Thursday, July 02, 2015
Sitcom Stars Anthony Anderson, Betty White Join ABC's To Tell the Truth; Spike TV Remembers SNL's Chris Farley
To Tell the Truth is coming back and in primetime! Hosted by black-ish star Anthony Anderson and produced by FremantleMedia North America, To Tell the Truth is an anarchic and funny re-imagination of the beloved, game show of the same name. The all new version will take the excitement to another level featuring fun characters from pop culture over the six-episode series. To Tell the Truth is coming soon to the ABC Television Network in primetime. Anderson will preside over four famous faces including legend Betty White (who has appeared on previous versions of the show) and actress NeNe Leakes. In each round they will be presented with three people who all claim to be the same person with the same incredible talent, job or achievement. One is sworn to tell the truth while the others are not. The panel of celebrities will have a chance to grill each participant before taking turns deciding who they think is telling the truth. Anderson's brassy mother, Doris, will be the official scorekeeper and asking questions of her own, not to mention embarrassing her son every chance she gets. The celebrity panelist who performs the worst will have to tweet a lie about themselves to the world. Cheche and his Band of Liars will be the house band. Every episode will end with a show stopping stunt/performance.
The celebrity panelists set to appear in each episode include: Betty White - Seven-Time Emmy(R) Award Winning TV legend, actress, author and producer, and passionate supporter of animal health and welfare. Betty is known for her iconic television roles from The Golden Girls and The Mary Tyler Moore Show and more recently on Hot in Cleveland. NeNe Leakes - Actress, TV personality, producer, author and fashion designer most recently seen on Broadway in Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella. Additional Celebrity Guests will join throughout the season. To Tell the Truth is produced by FremantleMedia North America and will be taped in front of a live audience in Los Angeles, California. Barry Poznick, Toby Gorman, Thom Beers, Jeff Gaspin, George Moll and Anthony Anderson are executive producers. Stay with us for a premiere date.
Spike TV, in association with Network Entertainment, presents the definitive look at one of America's hilariously distinctive comedic performers, Chris Farley, in the original documentary I Am Chris Farley. The film will open theatrically in New York and Los Angeles on July 31, 2015 and will debut on Spike Monday, August 10 at 9:00pm ET/PT, followed by DVD, Blu Ray and Video-On-Demand availability. Chris Farley lived his life full speed and committed to making everyone around him laugh out loud, and I Am Chris Farley tells his hilarious, touching and wildly entertaining story for the first time ever - from his early days in Madison, Wisconsin, and at Marquette University, through his work at the legendary Second City to his rapid rise to the top of the comedy world on Saturday Night Live and in hit films like Tommy Boy and Black Sheep.
The film showcases the performer's most memorable characters and skits from television and film, paired with iconic photographs, home movies and family snapshots, to fully round out the story of this comedy legend - a bear of a man who nevertheless had remarkable grace and physicality. Clips from Farley's most unforgettable performances fill the documentary, from his breathtaking Chippendales audition alongside Patrick Swayze, to his comically ill-fated salesman in Tommy Boy, to his diatribes as Matt Foley, the motivational speaker who "lives in a van down by the river!" Sharing insights into the beloved funnyman are such co-stars and colleagues such as Christina Applegate, Tom Arnold, Dan Aykroyd, Bo Derek, Pat Finn, Jon Lovitz, Lorne Michaels, Jay Mohr, Mike Myers, Bob Odenkirk, Bob Saget, Adam Sandler, Will Sasso, Molly Shannon, David Spade, Brian Stack and Fred Wolf, and family members including his brother Kevin, a comedian and actor, and his brothers Tom Jr. and Johnny, with sister Barbara.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.