Thursday, June 11, 2015
ABC will launch the 2015-2016 season in mid-September with a stable of returning hit shows and five new series to join the schedule. Dancing with the Stars will kick off its 21st season on Monday, Sept. 14. As we first reported, Beyond The Tank will air Tuesdays at 10:00pm but now we know the date, it begins Sept. 29, until Wicked City takes over the Tuesday 10:00pm time slot, beginning Oct. 27. 20/20 will begin its new season on Friday, Sept. 11 at 10. Dancing with the Stars premieres Monday, Sept. 14 from 8-10pm, while a special Dancing with the Stars: The Results will air Tuesday, Sept. 22 from 9-11pm. Castle will have its season premiere on Monday, Sept. 21 at 10. The first new series launch will be new comedy The Muppets on Tuesday, Sept. 22 at 8, followed by the season premiere of Fresh Off the Boat. The following Tuesday (Sept. 29) will have the launches of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Beyond the Tank from 9-11pm. Onto Wednesday, the entire line-up will have their season premieres on Wednesday, Sept. 23 from 8-11pm: The Middle, The Goldbergs, Modern Family, black-ish, and Nashville. TGIT returns the next night on Thursday, Sept. 24 with Grey's Anatomy, Scandal and How To Get Away with Murder. Friday, Sept. 25 will see the season premieres of Last Man Standing at 8 and Shark Tank at 9, as new sitcom Dr. Ken will premiere the following week (Oct. 2) at 8:30pm.
Onto Sundays, a Once Upon a Time special will air at 7pm leading into the season premiere at 8pm, followed by two all-new drama launches from 9-11pm: Blood & Oil and Quantico. The season premiere of AFV, with new host Alfonso Ribeiro, launches on Sunday, Oct. 11 at 7 (most likely an encore of Once's season premiere will air Oct. 4 at 7). And finally, as previewed at the top of this story, new drama Wicked City will premiere Tuesday, Oct. 27 at 10 following the 4-week run of Beyond the Tank.
It's official! Raven-Symoné was named co-host of The View, it was announced live yesterday on the ABC talk show. After 37 appearances as guest co-host, the actress/producer joins the panel alongside moderator Whoopi Goldberg and co-hosts Nicolle Wallace and Rosie Perez effective immediately. Raven-Symoné is widely known for her role in the Emmy-nominated comedy series That's So Raven for Disney Channel, which garnered her three NAACP Image Awards for Outstanding Performance in a Youth/Children's Series/Special, two Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards for Favorite Television Actress and a Young Artist Award for “Outstanding Young Performer. She was named producer for the series' fourth season, which aired in 2007. The popular actress' recent credits include guest roles on ABC's hit comedy black-ish, as well as featured roles on Empire and the upcoming animated feature film, Animal Crackers alongside Ian McKellen, John Krasinksi, Sylvester Stallone and Danny DeVito. She starred in ABC Family's sitcom State of Georgia, the critically-acclaimed classic sitcom The Cosby Show, for which she received the Young Artist Award for Exceptional Performance by a Young Actress Under Nine, and ABC sitcom Hangin' with Mr. Cooper for four seasons. In 2012, Raven headlined the hit Broadway musical Sister Act, produced by Whoopi Goldberg. She has also appeared in film opposite Eddie Murphy in Dr. Dolittle and Dr. Dolittle 2.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 23
Downward Dog - "Boundaries" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Nan installs an automatic dog door so she can take away Jason’s key but still keep him as Martin’s dog walker, Martin is convinced he can suddenly open doors with his mind, and the new-found power goes to his head. Meanwhile at work, Nan’s boss is unable to understand the new ad campaign Nan sold to the corporate bosses, and he spirals into confusion.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Bank Job" / "Crime & Punishment" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jake and Rosa continue their search for a bank-robbing operation with Lieutenant Hawkins (guest star Gina Gershon), they realize there’s more to her team than meets the eye. After discovering a dangerous secret, they call for back-up from Holt and Pimento (guest star Jason Mantzoukas). Meanwhile, Boyle objects to Gina’s new boyfriend (guest star Ryan Phillipe). Then, Jake and Rosa are framed for a crime they didn’t commit, it’s up to the Nine-Nine to find a way to bust them out.
Great News - "Carol Has a Bully" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Carol (Andrea Martin) has a midterm she must pass in order to keep her internship. Katie (Briga Heelan) needs to choose between helping her mom and focusing on her hacking story, which she can't seem to crack. Meanwhile, Greg's (Adam Campbell) wealthy estranged grandmother (guest star Christina Pickles) pays a visit to the office. Chuck (John Michael Higgins) finds her cold and cruel, but almost immediately falls in love with her.
Great News - "Carol's Eleven" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) makes a huge discovery about the story she's been chasing and, with the help of Carol (Andrea Martin) and the rest of the staff, concocts a scheme to get the story out. Greg (Adam Campbell) struggles with balancing his conflicting loyalties to his family, co-workers and conscience.
Mann & Wife - "Mann, Shut Yo Mouth" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Struggling to solve a tough case, an exhausted Daniel falls asleep and wakes up in a 70's blaxploitation cop show.
Tuesday, May 23
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Catch Terry on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Rob Huebel (Trasparent/Burning Love) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to The Captain/Gary Unmarried), Andrew Santino (I'm Dying Up Here/Sin City Saints) and Erik Griffin (I'm Dying Up Here) - Al, Andrew and Erik are guests on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (I'm Dying Up Here/Bad Teacher) - Ari stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ben Falcone (Nobodies/A to Z/Joey) - Ben drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Abigail Breslin (Scream Queens) - Abigail appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Ryan, so check your listings.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim talks about her new book Girling Up: How to Be Strong, Smart and Spectacular and The Big Bang Theory on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle teams up with Clinton Kelly to grill up a great entrée on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nicole Byer ( Loosely Exactly Nicole) - Nicole is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- The Love Boat Cast - The cast of The Love Boat reunites on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie talks about Beat Shazam on AOL Build Show 4pm.