Tuesday, June 23, 2015
NBC has announced premiere dates for its fall schedule, which includes the return of Sunday Night Football, The Voice, new live series Best Time Ever with Neil Patrick Harris, new dramas Blindspot, Heroes Reborn and Chicago Med, and new comedy People Are Talking. First up, Sunday Night Football begins on a special night on Thursday, Sept. 10 when the Super Bowl champion New England Patriots host the Pittsburgh Steelers (8:30 p.m. ET/5:30 p.m. PT). Three days later on Sept. 13, Sunday Night Football travels to Dallas as the Cowboys play their NFC East rivals the New York Giants (8:20 p.m. ET/5:20 p.m. PT). The game will be preceded by the season premiere of "Football Night in America" (7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT). The premiere of the new live alternative series Best Time Ever with Neil Patrick Harris will air Tuesday, Sept. 15 at 10 p.m. following the Tuesday season finale of America's Got Talent. The musical competition series The Voice, with coaches Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, Pharrell Williams and Gwen Stefani, begins its ninth season Monday, Sept. 21 (8-10 p.m.).
The Voice will be followed by the heart-racing new Greg Berlanti-produced drama Blindspot (10-11 p.m.), which stars Jaimie Alexander as a beautiful Jane Doe who is discovered naked in Times Square, completely covered in mysterious, intricate tattoos with no memory of who she is or how she got there. Wednesday, Sept. 23 marks the return of dramas The Mysteries of Laura (8-9 p.m.) and a special two-hour Law & Order: SVU (9-11 p.m.), which begins its 17th season on NBC. Two drama series premiere and the returning series The Blacklist return on Thursday, Sept. 24. The reboot Heroes Reborn (8-9 p.m.), from creator Tim Kring, continues the superheroes saga that began with the 2006 breakout series. The third season of The Blacklist, returns to its 9 p.m. timeslot. The Player (10-11 p.m.), starring Wesley Snipes, is a Las Vegas-set action-packed thriller about a former military operative turned security expert who is drawn into a high-stakes game where an organization of wealthy individuals gamble on his ability to stop some of the biggest crimes imaginable from playing out.
From iconic Emmy Award-winning producer Dick Wolf, the third season of Chicago P.D. debuts Wednesday, Sept. 30 (10-11 p.m.). Live episodes of Undateable will begin Friday, Oct. 9 with a special hourlong telecast (8-9 p.m.). NBC's new comedy People Are Talking, about two diverse couples who analyze and obsess about everything, will launch a week later, Friday, Oct. 16 (8:30-9 p.m.). The fifth season of Friday night staple Grimm begins Oct. 30 (9-10 p.m.). The fourth season of Chicago Fire debuts Tuesday, Oct. 13 and will air 10-11 p.m. Finally, Chicago Med, the newest Windy City drama from Wolf, will make its series premiere Tuesday, Nov. 10 at 10 p.m. before shifting to 9 p.m. the following week.
Life's most pressing questions will be answered when Why? With Hannibal Buress premieres Wednesday, July 8 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central, after an all-new Key & Peele. The weekly, half-hour topical series will celebrate Buress' hilariously brilliant off-beat voice and point-of-view. If it's in the zeitgeist, Buress will address it, providing his unique perspective each week, answering the burning questions on his mind through stand-up, filmed segments, man-on-the-street interviews and special, in-studio guests. Through the eight-episode season, Why? With Hannibal Buress will be shot in front of a studio audience and each episode will tape the same week it airs. The expanded world of Why? With Hannibal Buress goes beyond the television. For more discussion of "life's biggish questions" fans can enjoy original video, shareable clips and go behind the scenes on various social platforms including Instagram, Snapchat Discover, Twitter and Facebook, for 24/7 access to the show. Fans can also follow @hannibalburess on Twitter for more interaction.
Episodes of Why? With Hannibal Buress will be available the day after air on iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, Xbox Video, Sony Entertainment Network, Vudu, Verizon Flexview and Google Play, as well as in the Comedy Central App to fans that authenticate via their cable or satellite provider. The Comedy Central App is available for free for iOS on the App Store, for Android on the Google Play store, and on Chromecast and Xbox One.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.