Tuesday, April 14, 2015
Continuing to bolster its schedule with more year-round original programming, The CW Network has set its summer premiere dates, including the series debuts of Significant Mother, Dates and A Wicked Offer, the return of magic series Penn and Teller: Fool Us and Masters of Illusion, and Cycle 22 of America's Next Top Model. As previously announced, Beauty and the Beast will premiere its 13-episode third season as part of The CW's 2015 summer line-up on Thursday, May 21 at 8:00pm. The magic competition series Penn and Teller: Fool Us returns with all new episodes Monday, July 6 at 8:00pm ET. After the debut of Penn and Teller: Fool Us, the current season of The CW's hit improv comedy Whose Line Is It Anyway? moves from Friday to its new night beginning Monday, July 6, with all new episodes at 9:00pm, followed by an encore episodes for a few weeks at 9:30pm.
The British series Dates, in which each episode focuses on a first date between two people who have met on an online dating service, debuts with back-to-back episodes Thursday, July 9 at 9:00 and 9:30pm ET, following original episodes of Beauty and the Beast. The series explores the issues, intricacies, romance, and danger of modern relationships and the thrills, calamities, lies, and truths of first dates. Premiering Friday, July 10 at 8:00pm ET, these 13 all-new half-hour episodes of Masters of Illusion feature great escapes, fascinating sleight-of-hand, and large scale illusions, all in front of a studio audience. Hosted by actor Dean Cain (Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman). In the comedy Significant Mother, premiering Monday, August 3 at 9:30pm ET, budding Portland restaurateur Nate's (Josh Zuckerman) world is turned upside down when he comes back from a business trip to find his lothario best friend and roommate, Jimmy, is now dating his recently separated mother, Lydia (Krista Allen). To make matters worse, Nate's previously disinterested dad, Harrison (Jonathan Silverman) is now determined to win Lydia back and isn't afraid to use Nate to get what he wants. Stuck between his family feud and his best friend’s first serious relationship, Nate's "new normal" forever changes his relationships with his parents, and severely handicaps his own dating life. Significant Mother was initially developed as a digital series for CW Seed, The CW's digital studio, before being ordered to series for the broadcast network.
America's Next Top Model returns with an all new cycle of guys and girls competing for the Top Model title on Wednesday, August 5 at 8:00pm ET). And finally, in the outrageous, darkly comic one-hour series A Wicked Offer, premiering Wednesday, August 5 at 9:00pm ET, couples are presented with a series of Faustian bargains, as they must decide to complete a series of scandalous and controversial tasks involving their unsuspecting friends, families and co-workers for cash prizes. Stay with us for continued updates, especially for the Josh Zuckerman/Krista Allen comedy Significant Mother.
HBO has renewed the comedy series Veep for a fifth season and Silicon Valley for a third season. Created by Armando Iannucci, Veep stars Emmy(R) and Screen Actors Guild Award winner Julia Louis-Dreyfus as new President Selina Meyer, for whom even the most banal action can have unexpected and far-reaching consequences. The Emmy(R)-nominated series kicked off its ten-episode fourth season this past Sunday, April 12 at 10:30pm ET/PT. In addition to Julia Louis-Dreyfus, the ensemble cast for the fourth season includes Emmy(R) winner Tony Hale, Emmy(R) nominee Anna Chlumsky, Reid Scott, Matt Walsh, Timothy Simons, Sufe Bradshaw, Kevin Dunn, Gary Cole and Sam Richardson. The Emmy(R)- and Golden Globe(R)-nominated series Silicon Valley takes a comic look at the modern-day epicenter of the high-tech gold rush, where the people most qualified to succeed are the least capable of handling success. A collaboration between Mike Judge and Alec Berg, the show returned for its ten-episode second season also this past Sunday, April 12 at 10:00pm ET/PT. Cast regulars for the second season include Thomas Middleditch, T.J. Miller, Josh Brener, Martin Starr, Kumail Nanjiani, Zach Woods, Amanda Crew, Matt Ross, Suzanne Cryer and Jimmy O. Yang.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, October 25
The Middle - "Halloween VIII: The Heckoning" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Halloween approaches, Frankie is taken aback when she discovers that, if the circumstances ever arose where she and Mike got divorced, the kids would all choose to live with Mike. Meanwhile, Sue tries everything in her power to get her room back from Brick, and having to be so nice around girlfriend April all of the time leads Axl to lash out at his family.
American Housewife - "Westport Zombies" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie, jealous of Taylor’s friendship with neighbor Viv (Leslie Bibb), reluctantly competes in the Westport Halloween “Zombie Run” after she finds out they’ll both be running. Meanwhile, Greg and Anna-Kat get a little too much in character for the “zombie” part of the run’s obstacle course.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Louisween" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Louis’ favorite holiday, and he makes every attempt to scare Jessica into the Halloween spirit, but she is buried in her word processor, drafting her first horror novel. Meanwhile, Emery and Evan debate costume choices, and Eddie and his crew are excited to party with high schoolers at Nicole’s house.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Halloween" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Halloween arrives, or what Kenny refers to as “the gay Super Bowl,” he plans to go to Boystown to watch the festive costume parade. In an effort to prevent Kenny from attending, Eileen agrees to let him throw his own Halloween party at home. Eileen’s tolerance is ultimately tested when Kenny recruits Stuart and his gay friends to join the big party, and he makes a BIG costume change. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Shannon plan to pull off an epic Halloween prank.
Atlanta - "Junteenth" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Why my Auntie trying to make me go to one of these bougie Junteenth parties again? I don't like them sadity people and I'm gonna miss my shows. Le sigh.
Family Time - "Head of House" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When the Stallworths have an unexpected visitor, they learn of a vicious crime that took place in their home years ago.
Tuesday, October 25
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Catch Will on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Skylar Astin (Ground Floor) - Skylar is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman/Veronica's Closet/The Larry Sanders Show) and David Koechner (Another Period/Hank/The Office) - Mary and David are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Scream Queens/Anything But Love) - Jamie Lee is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn plays a celeb guessing game with Rach, who’s serving up no-fail make-your-own takeout, on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on the AOL Build Show 4pm.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Don is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.