Tuesday, February 07, 2012
Lifetime will bring back Reba to its schedule after just a few weeks off. As we reported, it has been off the schedule since Jan. 30 but will now return next Tuesday (Feb. 14). The sitcom will air once a week in a block from 4-7pm on Tuesday afternoons. How I Met Your Mother currently airs weekdays from 4-5pm, so now it will be preempted on Tuesdays for Reba. From 5-7pm, Reba will replace two airings of Wife Swap, which will shift to Mondays.
Original series wise, Lifetime will launch season six of Army Wives on Sunday, March 4 at 9pm, as 13 all-new episodes will air. Then at 10pm on Sunday, March 4, Lifetime will premiere the second season of Coming Home. Eight episodes have been ordered. The series will move to Fridays at 10pm starting March 23 (following America's Most Wanted at 9pm). It is unclear what will air at 10pm starting March 25, but a good guess is the new series The Client List starring Jennifer Love Hewitt. The new drama has an episode order of ten episodes and would line it up to end at the same time as Army Wives, as that series will be three episodes ahead. As for The Client List, here is what it is about, if you didn't know:
From Executive Producer and starring Jennifer Love Hewitt, The Client List is about a Texas housewife, who, after being deserted by her husband, is left in deep financial straits and takes a job at a seemingly traditional day spa in a neighboring town. The series will follow her as she delicately balances two starkly different lives -- one as a single mom in a conservative town struggling to provide for her family and the other as a savvy and ambitious businesswoman working with a rowdy, sexy and unpredictable group of women. The series is a follow-up to the high-rated Lifetime TV movie, which aired in July 2010, but is not a direct continuation of the film's storyline. Stay tuned for an official airdate, but March 25 is very likely!
And finally, late last week NBC made an immediate schedule change that will take in effect this week. NBC will premiere its intriguing new drama Awake on Thursday, March 1 at 10:00pm ET/PT, starring Jason Isaacs as a detective who finds he is leading a complex double life that defies reality. The series will continue on Thursdays at 10pm. As a result, struggling drama The Firm will move from Thursdays to Saturdays at 9:00pm ET beginning immediately on Saturday, February 11, where the drama will resume with original episodes until it airs all 22 episodes through mid-May (as of now, that is). For the next few weeks on Thursdays at 10pm, encore episodes of Grimm will air beginning this Thursday (February 9). Yes, encores in sweep.
NBC has ordered 13 episodes of Awake and it should last through mid-May and air every episode, ratings pending, of course.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 3
Henry Danger - "Dodging Danger" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Henry uses his new super power to compete in a Dodge-A-Leen tournament, Ray, Schwoz, and Charlotte go undercover to teach Henry a lesson.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.