Monday, March 18, 2013
TV Land launched reruns of the HBO comedy Curb Your Enthusiasm in February by adding it to its late night line-up but now it is getting the boot in late night during the week. It's getting kicked to the curb. The comedy was airing every night from 2-3am and Sunday late nights from 2-6am, but the Mon-Sat airings have been now dropped. The comedy, which has been a big bust in syndication (TV Guide, WGN, local stations, etc.), is now only airing Sundays from approx. 3:30-6am. More That '70s Show has replaced it on the schedule, with Ashton and company airing Mon-Sat approx. 2:30-4:30am. TV Land just launched The Golden Girls this weekend, so now their focus has shifted to that series that fits the schedule much more than Curb. Betty White's '80s series is having a week-long primetime tribute this week to each Golden Girl character from Mach 18-21, 7-10pm. Then, fans take over the air! Viewers can go online now (hurry, voting closes at 11:59pm ET on Wednesday, March 20) and choose their favorite episodes on TV Land's Facebook Page, then watch the results on Friday, March 22 from 7-10pm. TV Land also has new reality series Forever Young premiering Wednesday, April 3 at 10pm for 5 weeks (to us it seems like a burn-off airings 10 episodes in 5 weeks and a series that really doesn't fit TV Land). The series, from the mind of Ashton Kutcher comes a unique social experiment: what happens when fun-loving, uninhibited twenty-somethings are unknowingly picked to live and work with strong-willed, opinionated seventy-somethings? As they compete in challenges designed to bridge the generation gap, they ultimately learn you don’t have to be old to be wise or young to be youthful! Anyway, stay with us for continued updates on TV Land. It doesn't seem TV Land will have a TV Land Awards event this year...well, at least not in April.
Antenna TV celebrates April Fool's with a "Fumbling Fools: The Three Stooges Marathon!" on April 1! Yes, celebrate April Fool's Day with a "fool" day of The Three Stooges. Antenna TV, which airs on 71 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 62% of TV households, kicks off its annual April Fool's Day marathon at 12 midnight ET on March 31 (technically April 1) and runs through 3am ET on April 2. The Fumbling Fools: Three Stooges marathon features 27 hours of yuks with 81 episodes of the Stooges. Some of the classic episodes airing are: "Pals and Gals, Some More of Samoa, Knutzy Knights;" "For Crimin' Out Loud, Dizzy Pilots, Phony Express;" "Out West, Men in Black, Hold That Lion;" "Sing a Song of Six Pants, Restless Knights, All Gummed Up;" and "The Hot Scots, Ants in the Pantry, Heavenly Daze." Stay with us in the coming weeks as we announce the Antenna TV spring schedule that will begin in late April. What shows will be leaving and coming? You'll have to stay with us!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, January 19
The Big Bang Theory - "The Romance Calibration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Penny feels that Leonard is taking her for granted, she decides to go on a spa weekend with Amy. Also, Wolowitz and Koothrappali try to fix a squeaky floorboard in the baby’s room.
The Great Indoors - "Mason Blows Up" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jack tries to reassert his dominance as a reporter after Mason scores an investigative coup that turns him into an overnight celebrity. Also, Clark’s low self-esteem causes him to give Emma relationship advice about other guys instead of asking her out himself
Mom - "Good Karma and the Big Weird" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bonnie encourages Christy to pursue Marjorie’s charming nephew, Nick, despite the fact that he’s been declared off limits. Chris Pratt, husband of MOM star Anna Faris, guest stars as Nick, Marjorie’s nephew.
Life in Pieces - "Tailgate Spiral Souvenir Seating" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Colleen and Matt host the family tailgate party at the L.A. Rams game, they invite former NFL quarterback Kurt Warner to spice up their so far dismal event. Also, Tim’s in danger of missing the game when Sophia makes him take her to the restroom and they get sidetracked returning to their seats; Joan and Jen try to sneak into seats closer to the field; and Greg wins a chance to participate in a halftime contest involving a football toss.
The Good Place - "Mindy St. Claire" / "Michael's Gambit" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the help of Chidi (William Jackson Harper) and Tahani (Jameela Jamil), Michael (Ted Danson) faces his biggest challenge yet. Meanwhile, Eleanor (Kristen Bell), Jianyu (Manny Jacinto) and Janet (D'Arcy Carden) are faced with a monumental decision.
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) and her friends contemplate their fates in the Good Place.
Baskets - "Freaks" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Chip has to decide between a tarp and snacks.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.