Thursday, March 22, 2012
Well over a month ago we told about The Mary Tyler Moore Show marathon on The Hallmark Channel that will be airing on Sunday, April 1 (no foolin'), but now we have more news! They were not going to air it on their regular schedule after the marathon, but yesterday they made some tweaks to their April 2012 schedule and The Mary Tyler Moore Show does indeed "make it after all" on the regular schedule after this marathon event. First, here are some details on the marathon: the marathon airs Sunday, April 1 from 10am-8pm with the ABC 2000 TV movie Mary & Rhoda airing from 8-10pm. View the episode info here!
So after the marathon airs, the Hallmark Channel will air the show every morning. You'll have to be a night owl or an early bird to catch it (or DVR/TiVo it). Effective Monday, April 2 (technically Tuesday morning), Hallmark will air the show every morning in a block from 4-6am, seven days a week. It will replace an hour each of Frasier and I Love Lucy on weekdays and an hour each of Cheers and Lucy on weekends. That means Cheers will be off the schedule totally now. The Mary Tyler Moore Show will air right after The Bob Newhart Show block from 2-4am every morning.
In case you're wondering this is how the weekday line-up looks like now: 6-8am I Love Lucy, 8am-10am The Golden Girls, 10am-3pm Martha at Home Block, 3-6pm The Waltons, 6pm-10pm Little House on the Prairie, 10pm-12am Frasier, 12am-2am The Golden Girls, 2am-4am The Bob Newhart Show and 4-6am The Mary Tyler Moore Show. Weekends is the same except 10am-10pm are a mix of movies and marathons. And speaking of marathons, in addition to Mary Tyler Moore on April 1, we have the following marathons: Little House on the Prairie on Saturday, April 7 from 10am-1am and I Love Lucy on Saturday, April 28 from 6am-10pm (don't forget there is a Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour marathon this Saturday - March 24). That's all we have for now, but who can turn the world with her smile? Only Mary Tyler Moore can, so tune in starting April 1!
After only three airings in its new timeslot, Fox has pulled new comedy I Hate My Teenage Daughter off of the schedule. The multi-camera sitcom was airing Tuesdays at 8:30pm following Raising Hope, which is single camera. Fox aired four episodes in late fall, before returning it in March. But now it will have six episodes remaining on the shelf and Fox insists it will air in the summer, but we'll see. For now, Fox will air repeats of Raising Hope for the next two weeks (March 27 and April 3), before Glee returns to the hour on April 10. Raising Hope will air its final two episodes of the season at 9:30pm on April 10 and 17 right after New Girl, giving sophomore comedy Breaking In a two-week break. That comedy, which is also struggling, will return April 24 for three more weeks following new episodes of New Girl. Breaking In has a 13-episode order, but only eight would have aired. Maybe more to come in the summer, if at all? Alyssa Milano guest stars in episode nine, so we better see that. Fox has scheduled a two-hour Glee on May 15 and May 22 has part one of the American Idol finale at 8pm and the Glee season finale at a special time of 9pm. So hopefully Breaking In returns May 29, but that is still a while away and many things can still change until then....so keep it with us!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.