Thursday, March 22, 2012
Well over a month ago we told about The Mary Tyler Moore Show marathon on The Hallmark Channel that will be airing on Sunday, April 1 (no foolin'), but now we have more news! They were not going to air it on their regular schedule after the marathon, but yesterday they made some tweaks to their April 2012 schedule and The Mary Tyler Moore Show does indeed "make it after all" on the regular schedule after this marathon event. First, here are some details on the marathon: the marathon airs Sunday, April 1 from 10am-8pm with the ABC 2000 TV movie Mary & Rhoda airing from 8-10pm. View the episode info here!
So after the marathon airs, the Hallmark Channel will air the show every morning. You'll have to be a night owl or an early bird to catch it (or DVR/TiVo it). Effective Monday, April 2 (technically Tuesday morning), Hallmark will air the show every morning in a block from 4-6am, seven days a week. It will replace an hour each of Frasier and I Love Lucy on weekdays and an hour each of Cheers and Lucy on weekends. That means Cheers will be off the schedule totally now. The Mary Tyler Moore Show will air right after The Bob Newhart Show block from 2-4am every morning.
In case you're wondering this is how the weekday line-up looks like now: 6-8am I Love Lucy, 8am-10am The Golden Girls, 10am-3pm Martha at Home Block, 3-6pm The Waltons, 6pm-10pm Little House on the Prairie, 10pm-12am Frasier, 12am-2am The Golden Girls, 2am-4am The Bob Newhart Show and 4-6am The Mary Tyler Moore Show. Weekends is the same except 10am-10pm are a mix of movies and marathons. And speaking of marathons, in addition to Mary Tyler Moore on April 1, we have the following marathons: Little House on the Prairie on Saturday, April 7 from 10am-1am and I Love Lucy on Saturday, April 28 from 6am-10pm (don't forget there is a Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour marathon this Saturday - March 24). That's all we have for now, but who can turn the world with her smile? Only Mary Tyler Moore can, so tune in starting April 1!
After only three airings in its new timeslot, Fox has pulled new comedy I Hate My Teenage Daughter off of the schedule. The multi-camera sitcom was airing Tuesdays at 8:30pm following Raising Hope, which is single camera. Fox aired four episodes in late fall, before returning it in March. But now it will have six episodes remaining on the shelf and Fox insists it will air in the summer, but we'll see. For now, Fox will air repeats of Raising Hope for the next two weeks (March 27 and April 3), before Glee returns to the hour on April 10. Raising Hope will air its final two episodes of the season at 9:30pm on April 10 and 17 right after New Girl, giving sophomore comedy Breaking In a two-week break. That comedy, which is also struggling, will return April 24 for three more weeks following new episodes of New Girl. Breaking In has a 13-episode order, but only eight would have aired. Maybe more to come in the summer, if at all? Alyssa Milano guest stars in episode nine, so we better see that. Fox has scheduled a two-hour Glee on May 15 and May 22 has part one of the American Idol finale at 8pm and the Glee season finale at a special time of 9pm. So hopefully Breaking In returns May 29, but that is still a while away and many things can still change until then....so keep it with us!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, January 17
The Middle - "Pitch Imperfect" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Axl begins to panic when he realizes that he only has four months of college left before he graduates, and he hasn’t sent out any job resumes – something he should have started when he was a junior. Meanwhile, Brad agrees to lead Sue’s no-cut a cappella group as they enter a music competition, and Brick desperately asks for Frankie and Mike’s advice when girlfriend Cindy tells him that he reads too much, and if he doesn’t stop, she’ll break up with him.
American Housewife - "Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Oliver tells his parents that he’s so embarrassed by their modest house that he’d rather not have a birthday party at all. Katie decides to teach him a lesson by ambushing him with a surprise party at home with all his wealthy friends.
Fresh Off the Boat - "The Best of Orlando" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Louis is named “Small Businessman of the Year,” Jessica is overflowing with pride and invites everyone they know to join them at the awards ceremony. But when Louis forgets to thank Jessica during his acceptance speech, he suffers the repercussions at home. Meanwhile, Eddie, Emery and Grandma start their own clothing line and quickly discover the challenges of running their own small business.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Acceptance" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After Kenny and Brett officially become a couple, Kenny starts to think of plan on how he should break the news to his parents. Meanwhile, Jimmy surprises everyone when he scores a high SAT score, forcing Eileen to hold up her end of a deal that she had previously made and takes Jimmy car shopping.
New Girl - "Cece's Boys" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jess tries to find a new vice principal, she discovers that she has a real problem when it comes to making decisions. Meanwhile, Cece enlists Jess and Reagan to help her recruit new models, and the guys are in for a surprise when they enjoy a day at the spa.
The Mick - "The Fire" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Mickey tries to quit smoking. Meanwhile, Ben meets a new friend.
Teachers - "First Day Back" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
As the teachers return from summer break, Ms. Watson tries an ultra premium online dating service and Ms. Snap learns that she’s been given the worst group of kids in school. Mrs. Adler is assigned to a mobile classroom.
Tuesday, January 17
- Katy Mixon (American Housewife/Mike & Molly) - Catch Katy on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Billy Eichner (Difficult People) - Billy is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Patrick Warburton (Crowded/Rules of Engagement/Less Than Perfect) - Patrick stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York.
- Anders Holm (Workaholics) - Anders is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Rory Scovel (Ground Floor) - Rory appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/Life with Louie/The Louie Show) - Louie drops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Neil joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/Sparks) - Kym visits Cleveland on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.