Friday, January 11, 2013
The move from ABC to TBS was off to a decent start for one sitcom. TBS's Cougar Town scored solid deliveries among the network's target demos this past Tuesday night at 10pm, drawing more than 1.3 million adults 18-49 (1.1 rating) and 613,000 adults 18-34 (0.9 rating) in Live + Same Day following a syndicated repeat of The Big Bang Theory at 9:30. The season opener also welcomed a total of 2.18 million viewers and a 1.5 household rating, as it launched in its new network home and skewed very young. All this is lower than the last two comedy premieres -- Men at Work: 2.65 million total and 1.63 million adults 18-49 -- Sullivan & Son: 2.5 million total viewers and the same 1.3 million adults 18-49. However, those were brand new series, while Cougar Town was a fourth season debut. And those shows were multi-camera and dropped some in subsequent weeks, but TBS still picked them up for second seasons. Cougar Town was picked-up for a fourth and fifth season on TBS and if it keeps these ratings up, it will be fine with less pressure here on TBS.
Cougar Town - which stars Courteney Cox, Brian Van Holt, Christa Miller, Ian Gomez, Josh Hopkins, Busy Philipps and Dan Byrd - airs Tuesday nights at 10 p.m. (ET/PT), exclusively on TBS. The series follows a family of friends who keep things funny as they support each other through the challenges and pitfalls of life - with a little dysfunction and a whole lot of wine.
Home Improvement reunion tonight on Tim Allen's Last Man Standing at 8|7c on ABC. Richard Karn guests.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of January 14-18, 2013, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, January 14, 2013
- Charlie Sheen (Anger Management/Two and a Half Men) - Watch Charlie on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Billy Connolly (Head of the Class/Billy) - Billy appears on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Ellen DeGeneres (Ellen) - Ellen is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jenna Elfman (1600 Penn/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Beth Behrs (2 Broke Girls) - Beth stops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jada Pinkett Smith (A Different World) - Tune in to see Jada on Katie, so check your local listings.
- Tia Mowry (The Game/Sister, Sister) - Tia appears on The Jeff Probst Show, so check your local listings.
- Lisa Whelchel (The Facts of Life) - Lisa will be the guest co-host of The Jeff Probst Show for the foreseeable future, so check your local listings.
- Valerie Harper (Rhoda/The Mary Tyler Moore Show/Valerie's Family) - Valerie discusses her book, I, Rhoda, on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am. She also chats on Joy Behar: Say Anything! at 9pm on Current TV.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Catch Jennifer on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- D.L. Hughley (The Hughleys) - D.L. is a guest on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Rob Lowe (Parks and Recreation) - Rob appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Tune in to see Lena on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Bill Pullman (1600 Penn) - Bill drops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Charlie Sheen (Anger Management/Two and a Half Men) - Charlie continues to make the rounds on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Valerie Harper (Rhoda/The Mary Tyler Moore Show/Valerie's Family) - Valerie is a guest on The Jeff Probst Show, so check your local listings.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) - Carl appears with Mel Brooks on Joy Behar: Say Anything! at 9pm on Current TV.
- Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Kevin stops by The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Watch Ray on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Frasier) - Ted appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Charlie Sheen (Anger Management/Two and a Half Men) - Charlie drops by ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am. He will also be on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Valerie Harper (Rhoda/Valerie's Family) - Valerie will speak out about her lung cancer diagnosis on Katie, so check your local listings.
- Frankie Muniz (Malcolm in the Middle - Frankie talks about his "mini-stroke" on Katie, so check your local listings.
- Luis Guzmán (How to Make it in America/Luis) - Luis visits The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy appears on Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Rob Lowe (Parks and Recreation) - Catch Rob on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Lena continues to make the rounds on Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Josh Hopkins (Cougar Town) - Josh is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Charlie Sheen (Anger Management/Two and a Half Men - Charlie chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Josh Gad (1600 Penn/Back to You) - Josh appears on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Josh Gad (1600 Penn/Back to You) - Watch Josh on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Chris Elliott (Get a Life) - Chris appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- D.L. Hughley (The Hughleys) - D.L. guest co-hosts Anderson Live, so check your local listings.
- Tom Arnold (Tom/Roseanne) - Tom guest co-hosts "Guy Day Friday" on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Itchy Brain Simulation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Leonard tries to keep Sheldon from overreacting when a past mistake comes to light, but Sheldon punishes Leonard by making him walk a mile in his shoes. Meanwhile, Penny confronts Raj’s ex-girlfriend, Lucy.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Scavenger Vortex" (CBS, 8:30PM T/PT) (Repeat)
When the entire gang competes in a scavenger hunt designed by Raj, it brings out the best – and worst – in everyone.
The Crazy Ones - "The Monster" / "The Lighthouse" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Season Finale)
"The Monster" - Simon and the team try an out-of-the-box idea in order to save a library from being shut down, and Gordon literally becomes the unwilling poster boy for the campaign. Brad Garrett returns as Gordon Lewis, Gayle King guest stars as herself and Melody Thomas Scott guest stars as Flora, the librarian.
"The Lighthouse" - When a corporation wants to buy out Lewis, Roberts+Roberts, Gordon calls in the board to vote, and Simon’s ex-wife and Sydney’s mom has the final say. Brad Garrett returns as Gordon Lewis and Marilu Henner guest stars as Simon’s ex-wife and Sydney’s mother.
Surviving Jack - "Rhythm Is a Dancer" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
It's homecoming night, but Frankie is bummed that his crush, Heather (guest star Lili Reinhart), is promised to another date and Rachel is protesting the school's "No Grinding" policy. Meanwhile, with the kids out of the house, Jack and Joanne (Rachael Harris) are planning a passionate night to themselves.
Community - "Basic Sandwich" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Season Finale)
The group learns the history of Greendale’s first Dean, Russell Borchert (guest star Chris Elliott, “Eagleheart”), a reclusive, wealthy genius who disappeared amid a personal scandal in the 1970s. Once Shirley (Yvette Nicole Brown) and Hickey (Jonathan Banks) locate the school’s blueprints, Annie (Alison Brie) and Abed (Danny Pudi) lead the search for Borchert’s old computer lab, which was sealed off years ago. Subway returns to Greendale with plans to take over the campus for a Subway University and they enlist Chang (Ken Jeong) to secretly keep tabs on the study group. Meanwhile, Jeff (Joel McHale) and Britta (Gillian Jacobs) make a grown-up decision about their futures.
Parks and Recreation - "One in 8,000" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Leslie (Amy Poehler) and Ben (Adam Scott) run a charity auction to raise funds for the unity concert. April (Aubrey Plaza) steps in to manage Andy’s (Chris Pratt) schedule, while Donna (Retta) asks Ron (Nick Offerman) for help with her ex-boyfriend (Special Guest Star KEEGAN MICHAEL-KEY).
Sirens - "Itsy Bitsy Spider" (USA Network, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Hank fears spiders; Brian encounters his suicidal doppelganger; Johnny gets payback.
Saint George - "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" (FX, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Hit Me with Your Best Shot - George kicks Alma out of his house and discovers he misses fighting with her.
Anger Management - "Charlie Catches Jordan in the Act" (FX, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Charlie goes ballistic when a drunk Jordan makes out with a prisoner.
- "Buy Any Jeans Necessary" (Nick at Nite, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After Gabby is held for shoplifting for returning a pair of jeans with the sensor still on, Stephanie and Charlie take sides. Meanwhile, James is selling their unopened wedding presents to make extra cash.
See Dad Run - "See Dad Teach Emily to Drive" (Nick at Nite, 8:30PM ET/PT)
David takes Emily out driving, but his "coaching" makes her nervous, and he insists Emily's not ready for the responsibility. Later, Janie discovers Dr. Monkey Chunks was run over in the driveway, and now everyone is a suspect.
Thursday, April 17
- Billy Crystal (Soap) - Catch Billy on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tony Hale (Veep/Arrested Development) - Tony appears on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Brooklyn Decker (Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Judy Greer (Mad Love/Arrested Development/Miss Guided) - Judy drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- David Duchovny (Californication) - David talks about the new season of Californication on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl) - Max speaks about the new film About Alex on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea chats on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi talks about her new Lifetime movie A Day Late and a Dollar Short on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie) - Edie talks about Nurse Jackie on NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Heather Graham (Californication) - Heather talks about Californication on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Jeremy Piven (Entourage/Ellen) - Jeremy is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Margo Martindale (The Millers) - Margo will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Neil discusses his new role on Broadway in Hedwig and the Angry Itch on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Jason Alexander (Seinfeld/Listen Up) - Jason is a guest on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Valerie Harper (Rhoda/The Mary Tyler Moore Show/Valerie) - Valerie talks about Signed, Sealed, Delivered on Fox & Friends on Fox News Channel. She will be on Fox News Radio at 8:45am. She takes a SiriusXM Radio tour with Perri Peltz Shade 45 with SWAY, Morrning Jolt with Larry Flick, Entertainment Weekly Radio between 9:35-11:20am.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo will be on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York at 9:20am.
- Ana Ortiz (A.U.S.A./Kristin) - Ana chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. She also talks about the new season of Devious Maids (premieres April 20 at 10pm on Lifetime) on Arise TV.