Friday, February 22, 2013
New Classic TV Block on The Hub, Where YOU Rule; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of February 25, 2013)
The Hub TV Network has announced "You Rule Thursdays," a weekly programming block giving viewers a chance to remotely control the shows they watch on the network during the Thursday primetime hours of 9pm–midnight ET (with an encore from 3-6am). On Thursday, February 28, at 9pm ET, following a special programming block featuring past Academy Awards® winners in popular Hub sitcoms, viewers will go to http://hubworld.com/YouRule to vote on the shows that will air the following Thursday (March 7). Each week of "You Rule Thursdays" will be themed with a different common element that links Hub shows, including Mork and Mindy, Happy Days, The Facts of Life, Family Ties, Laverne & Shirley and more. Selected themes for the first few weeks of the new "You Rule Thursdays" are as follows:
• March 7 – Favorite Classic TV Sitcom, Part 1
• March 14 - Favorite Classic TV Sitcom, Part 2
• March 21 – Favorite Sitcom Character Crossover Episodes
• March 28 – Favorite Sitcom Episodes Featuring Celebrity Guest Star
Fans can go to http://hubworld.com/YouRule to view select clips, preview artwork, and cast their votes. Viewers can vote as often as they like. The voting results in all categories will be revealed on-air during the "You Rule Thursdays," programming block from 9pm-midnight ET, so you'll have to tune in! Before "You Rule Thursdays" begins, the block will feature "Favorite Sitcom Episodes Featuring Oscar® Winning Guest Stars" chosen by The Hub! The Facts of Life kicks it off with two episodes with George Clooney from 9-10pm ("Into the Frying Pan" and "The Reunion"). Then at 10pm, Tom Hanks guest stars on the two-part Family Ties episode "The Fugitive." At 11pm, we have another episode of The Facts of Life, this time with guest star Helen Hunt on the classic first season episode "Dope." And finally at 11:30pm, Anjelica Huston guest stars on the Laverne & Shirley episode "An Affair to Forget." The block will be preceded by an hour of ALF every Thursday from 8-9pm (encores 2-3am). "Ha!"
Stay with us for continued updates and let's hope The Hub has some tricks up their sleeves for the selection of shows we can choose from. You could probably expect all of the sitcoms that they air like the ones mentioned above and others like Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Doogie Howser M.D. and maybe even The Wonder Years again? You'll have to stay tuned! It's make your own classic TV on The Hub!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of February 25-March 1, 2013, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, February 25, 2013
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Watch Alec on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Felicity Huffman (Sports Night) - Felicity is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (Reno 911!/Rules of Engagement) - Wendi visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Brooke Shields (Suddenly Susan) - Brooke guest co-hosts The View on Monday and Tuesday on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Catch Kevin on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (Reno 911!/Rules of Engagement) - Wendi is a guest on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tina Fey (30 Rock) - Watch Tina on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse appears on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- David Duchovny (Californication) - David is a guest on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- J.B. Smoove (Curb Your Enthusiasm/'Til Death) - J.B. visits The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Tom Lennon (Reno 911!) - Tom stops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne) - Johnny appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Charlie Sheen (Anger Management/Two and a Half Men) - Catch Charlie on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Steve drops by The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Jim appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- David Duchovny (Californication) - David continues to make the rounds on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zach Braff (Scrubs) - Zach visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Watch Jerry on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- David Duchovny (Californication) - David wraps up his appearances this week on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Regina King (227) - Co-host Clinton Kelly teams with Regina to create cowboy rice and fried eggs on The Chew on ABC at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Terry Crews (Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry guest co-hosts "Guy Day Friday" on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, April 25
The Middle - "Trip and Fall" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Trashy neighbor Rita Glossner (Brooke Shields) talks an apprehensive Frankie into taking a road trip to an unknown destination; Mike takes an embarrassing fall at the quarry and has to deal with even more embarrassment when OSHA is called in to investigate; and Sue attempts to convince Axl to end his estrangement with the family after learning their true feelings about April.
American Housewife - "The Otto Motto" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Taylor keeps quitting school activities, Greg says that Katie, quite the quitter herself, sets a poor example. He challenges her to finally learn French after quitting lessons so long ago, so she reluctantly enrolls in a college class.
Speechless - "S-I-- SICK D-A-- DAY" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Maya gets sick, Jimmy is forced to be the mom of the house, and Dylan becomes Kenneth’s replacement for JJ when Kenneth also gets sick. Jimmy ends up doing well with Maya’s normal duties, but he tries to keep it from her to avoid her feeling bad. Meanwhile, JJ protects Dylan from a boy she’s interested in. And despite its illness, the family bands together and pulls an all-nighter to finish Ray’s school project.
Imaginary Mary - "In a World Where Worlds Collide" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Alice freaks out when her friends want to meet Ben. But when an outing with everyone goes surprisingly well, Alice wants to meet Ben’s friends. However, Ben is hesitant but devises a plan that will impress Alice; but later, he makes a surprising admission.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Last Ride" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
In what could be their last case as partners, Jake and Charles go to great extremes to apprehend a local bike thief. Terry shockingly isn’t in the lead for “Mr. Nine-Nine” (the detective who has solved the most cases), leaving Rosa determined to boost his ego. Meanwhile, Amy spends some precious time with Holt.
The Mick - "The Implant" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Sabrina tells Mickey she wants to augment her figure, so Mickey decides the best way to dissuade her from doing so is to do a test-run in public. Meanwhile, Jimmy takes Chip and Ben to a baseball game to teach them how to be more masculine.
Great News - "Pilot" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan), a frustrated cable news producer, is horrified when her mom, Carol (Andrea Martin), gets an internship at "The Breakdown." Despite Katie's best efforts, Carol is instantly beloved by the entire office, including blowhard veteran anchor Chuck (John Michael Higgins). But when Katie hits a roadblock while producing a big story, she realizes that maybe having a mom at work isn't such a bad thing.
Great News - "Bear Attack" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) tries to set workplace boundaries with Carol (Andrea Martin), but when a big story about an escaped bear lands in her lap, her mom can't help but meddle. Meanwhile, Greg (Adam Campbell) tries to get Chuck (John Michael Higgins) and Portia (Nicole Richie) to do a little friendly banter at the end of the show.
The Detour - "The Mule" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Robin and Nate live out their action movie fantasies as they make their way to the kids, who are actually doing fine without them.
The Detour - "The Ass" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
The family reunites, but this time Robin makes a huge mistake.
Tuesday, April 25
- Amanda Peet (Brockmire/Togetherness/Bent) - Catch Amanda on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. She also appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Sanaa stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Reid Scott (Veep/My Boys) - Reid visits Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Arden Myrin (Working) - Arden appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Andrea Martin (Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Patti will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea talks about Good News on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Jason talks about The Detour on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Ross Lynch (Austin & Ally) - Ross opens up about his new movie My Friend Dahmer on People Now at 8:30am.
- Tim Daly (Wings) - Tim is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Peter Engel (Producer of Saved by the Bell/California Dreams/Hang Time) - Peter dishes about his new memoir I Was Saved by the Bell on the The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.
- Sherri Shepherd (Trial & Error/Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Danny DeVito (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia/Taxi) - Danny appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.