Sunday, September 01, 2013
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of August 19-25)
- The Simpsons (Fox) 2 airings - The regular 8pm repeat did 3.23 million and a 1.37 18-49 rating, which is solid. A repeat at 7:30pm did 2.61 million and a 1.08 18-49 rating.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - preempted.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - A repeat at 8:30pm did just 2.38 million and a 1.01 18-49 rating.
- Family Guy (Fox) 2 airings - The 9pm airing did 2.78 million and a 1.22 18-49 rating, which was decent but not the best of the block. Another repeat followed at 9:30pm with 2.91 million and a 1.29 18-49 rating.
- American Dad (Fox) - A repeat aired at 7:17pm, joined in progress, following NFL pre-season action that did 2.69 million and a 1.07 18-49 rating.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - A repeat at 8pm did 4.38 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating, up a solid five tenths in 18-49 from previous week.
- Raising Hope (Fox) 2 airings - A repeat at 8pm did 2.08 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, up a tenth in 18-49 from previous week. The 8:30pm repeat did 1.79 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, also up a tenth in 18-49 from previous week.
- 2 Broke Girls (CBS) 2 airings - A repeat at 9pm did 5.12 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating, up four tenths in 18-49 from previous week. A repeat leading in at 8:30pm did 3.91 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, which was two tenths better in 18-49 than previous week's Mike & Molly in the slot.
- New Girl (Fox) - A repeat at 9 did only 1.73 million and just a 0.8 18-49 rating, but up a tenth in 18-49 from previous week. It just doesn't repeat well for an anchor at all.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - The 9:30pm encore did 5.67 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating, up a solid five tenths in 18-49 week-to-week. Nice jumps for all the CBS Monday comedies compared to the rest of this summer.
- The Mindy Project (Fox) - A repeat on Fox did 1.61 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating at 9:30pm, on par in 18-49 with previous week.
- The Middle (ABC) 2 airings - A summer repeat did 3.52 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, on par in 18-49 with previous week. A second repeat followed with a similar 3.42 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, on par with previous week's Last Man Standing in the slot.
- Modern Family (ABC) - At 9pm, a summer repeat did 3.41 million and a 1.0 rating, also on par in 18-49 with previous week as we get closer to the fall season.
- The Neighbors (ABC) - A summer repeat did 2.41 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating at 9:30pm, again on par in 18-49 with previous week. Extra exposure for the fall when it moves to Fridays following Last Man Standing.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - preempted.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) 2 airings - A repeat at 8:30pm did just 3.47 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, down nine tenths in 18-49 from previous week. With no Big Bang lead-in, maybe this is the reason why it was down? A repeat at 8pm leading in did 3.2 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, down 1.2 18-49 rating points from previous week's Big Bang in the slot, ouch.
- Parks and Recreation (NBC) - preempted.
- New Girl (Fox) - A repeat at 9pm did 1.93 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, up a tenth in 18-49 from previous week.
- The Mindy Project (Fox) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 1.78 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, on par in 18-49 with previous week.
- Last Man Standing (ABC) - An 8pm repeat did a prelim 3.33 million and a prelim 0.6 18-49 rating, on par with previous week's prelim 18-49 rating.
- The Neighbors (ABC) - An 8:30pm repeat did a prelim 2.54 million and a prelim 0.6 18-49 rating, again up a tenth in 18-49 from previous week's prelim 18-49 rating.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - A special Saturday repeat at 8 didn't do much with a prelim 2.19 million and a prelim 0.3 18-49 rating.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - A special Saturday repeat at 8:30 didn't do much with a prelim 2.36 million and a prelim 0.3 18-49 rating.
Summing it up. Repeats of Mike & Molly-Mon, How I Met Your Mother, 2 Broke Girls-9P were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of Modern Family, The Middle) or just plain old terrible (such as repeats of New Girl and The Mindy Project).
Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on TV this summer. Some highlights include: On cable, Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy are all-new this Wednesday beginning at 8pm for their summer finals. TV Land has an all-new hour of episodes of Hot in Cleveland this Wednesday at 10pm, including the season finale at 10:30pm. BET has the season finale of The Game on Tuesday at 10pm. Nick at Nite has the Scott Baio sitcom See Dad Run every Sunday at 8pm but a repeat is tonight, while Wendell & Vinnie is all-new tonight at 8:30pm. New episodes of Sam & Cat and The Haunted Hathaways air every Saturday beginning at 8pm on Nick! FX's Charlie Sheen sitcom Anger Management airs Thursdays at 9:30pm and is brand new this week. New sitcom airings are the perfect way to beat the summer blues! Look for our daily rundown of what sitcoms are airing each night every day at the bottom of the blog story so you don't miss anything!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, October 23
The Simpsons - "Treehouse of Horror XXVI" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In an encore of last season’s Halloween episode, Sideshow Bob finally kills Bart, only to reanimate him; Homer wakes up with short-term memory loss; and Lisa, Bart, and Milhouse get super powers from radiation.
Bob's Burgers - "Teen-a-Witch" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
With Halloween quickly approaching, Tina reveals her brilliant idea that will finally win her first place in the annual costume contest. When Tammy steals her idea, Tina is forced to seek the help of Mr. Ambrose, who leads her to alternate and other-worldly methods of winning. Meanwhile, Bob is on a mission to figure out who is stealing his perfectly crafted pumpkins.
The Simpsons - "Trust But Clarify" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Lisa and Bart investigate Krusty’s suspicious new “Krustaceans” candy. Meanwhile, Homer wants a promotion at the nuclear plant and asks Marge to help him dress the part, and news anchor Kent Brockman struggles to find his feet in the changing media world.
Son of Zorn - "A Taste of Zephyria" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After learning how Zephyria is depicted in the media, Zorn attempts to teach Alan about his culture. Meanwhile, Edie wages war with her new neighbors over their talking garden gnome.
Family Guy - "Inside Family Guy" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
FAMILY GUY takes viewers behind the scenes of a regular “FAMILY GUY” production week, with James Woods as the guide. See the ins-and-outs of what goes into the making of a “FAMILY GUY” episode and watch the drama unfold as Peter is replaced and ends up in the office of Fox Television Group Chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman to pitch his very own new series.
The Last Man on Earth - "Five Hoda Kotbs" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
A post-apocalyptic road trip has everyone at war with each other and Gail is really pushed to her breaking point.
Bizaardvark - "Spoiler Alert: Belissa Returns" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Paige and Frankie hit a writing slump and other bad things start happening to them, Paige begins to think they are cursed; Amelia and Dirk are at odds when the lifestyle Diva declutters the Dare Lair.
Sunday, October 23
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.