Thursday, January 09, 2014
TBS Orders Season 2 of Pete Holmes Show; MeTV Pays Tribute to Character Actor; Local NY Reporter on The Crazy Ones
TBS has renewed its new late-night series The Pete Holmes Show, which enjoyed a seven week run at the end of 2013. TBS has ordered an additional 13 weeks of the series starring popular comedian Pete Holmes and produced by Conaco LLC, the company behind the late-night hit Conan. New episodes of The Pete Holmes Show are set to launch Feb. 24 and will air Monday-Thursday nights at midnight (ET/PT), following Conan at 11. The Pete Holmes Show is produced for TBS by Conaco LLC, with Jeff Ross, David Kissinger, Nick Bernstein, Dave Rath and Conan O'Brien serving as executive producers. Taped before a live studio audience, the series showcases Pete's wide-ranging comedic skill set, which led him to be named one of Variety's "Top 10 Comics to Watch." The show packs live comedy, sketches and video pieces into a fast-paced half hour. The Pete Holmes Show has averaged nearly half a million viewers since its premiere, with a remarkably young median age of only 36. The show has quickly made a name for itself in the social media realm, with its viral videos like the X-Men parodies and interviews with Olympian Lolo Jones and NBA all star James Harden amassing more than 20 million views on YouTube and Pete Holmes.com. In addition, Pete and the show have also amassed nearly 300,000 fans through social media.
Canadian character actor Larry D. Mann, who guest starred in many sitcoms, has died. He died of natural causes on January 6 in Los Angeles. Mr. Mann was 91.
Mann had a regular role as Marty Warren, Jerry Webster's (Jerry Van Dyke) friend and lawyer, in the 1967-68 NBC sitcom Accidental Family. His many sitcom guest appearances included My Favorite Martian, Get Smart, Rango, Hey Landlord, He & She, Hogan's Heroes, Bewitched, Green Acres and The New Leave it to Beaver. He was also in The Sting as the train conductor/poker game dealer. He was the voice of Yukon Cornelius in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
The MeTV Network is paying tribute to the late character actor Larry D. Mann. MeTV will be airing the Hogan's Heroes episode "The Reluctant Target" in which he guest starred tonight (Thursday) at 9|8c. He has appeared on many other shows MeTV airs including Columbo, Night Gallery, Gunsmoke, Get Smart, Bonanza, Ironside, Dragnet, Love American Style, The Big Valley and Honey West.
And finally, WCBS2-NY's Kristine Johnson will appear as a guest star on the CBS sitcom The Crazy Ones tonight at 9|8c on CBS. Kristine plays a reporter covering a PR disaster at a big company represented by Simon (Robin Williams) and Sydney's (Sarah Michelle Gellar) advertising agency.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/01 - The League - The Complete Season Six
09/01 - New Girl - The Complete Fourth Season
09/08 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Two
09/08 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Second Season
09/08 - Mr. Belvedere - Season Four
09/15 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
09/15 - Family Guy - Season 13
09/18 - black-ish - The Complete First Season
09/22 - The Cosby Show - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
09/22 - C.P.O. Sharkey - The Complete Season 2
09/22 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
09/22 - Good Times - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
09/22 - King of the Hill - The Complete 12th Season
09/22 - The Last Man on Earth - The Complete First Season
09/22 - Modern Family - The Complete Sixth Season
09/22 - The Nanny - Season Four
09/22 - The Partridge Family - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
09/29 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete First Season
09/29 - Mom - The Complete Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 3
Henry Danger - "Henry & the Woodpeckers" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Piper's basketball coach quits, Henry becomes the coach of Piper's team. As he tries to whip the team into shape, he is challenged by the League Board and its unorthodox rules.
Game Shakers - "MeGo the Freakish Robot" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
A company asks Game Shakers to build a game based on a robot they created. The robot develops a bro-bot crush on Hudson and, jealous of Hudson's friendship with Trip, becomes depressed and malfunctions.
100 Things to Do Before High School - "Be a Mad Scientist Thing!" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Stress and competition take their toll on each friend's quest to take home the winning prize at the Pootatuck science fair.
- "Bawamo Shazam" (TV Land, 8:00PM ET/PT)
With Gabby and the parents arguing, a smug Maggie takes Gabby for the weekend to straighten her out. When Gabby and Maggie get along surprisingly well, Stephanie must show Gabby the “real” Maggie she grew up with.
- "Driving Ms. Crazy" (TV Land, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After getting a ticket, Gabby has to have Stephanie with her if she wants to drive, but Stephanie starts to get a little too comfortable with Gabby’s friends.
Monday, October 5
- John Stamos (Grandfathered/Jake in Progress/Full House) - Watch John on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS. He also discusses Grandfathered on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community), Dave Foley (Dr. Ken/How to Be a Gentleman/NewsRadio) and Suzy Nakamura (Dr. Ken/Help Me Help You) - Ken, Dave and Suzy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Randall Park (Fresh Off the Boat) - Randall visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nathan Lane (Charlie Lawrence/Encore! Encore!) - Nathan stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Jenna Elfman (Dharma & Greg/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex) - Jenna talks about her new movie Big Stone Gap on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kelly Jenrette (Grandfathered) - Kelly discusses her new series Grandfathered on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James talks about Life in Pieces on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny/Happily Divorced) - Fran talks about her role in the animated movie Hotel Transylvania 2 on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Maura Tierney (NewsRadio) - Maura is a guest on People Now.
- Christina Milian (Grandfathered) - Christina appears on The Real, so check your local listings.