3, 1 min. qualifier, P2+, 6 telecasts, Total US). Compared to channel prime average, The Jim Gaffigan Show premiere on TV Land was up 178%. The Jim Gaffigan Show ranked #5 on Nielsen's Twitter TV rankings for the night. An encore of the series premiere of The Jim Gaffigan Show was telecast on Comedy Central on July 16 and reached 1.1 million viewers (L+3, 1 min. qualifier, P2+, CMDY Cov. Area). The TV Land premiere of Impastor had a +21% increase over channel prime average.
Ah, the 1990s. Sideburns, frosted tips, slap bracelets, fanny packs and, of course, the launch of two shows that made television history -- Beverly Hills, 90210 and Melrose Place. In a Lifetime "throw back-to–back" weekend event, The Unauthorized Beverly Hills, 90210 Story premieres Saturday, October 3, at 8pm ET/PT and The Unauthorized Melrose Place Story follows on Saturday, October 10, at 8pm ET/PT. The movies are the latest in Lifetime's Unauthorized Story film franchise and revisit two of the decade's most iconic programs and reveal what transpired behind the scenes during the cast members' rise to fame. An international pop culture phenomenon, Beverly Hills, 90210 ruled the '90s television landscape and reigned as the top teen show for nearly a decade during which Jason Priestley, Luke Perry, Shannen Doherty, Jennie Garth and Tori Spelling became household names. The Unauthorized Beverly Hills, 90210 Story reveals the roller coaster ride behind the show's first four seasons, highlighting the drama between cast members and producers both on and off-set as they journeyed together from near-cancelation to unparalled fame and success.
Launched in 1992 as a companion for Beverly Hills, 90210, Melrose Place quickly became a giant television hit in its own right. Originally designed to be an authentic, grounded look at 20-something life in Los Angeles, the program soon became 90210's soapier, yet equally popular counterpart. The Unauthorized Melrose Place Story highlights the remarkable behind-the-scenes moments that shaped the series including early casting drama, Heather Locklear arriving to "save" Melrose Place, and the actors begging their writers for even wilder storylines to make them fan favorites.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, March 26
The Simpsons - "Dad Behavior" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer finds a new app that makes his life much easier and outsources his father-son bonding. Meanwhile, Grampa finds that he is about to be a father again.
Bob's Burgers - "Aquaticism" / "Ain't Miss Debatin'" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When Tina learns that the aquarium is in danger of closing, the Belcher children devise a scheme to keep it running. Meanwhile, Bob realizes that he could learn a thing or two from Linda’s customer service skills. Then, when Tina is recruited by the debate team, she finds unexpected success and an even more unexpected relationship. Meanwhile, Louise and Gene convince their parents to help fund a stop-motion movie focusing on a surprising subject matter.
Making History - "Chadwick's Angels" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
In need of a victory, the trio heads back to the 1990s to give Dan another shot at his childhood dream: finishing the infamous “Bellybuster” ice cream sundae at a local parlor. As Deb bonds with the parlor’s owner, Chris is on a mission to save a life in honor of his late British friend. But all of their plans are derailed when Dan runs into the bully that tormented him.
Family Guy - "Peter's Lost Youth" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter gets jealous of Lois when she upstages him at a Red Sox fantasy baseball camp. Meanwhile, Stewie runs away from home when Meg is left to babysit him.
The Last Man on Earth - "Find This Thing We Need To" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Carol makes a big discovery, enlisting Tandy and Erica to help her track down some answers. Meanwhile, Todd has a major breakthrough with Melissa.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.