Thursday, June 04, 2015
June is the most popular wedding month of the year and to celebrate, Hallmark Channel is inviting you to take a front row seat to three original movies starring - Danica McKellar (The Wonder Years), Emmy® and Golden Globe® nominated Linda Gray (Dallas), Teri Polo (The Fosters), Daytime Emmy® winner Paul Johansson (One Tree Hill), Jesse Metcalfe (Dallas), Autumn Reeser (No Ordinary Family), Lauren Holly (Motive) and more! On Saturday, June 20 it's A Perfect Match when a young couple has opposing visions of their wedding day, two competing wedding planners are brought in to arrange the perfect event. As the wedding day approaches, the clashing wedding planners find romance of their own and discover that opposites can produce the most surprising results. Starring Danica McKellar, Paul Greene, and Emmy® and Golden Globe® nominated Linda Gray.
On the next night (Sunday, June 21), in Love Again, a couple on the brink of divorce decides to keep their marital woes a secret as they help their daughter plan her wedding. As the two work together on the happy occasion, they soon discover that their own marriage might just be worth saving. Stars: Teri Polo, Daytime Emmy® winner Paul Johansson, Chloe Babcook, Lini Evans, Malcolm Stewart, and Christopher Russell.
And finally on Saturday, June 27, there's A Country Wedding, as a famous country singer set to marry a glamorous Hollywood actress returns to his small town roots. When he crosses paths with his childhood sweetheart – and finally feels inspired to write songs again – he reevaluates his life, his values and his opinion of true love. As his wedding day approaches, he must decide if he has chosen the right woman to be his wife. Starring Jesse Metcalfe, Autumn Reeser, and Lauren Holly.
TV Land announced that it has signed a script development deal with Warner Horizon Television, John Wells Productions (Shameless, ER, The West Wing) and executive producer/writer/director John Riggi (30 Rock, The Comeback) for a half-hour single-camera period comedy project inspired by the life of Kyle Richards (Bravo's The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills). Currently in development, the project is set in the '70s and inspired by Richards’ unconventional upbringing by her mom, a single mother who alone raised Richards and her two sisters. Riggi will write the pilot script and executive produce along with John Wells and Andrew Stearn (Shameless, Southland, The West Wing). The project is a dark comedy about a woman's struggle to raise her family and claim her own brand of independence in a world not ready to give it. Richards will co-executive produce. The untitled project centers on Bonnie Nolan, 40 years old with a beautiful home and three beautiful daughters to go with it. However, she also has a cheating husband. Finding herself alone after her marriage fails, Bonnie is an enigma of the times: a single woman with no means to support herself or her children.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.