Friday, July 31, 2015
UP announced it has acquired the full seven-season run of Gilmore Girls, the award-winning, fan-favorite family drama starring Lauren Graham (Parenthood), Alexis Bledel (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants), Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly, Spy), Keiko Agena (Shameless, Transformers of the Dark Moon), Yanic Truesdale (Reumeurs), Scott Patterson (CSI Miami), Liza Weil (Stir of Echoes), Jared Padalecki (Supernatural), Milo Ventimiglia (The Whispers, Heroes), Sean Gunn (Guardians of the Gun, Pearl Harbor) and Kelly Bishop (Bunhead, The Good Wife), with special appearances by the late Edward Herrmann (The Wolf of Wall Street, The Lost Boys) and recurring guest star Liz Torres (Devious Maids, Scandal). UP acquired Gilmore Girls from Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution and will begin airing the 153 one-hour episodes of the series in the fall. We will have more info on this soon, such as a premiere date and timeslots. Will ABC Family still be airing the show this fall? We will let you know when we are allowed, so stay tuned!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of August 3-7, 2015, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVRs (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Sunday, August 2, 2015
- Christina Applegate (Up All Night/Samantha Who?/Jesse/Married with Children) - Catch Christina on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark is a guest on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerrod Carmichael (The Carmichael Show) - Watch Jerrod on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jeremy Piven (Entourage/Ellen) - Jeremy appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jessica St. Clair (Playing House/Best Friends Forever/In the Motherhood) and Lennon Parham (Playing House/Best Friends Forever/Accidentally on Purpose) - Jessica and Lennon are guests on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC and on the AOL Build Show.
- Matt LeBlanc (Episodes/Friends) - Matt appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Don Cheadle (House of Lies/The Golden Palace) - Don visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ed Helms (The Office) - Ed is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Free Agents/Gary Unmarried) - Al will be on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/The Office) - Ellie appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Kevin James (The King of Queens) - Kevin appears on repeats of Rachael Ray and The Real, so check your local listings.
- Eddie Kaye Thomas (Off Centre/American Dad!) - Eddie is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia joins the Chew Crew on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jill Kargman (Odd Mom Out) - Jill will be on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Fuller House/Full House) - Candace talks about her new book Dancing Through Life: Steps of Courage and Conviction on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am, on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET, on HuffPost Live at 2:30pm and on Entertainment Tonight, so check your local listings. She also guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Anna Chlumsky (Veep) - Anna is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Catch Mr. Warmth on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Craig Robinson (Mr. Robinson/The Office) - Craig appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC, on the AOL Build Show and on SI Now.
- Michael Ian Black (The Jim Gaffigan Show/Ed) - Michael is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Josh Charles (Sports Night) - Josh visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Denis Leary (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/The Job) - Denis stops by Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) - Judy appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ron Funches (Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Tom Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) - Tom will be on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jessica St. Clair (Playing House/Best Friends Forever/In the Motherhood) and Lennon Parham (Playing House/Best Friends Forever/Accidentally on Purpose) - Jessica and Lennon talk about Playing House on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. Jessica will also be on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Jason talks about the film The End of the Hour on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy talks about how he almost walked away from Hollywood before landing the leading role on his hit sitcom and what really happened at his first shoot with co-star Melissa McCarthy on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Tim Bagley (Mr. Robinson/Web Therapy/Will & Grace) - Tim talks about his new series Mr. Robinson on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jerrod Carmichael (The Carmichael Show) - Jerrod appears on the AOL Build Show.
- Brandy Norwood (The Game/Moesha) - Brandy talks about her incognito NYC subway performance and her exciting new role on Broadway's Chicago on a repeat of Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- David Alan Grier (The Carmichael Show/Life with Bonnie/DAG) - David is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Fuller House/Full House) - Candace talks about her new book Dancing Through Life: Steps of Courage and Conviction on Fox & Friends on Fox News Channel sometime between 6-9am. She also guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Watch Jason on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Adam Pally (The Mindy Project/Happy Endings) - Adam appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jeffrey Tambor (Transparent/Arrested Development/The Larry Sanders Show) - Jeffrey visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) - Louis stops by Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Jim Jefferies (Legit) - Jim is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland/Café Americain/One Day at a Time) - Valerie stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Nick Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Nick talks about discovered at 6-years-old, the craziest thing a fan has ever done and what feature he finds most attractive in the opposite sex on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- John O'Hurley (Seinfeld/The Mullets) - John talks about playing the infamous Mr. Peterman character, turning 60, fatherhood and more on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Sherri Shepherd (The Soul Man/Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Jordan Hinson (Kevin from Work) - Jordan gives a peek at her new series Kevin from Work on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Dania Ramirez (Entourage) - Dania appears on a repeat of Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Craig Robinson (Mr. Robinson/The Office) - Craig talks about Mr. Robinson on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET..
- Jerrod Carmichael (The Carmichael Show) - Jerrod talks about The Carmichael Show on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Ed Helms (The Office) - Ed is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Peri Gilpin (Mr. Robinson/Frasier) - Peri appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Fuller House/Full House) - Candace guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Lizzy Caplan (Party Down/The Class) - Watch Lizzy on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Joel appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Christina Applegate (Up All Night/Samantha Who?/Jesse/Married with Children) - Christina stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nat Faxon (Married/Ben and Kate) - Nat visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Tom Papa (Come to Papa) - Tom drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Paul Scheer (The League/Fresh Off the Boat) - Paul is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey will be on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Michael appears on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Skylar Astin (Ground Floor) - Skylar is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Denis Leary (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/The Job) - Denis appears on a repeat of Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- D.L. Hughley (The Hughleys) - D.L. chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jussie Smollett (On Our Own) - Jussie joins the Chew Crew on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland/Café Americain/One Day at a Time) - Valerie will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nick Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Nick is a guest on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Fuller House/Full House) - Candace guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- CCH Pounder (Brothers/Women in Prison) - CCH appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Watch Jason on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Regina King (227) - Regina is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Peter Facinelli (Nurse Jackie) - Peter visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Neil talks about his wedding in Italy on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland/Café Americain/One Day at a Time) - Valerie is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Fuller House/Full House) - Candace guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
Thursday, July 30, 2015
NBC has pulled second season summer comedy Welcome to Sweden off the air after two weeks. NBC was airing the series back-to-back on Sunday nights from 8-9pm, but all four airings struggled really mightily in the ratings. Repeats of Hollywood Game Night will now take over on Sundays at 8pm. In the series, Bruce Evans (Greg Poehler) and Emma Wiik (Josephine Bornebusch) seem to be the perfect couple....when she makes the life-changing decision to move back to her native Stockholm to accept a prestigious banking job after a year together, she is surprised and thrilled that he agrees to move with her to begin a new life together. Moving halfway around the world with a new love is a huge step and Bruce, with no job, friends or real clue about what he is getting himself into, is quick to face the many unique challenges and culture clashes that living in a foreign land presents. Against the backdrop of a cold, dark and icy Swedish winter, season two follows Bruce and Emma's engagement as they navigate unexpected career transitions, unfamiliar customs and meddlesome relatives. No word on if and when NBC will burn-off the remaining episodes, but it seems highly unlikely they will. Perhaps NBC.com? We'll let you know when NBC announces anything.
As part of the network's ongoing summer sampling campaign for its new original series, ABC Family will showcase the network's newest original comedy, Kevin From Work, prior to its on-air premiere on Facebook. As of yesterday, July 29, fans can watch the entire first episode of Kevin From Work exclusively on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/KevinFromWorkTV. The show will premiere on ABC Family on Wednesday, August 12 at 8:00 PM ET/PT with two back-to-back episodes. In "Pilot," airing at 8:00 PM ET/PT, after secretly pining after her for years, Kevin declares his love for his coworker Audrey in a letter, believing he'll never see her again after he accepts a job overseas. But Kevin is horrified when that job falls through, and tries to get the letter back before Audrey can see it. Meanwhile, Kevin's irresponsible sister Roxie arrives in town and ends up as Kevin's roommate.
The summer sampling strategy launched earlier this summer with Stitchers and Becoming Us and is a multi-tiered approach that coincides with the series premiere dates. The sampling tactics continue with exclusive digital premieres on Facebook (Kevin From Work) and Tumblr (Job or No Job, Next Step Realty, Monica The Medium and Startup U), screening events with magazines and websites - such as Hearst Magazines' TrendingNY, OK! Magazine, and digital media company Refinery29; free preview of full episodes on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, YouTube, iTunes, Amazon video and Google Play; previews of full episodes on the WATCH ABC Family app, MVPDs and set-top box VODs; as well as on a special ABC Family website www.ABCFbestsummertvever.com where fans can not only watch the premiere episodes but also post reviews and share across their social platforms.
Kevin From Work is written, created and executive-produced by Barbara Adler. Aaron Kaplan at Kapital Entertainment and McG and Mary Viola at Wonderland Sound & Vision serve as Executive Producers. The series stars Noah Reid (Backpackers) as Kevin, Paige Spara as Audrey, Matt Murray as Brian, Jordan Hinson as Roxie, Punam Patel as Patti, with recurring guest star Amy Sedaris (Strangers with Candy) as Julia.
Wednesday, July 29, 2015
TV Land's The Soul Man, starring Cedric "The Entertainer," Emmy(R)-nominated actress, Niecy Nash and Wesley Jonathan, has been renewed for its fifth and final 12-episode season, the network announced. The sitcom, which follows Cedric as R&B super-star-turned minister Reverend Boyce "The Voice" Ballentine, is the network's highest-rated original series among African Americans P25-54 and African American Women 25-54. Over the course of four seasons, the series averaged a 2.20 AA P25-54 rating and a 2.65 rating among AA W25-54. Last season, The Soul Man averaged a 1.07 rating among African American P25-54 viewers, up +365% compared to the TV Land prime average among the demo and among AA W25-54, Season 4 averaged a 1.32 rating, up +340% compared to the TV Land prime average. Since the series launch in 2012, The Soul Man has followed Boyce after he relocated with his wife, hairdresser Lolli (the recently Primetime Emmy(R)-nominated Niecy Nash) from Las Vegas to St. Louis, where they're constantly caught between the pull of the glam celebrity life and the simple life of a reverend's family. They've always had plenty of obstacles in their way, including Boyce's brother Stamps (Jonathan), who is still trying to figure out what he wants to do with his life, and their unruly cousin Nikki (recurring guest star Sherri Shepherd), who always finds a way to make trouble. The Soul Man has continued to evolve and become a fan-favorite, especially on social media, where memes from the show often see thousands of shares and have gone viral.
Netflix has announced a premiere date for the new Aziz Ansari comedy series Master of None. The series will premiere on the service on Friday, November 6, 2015. Based on the comedic viewpoints of Aziz Ansari, the show follows the personal and professional lives of Dev (Aziz Ansari), a 30-year-old actor in New York who has trouble deciding what he wants to eat, much less the pathway for the rest of his life. Ambitious, funny, cinematic, and both sweeping in scope and intensely personal, Dev's story takes him through subjects as diverse as the plight of the elderly, the immigrant experience, and how to find the most delicious pasta for dinner. Ansari stars in and created the series with Alan Yang; both serve as executive producers alongside Mike Schur (Parks and Recreation), Dave Becky (Louie) and David Miner (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt). The series also stars H. Jon Benjamin, Eric Wareheim, Lena Waithe, Noel Wells and Kelvin Yu and is produced by Universal TV and 3 Arts for Netflix.
Tuesday, July 28, 2015
Dawson's Creek Moving Timeslots Next Month on ABC Family; TV Land Developing Comedy Pilot From Melissa McCarthy
Last week we mentioned ABC Family was moving Buffy, the Vampire Slayer to mornings effective this week, but now Dawson's Creek will also move to mornings. Just not immediately. It will move to mornings starting Monday, Aug. 31...so you have a full month before the change. Starting Aug. 31 Dawson's Creek will replace That '70s Show in the weekdays at 8am timeslot, following Buffy at 7am. Dawson's afternoon slot of 12 noon will be filled with more Gilmore Girls at 12pm, as that series will air back-to-back at 11am and 12pm for now. These changes come Aug. 31 mean that That '70s Show is off the line-up. There will be more schedule changes to come in September, including a new addition to the line-up, when ABC Family launches its fall 2015 schedule and we will give that to you very soon...so stay tuned!
TV Land has closed a deal for a pilot script with Emmy(R) Award winner and Oscar(R) nominee Melissa McCarthy and acclaimed comedic actor/director Ben Falcone, serving as executive producers through their production company On The Day. The single-camera comedy, tentatively titled Friends with Melissa, is written, executive produced and inspired by the real lives of Hugh Davidson, Larry Dorf and Rachel Ramras (Mike Tyson Mysteries), who watched as their friends from The Groundlings went on to star in blockbuster comedies and win Oscars, while they toiled away writing for children's television. Melissa McCarthy will appear in the pilot episode. This project is one of several in development for TV Land, along with the recently announced I Shudder starring Hamish Linklater and produced by Dan Jinks and Paul Rudnick, and the untitled John Wells/John Riggi/Warner Horizon Television project inspired by the life of Kyle Richards (The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills).
Monday, July 27, 2015
Giving audiences a chance to fully engage with NBC's new summer comedies, the network has announced Mr. Robinson will air back-to-back episodes for three weeks beginning with its premiere, Wednesday, Aug. 5 from 9-10pm ET. The Carmichael Show will follow the same strategy and air back-to-back episodes in the timeslot for its Wednesday, Aug. 26 launch from 9-10pm ET. Beginning Aug. 12, Mr. Robinson will have the benefit of an 8:00pm lead-in live episode of America's Got Talent and that strategy will continue for the Aug. 26 launch of The Carmichael Show. On Aug. 5, a World's Got Talent special will air at 8:00pm, featuring the most memorable acts from Got Talent productions from around the globe. Both Mr. Robinson and The Carmichael Show are scheduled for six episodes.
On Mr. Robinson, as lead singer and keyboardist of the funk band Nasty Delicious, Craig (Craig Robinson, The Office) knows a thing or two about working the crowd, but his day job is where he really makes the grade. Every struggling artist knows the drill: You've got to pay the bills while you wait for that big break. So when Craig finds himself short on cash, he takes a job as a substitute high school music teacher. It's an easy gig, right? Yet when he realizes that the kids think his class is an easy A, Craig's moved to inspire his students. The school principal (Peri Gilpin, Frasier) believes that rules were made to be strictly upheld. She's none too fond of Craig's unorthodox teaching style, or his crush on the pretty English teacher (recurring guest star Meagan Good, Think Like a Man). It's a constant struggle for Craig, having one foot in the music world with his band, Nasty Delicious, and having one foot in the teaching world. But if Craig wants to get the girl of his dreams and teach these kids the joys of music, he'll have to buckle down, shape up and get the funk out. The cast also includes Ben Koldyke, Amandla Stenberg, Brandon T. Jackson, Spencer Grammer and Tim Bagley.
On The Carmichael Show, from the comedy of Jerrod Carmichael and Nick Stoller comes an irreverent sitcom inspired by Jerrod's relationships with his say-anything contrarian father, therapist-in training girlfriend, ever-hustling brother and mother, who is always, always, always right with Jesus. Taking the next step and moving in together, Jerrod and his girlfriend, Maxine (Amber West, Greek), are your average young couple trying to make it in the city. They're smart, motivated and looking to build a fulfilling life together. The only thing standing in their way is family. Between Jerrod's larger-than-life brother, Bobby (Lil Rel Howery), and his smothering and passionate parents (David Alan Grier, Loretta Devine), Jerrod and Maxine will be put to the test navigating the boundaries of romance, family and sanity.
Pickle and Peanut, an animated buddy-comedy series that follows the offbeat teenage adventures of best friends Pickle and Peanut, premieres Monday, September 7 at 9:00pm ET/PT on Disney XD, with new episodes airing Mondays through October 5. Jon Heder (Napoleon Dynamite) stars as the emotional Pickle and Johnny Pemberton (22 Jump Street) as the freewheeling Peanut. The premiere episode will be available on WATCH Disney XD, Disney XD on Demand and DisneyXD.com beginning Tuesday, September 1. The series finds small-town teens Pickle and Peanut embarking upon their last year of high school, determined to cram in as much fun as possible before taking on the inevitable adulthood responsibilities. The two underdogs dream up plans to be anything but ordinary in their slightly bizarre fictional suburb of Reno, Nevada. The series employs an inventive mix of 2-D animation and live-action clips that highlight the unpredictable humor and quirky nature of the series.
Sunday, July 26, 2015
|Summer Week 9 (July 20-26) How the Sitcoms Did|
|(Sun comedies are previous week and Fri/Sat are prelim ratings)|
|Sorted by 18-49 Rtg|
|Title||Network||Time||Day||Total Viewers||18-49 Rtg||Notes|
|The Big Bang Theory||CBS||8:00PM||Thu||7,340,000||1.50||REPEAT|
|Mike & Molly||CBS||8:30PM||Mon||4,820,000||0.90||REPEAT|
|2 Broke Girls||CBS||8:00PM||Mon||4,580,000||0.80||REPEAT|
|Fresh off the Boat||ABC||8:00PM||Tue||2,700,000||0.70||REPEAT|
|Golan the Insatiable||Fox||9:30PM||Sun||1,210,000||0.50|
|Welcome to Sweden||NBC||8:00PM||Sun||1,370,000||0.30||PREMIERE|
|Welcome to Sweden||NBC||8:30PM||Sun||1,130,000||0.30|
|The Last Man on Earth||Fox||9:30PM||Sun||preempted|
|The Odd Couple||CBS||8:30PM||Thu||preempted|
|Significant Mother||CW||9:30PM||Mon||8/3 prem|
|One Big Happy||NBC||9:30PM||Tue||canceled|
|About a Boy||NBC||9:30PM||Tue||canceled|
|The Mindy Project||Fox||9:30PM||Tue||canceled|
|A to Z||NBC||9:30PM||Thu||canceled|
|Manhattan Love Story||ABC||8:30PM||Tue||canceled|
|Two and a Half Men||CBS||9:00PM||Thu||canceled|
|Parks & Recreation||NBC||10:00PM||Tue||canceled|
|Last Man Standing||ABC||8:00PM||Fri||completed|
SOURCE: Nielsen Media Research
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, April 26
The Goldbergs - "Fonzie Scheme" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Murray is honored as one of Jenkintown’s top businessmen, his plaque is hung on a wall with all of the other honorees. And soon Beverly is dismayed to learn he has no discernable hobbies, and her attempts to help him find some backfire. Meanwhile, Barry creates a scheme stealing golf carts, but the situation goes awry and Erica comes to save the day.
Speechless - "R-U-N-- RUNAWAY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Maya learns JJ attempted to run away, she is determined to help him complete the task as any able-bodied person could, but her actions exasperate JJ, as he longs for independence. Meanwhile, Jimmy struggles to have hard talks with the kids without Maya, and Dylan tries to get Kenneth to revive his glory days as a high school sports star.
black-ish - "Sister, Sister" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bow’s sister comes to town after filming a stint on a reality show, and they couldn’t have less in common. Meanwhile, Zoey suggests that Dre spend more time with Junior since she’s leaving for college, and Jack and Diane decide to rebrand themselves.
black-ish - "All Groan Up" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Zoey gets into several colleges around the country, Dre and Bow begin to feel worried and sentimental. They reflect back on memories they’ve had with the family and wonder what life will be like without her around all the time. Pops enlists the twins to try and sway Zoey to go to college in a city they want to visit.
Nobodies - "Not the Emmys" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Award season! Larry, Rachel and Hugh are going to the Annies… while all their Groundlings friends are going to the Emmys.
Lopez - "No Country Club for Young Men" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
George gets Hector a job at his country club, but he falls in with a bad crowd of rich kids. Olly's little sister rolls back into town while Manolo struggles to stay focused in his GED class.
Hollywood Darlings - "Driving Miss Jodie" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jodie must choose between a sports car and a minivan; Christine's dream of participating in an exclusive yoga class is thwarted by a loud-breathing celebrity classmate.
Return of the Mac - "The Wrong Stuff" (Pop, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Feeling threatened by newly appointed sidekick Joey Fatone, Joe heads to a comedy club to hone his comedy monologue skills.
Wednesday, April 26
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris and the cast of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Thomas Middleditch (Silicon Valley) - Thomas visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Maria Bamford (Lady Dynamite) - Maria appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Henry Zebrowski (A to Z) - Henry is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Molly Ringwald (Townies/The Facts of Life) - Molly stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Anna Chlumsky (Veep) - Anna stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Sherri Shepherd (Trial & Error/Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri talks about the disease she won’t let destroy her on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your loclal listings.
- Felicity Huffman (Sports Night) - Felicity makes pecan bars on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Morris Chestnut (Out All Night) - Morris is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.