Tuesday, July 14, 2015
NBC Moves Scripted Thursday Summer Lineup to Saturdays; TV Land Developing Comedy Pilot with Hamish Linklater
NBC is moving its struggling Thursday summer dramas Aquarius and Hannibal to Saturdays effective immediately. Filling the void on Thursdays will now be Dateline Mystery, which will take over the to 9-11PM block. Hannibal has already been canceled, while NBC did order a second season of Aquarius, despite low ratings. Both dramas were losing head-to-head with the competing dramas on ABC (Mistresses and Rookie Blue), Fox (Wayward Pines) and CBS (Under the Dome). Unscripted fare Food Fighters will continue to air Thursdays at 8pm.
TV Land has greenlit I Shudder, a dark comedy pilot starring Hamish Linklater (The New Adventures of Old Christine, The Newsroom) and written by Paul Rudnick (In & Out, Addams Family Values), about a meticulous but generous man who sees the world in very black and white terms: what is acceptable, and what is unacceptable. Dan Jinks (American Beauty, Pushing Daisies) and Rudnick will executive produce. Linklater stars as the eccentric Elyot Vionnet, an advocate of manners, style and most importantly, common decency. Observing people committing heinous crimes of etiquette, he tries to counsel them from afar, inserting himself into their lives most unwelcomely. When the individuals he deems classless choose not to take his advice, they are met with terrible consequences. In the midst of his mission, Elyot allies himself with his neighbor, an 11-year-old girl named Stella, to try to make the world better, one tactless person at a time.
I Shudder is the latest in a line of bold new programs that TV Land has on its slate or in development, including the critically-acclaimed and recently renewed Darren Star comedy Younger, The Jim Gaffigan Show, Impastor, Teachers, and the untitled John Wells/John Riggi/Warner Horizon Television project inspired by the life of Kyle Richards (The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills). Don't forget to tune in to the series premieres of The Jim Gaffigan Show and Impastor tomorrow night on TV Land (July 15 at 10|9c)
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.