Thursday, January 09, 2014
TBS Orders Season 2 of Pete Holmes Show; MeTV Pays Tribute to Character Actor; Local NY Reporter on The Crazy Ones
TBS has renewed its new late-night series The Pete Holmes Show, which enjoyed a seven week run at the end of 2013. TBS has ordered an additional 13 weeks of the series starring popular comedian Pete Holmes and produced by Conaco LLC, the company behind the late-night hit Conan. New episodes of The Pete Holmes Show are set to launch Feb. 24 and will air Monday-Thursday nights at midnight (ET/PT), following Conan at 11. The Pete Holmes Show is produced for TBS by Conaco LLC, with Jeff Ross, David Kissinger, Nick Bernstein, Dave Rath and Conan O'Brien serving as executive producers. Taped before a live studio audience, the series showcases Pete's wide-ranging comedic skill set, which led him to be named one of Variety's "Top 10 Comics to Watch." The show packs live comedy, sketches and video pieces into a fast-paced half hour. The Pete Holmes Show has averaged nearly half a million viewers since its premiere, with a remarkably young median age of only 36. The show has quickly made a name for itself in the social media realm, with its viral videos like the X-Men parodies and interviews with Olympian Lolo Jones and NBA all star James Harden amassing more than 20 million views on YouTube and Pete Holmes.com. In addition, Pete and the show have also amassed nearly 300,000 fans through social media.
Canadian character actor Larry D. Mann, who guest starred in many sitcoms, has died. He died of natural causes on January 6 in Los Angeles. Mr. Mann was 91.
Mann had a regular role as Marty Warren, Jerry Webster's (Jerry Van Dyke) friend and lawyer, in the 1967-68 NBC sitcom Accidental Family. His many sitcom guest appearances included My Favorite Martian, Get Smart, Rango, Hey Landlord, He & She, Hogan's Heroes, Bewitched, Green Acres and The New Leave it to Beaver. He was also in The Sting as the train conductor/poker game dealer. He was the voice of Yukon Cornelius in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
The MeTV Network is paying tribute to the late character actor Larry D. Mann. MeTV will be airing the Hogan's Heroes episode "The Reluctant Target" in which he guest starred tonight (Thursday) at 9|8c. He has appeared on many other shows MeTV airs including Columbo, Night Gallery, Gunsmoke, Get Smart, Bonanza, Ironside, Dragnet, Love American Style, The Big Valley and Honey West.
And finally, WCBS2-NY's Kristine Johnson will appear as a guest star on the CBS sitcom The Crazy Ones tonight at 9|8c on CBS. Kristine plays a reporter covering a PR disaster at a big company represented by Simon (Robin Williams) and Sydney's (Sarah Michelle Gellar) advertising agency.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (November)
11/03 - Californication - The Complete Series
11/03 - Getting On - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
11/03 - Hank (1965-66) - The Complete Series
11/03 - I Love Lucy - The Complete Series
11/03 - Men at Work - The Complete Second Season
11/03 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/03 - 'Til Death - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - The Complete Remastered Series (DVD)
11/10 - Maude - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Final (Fourth) Season
11/17 - The Comedians - The Complete Series
11/17 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
11/17 - McHale's Navy - The Complete Series
11/17 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Fourth Season
11/17 - Weird Loners - The Complete Series
11/24 - George Lopez - The Complete Sixth Seaon
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, November 29
The Simpsons - "Puffless" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Upon learning that their father really died of lung cancer, Selma and Patty agree to quit smoking. When Selma relapses, an angry Patty moves in with Marge and Homer.
Family Guy - "Fighting Irish" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Peter claims he would beat Liam Neeson (guest-voicing as himself) in a fight, but when he is put to the test, he learns that winning is tougher than it seems. Meanwhile, Stewie becomes jealous when Lois decides to be a class mom and starts paying more attention to the other kids over him.
The Last Man on Earth - "Is There Anybody Out There?" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Phil and Carol leave Tucson behind and strike out on their own in a road trip across the United States.
Monday, November 30
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Aziz The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Richard Kind (Spin City/Mad About You) - Richard is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Alan Tudyk (Suburgatory) - Alan appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Brent Morin and Rick Glassman (Undateable) - Brent and Rick are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - David stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Kim Fields (The Facts of Life/Living Single) - Kim dishes on the new season of The Real Housewives of Atlanta and talks about why she decided to join the show on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A./Scrubs) - Scott drops by The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Loretta Devine (The Carmichael Show) - Loretta is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America talks about her new series Superstore on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Bob Saget (Fuller House/How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Cheryl Hines (Curb Your Enthusiasm/Suburgatory) - Cheryl talks about her movie Christmas Eve on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.