Tuesday, September 09, 2014
Last month we mentioned a show will coming to TBS daytime this September, now we will reveal what that is. TBS will premiere America's Funniest Home Videos in the 11am hour replacing the expiring The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. TBS will air seasons 20 and on for AFV. Also expiring from the network will be My Name is Earl, which was airing in early mornings. An extra Married...with Children will replace the sitcom initially. Effective Monday, Sept. 29, TBS will launch a daytime movie at 9am, replacing two hours of sitcoms. Meet the Browns, House of Payne, will thus be off the line-up, while Full House will move to 6am. Cougar Town and The Office will air in late night beginning at 12 midnight. Everybody Loves Raymond will return to weekdays and air at 8:30am beginning Sept. 29, following Are We There Yet at 8. That's about it, everything is just minor timeslot changes. To recap, the new addition will be AFV, while Fresh Prince, My Name is Earl, Meet the Browns, House of Payne leave and Raymond returns.
The CBS Television Network announced that James Corden will be the new host of The Late Late Show. Corden - a multi-faceted performer, host, writer and producer with accomplishments that span television, theater, film and comedy - will take the reins of the daily late night show in 2015. The 36-year-old Corden comes to American late night television with a growing list of award-winning and critically acclaimed credits. He is a Tony Award-winning performer on Broadway, a BAFTA-winning star of a UK television series, a feature film actor with two releases this year, and an acclaimed host, writer and producer in several genres of television. Currently, Corden is starring opposite Keira Knightley and Mark Ruffalo in Begin Again, which is in theaters now, and will star opposite Meryl Streep, Johnny Depp and Emily Blunt in the highly anticipated feature film Into the Woods, which hits theaters in December. Additionally, Corden hosts the BAFTA Award-winning UK sports-themed comedy game show A League of Their Own on Sky 1 and stars in, produces and writes the BAFTA nominated comedy thriller The Wrong Mans, which is available on Hulu and airs on the BBC.
The Late Late Show with James Corden will be produced by CBS. The creative elements, as well as the producers and the location for the Corden-hosted The Late Late Show, will be determined and announced at a later date. Corden succeeds Craig Ferguson, the critically acclaimed host of the CBS late night series for the past 10 years. Ferguson announced his intention to leave the show during his April 28 broadcast, and will sign off in December 2014. The Late Late Show is broadcast weeknights on the CBS Television Network from 12:37 AM-1:37 AM, ET/PT.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 10
Saturday, December 10
- Dennis Haskins (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The New Class) - Dennis will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Watch Jennifer Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Bryan is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also chats about the film Why Him? on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) - John appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Chris visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS. She joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine) - Matthew stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will talks about Collateral Beauty on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Out of Practice/Arrested Development) - Henry will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Megan Mullally (Will & Grace) - Megan is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.