Tuesday, February 07, 2012
Lifetime will bring back Reba to its schedule after just a few weeks off. As we reported, it has been off the schedule since Jan. 30 but will now return next Tuesday (Feb. 14). The sitcom will air once a week in a block from 4-7pm on Tuesday afternoons. How I Met Your Mother currently airs weekdays from 4-5pm, so now it will be preempted on Tuesdays for Reba. From 5-7pm, Reba will replace two airings of Wife Swap, which will shift to Mondays.
Original series wise, Lifetime will launch season six of Army Wives on Sunday, March 4 at 9pm, as 13 all-new episodes will air. Then at 10pm on Sunday, March 4, Lifetime will premiere the second season of Coming Home. Eight episodes have been ordered. The series will move to Fridays at 10pm starting March 23 (following America's Most Wanted at 9pm). It is unclear what will air at 10pm starting March 25, but a good guess is the new series The Client List starring Jennifer Love Hewitt. The new drama has an episode order of ten episodes and would line it up to end at the same time as Army Wives, as that series will be three episodes ahead. As for The Client List, here is what it is about, if you didn't know:
From Executive Producer and starring Jennifer Love Hewitt, The Client List is about a Texas housewife, who, after being deserted by her husband, is left in deep financial straits and takes a job at a seemingly traditional day spa in a neighboring town. The series will follow her as she delicately balances two starkly different lives -- one as a single mom in a conservative town struggling to provide for her family and the other as a savvy and ambitious businesswoman working with a rowdy, sexy and unpredictable group of women. The series is a follow-up to the high-rated Lifetime TV movie, which aired in July 2010, but is not a direct continuation of the film's storyline. Stay tuned for an official airdate, but March 25 is very likely!
And finally, late last week NBC made an immediate schedule change that will take in effect this week. NBC will premiere its intriguing new drama Awake on Thursday, March 1 at 10:00pm ET/PT, starring Jason Isaacs as a detective who finds he is leading a complex double life that defies reality. The series will continue on Thursdays at 10pm. As a result, struggling drama The Firm will move from Thursdays to Saturdays at 9:00pm ET beginning immediately on Saturday, February 11, where the drama will resume with original episodes until it airs all 22 episodes through mid-May (as of now, that is). For the next few weeks on Thursdays at 10pm, encore episodes of Grimm will air beginning this Thursday (February 9). Yes, encores in sweep.
NBC has ordered 13 episodes of Awake and it should last through mid-May and air every episode, ratings pending, of course.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, January 19
The Big Bang Theory - "The Romance Calibration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Penny feels that Leonard is taking her for granted, she decides to go on a spa weekend with Amy. Also, Wolowitz and Koothrappali try to fix a squeaky floorboard in the baby’s room.
The Great Indoors - "Mason Blows Up" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jack tries to reassert his dominance as a reporter after Mason scores an investigative coup that turns him into an overnight celebrity. Also, Clark’s low self-esteem causes him to give Emma relationship advice about other guys instead of asking her out himself
Mom - "Good Karma and the Big Weird" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bonnie encourages Christy to pursue Marjorie’s charming nephew, Nick, despite the fact that he’s been declared off limits. Chris Pratt, husband of MOM star Anna Faris, guest stars as Nick, Marjorie’s nephew.
Life in Pieces - "Tailgate Spiral Souvenir Seating" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Colleen and Matt host the family tailgate party at the L.A. Rams game, they invite former NFL quarterback Kurt Warner to spice up their so far dismal event. Also, Tim’s in danger of missing the game when Sophia makes him take her to the restroom and they get sidetracked returning to their seats; Joan and Jen try to sneak into seats closer to the field; and Greg wins a chance to participate in a halftime contest involving a football toss.
Baskets - "Freaks" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Chip has to decide between a tarp and snacks.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.