Wednesday, June 10, 2015
CBS announced a multi-phase launch for its new season, with fall 2015 primetime premiere dates spanning the start of NFL Thursday Night Football on Sept. 17 to the return of its Thursday entertainment lineup on Nov. 5. On Thursday, Sept. 17: NFL Thursday Night Football premieres on CBS with Denver @ Kansas City (Pre-Game at 7:30 PM, ET; Kick-Off at 8:25 PM, ET). In premiere week, Monday, Sept. 21: The season premiere of The Big Bang Theory (8:00-8:30 PM) leads into the debut of new comedy Life In Pieces (8:30-9:00 PM), followed by the season premieres of Scorpion (9:00-10:00 PM) and NCIS: LA (10:00-11:00 PM). Tuesday, Sept. 22: The season premiere of NCIS (8:00-9:00 PM) is followed by NCIS: New Orleans (9:00-10:00 PM), leading into the series premiere of new drama Limitless (10:00-11:00 PM). Wednesday, Sept. 23: A big night of reality that begins with the 90-minute season premiere of the 31st edition of Survivor (8:00-9:30 PM), followed by the 90-minute season finale of the summer reality show Big Brother (9:30-11:00 PM). Friday, Sept. 25: The 27th edition of The Amazing Race debuts (8:00-9:00 PM), followed by season premieres of Hawaii Five-0 (9:00-10:00 PM) and Blue Bloods (10:00-11:00 PM). Saturday, Sept 26: 48 Hours premieres (10:00-11:00 PM). And on Sunday, Sept. 27: 60 Minutes premieres (7:30-9:00 PM), followed by the special two-hour series finale of CSI (9:00-11:00 PM).
During the second week, the premieres are on Wednesday, Sept. 30 with the season premiere of Criminal Minds (9:00-10:00 PM) is followed by the series premiere of new drama Code Black (10:00-11:00 PM). On Sunday, Oct. 4, new seasons of Madam Secretary (8:00-9:00 PM) and The Good Wife (9:00-10:00 PM) premiere, followed by the time period launch of CSI: Cyber (10:00-11:00 PM). And finally, once NFL Thursday Night Football ends, on Monday, Oct. 26 following an original episode of The Big Bang Theory (8:00-8:30 PM), Supergirl makes its series debut at a special time (8:30-9:30 PM), followed by Scorpion (9:30-10:30 PM) and a comedy rebroadcast (10:30-11:00 PM). Supergirl moves into its regular time period (8:00-9:00 PM) on Monday, Nov. 2, while Scorpion returns to 9:00-10:00 PM. Thursday, Nov. 5: CBS's Thursday night entertainment lineup returns with The Big Bang Theory (8:00-8:30 PM) and Life In Pieces (8:30-9:00 PM) moving to their regular time periods, followed by the season premiere of Mom (9:00-9:30 PM), the series debut of new comedy Angel from Hell (9:30-10:00 PM) and Elementary (10:00-11:00 PM).
Comedian Iliza Shlesinger (Excused, Last Comic Standing) has been named the host of the upcoming TBS series Separation Anxiety, a comedic, relationship-based game show featuring a unique twist that isn't revealed to contestants until after they've played the game. TBS has ordered 14 one-hour episodes of Separation Anxiety, with plans to launch the show in late 2015. The series, which was announced in May during Turner's Upfront presentation in New York, is being produced by 5x5 Media and Electus. Shlesinger is the only female and youngest comedian to hold the title of NBC's Last Comic Standing. In 2013, her debut one-hour comedy special, War Paint, reached #1 on the iTunes charts and was named one of the Top 10 Albums of 2013 on iTunes. In early 2015, Shlesinger's follow up Netflix Original Comedy Special Freezing Hot sealed her title as one of the hottest touring acts in America, selling out clubs and theatres across the nation. Esquire recently listed her as one of the top working comedians today.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 30
Bob's Burgers - "Like Gene for Chocolate" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Gene learns that the formula for his favorite chocolate has changed, he works with the head of the company in an attempt to remedy the situation. Meanwhile, Bob gets wrapped up in one of Teddy’s less-than-perfect plans.
Bob's Burgers - "Thelma & Louise Except Thelma Is Linda" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
After Louise gets in trouble at school, Linda is forced to meet with Mr. Frond (guest voice David Herman) and potentially could lose her hard-earned position as the Wagstaff bake sale leader. When she finds out that her daughter was actually trying to help another student, Linda is torn between following school policy or her own moral code.
The Simpsons - "Looking for Mr. Goodbart" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bart gets in trouble on Grandparents Day at school and is forced to hang out with Skinner’s mother as punishment. After spending time with various grandmas in the neighborhood, he learns the benefits of hanging out with the elderly, but eventually recognizes the dangers of taking advantage of them. Meanwhile, Peekimon Get has taken over the town of Springfield.
Making History - "Night Cream" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the ever-present threat of losing tenure looming over him, Chris reaches out to John Hancock and Samuel Adams to help spice things up in the classroom in 2017. Meanwhile, Deb's dream of re-opening Chadwick's ice cream parlor is finally coming to fruition, but Dan has a few marketing ideas of his own.
Family Guy - "The Peter Principal" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter becomes the temporary principal at the high school, and Meg uses his new power to get even with her bullies. Meanwhile, Brian and Stewie open a bed & breakfast that quickly turns into a brothel.
The Last Man on Earth - "The Big Day" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Tandy and Gail face off in a major disagreement, on which the whole group must weigh in, and Carol is forced to choose a side. Meanwhile, Melissa, Todd and Erica each have major milestone moments.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Jodie Sweetin (Hollywood Darlings/Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.