Thursday, May 07, 2015
Bionic Woman Mother's Day on Cozi TV; OWN Orders Holly Robinson Peete Docu-Series; Remembering The Partridge Family's Suzanne Crough
On Mother's Day this Sunday (May 10), catch The Bionic Woman all day on Cozi TV from 1PM-5PM and 7PM-10PM ET. The classic sci-fi action show casts Emmy-winner Lindsay Wagner as Jaime Sommers, a woman who secretly takes on special high-risk government missions using her tremendous bionic powers. Featuring great action, sexy thrills, and the now iconic sound of bionic powers in action! Simply unforgettable. The Bionic Woman airs regularly on Cozi TV on Wednesday nights at 9pm and 10pm ET. Stay with us for continued Cozi TV updates, including details on the new acquisition Quantum Leap, which joins the line-up on Memorial Day as we broke.
OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network announced today a comedic, dramatic and highly intimate docu-series, For Peete's Sake (working title), following the lives of husband and wife duo Holly Robinson Peete and Rodney Peete as they juggle complicated career choices with their bustling family life. The Peete's new series joins OWN's popular Saturday night lineup. OWN is Saturday night's #2 network on all of television for African-American women and year-to-date features the top three original series on television for African-American women (Welcome to Sweetie Pie's, Raising Whitley and 2 Fat 2 Fly). In 2014, OWN had the top five original series on ad-supported cable for African-American women (Welcome to Sweetie Pie's, Iyanla: Fix My Life, Deion's Family Playbook, Six Little McGhees and Raising Whitley). Millions of fans know Holly Robinson Peete as the actress who launched her long-running career starring on the groundbreaking TV series 21 Jump Street (and went on to star in Hangin' with Mr. Cooper), and Rodney Peete as the popular NFL quarterback and former co-host of Fox Sports' The Best Damn Sports Show Period. But their very public careers reveal just a glimpse of what life is like today for this Hollywood power couple, whose family includes four kids and Holly's wild-and-crazy mom, Dolores, who at 79 years young is anything but a typical grandma. In a household where constant activity and change are the norm, the series celebrates the chaotic, yet loving dynamic of life in this magnetic American family.
Actress Suzanne Crough, best known for her role as Tracy Partridge in The Partridge Family, has died. She died on April 27 at her home in Laughlin, Nevada. No cause of death has been reported. Ms. Crough was 52.
Crough starred as the youngest sibling Tracy Partridge, who played the tambourine in the band, in The Partridge Family. The popular series starred Shirley Jones, David Cassidy, Susan Dey, Danny Bonaduce, Jeremy Gelbwaks (season 1), Brian Forster (seasons 2-4) and Dave Madden. It ran four seasons on ABC from 1970-1974. She voiced the Tracy character in eight episodes of the animated series Goober and the Ghost Chasers and all episodes of Partridge Family 2200 A.D., which aired on CBS from 1974-1975. She was interviewed in the 2003 Biography special on The Partridge Family. In 2010, she reunited with several co-stars on NBC's Today.
Her other starring role was as Stevie Freedman in the 1977 NBC comedy-drama Mulligan's Stew. The short-lived series starred Lawrence Pressman, Elinor Donahue, Johnny Doran, Julie Anne Haddock, K.C. Martel, Chris Ciampa, Sunshine Lee and Lory Kochheim.
Crough's other acting credits included the 1976 TV movie Dawn: Portrait of a Teenage Runaway (starring The Brady Bunch's Eve Plumb), Fred Flintstone and Friends (voice), Wonder Woman, Teenage Father (Academy Award-winning short film) and the 1980 TV movie Children of Divorce. After graduating from Los Angeles Pierce College, she owned and operated a bookstore until 1993. She later worked as a manager at Office Max.
Survivors include her husband, William Condray, and two daughters, Samantha and Alexandra.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 30
Bob's Burgers - "Like Gene for Chocolate" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Gene learns that the formula for his favorite chocolate has changed, he works with the head of the company in an attempt to remedy the situation. Meanwhile, Bob gets wrapped up in one of Teddy’s less-than-perfect plans.
Bob's Burgers - "Thelma & Louise Except Thelma Is Linda" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
After Louise gets in trouble at school, Linda is forced to meet with Mr. Frond (guest voice David Herman) and potentially could lose her hard-earned position as the Wagstaff bake sale leader. When she finds out that her daughter was actually trying to help another student, Linda is torn between following school policy or her own moral code.
The Simpsons - "Looking for Mr. Goodbart" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bart gets in trouble on Grandparents Day at school and is forced to hang out with Skinner’s mother as punishment. After spending time with various grandmas in the neighborhood, he learns the benefits of hanging out with the elderly, but eventually recognizes the dangers of taking advantage of them. Meanwhile, Peekimon Get has taken over the town of Springfield.
Making History - "Night Cream" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the ever-present threat of losing tenure looming over him, Chris reaches out to John Hancock and Samuel Adams to help spice things up in the classroom in 2017. Meanwhile, Deb's dream of re-opening Chadwick's ice cream parlor is finally coming to fruition, but Dan has a few marketing ideas of his own.
Family Guy - "The Peter Principal" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter becomes the temporary principal at the high school, and Meg uses his new power to get even with her bullies. Meanwhile, Brian and Stewie open a bed & breakfast that quickly turns into a brothel.
The Last Man on Earth - "The Big Day" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Tandy and Gail face off in a major disagreement, on which the whole group must weigh in, and Carol is forced to choose a side. Meanwhile, Melissa, Todd and Erica each have major milestone moments.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Jodie Sweetin (Hollywood Darlings/Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.