Sunday, July 08, 2012
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of June 25-July 1)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat at 8pm did 3.09 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating, which is decent for summer.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - A repeat at 7:30 just did 1.84 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, on par with previous week.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - A repeat at 8:30pm did 2.46 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating, which could be better. Always wondered why this show returned.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat at 9 did 3.05 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating, which is a bit below its normal repeat ratings.
- American Dad! (Fox) - The normal 9:30 airing did 3.02 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating, holding 100% of its lead-in's rating...good. A repeat earlier in the night at 7 did just 1.67 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, but on par week-to-week.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - A repeat did 3.67 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, down a tenth from previous week. Up and down it goes.
- 2 Broke Girls (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy did 3.72 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, down two tenths from previous week.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - A repeat did 4.48 million and only a 1.0 18-49 rating, down three tenths from previous week. Not good!
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - 4.01 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating for a repeat was down four tenths from the previous week. Very low rated night for CBS Monday repeats. Let's see if they rebound tomorrow.
- Last Man Standing (ABC) - preempted.
- New Girl (Fox) - Repeats return in August but on Thursdays.
- The Middle (ABC) - A repeat at 8 did 2.45 million and a 0.5 18-49 rating, down four tenths from previous week. However it was the 4th of July, so the drops for this and the rest of the comedies were expected.
- Suburgatory (ABC) - A repeat at 8:30 posted 1.83 million and a 0.5 18-49 rating, down three tenths week-to-week.
- Up All Night (NBC) - A repeat did 2.19 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating. Not good but probably up a tenth or so due to the fireworks airing at 9.
- Modern Family (ABC) 2 airings - A repeat did 2.24 million and a 0.8 rating, down five tenths from previous week...but this was the 4th of July. A second airing followed with a similar 2.15 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating. Should rebound this week.
- Happy Endings (ABC) - preempted
- New Girl (Fox) 4 airings - A special four episode stunt on the 4th of July did as expected. The first repeat at 8 did 1.67 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating. A repeat at 8:30 followed with 1.47 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating. At 9, the repeat did the worst with 1.28 million and a 0.5 18-49 rating. And finally at 9:30, the repeat did 1.35 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating. Not good, but consistent and it was the 4th of July.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) 2 airings - A repeat at 8 did 8.32 million and a 2.2 18-49 rating, up two tenths from the previous week. A second repeat followed at 8:30 and did 9.05 million and a 2.5 18-49 rating. All I can say is, wow.
- 2 Broke Girls (CBS) - preempted.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 8 did 2.02 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, which is not good.
- Parks and Recreation (NBC) - A repeat of this followed at 8:30pm and did only 1.49 million and a 0.5 18-49 rating. No rewatchability.
- Whitney (NBC) - A repeat at 8 did a prelim 2.13 million and a prelim 0.5 18-49 rating.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat of this at 8:30pm did just a prelim 1.22 million and a prelim 0.4 18-49 rating. Low!
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - preempted.
- How to Be a Gentleman (CBS) - preempted.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory on Thurs were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family) or just plain old terrible (such as repeats of Community, Parks & Recreation).
Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on cable this summer, with ABC Family's sophomore season of Melissa & Joey at 8pm this Wednesday with guest star Christine Lakin of Step by Step. What an underrated family comedy it is. New comedy Baby Daddy starring Chelsea Kane airs at 8:30pm with episode 3, and I have seen this episode and it is great. TBS airs Men at Work Thursdays at 10pm, with Sullivan & Son coming later this month. Also on Wednesdays is TV Land's Hot in Cleveland spin-off series The Soul Man starring Cedric the Entertainer at 10pm followed by new episodes of The Exes at 10:30pm. TV Land also airs season two of Retired at 35 on Tuesdays at 10pm. FX and Charlie Sheen come together in a new sitcom titled Anger Management airing Thursdays at 9:30pm. Even on digital TV, Bounce TV airs new comedy Family Time starring Omar Gooding Mondays at 9pm. All of these are multi-camera comedies, too! New sitcom airings is the perfect way to beat the summer blues!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 28
Bunk'd - "Treehouse of Terror" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Zuri, Jorge and Tiffany enlist the support of an unexpected camper to help restore an abandoned treehouse, so they can use it as a new hangout; Emma and Lou and Ravi and Xander get competitive during a friendly game of billiards.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Do What You Gotta Do" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Joseph experiences an episode of sexual frustration due to Leslie's vow of chastity.
Friday, October 28
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - Watch John on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew visits on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about The Price is Right on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Kevin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine?/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Ricky stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Colin Hanks (Life in Pieces) - Colin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Melissa Joan Hart (Melissa & Joey/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch/Clarissa Explains It All) - Melissa looks back at her earliest memories on Clarissa Explains It All – and says she was really bossy on People Now at 8:30am.
- Damon Wayans (My Wife and Kids) - Damon is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.