Thursday, July 23, 2015
TV Land's New Original Comedy Hour Starts Strong; Lifetime's Unauthorized Story of 90210 and Melrose Premieres in October
The premieres of TV Land's newest original series premieres boasted impressive numbers, with The Jim Gaffigan Show attracting a gross audience of 3.2 million total viewers on TV Land, Nick at Nite and Comedy Central, and Impastor attracting 1.7 million gross total viewers on TV Land and Nick at Nite (Live+3). The July 15 premiere for both shows, which kicked off at 10 pm on TV Land and Nick at Nite, reached 5.6 million viewers (L+3, 1 min. qualifier, P2+, 6 telecasts, Total US). Compared to channel prime average, The Jim Gaffigan Show premiere on TV Land was up 178%. The Jim Gaffigan Show ranked #5 on Nielsen's Twitter TV rankings for the night. An encore of the series premiere of The Jim Gaffigan Show was telecast on Comedy Central on July 16 and reached 1.1 million viewers (L+3, 1 min. qualifier, P2+, CMDY Cov. Area). The TV Land premiere of Impastor had a +21% increase over channel prime average.
Ah, the 1990s. Sideburns, frosted tips, slap bracelets, fanny packs and, of course, the launch of two shows that made television history -- Beverly Hills, 90210 and Melrose Place. In a Lifetime "throw back-to–back" weekend event, The Unauthorized Beverly Hills, 90210 Story premieres Saturday, October 3, at 8pm ET/PT and The Unauthorized Melrose Place Story follows on Saturday, October 10, at 8pm ET/PT. The movies are the latest in Lifetime's Unauthorized Story film franchise and revisit two of the decade's most iconic programs and reveal what transpired behind the scenes during the cast members' rise to fame. An international pop culture phenomenon, Beverly Hills, 90210 ruled the '90s television landscape and reigned as the top teen show for nearly a decade during which Jason Priestley, Luke Perry, Shannen Doherty, Jennie Garth and Tori Spelling became household names. The Unauthorized Beverly Hills, 90210 Story reveals the roller coaster ride behind the show's first four seasons, highlighting the drama between cast members and producers both on and off-set as they journeyed together from near-cancelation to unparalled fame and success.
Launched in 1992 as a companion for Beverly Hills, 90210, Melrose Place quickly became a giant television hit in its own right. Originally designed to be an authentic, grounded look at 20-something life in Los Angeles, the program soon became 90210's soapier, yet equally popular counterpart. The Unauthorized Melrose Place Story highlights the remarkable behind-the-scenes moments that shaped the series including early casting drama, Heather Locklear arriving to "save" Melrose Place, and the actors begging their writers for even wilder storylines to make them fan favorites.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 20
Kevin Can Wait - "Neighborhood Watch" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Donna’s cousin, Irene (Claire Coffee), comes to visit with her chatty husband, Stuart (Alexander Chaplin), Kevin concocts an elaborate plan to avoid spending time with them by forming a neighborhood watch group with his buddies, including his neighbor, Rootger (Bas Rutten).
Man with a Plan - "Kate's First Date" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Kate is asked out on her first date, Adam can’t curb his overprotective ways. Also, Don enlists Lowell’s help to buy the perfect anniversary gift for Marcy.
Superior Donuts - "Trust Me" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Arthur is reluctant to let Franco make the shop’s bank deposit, Franco accuses his boss of not trusting him. Also, James regrets confiding in Randy after she shares an embarrassing secret about him with other cops at the station.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Jessica Shmessica" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Bobby (Christopher Gorham) invites Caroline to a party to meet his family, she is eager to make a good impression but isn’t prepared for the torch that his mother and sisters still carry for Bobby’s ex-girlfriend. Also, Caroline’s nerves are even more frayed when the diner gang decides to tag along. Guest stars include Nora Dunn as Bobby’s mother, Teresa, and Kerri Kenney-Silver as his sister, Denise.
Monday, February 20
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Watch Jason on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Norm Macdonald (The Norm Show/A Minute with Stan Hooper) - Norm is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Mike Farrell, Loretta Swit and Jamie Farr (M*A*S*H) - Mike, Loretta and Jamie are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Anne-Marie Johnson (What's Happening Now!!) - Anne-Marie discusses diversity at the Oscars on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Rosie Perez (Search Party) - Rosie is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Regina Hall (Grandfathered) - Regina appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/The Louie Show/Life with Louie) - Louie is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.