Wednesday, September 17, 2014
We've got part two of TV Land's fall 2014 schedule today. We already revealed weeks ago about that The Beverly Hillbillies joined, but now two more shows will join. This week we told you that Centric and BET is airing Family Feud, today we can tell you that TV Land will be, too. The Steve Harvey hosted game show will begin Monday, Sept. 29 and air weekdays 8-9:30pm in primetime. It will also get weekend play, with times varying but mostly Saturdays from 6:30pm-9pm. And one other addition to TV Land will be the return of Friends. The sitcom, which will also still remain on sister network Nick at Nite, will air every night at 11:00pm & 11:30pm. Nick at Nite is now airing the series 10-11pm and 1:24-2:36am. Back to TV Land, no other changes are being made.
Original series wise, the laughs return in November. It's the most wonderful time of the year for TV viewers – fall premiere season! After a busy summer, TV Land hopes you include TV Land in your fall highlights and tune in to all those familiar faces that they love and adore. TV Land is excited to announce the return of fan favorites Hot in Cleveland and The Exes, which premiere with new seasons on November 5. TV Land's original fall TV lineup kicks off with the sixth season premiere of Hot in Cleveland on Wednesday, November 5 at 10pm ET/PT. Season six picks up right where we left off with Joy (Jane Leeves) choosing one of her potential suitors. Elka (Betty White) continues her City Council career and makes her first power play- will all her newfound power go to her head? Meanwhile, Victoria (Wendie Malick) is enjoying life after winning an Oscar and lands a prestigious cable drama. Plus, life isn't so terrible for Melanie (Valerie Bertinelli) either as she continues working on her radio show and meets a prospective boyfriend. Then The Exes premieres its fourth season on Wednesday, November 5 at 10:30pm ET/PT. Recurring guest star Leah Remini returns as Stuart's (David Alan Basche) sister Nicki, who has decided to stay in town much to Haskell's (Wayne Knight) delight. After learning that Haskell is in love with her, Nicki decides to give him a shot but certain things come between them. Meanwhile, Phil (Donald Faison) and Eden (Kelly Stables) go their own separate dating ways after uncoupling last season. As for Holly (Kristen Johnston), she is working backwards to a wedding. She has the date and location set but only needs to find the perfect man. Stay with us for continued updates on all things TV Land.
Judd Apatow, Paul Rust and Lesley Arfin are bringing an unflinching, hilarious and excruciatingly honest take on modern relationships to Love, a new Netflix original series, licensed globally and debuting in 2016 in all Netflix territories. Netflix has made a two-season commitment to Love, which debuts with 10 episodes in 2016 and 12 the following year. Love follows Gus (Paul Rust from I Love You, Beth Cooper) and Mickey (Gillian Jacobs) as they navigate the exhilarations and humiliations of intimacy, commitment, and other things they were hoping to avoid. Jacobs is best known for her role as Britta in the critically-acclaimed series Community and can next be seen in Community's 6th season, Life Partners, Hot Tub Time Machine 2 and Girls. The half-hour comedy series is produced by Apatow Productions and Legendary Television, and created and written by Apatow, Rust and Arfin (Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Girls). Brent Forrester (The Office, The Simpsons) will executive produce.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, April 25
The Middle - "Trip and Fall" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Trashy neighbor Rita Glossner (Brooke Shields) talks an apprehensive Frankie into taking a road trip to an unknown destination; Mike takes an embarrassing fall at the quarry and has to deal with even more embarrassment when OSHA is called in to investigate; and Sue attempts to convince Axl to end his estrangement with the family after learning their true feelings about April.
American Housewife - "The Otto Motto" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Taylor keeps quitting school activities, Greg says that Katie, quite the quitter herself, sets a poor example. He challenges her to finally learn French after quitting lessons so long ago, so she reluctantly enrolls in a college class.
Speechless - "S-I-- SICK D-A-- DAY" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Maya gets sick, Jimmy is forced to be the mom of the house, and Dylan becomes Kenneth’s replacement for JJ when Kenneth also gets sick. Jimmy ends up doing well with Maya’s normal duties, but he tries to keep it from her to avoid her feeling bad. Meanwhile, JJ protects Dylan from a boy she’s interested in. And despite its illness, the family bands together and pulls an all-nighter to finish Ray’s school project.
Imaginary Mary - "In a World Where Worlds Collide" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Alice freaks out when her friends want to meet Ben. But when an outing with everyone goes surprisingly well, Alice wants to meet Ben’s friends. However, Ben is hesitant but devises a plan that will impress Alice; but later, he makes a surprising admission.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Last Ride" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
In what could be their last case as partners, Jake and Charles go to great extremes to apprehend a local bike thief. Terry shockingly isn’t in the lead for “Mr. Nine-Nine” (the detective who has solved the most cases), leaving Rosa determined to boost his ego. Meanwhile, Amy spends some precious time with Holt.
The Mick - "The Implant" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Sabrina tells Mickey she wants to augment her figure, so Mickey decides the best way to dissuade her from doing so is to do a test-run in public. Meanwhile, Jimmy takes Chip and Ben to a baseball game to teach them how to be more masculine.
Great News - "Pilot" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan), a frustrated cable news producer, is horrified when her mom, Carol (Andrea Martin), gets an internship at "The Breakdown." Despite Katie's best efforts, Carol is instantly beloved by the entire office, including blowhard veteran anchor Chuck (John Michael Higgins). But when Katie hits a roadblock while producing a big story, she realizes that maybe having a mom at work isn't such a bad thing.
Great News - "Bear Attack" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) tries to set workplace boundaries with Carol (Andrea Martin), but when a big story about an escaped bear lands in her lap, her mom can't help but meddle. Meanwhile, Greg (Adam Campbell) tries to get Chuck (John Michael Higgins) and Portia (Nicole Richie) to do a little friendly banter at the end of the show.
The Detour - "The Mule" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Robin and Nate live out their action movie fantasies as they make their way to the kids, who are actually doing fine without them.
The Detour - "The Ass" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
The family reunites, but this time Robin makes a huge mistake.
Tuesday, April 25
- Amanda Peet (Brockmire/Togetherness/Bent) - Catch Amanda on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. She also appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Sanaa stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Reid Scott (Veep/My Boys) - Reid visits Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Arden Myrin (Working) - Arden appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Andrea Martin (Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Patti will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea talks about Good News on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Jason talks about The Detour on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Ross Lynch (Austin & Ally) - Ross opens up about his new movie My Friend Dahmer on People Now at 8:30am.
- Tim Daly (Wings) - Tim is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Peter Engel (Producer of Saved by the Bell/California Dreams/Hang Time) - Peter dishes about his new memoir I Was Saved by the Bell on the The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.
- Sherri Shepherd (Trial & Error/Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Danny DeVito (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia/Taxi) - Danny appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.