Monday, March 18, 2013
TV Land launched reruns of the HBO comedy Curb Your Enthusiasm in February by adding it to its late night line-up but now it is getting the boot in late night during the week. It's getting kicked to the curb. The comedy was airing every night from 2-3am and Sunday late nights from 2-6am, but the Mon-Sat airings have been now dropped. The comedy, which has been a big bust in syndication (TV Guide, WGN, local stations, etc.), is now only airing Sundays from approx. 3:30-6am. More That '70s Show has replaced it on the schedule, with Ashton and company airing Mon-Sat approx. 2:30-4:30am. TV Land just launched The Golden Girls this weekend, so now their focus has shifted to that series that fits the schedule much more than Curb. Betty White's '80s series is having a week-long primetime tribute this week to each Golden Girl character from Mach 18-21, 7-10pm. Then, fans take over the air! Viewers can go online now (hurry, voting closes at 11:59pm ET on Wednesday, March 20) and choose their favorite episodes on TV Land's Facebook Page, then watch the results on Friday, March 22 from 7-10pm. TV Land also has new reality series Forever Young premiering Wednesday, April 3 at 10pm for 5 weeks (to us it seems like a burn-off airings 10 episodes in 5 weeks and a series that really doesn't fit TV Land). The series, from the mind of Ashton Kutcher comes a unique social experiment: what happens when fun-loving, uninhibited twenty-somethings are unknowingly picked to live and work with strong-willed, opinionated seventy-somethings? As they compete in challenges designed to bridge the generation gap, they ultimately learn you don’t have to be old to be wise or young to be youthful! Anyway, stay with us for continued updates on TV Land. It doesn't seem TV Land will have a TV Land Awards event this year...well, at least not in April.
Antenna TV celebrates April Fool's with a "Fumbling Fools: The Three Stooges Marathon!" on April 1! Yes, celebrate April Fool's Day with a "fool" day of The Three Stooges. Antenna TV, which airs on 71 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 62% of TV households, kicks off its annual April Fool's Day marathon at 12 midnight ET on March 31 (technically April 1) and runs through 3am ET on April 2. The Fumbling Fools: Three Stooges marathon features 27 hours of yuks with 81 episodes of the Stooges. Some of the classic episodes airing are: "Pals and Gals, Some More of Samoa, Knutzy Knights;" "For Crimin' Out Loud, Dizzy Pilots, Phony Express;" "Out West, Men in Black, Hold That Lion;" "Sing a Song of Six Pants, Restless Knights, All Gummed Up;" and "The Hot Scots, Ants in the Pantry, Heavenly Daze." Stay with us in the coming weeks as we announce the Antenna TV spring schedule that will begin in late April. What shows will be leaving and coming? You'll have to stay with us!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 23
Downward Dog - "Boundaries" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Nan installs an automatic dog door so she can take away Jason’s key but still keep him as Martin’s dog walker, Martin is convinced he can suddenly open doors with his mind, and the new-found power goes to his head. Meanwhile at work, Nan’s boss is unable to understand the new ad campaign Nan sold to the corporate bosses, and he spirals into confusion.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Bank Job" / "Crime & Punishment" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jake and Rosa continue their search for a bank-robbing operation with Lieutenant Hawkins (guest star Gina Gershon), they realize there’s more to her team than meets the eye. After discovering a dangerous secret, they call for back-up from Holt and Pimento (guest star Jason Mantzoukas). Meanwhile, Boyle objects to Gina’s new boyfriend (guest star Ryan Phillipe). Then, Jake and Rosa are framed for a crime they didn’t commit, it’s up to the Nine-Nine to find a way to bust them out.
Great News - "Carol Has a Bully" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Carol (Andrea Martin) has a midterm she must pass in order to keep her internship. Katie (Briga Heelan) needs to choose between helping her mom and focusing on her hacking story, which she can't seem to crack. Meanwhile, Greg's (Adam Campbell) wealthy estranged grandmother (guest star Christina Pickles) pays a visit to the office. Chuck (John Michael Higgins) finds her cold and cruel, but almost immediately falls in love with her.
Great News - "Carol's Eleven" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) makes a huge discovery about the story she's been chasing and, with the help of Carol (Andrea Martin) and the rest of the staff, concocts a scheme to get the story out. Greg (Adam Campbell) struggles with balancing his conflicting loyalties to his family, co-workers and conscience.
Mann & Wife - "Mann, Shut Yo Mouth" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Struggling to solve a tough case, an exhausted Daniel falls asleep and wakes up in a 70's blaxploitation cop show.
Tuesday, May 23
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Catch Terry on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Rob Huebel (Trasparent/Burning Love) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to The Captain/Gary Unmarried), Andrew Santino (I'm Dying Up Here/Sin City Saints) and Erik Griffin (I'm Dying Up Here) - Al, Andrew and Erik are guests on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (I'm Dying Up Here/Bad Teacher) - Ari stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ben Falcone (Nobodies/A to Z/Joey) - Ben drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Abigail Breslin (Scream Queens) - Abigail appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Ryan, so check your listings.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim talks about her new book Girling Up: How to Be Strong, Smart and Spectacular and The Big Bang Theory on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle teams up with Clinton Kelly to grill up a great entrée on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nicole Byer ( Loosely Exactly Nicole) - Nicole is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- The Love Boat Cast - The cast of The Love Boat reunites on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie talks about Beat Shazam on AOL Build Show 4pm.