Saturday, February 11, 2012
Digital Digest: New Amazon Prime Content; Busy May for Shout! Factory; Beavis and Butt-head - Volume Four DVD/Blu-ray Disc Review
BLOG FEATURE REVIEW
Both the DVD and Blu-ray come in very similar (and basic) packaging, using standard cases for their respective formats. On the cover, there is a picture of Beavis and Butt-head with a red background, and nothing more. The back of the case has a photo of both of them on the sofa and a VERY brief description of the set. Inside the case, you'll find the discs, which have a black outline photo of Beavis and Butt-head. The Blu-ray disc only has one disc, but the DVD has two discs, with episodes 1-6 on Disc 1, and episodes 7-12 on Disc 2. The Blu-ray disc also has an insert with the disclaimer that the episodes are presented in their original 4x3 aspect ratio, which we'll discuss a bit more in a minute.
Despite one set being a DVD and the other being a Blu-ray, the menus on each respective set aren't that much different. The main menu has a split screen, with still photos on one side of the screen, and video on the other side of the screen. The theme song plays in the background. The options on the main menu include Play All, Episodes, Special Features (Blu-ray and Disc 2 of the DVD), and Set Up (Blu-ray only). Selecting Episodes will take you to a submenu on the DVD set where you can view four episodes per screen, with two still photo per full episode (one corresponding to each half of the episode). The Blu-ray set isn't much different, except it places these as a pop-up menu over the main menu. Special Features are presented the same way that the episodes are presented on both the DVD and Blu-ray. Set Up, which is only on the Blu-ray set, allows you to turn on English subtitles. Chapters are placed throughout all of the episodes on both sets.
To purchase the DVD release, click below and help support SitcomsOnline.com:
Mike & Molly - "First Christmas" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Mike has no idea what to buy Molly for their first Christmas together.
Mike & Molly - "Karaoke Christmas" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Even while portraying Santa, Mike cannot contain his frustrations over Molly’s Christmas spending and warns unsuspecting children about the dangers of maxing out credit cards to buy toys. Later, while Molly’s family enjoys holiday festivities at home – complete with Christmas carols on Victoria’s new karaoke machine – Mike and Molly get roped into spending Christmas Eve at church with Mike’s mother and boss. Gerald McRaney guest stars as Police Captain Patrick Murphy, Mike’s boss.
The Thundermans - "Weekend Guest" (8:00PM ET/PT)
Phoebe volunteers to take the class Venus Fly Trap home for the weekend, but when Max performs an experiment on it, the plant keeps growing until it threatens to take over the whole house.
The Thundermans - "You Stole My Thunder, Man" (8:30PM ET/PT)
When Max wins the school election that Phoebe had been working hard for, Phoebe plots revenge.
Monday, December 9
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Watch Queen Latifah on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi is a guest on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Louie Anderson (Life with Louie/The Louie Show) - Louie appears on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Faith Ford (Hope & Faith/Murphy Brown) - Faith visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Constance Marie (George Lopez) - Constance talks about her role on the ABC Family hit Switched at Birth on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Kim Richards (Hello, Larry) - Kim chats on Bethenny, so check your local listings.
- Elise Neal (The Hughleys) - Elise is part of the guest panel on Bethenny, so check your local listings.
- Katey Sagal (8 Simple Rules/Married with Children) - Tune in to see Katey on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Donald Faison (The Exes/Scrubs) - Donald is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings. He will also be on The Arsenio Hall Show, so check listings.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom discusses his role in Saving Mr. Banks on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.