Wednesday, September 17, 2014
We've got part two of TV Land's fall 2014 schedule today. We already revealed weeks ago about that The Beverly Hillbillies joined, but now two more shows will join. This week we told you that Centric and BET is airing Family Feud, today we can tell you that TV Land will be, too. The Steve Harvey hosted game show will begin Monday, Sept. 29 and air weekdays 8-9:30pm in primetime. It will also get weekend play, with times varying but mostly Saturdays from 6:30pm-9pm. And one other addition to TV Land will be the return of Friends. The sitcom, which will also still remain on sister network Nick at Nite, will air every night at 11:00pm & 11:30pm. Nick at Nite is now airing the series 10-11pm and 1:24-2:36am. Back to TV Land, no other changes are being made.
Original series wise, the laughs return in November. It's the most wonderful time of the year for TV viewers – fall premiere season! After a busy summer, TV Land hopes you include TV Land in your fall highlights and tune in to all those familiar faces that they love and adore. TV Land is excited to announce the return of fan favorites Hot in Cleveland and The Exes, which premiere with new seasons on November 5. TV Land's original fall TV lineup kicks off with the sixth season premiere of Hot in Cleveland on Wednesday, November 5 at 10pm ET/PT. Season six picks up right where we left off with Joy (Jane Leeves) choosing one of her potential suitors. Elka (Betty White) continues her City Council career and makes her first power play- will all her newfound power go to her head? Meanwhile, Victoria (Wendie Malick) is enjoying life after winning an Oscar and lands a prestigious cable drama. Plus, life isn't so terrible for Melanie (Valerie Bertinelli) either as she continues working on her radio show and meets a prospective boyfriend. Then The Exes premieres its fourth season on Wednesday, November 5 at 10:30pm ET/PT. Recurring guest star Leah Remini returns as Stuart's (David Alan Basche) sister Nicki, who has decided to stay in town much to Haskell's (Wayne Knight) delight. After learning that Haskell is in love with her, Nicki decides to give him a shot but certain things come between them. Meanwhile, Phil (Donald Faison) and Eden (Kelly Stables) go their own separate dating ways after uncoupling last season. As for Holly (Kristen Johnston), she is working backwards to a wedding. She has the date and location set but only needs to find the perfect man. Stay with us for continued updates on all things TV Land.
Judd Apatow, Paul Rust and Lesley Arfin are bringing an unflinching, hilarious and excruciatingly honest take on modern relationships to Love, a new Netflix original series, licensed globally and debuting in 2016 in all Netflix territories. Netflix has made a two-season commitment to Love, which debuts with 10 episodes in 2016 and 12 the following year. Love follows Gus (Paul Rust from I Love You, Beth Cooper) and Mickey (Gillian Jacobs) as they navigate the exhilarations and humiliations of intimacy, commitment, and other things they were hoping to avoid. Jacobs is best known for her role as Britta in the critically-acclaimed series Community and can next be seen in Community's 6th season, Life Partners, Hot Tub Time Machine 2 and Girls. The half-hour comedy series is produced by Apatow Productions and Legendary Television, and created and written by Apatow, Rust and Arfin (Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Girls). Brent Forrester (The Office, The Simpsons) will executive produce.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, January 18
Fresh Off the Boat - "Clean Slate" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
On the eve of Chinese New Year, Jessica pushes the entire family to settle all debts, disputes and grudges to ensure good fortune for the coming year. Unsure if she can contain her temper for the remainder of the day, Jessica enlists Emery to makes sure she keeps her cool. Meanwhile, Louis and Evan go on a wild goose chase to hunt down some hate mail, and Eddie is forced to entertain his super lame cousin.
Speechless - " S-I-- SICK D-A-- DAY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Maya gets sick, Jimmy is forced to be the mom of the house, and Dylan becomes Kenneth’s replacement for JJ when Kenneth also gets sick. Jimmy ends up doing well with Maya’s normal duties, but he tries to keep it from her to avoid her feeling bad. Meanwhile, JJ protects Dylan from a boy she’s interested in. And despite its illness, the family bands together and pulls an all-nighter to finish Ray’s school project.
Modern Family - "Halloween 4: The Revenge of Rod Skyhook" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Luke’s Halloween party isn’t the monster bash he dreamed of and is at risk of having the worst party of the year. Sensing trouble, the rest of the Dunphy’s realize all his party needs is a visit from Rod Skyhook, a little promotion and some adult supervision to get it started. Meanwhile at the Tucker-Pritchett home, Cam faces off with his Halloween nemesis while Lily and Mitchell try to save the day and work to keep him from going to the darkside. Finally, when Jay finds out that Manny is going to a party at the home of an old enemy, he enlists him to deliver a trick he will never forget.
black-ish - "Good Dre Hunting" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Bow convinces a begrudging Dre to try therapy, and he learns how to cope with his anger issues. Meanwhile, Johan becomes a life coach to the kids.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "Old Lady House: A Situation Comedy" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Charlie thinks Mac's mom is holding his mom hostage so the gang installs spy cameras in their house to monitor what's going on. What they end up discovering is the moms are quite entertaining once Dennis makes some quick edits and adds a laugh track to the surveillance footage. Dee wants in on the new hit show and Frank becomes obsessed with banging Charlie's mom now that he's seen her on TV.
Man Seeking Woman - "Horse" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Lucy attempts to forge a relationship with Josh's best friend Mike.
Schitt's Creek - "The Throuple" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
David and Stevie try to come to terms with their new relationship; Alexis and Moira plan a mother/daughter lunch.
Wednesday, January 18
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Watch Wendi on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also talks about The Founder on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/Life with Louie/The Louie Show) - Louie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Woody Harrelson (Cheers) - Woody stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Eric McCormack (Will & Grace) - Eric appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ted Danson (The Good Place/Becker/Cheers) - Ted visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) and B.J. Novak (The Office) - Neil and B.J. are guests on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. Neil can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:20am.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and his wife Rebecca Romijn chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patrick Warburton (Crowded/Rules of Engagement/Less Than Perfect) - Patrick is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kirstie Alley (Cheers/Veronica's Closet/Kirstie) - Kirstie dishes about the new season of Scream Queens and her weight loss with Jenny Craig on The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.