Thursday, January 09, 2014
TBS Orders Season 2 of Pete Holmes Show; MeTV Pays Tribute to Character Actor; Local NY Reporter on The Crazy Ones
TBS has renewed its new late-night series The Pete Holmes Show, which enjoyed a seven week run at the end of 2013. TBS has ordered an additional 13 weeks of the series starring popular comedian Pete Holmes and produced by Conaco LLC, the company behind the late-night hit Conan. New episodes of The Pete Holmes Show are set to launch Feb. 24 and will air Monday-Thursday nights at midnight (ET/PT), following Conan at 11. The Pete Holmes Show is produced for TBS by Conaco LLC, with Jeff Ross, David Kissinger, Nick Bernstein, Dave Rath and Conan O'Brien serving as executive producers. Taped before a live studio audience, the series showcases Pete's wide-ranging comedic skill set, which led him to be named one of Variety's "Top 10 Comics to Watch." The show packs live comedy, sketches and video pieces into a fast-paced half hour. The Pete Holmes Show has averaged nearly half a million viewers since its premiere, with a remarkably young median age of only 36. The show has quickly made a name for itself in the social media realm, with its viral videos like the X-Men parodies and interviews with Olympian Lolo Jones and NBA all star James Harden amassing more than 20 million views on YouTube and Pete Holmes.com. In addition, Pete and the show have also amassed nearly 300,000 fans through social media.
Canadian character actor Larry D. Mann, who guest starred in many sitcoms, has died. He died of natural causes on January 6 in Los Angeles. Mr. Mann was 91.
Mann had a regular role as Marty Warren, Jerry Webster's (Jerry Van Dyke) friend and lawyer, in the 1967-68 NBC sitcom Accidental Family. His many sitcom guest appearances included My Favorite Martian, Get Smart, Rango, Hey Landlord, He & She, Hogan's Heroes, Bewitched, Green Acres and The New Leave it to Beaver. He was also in The Sting as the train conductor/poker game dealer. He was the voice of Yukon Cornelius in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
The MeTV Network is paying tribute to the late character actor Larry D. Mann. MeTV will be airing the Hogan's Heroes episode "The Reluctant Target" in which he guest starred tonight (Thursday) at 9|8c. He has appeared on many other shows MeTV airs including Columbo, Night Gallery, Gunsmoke, Get Smart, Bonanza, Ironside, Dragnet, Love American Style, The Big Valley and Honey West.
And finally, WCBS2-NY's Kristine Johnson will appear as a guest star on the CBS sitcom The Crazy Ones tonight at 9|8c on CBS. Kristine plays a reporter covering a PR disaster at a big company represented by Simon (Robin Williams) and Sydney's (Sarah Michelle Gellar) advertising agency.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/26 - Family Mattters - The Complete Seventh Season
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, July 23
Angel from Hell - "Believe Me, Part 1" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Allison and Amy try to keep Marv from hearing a conversation about guardian angels that they accidentally recorded on his answering machine.
Angel from Hell - "Believe Me, Part 2" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After Amy survives a bus accident, she becomes determined to break up Allison’s friend’s wedding in order to put Allison’s future on track.
The Thundermans - "Can't Spy Me Love" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After seeing a cute guy but missing her chance to meet him, Phoebe accesses the Hero League's villain search software to track him down. However, Phoebe's abuse of power leads to unexpected consequences for her crush that she must prevent.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "A Brief Case of Popularity" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Nicky, Dicky, and Dawn try to get in with the Staircase Kids, the coolest kids in school, but must stop Ricky from making himself, and them by association, look uncool.
Legendary Dudas - "Blazing Pedals; The Chest Hair" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Sam is asked to join his homeroom's bike relay team and he's forced to reveal that he doesn't know how to ride a bike. Sam gains a new confidence when he gets his first chest hair and earns the adoration of his class.
Sunday, July 24
- Michael Rapaport (The War at Home) - Catch Michael on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Danny McBride (Vice Principals/Eastbound & Down) - Watch Danny on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Denis Leary (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/The Job) - Denis stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show/Family Guy) - Mila appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Christina Applegate (Up All Night/Samantha Who?/Married with Children) - Christina visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Abby Elliott (Odd Mom Out) - Abby stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. She dishes on her upcoming September Wedding on People Now at 8:30am.
- Joe Morton (Grady) - Joe appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Anna Gunn (Down the Shore) - Anna talks about her new movie Equity on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Niecy Nash (The Soul Man/Getting On/Reno 911!) - Niecy guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.