Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Kaley Cuoco Returns to Host People's Choice Awards; John Ritter Foundation for Aortic Health Running At ING New York City Marathon
Kaley Cuoco, the female lead of CBS's The Big Bang Theory, will return to host The People's Choice Awards 2013 for a second consecutive year, LIVE from the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles, on Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2013 from 9:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT, on CBS. The People's Choice Awards is the only major awards show where fans determine the categories, nominees and winners across multiple genres of movies, music and television. Beginning Oct. 23, fans will have the opportunity to narrow down a selection of nominees in each of more than 40 categories. Voting will take place online at www.Peopleschoice.com/nominees until Friday, Nov. 2.
Prior to her role as "Penny" on The Big Bang Theory, winner of the 2010 People's Choice Award for Favorite TV Comedy, Kaley Cuoco was best known to television audiences for her role as Bridget Hennesy in the sitcom 8 Simple Rules, winner of the 2003 People's Choice Award for Favorite New TV Comedy. This year, Cuoco starred opposite Rob Lowe in the Lifetime movie Untouchable: The Drew Peterson Story. She was also seen in The Last Ride, an independent film which tells the story of Hank Williams's final days, and in 2011, she co-starred in the family comedy HOP, with James Marsden and Russell Brand. Recently, Cuoco wrapped production on Scribble, an indie comedy about a group of aspiring writers.
Stay with us for full details on the nominations for the 39th annual event in a few weeks!
The late great John Ritter continues to do good for the world. His youngest son Tyler Ritter, Watkins Little (the "Ridiculously Photogenic Guy"), thoracic aortic disease survivors and an aortic surgeon will be among the 15 Team Ritter runners dedicated to raising money for the John Ritter Foundation for Aortic Health (JRF) at the ING New York City Marathon on Sunday, Nov. 4, 2012. Funds from the NYC Marathon raised for the JRF will go to the John Ritter Research Program in Aortic and Vascular Diseases (JRRP) at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) to support research to identify genetic risks for aortic dissections. To donate, visit Edward Norton's Crowdrise online fundraising community.
"We are so proud and grateful to be one of the official charities of this year's NYC Marathon and have the opportunity to raise much-needed funds for life-saving research and education," said actress, writer and aortic health advocate Amy Yasbeck, the widow of legendary comic actor John Ritter, who died from an acute aortic dissection in 2003. "For Team Ritter, we looked for people who are passionate about increasing awareness of aortic dissection and its risk factors and committed to raising funds to support the JRF." As we all know John Ritter, 54, died from an undiagnosed aortic dissection on Sept. 11, 2003 after he experienced chest pain while rehearsing for an episode of his ABC hit comedy 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter. After John's death, his brother was found to be at an increased risk for an aortic dissection and underwent surgery to prevent the dissection. Yasbeck formed the John Ritter Foundation for Aortic Health after John's death and the John Ritter Research Program at UTHealth was established in 2010. John's youngest son Tyler Ritter will be joined in the race by his wife, actress Lelia Parma, whose grandfather suffers from thoracic aortic disease. "By joining Team Ritter, we hope we can raise awareness that will help in effectively diagnosing and treating the disease at its earliest stages," Ritter said.
Other team members include aortic disease survivors; family or friends of people who have suffered from aortic and other cardiovascular diseases; and medical professionals who treat patients with aortic disease. The following are stories of their very personal journeys to the starting line of the ING New York City Marathon.
Please donate for this very good cause and help do good in the world like John Ritter did and how his name will always do. Watch the "Marathon Morning Across America" broadcast on WABC-7 throughout the NYC tri-state area from 9:00am to 2:00pm ET and on ESPN2 nationally from 9:00am to 12:30pm. A national highlight show will air on all ABC stations from 4:00 to 6:00pm ET/PT. Go Team Ritter!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, December 4
The Simpsons - "The Last Traction Hero" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
A workplace accident leaves Homer in a cast, and in a position to sue Mr. Burns. This leaves Marge unfulfilled, so she turns to an unexpected source for romance. Meanwhile, Lisa is made “Bus Monitor” and tries to keep the peace.
Son of Zorn - "Return of the Drinking Buddy" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Zorn’s old friend Headbutt Man (guest voice Rob Riggle) is coming to town. Unfortunately for Zorn, Headbutt Man is now sober. Meanwhile, Alan is invited to a party where his crush, Nancy (guest star Emily Wong), will be. Unfortunately, he has to take Headbutt man’s daughter with him.
Family Guy - "Carter and Tricia" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Carter buys the Pawtucket Patriot brewery and decides to cut some corners to save a few bucks. Peter overhears the plan and runs and tells investigative journalist Tricia Takanawa about Carter’s plan to use toxic chemicals in the beer cans. Meanwhile, Brian’s drivers’ license has expired and he enlists Stewie as an instructor.
The Last Man on Earth - "Whitney Houston, We Have a Problem" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After finding a mysterious note left by Melissa that says “Goodbye,” the gang sets off to go look for her. Meanwhile, Gail gets stuck on a solo adventure of her own.
K.C. Undercover - "Holly Holly Not So Jolly" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Christmas time arrives and K.C. tells everyone she has to go pick up a last-minute gift, but instead goes to The Organization's therapist, Dr. Levinstein.
Mech X-4 - "Let's Survive in the Woods!" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Principal Grey sets a trap for Ryan, Harris and Spyder while they're on a camping trip, which leaves MECH-X4 and Mark in danger.
Best Friends Whenever - "The Christmas Curse" (Disney Channel, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Shelby and Cyd encourage a homesick Daisy to incorporate a festive 16th-century tradition into their annual Christmas party.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.