Thursday, June 25, 2015
The CW Fall 2015 Premiere Dates; USA Network Orders Second Season of Freshman Series Before Premiere
The CW Network will launch its 2015-16 season in October, featuring the sophomore debuts of the network's highest-rated series The Flash and the award-winning and critically acclaimed comedy Jane the Virgin, as well as the series premiere of its freshman comedy Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. Once again, The CW will kick off the fall with the exclusive television broadcast of the iHeartRadio Music Festival, airing over two nights, Tuesday, September 29 (8:00-10:00pm ET) and Wednesday, September 30 (8:00-10:00pm ET). The CW's most-watched series ever, The Flash, returns for its second season Tuesday, October 6 (8:00-9:00pm ET), followed by the brainy zom-com iZombie (9:00-10:00pm ET). Wednesday nights are action-packed, with the fourth season of Arrow bowing Wednesday, October 7 (8:00-9:00pm ET), followed by the demon-hunting Winchester brothers in Supernatural (9:00-10:00pm ET). Thursdays have a new bite starting Thursday, October 8 with The Vampire Diaries (8:00-9:00pm ET) followed by The Originals on a new night (9:00-10:00pm ET).
Royalty returns on Friday, October 9 with Reign (8:00-9:00pm ET) on a new night, followed by Cycle 22 of America's Next Top Model (9:00-10:00PM ET). America's Next Top Model moves from Wednesdays to Fridays beginning October 2. The new one-hour comedy Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, starring Rachel Bloom as an unhappy lawyer who quits her job and moves across the country in search of love, with her inner monologue providing irreverent musical interludes, premieres Monday, October 19 (8:00-9:00pm ET), followed by AFI and Peabody Award winning series Jane the Virgin, starring Golden Globe-winner Gina Rodriguez, returning at 9:00-10:00pm ET.
USA Network announced a second season pickup of the captivating one-hour original drama series Mr. Robot, ahead of the series premiere last night at 10/9c. This buzzy breakout series has already received significant critical acclaim, prestigious industry honors and has garnered nearly 3 million views in its unprecedented pre-linear launch across a wide array of digital platforms. The second season, which will include a minimum of 10 episodes, will air in 2016. Mr. Robot follows Elliot (Rami Malek), a young programmer who works as a cyber-security engineer by day and as a vigilante hacker by night. Elliot finds himself at a crossroads when the mysterious leader (Christian Slater) of an underground hacker group recruits him to destroy the firm he is paid to protect. Compelled by his personal beliefs, Elliot struggles to resist the chance to take down the multinational CEOs he believes are running (and ruining) the world. The series also stars Portia Doubleday (Her), Carly Chaikin (Suburgatory) and Martin Wallstrom (Simple Simon).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, January 22
Son of Zorn - "Radioactive Ex-Girlfriend" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
With Craig and Edie’s engagement party around the corner, everyone is figuring out who to bring. Alan struggles to figure out his relationship status with Layla, while Zorn rekindles with his ex, Radiana (Olivia Wilde), who is literally radioactive. All the while, Craig has just received his certificate in relationship counseling and is helping others, but just can’t seem to help himself.
Bob's Burgers - "See Me Now" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Teddy organizes a day trip on his newly refurbished boat in an effort to impress his ex-wife, Denise. Meanwhile, Tina attempts to show that she is responsible enough for a cell phone by taking care of Bob’s prized eraser from the restaurant. Can both Teddy and Tina prove themselves.
The Simpsons - "Friends and Family" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Mr. Burns hires the Simpsons to play his live-in virtual reality family, but excludes Homer so that he may play dad. Now alone, Homer finds a new best friend in girl-next-door Julia, who eats, drinks and thinks like him.
Son of Zorn - "The Battle of Self-Acceptance" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Craig is worried he’s not man enough for Edie and asks Zorn to help him become a warrior. Meanwhile, to get closer to Layla, Alan finds a way to change the thing about which he’s most insecure, but ends up going to extreme.
Family Guy - "Peternormal Activity" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
The guys go to an abandoned asylum seeking inspiration for a new horror movie idea, but end up accidentally killing a man they think is keeping them hostage. Wracked with guilt, they each try to pin the murder on someone else. Meanwhile, Stewie is on a mission to destroy Brian’s glasses because he’s annoyed by how pretentious Brian’s been acting when he wears them.
Bob's Burgers - "Teen-A-Witch" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
With Halloween quickly approaching, Tina reveals her brilliant idea that will finally win her first place in the annual costume contest. When Tammy steals her idea, Tina is forced to seek the help of Mr. Ambrose, who leads her to alternate and other-worldly methods of winning. Meanwhile, Bob is on a mission to figure out who is stealing his perfectly crafted pumpkins.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.