Thursday, June 25, 2015
The CW Fall 2015 Premiere Dates; USA Network Orders Second Season of Freshman Series Before Premiere
The CW Network will launch its 2015-16 season in October, featuring the sophomore debuts of the network's highest-rated series The Flash and the award-winning and critically acclaimed comedy Jane the Virgin, as well as the series premiere of its freshman comedy Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. Once again, The CW will kick off the fall with the exclusive television broadcast of the iHeartRadio Music Festival, airing over two nights, Tuesday, September 29 (8:00-10:00pm ET) and Wednesday, September 30 (8:00-10:00pm ET). The CW's most-watched series ever, The Flash, returns for its second season Tuesday, October 6 (8:00-9:00pm ET), followed by the brainy zom-com iZombie (9:00-10:00pm ET). Wednesday nights are action-packed, with the fourth season of Arrow bowing Wednesday, October 7 (8:00-9:00pm ET), followed by the demon-hunting Winchester brothers in Supernatural (9:00-10:00pm ET). Thursdays have a new bite starting Thursday, October 8 with The Vampire Diaries (8:00-9:00pm ET) followed by The Originals on a new night (9:00-10:00pm ET).
Royalty returns on Friday, October 9 with Reign (8:00-9:00pm ET) on a new night, followed by Cycle 22 of America's Next Top Model (9:00-10:00PM ET). America's Next Top Model moves from Wednesdays to Fridays beginning October 2. The new one-hour comedy Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, starring Rachel Bloom as an unhappy lawyer who quits her job and moves across the country in search of love, with her inner monologue providing irreverent musical interludes, premieres Monday, October 19 (8:00-9:00pm ET), followed by AFI and Peabody Award winning series Jane the Virgin, starring Golden Globe-winner Gina Rodriguez, returning at 9:00-10:00pm ET.
USA Network announced a second season pickup of the captivating one-hour original drama series Mr. Robot, ahead of the series premiere last night at 10/9c. This buzzy breakout series has already received significant critical acclaim, prestigious industry honors and has garnered nearly 3 million views in its unprecedented pre-linear launch across a wide array of digital platforms. The second season, which will include a minimum of 10 episodes, will air in 2016. Mr. Robot follows Elliot (Rami Malek), a young programmer who works as a cyber-security engineer by day and as a vigilante hacker by night. Elliot finds himself at a crossroads when the mysterious leader (Christian Slater) of an underground hacker group recruits him to destroy the firm he is paid to protect. Compelled by his personal beliefs, Elliot struggles to resist the chance to take down the multinational CEOs he believes are running (and ruining) the world. The series also stars Portia Doubleday (Her), Carly Chaikin (Suburgatory) and Martin Wallstrom (Simple Simon).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, February 23
The Big Bang Theory - "The Comic-Con Conundrum" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
With Koothrappali cut off from his father’s fortune, he appoints Sheldon to help him get out of debt. Also, Penny considers joining Leonard at Comic-Con.
The Great Indoors - "Friends Like These" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jack desperately begs his co-workers to pretend to be his closest friends at a dinner party after his lack of an inner circle begins to concern his girlfriend, Rachel (Maggie Lawson). However, he soon regrets asking for their help after they all behave awkwardly in her presence.
Mom - "Night Swimmin' and an English Muffin" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Bonnie discovers Adam is still close with his ex-wife, Danielle (Wendie Malick), Christy worries the emotional fallout could jeopardize Bonnie’s sobriety.
Life in Pieces - "Awkward Bra Automated Ordained" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Dinner gets awkward for Jen and Matt when they find themselves alone without Greg and Colleen. Also, Lark accidentally locks out Greg and Jen from the house, prompting Greg to install a complicated home automation system; Heather and Tim try to sneak wine into an ice skating show to get out of paying at the venue; and John and Joan agree to an impromptu wedding after Colleen mentions that she’s an ordained minister.
Superstore - "Wellness Fair" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Amy (America Ferrera) sees Mateo (Nico Santos) out on a secret date with Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin), she ignores Garrett's (Colton Dunn) advice to stay out of it, and ends up throwing multiple relationships - both real and imagined - into chaos. Meanwhile, Glenn (Mark McKinney) resents Jonah (Ben Feldman) for outshining him during Cloud 9's Wellness Fair, and Dina (Lauren Ash) tries to prove that Amy faked an illness.
Powerless - "Emily Dates a Henchman" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After being urged by her team, Emily (Vanessa Hudgens) sets her sights on the dating world but unknowingly falls for one of the Riddler's henchmen (guest star Robert Buckley). Meanwhile, Teddy (Danny Pudi) and Ron (Ron Funches) find a Batman artifact and discover Van's (Alan Tudyk) superhero fantasy. Christina Kirk also stars.
Baskets - "Marthager" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Martha books Chip a gig at a car crash.
Thursday, February 23
- John Travolta (Welcome Back, Kotter) - Catch John on a repeat of the 2015 Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Oscars special at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Get Out in the 9am hour. He appears on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Paul Scheer (The League/Fresh Off the Boat) - Paul visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 4:30pm.
- Rob Huebel (Transparent/Burning Love) - Rob drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 4:30pm.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- David Spade (Rules of Enagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - David appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Norm Macdonald (The Norm Show/A Minute with Stan Hooper) - Norm is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Rob Schneider (Real Rob/Rob/Men Behaving Badly) - Rob appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- David Duchovny (Californication) - David stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Mary-Louise Parker (Weeds) - Mary-Louise is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mae Whitman (Arrested Development) - Mae appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.