Tuesday, June 30, 2015
There is a special episode of Home & Family airing today (Tuesday, June 30) at 10am on the Hallmark Channel that reunited some of the stars of the hit sitcoms Soap and Benson. The tribute to living legend Robert Guillaume (Benson, Soap) features guests Katherine Helmond (Soap), Robert Mandan (Soap), Jay Johnson (with puppet Bob!) (Soap), Rene Auberjonois (Benson) and Missy Gold (Benson). But that's not all! There was a video from Billy Crystal (Soap) and he congratulated Robert on his surprise award from the Hollywood Appreciation Society. If you missed the episode, watch the encore tomorrow (Wednesday, July 1) at 12 noon, but you can also watch a clip below:
H&F Photo Credit:
Copyright 2015 Crown Media Family Networks/Photographer: Jeremy Lee
FremantleMedia North America's new digital multicast network, BUZZR, is set to celebrate Independence Day with a lineup of some of America's favorite game shows, but this time with a special twist! Airing in primetime at 8:00 PM ET/5:00 PM PT with a re-airing at 11:00 PM ET/8:00 PM PT, viewers will be pulled into the game show time capsule with 4th of July episodes from decades past. The patriotic celebration will kick off with the memorable July 4, 1985 episode of Body Language, featuring host, Tom Kennedy and some familiar celebrity faces, including Lisa Bonet (The Cosby Show) and Jason Bateman (It's Your Move). The festivities will continue with episodes of Match Game, Press Your Luck, Card Sharks, Super Password and Password Plus, making this special television event the perfect post-fireworks party!
Episode airtimes are as follows:
8:00 PM ET/5:00 PM PT Body Language (July 4, 1985)
8:30 PM ET/5:30 PM PT Match Game (July 4, 1974)
9:00 PM ET/6:00 PM PT Press Your Luck (July 4, 1985)
9:30 PM ET/6:30 PM PT Card Sharks (July 4, 1980)
10:00 PM ET/7:00 PM PT Super Password (July 4, 1985)
10:30 PM ET/7:30 PM PT Password Plus (July 4, 1980)
Monday, June 29, 2015
More Celebs Lined Up for TLC's Who Do You Think You Are?; TBS Orders Comedic Late Night Series from Funny Or Die
The two-time Emmy nominated series Who Do You Think You Are? returns this summer to share more fascinating stories, and shed light on surprising revelations, of the real life family history of celebrities. Executive Produced by Lisa Kudrow and Dan Bucatinsky, the new season premieres Sunday, July 26 at 9/8c. The celebrities featured are: Tom Bergeron (Dancing with the Stars), who is aware of his French Canadian roots on his paternal side, but wants to know what brought his ancestors to North America. He goes as far back as his 10x great grandmother to find the answer. Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad), who comes to discover an unfortunate pattern amongst the men in his family. Ginnifer Goodwin (Once Upon a Time), who sets out to learn about her mysterious paternal great grandparents, whom her father, regretfully, does not know much about either. Alfre Woodard (State of Affairs), who strives to find out more about the paternal side of her family, and explores how her surname came to be. Additionally, TLC will air the U.S. premiere of J.K. Rowling's (Harry Potter author) episode of the series, where the best-selling author sets off to uncover her maternal French roots. She finds that a family war story might not be what she thought when military records reveal a surprising twist.
Ancestry, the leading family history company, is teaming up again with TLC as a sponsor of the upcoming season. As part of the show sponsorship, Ancestry provides exhaustive family history research on each of the featured celebrities to help make discoveries possible and build out the story of each episode.
TBS is about to bring some stormy competition to late night with the brand new series Funny Or Die Presents America's Next Weatherman, produced by Funny Or Die, Mark Burnett and United Artists Media Group (UAMG). Funny Or Die Presents America's Next Weatherman features 12 competitors vying for a job as America's next great weathercaster. Matt Oberg (The Comedians) hosts the competition, which will be judged by longtime weather personalities Johnny Mountain (KABC, KCBS) and Jillian Barberie (Good Day LA). The series is set to premiere Saturday, Aug. 8, at 11 p.m. (ET/PT) on TBS, with availability across TBS's on-demand, digital and mobile platforms the following day. Funny Or Die Presents America's Next Weatherman marries the comedic and subversive voice of Funny Or Die with the production value and compelling storytelling of a show from Mark Burnett. Each classic reality show element - from the physical challenges to the dramatic vote-offs - will be tweaked through the Funny Or Die prism to create an original viewing experience. However, the stakes are 100% real as the contestants will be vying for $100,000 and an appearance on TBS's sister network CNN forecasting the national weather for the morning show New Day. TBS has ordered eight one-hour episodes of Funny Or Die Presents America's Next Weatherman, which is based on a concept and format by the creative teams at Funny Or Die and UAMG, including Seth Morris (Kroll Show), who will serve as a producer on the show. Funny Or Die's Mike Farah and Joe Farrell serve as executive producers, along with Mark Burnett and Dean Houser.
Sunday, June 28, 2015
|Summer Week 5 (June 22-28) How the Sitcoms Did|
|(Sun comedies are previous week and Fri/Sat are prelim ratings)|
|Sorted by 18-49 Rtg|
|Title||Network||Time||Day||Total Viewers||18-49 Rtg||Notes|
|Mike & Molly||CBS||8:30PM||Mon||4,770,000||0.92||REPEAT|
|2 Broke Girls||CBS||8:00PM||Mon||4,440,000||0.77||REPEAT|
|Fresh off the Boat||ABC||8:00PM||Tue||3,140,000||0.72||REPEAT|
|The Big Bang Theory||CBS||8:00PM||Thu||preempted|
|Mike & Molly||CBS||9:30PM||Thu||preempted|
|The Odd Couple||CBS||8:30PM||Thu||preempted|
|Golan the Insatiable||Fox||9:30PM||Sun||preempted|
|The Big Bang Theory||CBS||9:00PM||Thu||preempted|
|One Big Happy||NBC||9:30PM||Tue||canceled|
|About a Boy||NBC||9:30PM||Tue||canceled|
|The Mindy Project||Fox||9:30PM||Tue||canceled|
|A to Z||NBC||9:30PM||Thu||canceled|
|Manhattan Love Story||ABC||8:30PM||Tue||canceled|
|Two and a Half Men||CBS||9:00PM||Thu||canceled|
|Parks & Recreation||NBC||10:00PM||Tue||canceled|
|The Last Man on Earth||Fox||9:30PM||Sun||completed|
|Last Man Standing||ABC||8:00PM||Fri||completed|
SOURCE: Nielsen Media Research
Saturday, June 27, 2015
SitcomsOnline Digest: Nashville to Head to AXS TV; Beverly Hills, 90210 to Get an Unauthorized Story; Growing Pains Season 5 to Arrive on DVD in July
HIGHLIGHTS FROM SITCOMSONLINE.COM AND AROUND THE WEB
- Reruns of the series Nashville will be heading to cable soon on AXS TV. (Deadline)
- It looks as if Lifetime is going to keep milking the "Unauthorized Stories" franchise of movies, as they are now working on an Unauthorized Beverly Hills, 90210 Story.
- We've accepted for years that Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy are the two hottest shows on syndication, but Family Feud has been creeping up on them both, and last week, Family Feud topped the ratings for syndicated series. (Cinema Blend)
- Dick Van Patten died this week at the age of 86. (NPR)
- Character actor Tony Longo, who appeared in series such as Alice and Laverne & Shirley, also died this week. (Hollywood Reporter)
- With the Confederate flag being removed everywhere this week, Warner Bros has announced that they too will remove the Confederate flag from merchandise based upon the series Dukes of Hazzard. (Deadline)
- TV Land continued their re-branding this week with a new logo, yet another reminder that TV Land is absolutely nothing like the network it was 19 years ago (or even five years ago). (SitcomsOnline)
HOME MEDIA HIGHLIGHTS
- Fans of Growing Pains have had to wait, on average, over two years between each release (there were five years between the release of the first season and second season even). But now, only three months after the release of the fourth season, it looks like the fifth season will come sometime next month.
- The Donna Reed Show - Season Three (DVD, $29.99): MPI comes "full circle" with their re-releases of the classic sitcom, with this completing the first five seasons of the series on MPI. Seasons six, seven, and eight remain in the hands of Sony, and we're hopeful that something can be worked out to get those released.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, April 26
The Goldbergs - "Fonzie Scheme" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Murray is honored as one of Jenkintown’s top businessmen, his plaque is hung on a wall with all of the other honorees. And soon Beverly is dismayed to learn he has no discernable hobbies, and her attempts to help him find some backfire. Meanwhile, Barry creates a scheme stealing golf carts, but the situation goes awry and Erica comes to save the day.
Speechless - "R-U-N-- RUNAWAY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Maya learns JJ attempted to run away, she is determined to help him complete the task as any able-bodied person could, but her actions exasperate JJ, as he longs for independence. Meanwhile, Jimmy struggles to have hard talks with the kids without Maya, and Dylan tries to get Kenneth to revive his glory days as a high school sports star.
black-ish - "Sister, Sister" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bow’s sister comes to town after filming a stint on a reality show, and they couldn’t have less in common. Meanwhile, Zoey suggests that Dre spend more time with Junior since she’s leaving for college, and Jack and Diane decide to rebrand themselves.
black-ish - "All Groan Up" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Zoey gets into several colleges around the country, Dre and Bow begin to feel worried and sentimental. They reflect back on memories they’ve had with the family and wonder what life will be like without her around all the time. Pops enlists the twins to try and sway Zoey to go to college in a city they want to visit.
Nobodies - "Not the Emmys" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Award season! Larry, Rachel and Hugh are going to the Annies… while all their Groundlings friends are going to the Emmys.
Lopez - "No Country Club for Young Men" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
George gets Hector a job at his country club, but he falls in with a bad crowd of rich kids. Olly's little sister rolls back into town while Manolo struggles to stay focused in his GED class.
Hollywood Darlings - "Driving Miss Jodie" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jodie must choose between a sports car and a minivan; Christine's dream of participating in an exclusive yoga class is thwarted by a loud-breathing celebrity classmate.
Return of the Mac - "The Wrong Stuff" (Pop, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Feeling threatened by newly appointed sidekick Joey Fatone, Joe heads to a comedy club to hone his comedy monologue skills.
Wednesday, April 26
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris and the cast of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Thomas Middleditch (Silicon Valley) - Thomas visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Maria Bamford (Lady Dynamite) - Maria appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Henry Zebrowski (A to Z) - Henry is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Molly Ringwald (Townies/The Facts of Life) - Molly stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Anna Chlumsky (Veep) - Anna stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Sherri Shepherd (Trial & Error/Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri talks about the disease she won’t let destroy her on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your loclal listings.
- Felicity Huffman (Sports Night) - Felicity makes pecan bars on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Morris Chestnut (Out All Night) - Morris is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.