Thursday, January 09, 2014
TBS Orders Season 2 of Pete Holmes Show; MeTV Pays Tribute to Character Actor; Local NY Reporter on The Crazy Ones
TBS has renewed its new late-night series The Pete Holmes Show, which enjoyed a seven week run at the end of 2013. TBS has ordered an additional 13 weeks of the series starring popular comedian Pete Holmes and produced by Conaco LLC, the company behind the late-night hit Conan. New episodes of The Pete Holmes Show are set to launch Feb. 24 and will air Monday-Thursday nights at midnight (ET/PT), following Conan at 11. The Pete Holmes Show is produced for TBS by Conaco LLC, with Jeff Ross, David Kissinger, Nick Bernstein, Dave Rath and Conan O'Brien serving as executive producers. Taped before a live studio audience, the series showcases Pete's wide-ranging comedic skill set, which led him to be named one of Variety's "Top 10 Comics to Watch." The show packs live comedy, sketches and video pieces into a fast-paced half hour. The Pete Holmes Show has averaged nearly half a million viewers since its premiere, with a remarkably young median age of only 36. The show has quickly made a name for itself in the social media realm, with its viral videos like the X-Men parodies and interviews with Olympian Lolo Jones and NBA all star James Harden amassing more than 20 million views on YouTube and Pete Holmes.com. In addition, Pete and the show have also amassed nearly 300,000 fans through social media.
Canadian character actor Larry D. Mann, who guest starred in many sitcoms, has died. He died of natural causes on January 6 in Los Angeles. Mr. Mann was 91.
Mann had a regular role as Marty Warren, Jerry Webster's (Jerry Van Dyke) friend and lawyer, in the 1967-68 NBC sitcom Accidental Family. His many sitcom guest appearances included My Favorite Martian, Get Smart, Rango, Hey Landlord, He & She, Hogan's Heroes, Bewitched, Green Acres and The New Leave it to Beaver. He was also in The Sting as the train conductor/poker game dealer. He was the voice of Yukon Cornelius in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
The MeTV Network is paying tribute to the late character actor Larry D. Mann. MeTV will be airing the Hogan's Heroes episode "The Reluctant Target" in which he guest starred tonight (Thursday) at 9|8c. He has appeared on many other shows MeTV airs including Columbo, Night Gallery, Gunsmoke, Get Smart, Bonanza, Ironside, Dragnet, Love American Style, The Big Valley and Honey West.
And finally, WCBS2-NY's Kristine Johnson will appear as a guest star on the CBS sitcom The Crazy Ones tonight at 9|8c on CBS. Kristine plays a reporter covering a PR disaster at a big company represented by Simon (Robin Williams) and Sydney's (Sarah Michelle Gellar) advertising agency.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, June 27
Mom - "Snickerdoodle and a Nip Slip" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Christy catches the eye of Candace’s wealthy, charming father, Fred, Candace and Baxter are outraged, while Bonnie pushes Christy to give him a chance. Harry Hamlin guest stars as Candace’s wealthy father, Fred. Sara Rue returns as Candace.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Basketball Jones" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Oleg’s pro-basketball playing cousin comes to town to play a game against Max’s favorite team and gifts her with two free tickets, but chaos ensues when the girls interfere with the game and risk ruining their cupcake business’ reputation in the process.
American Dad - "Standard Deviation" (TBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
To avoid a suicide mission, Stan must beat Bullock in a DJ battle; Jeff starts drinking psychedelic teas and builds an imaginary musical instrument with Roger's help.
Angie Tribeca - "A Coldie but a Goodie" (TBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tribeca believes that a 102-year-old's death isn't as natural as everyone thinks, but her concerns aren't heard because of her probation.
Odd Mom Out - "Fasting and Furious" (Bravo, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Jill's parents come to town to celebrate Yom Kippur and to take care of a matter of life and death; Vanessa flirts with the idea of a breakup; Brooke continues to punish Lex for betraying her.
Monday, June 27
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Watch Eric on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nia Long (Uncle Buck/The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Nia is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Marc Maron (Maron) - Marc appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jenny Slate (Married/Bob's Burgers) - Jenny stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Natasha Leggero (Another Period/Free Agents) - Natasha appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Woods (Silicon Valley/Playing House/The Office) - Zach appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Greg Proops (True Jackson, VP) - Greg is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jill Kargman (Odd Mom Out) - Jill visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- D.L. Hughley (The Hughleys) - D.L. guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kellita Smith (The First Family/The Bernie Mac Show) - Kellita stops by The Real, so check your local listings.
- Jamie Lynn Spears (Zoey 101) - Jamie reveals that her husband and daughter are hounding her for more children on People Now at 8:30am.
- Craig Bierko (Unhitched/Madman of the People/Sydney) - Craig is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) - Michaela talks about Hulu's Casual on the AOL Build ShoW at 11am.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) and Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Louis and Kevin talk about The Secret Life of Pets on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Tony Shalhoub (We Are Men/Wings)- Tony will be on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Arsenio Hall (Arsenio) - Arsenio guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.