Monday, March 18, 2013
TV Land launched reruns of the HBO comedy Curb Your Enthusiasm in February by adding it to its late night line-up but now it is getting the boot in late night during the week. It's getting kicked to the curb. The comedy was airing every night from 2-3am and Sunday late nights from 2-6am, but the Mon-Sat airings have been now dropped. The comedy, which has been a big bust in syndication (TV Guide, WGN, local stations, etc.), is now only airing Sundays from approx. 3:30-6am. More That '70s Show has replaced it on the schedule, with Ashton and company airing Mon-Sat approx. 2:30-4:30am. TV Land just launched The Golden Girls this weekend, so now their focus has shifted to that series that fits the schedule much more than Curb. Betty White's '80s series is having a week-long primetime tribute this week to each Golden Girl character from Mach 18-21, 7-10pm. Then, fans take over the air! Viewers can go online now (hurry, voting closes at 11:59pm ET on Wednesday, March 20) and choose their favorite episodes on TV Land's Facebook Page, then watch the results on Friday, March 22 from 7-10pm. TV Land also has new reality series Forever Young premiering Wednesday, April 3 at 10pm for 5 weeks (to us it seems like a burn-off airings 10 episodes in 5 weeks and a series that really doesn't fit TV Land). The series, from the mind of Ashton Kutcher comes a unique social experiment: what happens when fun-loving, uninhibited twenty-somethings are unknowingly picked to live and work with strong-willed, opinionated seventy-somethings? As they compete in challenges designed to bridge the generation gap, they ultimately learn you don’t have to be old to be wise or young to be youthful! Anyway, stay with us for continued updates on TV Land. It doesn't seem TV Land will have a TV Land Awards event this year...well, at least not in April.
Antenna TV celebrates April Fool's with a "Fumbling Fools: The Three Stooges Marathon!" on April 1! Yes, celebrate April Fool's Day with a "fool" day of The Three Stooges. Antenna TV, which airs on 71 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 62% of TV households, kicks off its annual April Fool's Day marathon at 12 midnight ET on March 31 (technically April 1) and runs through 3am ET on April 2. The Fumbling Fools: Three Stooges marathon features 27 hours of yuks with 81 episodes of the Stooges. Some of the classic episodes airing are: "Pals and Gals, Some More of Samoa, Knutzy Knights;" "For Crimin' Out Loud, Dizzy Pilots, Phony Express;" "Out West, Men in Black, Hold That Lion;" "Sing a Song of Six Pants, Restless Knights, All Gummed Up;" and "The Hot Scots, Ants in the Pantry, Heavenly Daze." Stay with us in the coming weeks as we announce the Antenna TV spring schedule that will begin in late April. What shows will be leaving and coming? You'll have to stay with us!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, October 26
The Goldbergs - "Stefan King" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Adam’s love of Stephen King inspires him to try his hand at horror writing. After learning the monster in Adam’s story is based off Beverly, she forces Adam to stay in on Halloween and rewrite it, hoping he depicts her as a better mother. Meanwhile, Erica is desperate to find a date to the costume dance and forces Barry go with her.
Speechless - "H-A-L-- HALLOWEEN" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jimmy is upset the kids no longer want to participate in the family tradition of dressing up for Halloween. Maya tries to cheer up Jimmy by allowing him to do things he loves by taking things off the family “Dead to Me” list. Meanwhile, Ray recruits Dylan to help work the school’s haunted mansion while Kenneth is scared of losing his job when JJ gets drunk at a party. Even though Maya is furious, she is thrilled to see JJ having a “normal” life.
Modern Family - "Halloween 4: The Revenge of Rod Skyhook" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Luke’s Halloween party isn’t the monster bash he dreamed of and is at risk of having the worst party of the year. Sensing trouble, the rest of the Dunphy’s realize all his party needs is a visit from Rod Skyhook, a little promotion and some adult supervision to get it started. Meanwhile at the Tucker-Pritchett home, Cam faces off with his Halloween nemesis while Lily and Mitchell try to save the day and work to keep him from going to the darkside. Finally, when Jay finds out that Manny is going to a party at the home of an old enemy, he enlists him to deliver a trick he will never forget.
black-ish - "The Purge" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After Junior embarrasses Dre during a basketball game, Dre decides to remind Junior of his master pranking skills so he’ll never challenge him again. Meanwhile, the neighborhood participates in a “mischief night” during Halloween where petty crimes become legal, and Ruby takes it too far with the kids.
Younger - "P Is for Pancake" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Kelsey dates a seemingly perfect guy, but Liza and Lauren think it’s too soon. At a party of doctors, Josh puts his relationship with Liza under the microscope.
Impastor - "Sins of the Past-or Part 2" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Dora’s and Alexa’s lives are both in jeopardy and Buddy must choose which one to save. Russell and Dora have a falling out. Schmidt is robbed.
You're the Worst - "The Seventh Layer" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Vernon and Paul take a road trip.
Wednesday, October 26
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Watch Joel on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Colin Hanks (Life in Pieces) - Colin appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Colton Dunn (Superstore), Lauren Ash (Superstore/Super Fun Night and Nico Santos (Superstore) - Colton, Lauren and Nico are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Donald Glover (Atlanta/Community) - Donald appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - See what happens when Dr. Oz visits the set of Dr. Ken on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John talks about The Crown on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Boris Kodjoe (The Last Man on Earth/Second Time Around) - Boris joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Issa Rae (Insecure) - Issa is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Colin Hanks (Life in Pieces) - Colin talks about Life in Pieces on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Marisa Tomei (A Different World) - Marisa appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Betsy Brandt (Life in Pieces/The Michael J. Fox Show) - Betsy talks about Life in PieceS on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.