Tuesday, April 14, 2015
Continuing to bolster its schedule with more year-round original programming, The CW Network has set its summer premiere dates, including the series debuts of Significant Mother, Dates and A Wicked Offer, the return of magic series Penn and Teller: Fool Us and Masters of Illusion, and Cycle 22 of America's Next Top Model. As previously announced, Beauty and the Beast will premiere its 13-episode third season as part of The CW's 2015 summer line-up on Thursday, May 21 at 8:00pm. The magic competition series Penn and Teller: Fool Us returns with all new episodes Monday, July 6 at 8:00pm ET. After the debut of Penn and Teller: Fool Us, the current season of The CW's hit improv comedy Whose Line Is It Anyway? moves from Friday to its new night beginning Monday, July 6, with all new episodes at 9:00pm, followed by an encore episodes for a few weeks at 9:30pm.
The British series Dates, in which each episode focuses on a first date between two people who have met on an online dating service, debuts with back-to-back episodes Thursday, July 9 at 9:00 and 9:30pm ET, following original episodes of Beauty and the Beast. The series explores the issues, intricacies, romance, and danger of modern relationships and the thrills, calamities, lies, and truths of first dates. Premiering Friday, July 10 at 8:00pm ET, these 13 all-new half-hour episodes of Masters of Illusion feature great escapes, fascinating sleight-of-hand, and large scale illusions, all in front of a studio audience. Hosted by actor Dean Cain (Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman). In the comedy Significant Mother, premiering Monday, August 3 at 9:30pm ET, budding Portland restaurateur Nate's (Josh Zuckerman) world is turned upside down when he comes back from a business trip to find his lothario best friend and roommate, Jimmy, is now dating his recently separated mother, Lydia (Krista Allen). To make matters worse, Nate's previously disinterested dad, Harrison (Jonathan Silverman) is now determined to win Lydia back and isn't afraid to use Nate to get what he wants. Stuck between his family feud and his best friend’s first serious relationship, Nate's "new normal" forever changes his relationships with his parents, and severely handicaps his own dating life. Significant Mother was initially developed as a digital series for CW Seed, The CW's digital studio, before being ordered to series for the broadcast network.
America's Next Top Model returns with an all new cycle of guys and girls competing for the Top Model title on Wednesday, August 5 at 8:00pm ET). And finally, in the outrageous, darkly comic one-hour series A Wicked Offer, premiering Wednesday, August 5 at 9:00pm ET, couples are presented with a series of Faustian bargains, as they must decide to complete a series of scandalous and controversial tasks involving their unsuspecting friends, families and co-workers for cash prizes. Stay with us for continued updates, especially for the Josh Zuckerman/Krista Allen comedy Significant Mother.
HBO has renewed the comedy series Veep for a fifth season and Silicon Valley for a third season. Created by Armando Iannucci, Veep stars Emmy(R) and Screen Actors Guild Award winner Julia Louis-Dreyfus as new President Selina Meyer, for whom even the most banal action can have unexpected and far-reaching consequences. The Emmy(R)-nominated series kicked off its ten-episode fourth season this past Sunday, April 12 at 10:30pm ET/PT. In addition to Julia Louis-Dreyfus, the ensemble cast for the fourth season includes Emmy(R) winner Tony Hale, Emmy(R) nominee Anna Chlumsky, Reid Scott, Matt Walsh, Timothy Simons, Sufe Bradshaw, Kevin Dunn, Gary Cole and Sam Richardson. The Emmy(R)- and Golden Globe(R)-nominated series Silicon Valley takes a comic look at the modern-day epicenter of the high-tech gold rush, where the people most qualified to succeed are the least capable of handling success. A collaboration between Mike Judge and Alec Berg, the show returned for its ten-episode second season also this past Sunday, April 12 at 10:00pm ET/PT. Cast regulars for the second season include Thomas Middleditch, T.J. Miller, Josh Brener, Martin Starr, Kumail Nanjiani, Zach Woods, Amanda Crew, Matt Ross, Suzanne Cryer and Jimmy O. Yang.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.