Friday, October 05, 2012
ABC Family Orders 4th Season of Pretty Little Liars; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of October 8, 2012)
ABC Family announced that the network has picked up a fourth season of its hit original series Pretty Little Liars. The all new season will consist of 24 one-hour episodes that will start to air in summer 2013. But before that, we have still have the second half season three left! Pretty Little Liars will air a special Halloween-themed episode on Tuesday, Oct. 23 at 8:00PM ET/PT, as part of the network's "13 Nights of Halloween" programming event, and then will return with the rest of season three in January 2013. A return date for January has not been announced yet, so stay tuned for that. It will likely be Mondays at 8, like it normally is in winter/spring.
ABC Family's #1 series of all time, Pretty Little Liars ranked as cable TV's #1 series of summer 2012 in viewers 12-34 (2.6 million/2.8 rating) and Females 12-34 (2.2 million/5.0 rating), the #1 scripted basic cable TV series in Women 18-34 (1.2 million/3.7 rating) and the #1 series in Female Teens (1.0 million/8.6 rating). In its time period, "Pretty Little Liars" was easily the #1 cable TV show on Tuesdays at 8 o'clock throughout the season across target 18-34, 1849 and 12-34 demos. The August 28 mid-season finale exploded social media sites across America, breaking the show's own previous records, generating more than 709,000 tweets, peaking at an impressive 36,000 tweets per minute. With an all-day catch-up marathon and finale, Pretty Little Liars generated 1.9 million tweets, including more than 1.2 million between 8:00 and 10:00 pm. Moreover, according to SocialGuide, Pretty Little Liars became the #1 "most social" TV series episode in history, breaking records with over 1.6 million comments.
Pretty Little Liars fans have been able to fill the void left when the show went off the air in August with ABCFamily.com's new webisode series Pretty Dirty Secrets. The webisode series has been a tremendous hit with fans, vastly exceeding any short-form video series ever done on ABCFamily.com. The debut alone garnered over half a million views in 24 hours.
In the special Halloween-themed episode, entitled "This Is a Dark Ride" and airs Tuesday, Oct. 23 at 8PM ET/PT, Aria, Emily, Hanna and Spencer are looking forward to some good old Halloween fun now that the traumatic events with Nate are behind them. But once aboard the Rosewood Ghost Train, the girls are in for much more than just some childish trick or treats. With "A" running amuck and unexpected party-goers popping up at every turn, this Halloween event becomes one killer party. Musical guest star Adam Lambert performs his songs "Trespassing" and "Cuckoo," from his latest album "Trespassing," during the Halloween festivities.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of October 8-12, 2012, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, October 8, 2012
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Watch Max on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenny McCarthy (Two and a Half Men/Jenny) - Jenny visits Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Rob Corddry (Happy Endings/The Winner) - Rob is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Thomas Gibson (Dharma & Greg) - Thomas chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Kevin James (The King of Queens) - Catch Kevin on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS. Here Comes the Boom opens in theaters on October 12.
- Chris Elliott (Get a Life) - Chris stops by The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Will Arnett (Up All Night/Arrested Development) - Will appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show) - Mila is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Matthew Perry (Go On/Mr. Sunshine/Friends) - Matthew visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Justin Bartha (The New Normal) - Justin drops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Rob Lowe (Parks and Recreation) - Rob joins the GMA team in the 8am hour on ABC.
- John Goodman (Roseanne) - John discusses his new movie Argo on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am. Argo opens in theaters on October 12.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Nick on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea is a guest on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Kevin James (The King of Queens) - Kevin continues to make the rounds on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings. He will later be on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Chris Elliott (Get a Life) - Chris appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Tina Fey (30 Rock) - Tina visits Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Jennifer Esposito (Spin City/Samantha Who?) - Jennifer drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Eric is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Rain Pryor (Head of the Class/Rude Awakening) - Rain appears on Joy Behar: Say Anything! on Current TV at 6pm.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Bryan talks about his new movie Argo on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Megan Mullally (Will & Grace/Parks and Recreation/Breaking In) - Catch Megan on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Neil appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Christina Applegate (Up All Night/Samantha Who?/Married with Children) - Christina stops by Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Bryan is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings. He will later be on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Denis Leary (The Job) - Tune in to see Denis on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Allison Janney (Mr. Sunshine) - Allison visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Peri Gilpin (Frasier) - Peri talks about the campaign to stomp out breast cancer on Marie on Hallmark Channel at 12pm ET/PT.
- Brooke Shields (Suddenly Susan) - Brooke joins the GMA team in the 8am hour on ABC.
- John Goodman (Roseanne) - Watch John on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney visits The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC. Whitney - Season One is available on DVD on October 9.
- Ellie Kemper (The Office) - Ellie appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Michael chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Megan Mullally (Will & Grace/Parks and Recreation/Breaking In) - Megan continues to make the rounds on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Zachary Knighton (Happy Endings) - Zachary drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Shawnee Smith (Anger Management/Becker) - Shawnee talks about Anger Management on Marie on Hallmark Channel at 12pm ET/PT.
- The Larry Sanders Show Cast - The cast of The Larry Sanders Show reunites on GMA's All-Star Reunion Blowout between 7-9am on ABC.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days) and Kevin James (The King of Queens) - Henry and Kevin talk about their new movie Here Comes the Boom on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, January 24
The Middle - "A Tough Pill to Swallow" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When a devastated Sue discovers that she has been kicked out of college because she forgot to renew her financial aid, Mike tries to come to her rescue and convince a tough college bursar to reinstate her. Meanwhile, having only taken oral liquid medication all of his life, a frustrated Frankie does everything in her power to teach Brick how to swallow a pill when he gets an ear infection; and Hutch becomes angry with Axl after he keeps driving the Winnebago without permission to Orson to visit new girlfriend April – leaving Hutch without any means of transportation to get to class.
American Housewife - "Art Show" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Anna-Kat draws a super plus-sized portrait of Katie for the school art show, Katie sets out to retrieve it by any means necessary. Meanwhile, with Katie away, Doris is left in charge of Oliver and Taylor. She’s determined to whip them into shape with her Tiger Mom skills, but she may have met her match.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Coming From America" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Louis flies the entire family to Taiwan in an effort to make things right with Gene (Ken Jeong). Upon meeting Gene’s beautiful fiancé, Margaret, and seeing the wonderful life he has built for himself, Louis questions whether his life in Orlando is just as great as it could be in Taiwan. Meanwhile, Jessica takes Eddie, Emery and Evan to her favorite childhood locales, including Dihua Street and Shilin Night Market.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Match" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Jimmy recruits a reluctant Kenny to join his wrestling team for a one-time match, a surprise victory gives him the confidence to join the team full time to become the first, openly gay athlete at St. Barklays. Kenny’s newfound stardom makes Jimmy feel a bit replaced, but when an opponent refuses to wrestle his brother, Jimmy puts his feelings aside and rallies the team around Kenny. Meanwhile, Pat injures his back trying to help Eileen prepare for a weekend getaway, but things only get worse when she tries to be the perfect caregiver to impress VP Murray but fails miserably.
New Girl - "The Hike" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
While on a day hike, Jess and Robby (guest star Nelson Franklin) discover something unexpected about their relationship. Also, Winston throws a surprise welcome home party for Aly (guest star Nasim Pedrad). Meanwhile, Schmidt and Cece fail to impress their new neighbors.
The Mick - "The Master" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
All hell breaks loose, as the kids fight over who will take the master bedroom. Also, Mickey pursues a wealthy businessman who quickly discovers that she is not the prize he thought she was.
Teachers - "Stranger Danger" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
There’s a trespasser at Fillmore and a new security guard is hired. Ms. Snap and Ms. Bennigan hold a “Women Empowering Women” workshop, Mrs. Adler takes stranger danger too far, and Ms. Watson purchases a male safety dummy.
Tuesday, January 24
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Catch Retta on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Claudia O'Doherty (Love) - Claudia is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) - John talks about Patriots Day on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette visits Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jennifer Esposito (Samantha Who?/Spin City) - Jennifer appears on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina talks about the new Netflix series One Day at a Time on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.