Tuesday, June 17, 2014
LeBron's Sitcom Launches in Fall on Starz; Classic New York Sitcoms Cosby Show, Jeffersons Back in NY on WPIX
The STARZ Original series Survivor's Remorse has been in production in Atlanta on the six-episode first season of the half-hour scripted single comedy series from LeBron James, Tom Werner, Mike O'Malley, Maverick Carter, Victor Levin and Paul Wachter. Set in Atlanta, the story follows Cam Calloway, a basketball phenom in his early 20's who is suddenly thrust into the limelight after signing a multi-million dollar contract with a professional basketball team, and explores the comedy and drama of an experience that everyone reads about, but few understand - what happens when you make it out. The series will premiere on STARZ in the fall of 2014. The cast is led by Jessie T. Usher in the role of Cam Calloway, Ronreaco Lee as Reggie Vaughn, Erica Ash as M-Chuck, the sister of Cam Calloway, and Tichina Arnold (Martin, Everybody Hates Chris) as Cassie, Cam's mother. They join Teyonah Parris who was cast as Reggie's wife Missy and Mike Epps (Being Mary Jane) as Cam's Uncle Julius.
Watch the trailer for this upcoming sitcom. And stay with us for continued updates.
Two classic sitcoms set in New York City have returned to the airwaves on local New York television. WPIX-11 has started airing The Cosby Show and The Jeffersons every morning as of Monday (June 16) morning. The classic comedies starring Bill Cosby & Sherman Hemsley are airing in the 4-5am hour replacing the early news hour of PIX11 Morning News (which will remain from 5-9am). The Cosby Show and The Jeffersons of course join fellow classic New York sitcom The Honeymooners on the PIX11 line-up. That sitcom airs every weekend at 11 & 11:30pm and is a PIX11 staple. And if that's not all PIX11 also airs other sitcoms set in New York like Seinfeld and Friends. WPIX-11 certainly has the New York themed laughs covered! Tune in every weekday morning bright and early for The Cosby Show and The Jeffersons to start your mornings off right on PIX11. Hopefully more New York based sitcoms join the PIX11 line-up soon, maybe a return of The Odd Couple and Taxi, or adding series like All in the Family, Barney Miller, Welcome Back Kotter, Diff'rent Strokes and Night Court? But for now enjoy the current offerings!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.