Tuesday, September 09, 2014
Last month we mentioned a show will coming to TBS daytime this September, now we will reveal what that is. TBS will premiere America's Funniest Home Videos in the 11am hour replacing the expiring The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. TBS will air seasons 20 and on for AFV. Also expiring from the network will be My Name is Earl, which was airing in early mornings. An extra Married...with Children will replace the sitcom initially. Effective Monday, Sept. 29, TBS will launch a daytime movie at 9am, replacing two hours of sitcoms. Meet the Browns, House of Payne, will thus be off the line-up, while Full House will move to 6am. Cougar Town and The Office will air in late night beginning at 12 midnight. Everybody Loves Raymond will return to weekdays and air at 8:30am beginning Sept. 29, following Are We There Yet at 8. That's about it, everything is just minor timeslot changes. To recap, the new addition will be AFV, while Fresh Prince, My Name is Earl, Meet the Browns, House of Payne leave and Raymond returns.
The CBS Television Network announced that James Corden will be the new host of The Late Late Show. Corden - a multi-faceted performer, host, writer and producer with accomplishments that span television, theater, film and comedy - will take the reins of the daily late night show in 2015. The 36-year-old Corden comes to American late night television with a growing list of award-winning and critically acclaimed credits. He is a Tony Award-winning performer on Broadway, a BAFTA-winning star of a UK television series, a feature film actor with two releases this year, and an acclaimed host, writer and producer in several genres of television. Currently, Corden is starring opposite Keira Knightley and Mark Ruffalo in Begin Again, which is in theaters now, and will star opposite Meryl Streep, Johnny Depp and Emily Blunt in the highly anticipated feature film Into the Woods, which hits theaters in December. Additionally, Corden hosts the BAFTA Award-winning UK sports-themed comedy game show A League of Their Own on Sky 1 and stars in, produces and writes the BAFTA nominated comedy thriller The Wrong Mans, which is available on Hulu and airs on the BBC.
The Late Late Show with James Corden will be produced by CBS. The creative elements, as well as the producers and the location for the Corden-hosted The Late Late Show, will be determined and announced at a later date. Corden succeeds Craig Ferguson, the critically acclaimed host of the CBS late night series for the past 10 years. Ferguson announced his intention to leave the show during his April 28 broadcast, and will sign off in December 2014. The Late Late Show is broadcast weeknights on the CBS Television Network from 12:37 AM-1:37 AM, ET/PT.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, May 22
Angie Tribeca - "License to Drill" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Geils lands in trouble when he helps a woman investigate whether her husband is having an affair.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Amnesia" (Freeform, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi attempts to cure Josh's amnesia by re-creating the first time they met.
Baby Daddy - "Daddy's Girl" (Freeform, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Riley is confined to the couch; Ben struggles to answer Emma's questions about her mother.
Monday, May 22
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Watch Chelsea on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Bloodline on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) - Michaela is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Seaton Smith (Mulaney) - Seaton stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nicole Richie (Great News) - Nicole visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/The Parkers) - Kym guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Tichina Arnold (Survivor's Remorse/Happily Divorced/Everybody Hates Chris/Martin) - Tichina appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Brenda Strong (The Help/Scorch) - Brenda talks about Supergirl on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss joins Clinton Kelly to whip up a delicious delight on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Patti performs a jazz song from her new album on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Loretta Devine and Lil Rel Howery (The Carmichael Show) - Loretta and Lil are guests on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Ellie Reed (Girlboss) - Ellie talks about Girlboss on the AOL Build Show at 5pm.