Thursday, March 22, 2012
Well over a month ago we told about The Mary Tyler Moore Show marathon on The Hallmark Channel that will be airing on Sunday, April 1 (no foolin'), but now we have more news! They were not going to air it on their regular schedule after the marathon, but yesterday they made some tweaks to their April 2012 schedule and The Mary Tyler Moore Show does indeed "make it after all" on the regular schedule after this marathon event. First, here are some details on the marathon: the marathon airs Sunday, April 1 from 10am-8pm with the ABC 2000 TV movie Mary & Rhoda airing from 8-10pm. View the episode info here!
So after the marathon airs, the Hallmark Channel will air the show every morning. You'll have to be a night owl or an early bird to catch it (or DVR/TiVo it). Effective Monday, April 2 (technically Tuesday morning), Hallmark will air the show every morning in a block from 4-6am, seven days a week. It will replace an hour each of Frasier and I Love Lucy on weekdays and an hour each of Cheers and Lucy on weekends. That means Cheers will be off the schedule totally now. The Mary Tyler Moore Show will air right after The Bob Newhart Show block from 2-4am every morning.
In case you're wondering this is how the weekday line-up looks like now: 6-8am I Love Lucy, 8am-10am The Golden Girls, 10am-3pm Martha at Home Block, 3-6pm The Waltons, 6pm-10pm Little House on the Prairie, 10pm-12am Frasier, 12am-2am The Golden Girls, 2am-4am The Bob Newhart Show and 4-6am The Mary Tyler Moore Show. Weekends is the same except 10am-10pm are a mix of movies and marathons. And speaking of marathons, in addition to Mary Tyler Moore on April 1, we have the following marathons: Little House on the Prairie on Saturday, April 7 from 10am-1am and I Love Lucy on Saturday, April 28 from 6am-10pm (don't forget there is a Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour marathon this Saturday - March 24). That's all we have for now, but who can turn the world with her smile? Only Mary Tyler Moore can, so tune in starting April 1!
After only three airings in its new timeslot, Fox has pulled new comedy I Hate My Teenage Daughter off of the schedule. The multi-camera sitcom was airing Tuesdays at 8:30pm following Raising Hope, which is single camera. Fox aired four episodes in late fall, before returning it in March. But now it will have six episodes remaining on the shelf and Fox insists it will air in the summer, but we'll see. For now, Fox will air repeats of Raising Hope for the next two weeks (March 27 and April 3), before Glee returns to the hour on April 10. Raising Hope will air its final two episodes of the season at 9:30pm on April 10 and 17 right after New Girl, giving sophomore comedy Breaking In a two-week break. That comedy, which is also struggling, will return April 24 for three more weeks following new episodes of New Girl. Breaking In has a 13-episode order, but only eight would have aired. Maybe more to come in the summer, if at all? Alyssa Milano guest stars in episode nine, so we better see that. Fox has scheduled a two-hour Glee on May 15 and May 22 has part one of the American Idol finale at 8pm and the Glee season finale at a special time of 9pm. So hopefully Breaking In returns May 29, but that is still a while away and many things can still change until then....so keep it with us!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, March 1
The Goldbergs - "The Kara-te Kid" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Inspired by the “Karate Kid” films, Adam and the other Adam Goldberg face off in a karate match to settle once and for all a long-running feud. Barry and Adam go to Uncle Marvin for training, but the only thing they learn is how to clean an apartment. Meanwhile, when Erica and Geoff’s relationship becomes public, they realize that they aren’t the good guys.
Modern Family - "Finding Fizbo" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Cam is enraged when he receives an online video showing someone has been desecrating his beloved Fizbo costume, which sets him on a quest to restore Fizbo’s good name. Meanwhile, Phil is in for quite the surprise when he finally meets his new soon-to-be step-brother at Frank’s bachelor party. Finally, Manny’s newest play hits a little too close to home for Gloria, Claire and Haley when he enlists them to do a read through before he submits it to a young playwright festival.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "A Cricket's Tale" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
We get to see a typical day in Cricket's world and then a possible redemption when his family intervenes. Will Cricket finally move on from the gang, finding love in the process? Will Cricket go from filthy beast to his former self, Matthew Mara?
Man Seeking Woman - "Cake" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Josh lets Mike throw him a bachelor party and soon comes to regret it.
Schitt's Creek - "Motel Review" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
While setting up his business, David meets a new friend; Johnny defends Alexis' work; Moira deals with a difficult guest.
Wednesday, March 1
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Watch Alec on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Patrick Stewart (Blunt Talk) - Patrick is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Natalie Zea (The Detour) - Natalie visits Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC. She opens up about how she and her husband Travis Schuldt balance work and parenthood – and if they will have more kids on People Now at 8:30am.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Lauren Lapkus (Crashing/Clipped/Are You There, Chelsa?) - Lauren is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A./Scrubs) - Scott is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril co-hosts Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mackenzie Phillips (One Day at a Time) - Mackenzie appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT. She will also be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Patrick Stewart (Blunt Talk) - Patrick looks back on the first time he met Hugh Jackman on People Now at 8:30am.
- Dan Bucatinsky (Marry Me/The Comeback) - Dan talks about 24: Legacy on the AOL Build Show at 5pm. He will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.