Tuesday, October 11, 2011
TBS Moves Tyler Perry Sitcoms To Fridays, Big Bang Now Tues-Thurs; TV Guide Magazine Honors 60th Anniversary of I Love Lucy
TBS has also scheduled new Tyler Perry series For Better Or Worse on Friday nights starting Friday, Nov. 25 (Black Friday) at 9:00pm & 9:30pm, as House of Payne will shift to 8-9pm, as Meet the Browns takes a bit of a break. This series is also a half-hour series, but it will be more of a dramedy, as we announced. TBS has ordered a half-hour comedy pilot titled Sullivan and Son, starring popular comedian Steve Byrne and executive-produced by Vince Vaughn (The Break-Up)and Peter Billingsley (Iron Man). The project comes to TBS from Vaughn's Wild West Picture Show Productions and Warner Horizon Television. The pilot is being written by Byrne and executive producer/showrunner Rob Long (Cheers). Set to begin shooting later this year, Sullivan and Son takes place in a popular and legendary neighborhood bar in a working-class neighborhood in Pittsburgh, Penn. Filled with locals and regulars, Sullivan & Son is the unofficial "town hall" to the neighborhood.
In addition to TBS's pilot order for Sullivan and Son, the network recently announced it is moving forward on an untitled half-hour comedy pilot that centers on a family man who quits his day job and returns to the neighborhood where he grew up. There, he reunites with his former best friend. The multi-camera sitcom from Conaco and Warner Horizon Television is being executive-produced by David Kissinger, Conan O'Brien and Jeff Ross, along with the pilot's writers, Ben Wexler, Ross Novie and Jay Rondot. Wexler will also serve as the showrunner for the untitled pilot. TBS has also greenlit a pilot for Men at Work, an ensemble, multi-camera comedy about a recently dumped man whose three best friends help him reinvent his manhood. The project comes to TBS from Sony Pictures Television and executive producers/writers Breckin Meyer and Jamie Tarses. We will let you know if these three multi-camera sitcom pilots make it to a series order, so stay tuned.
The classic sitcom I Love Lucy is turning 60 on Saturday (Oct. 15)! In a one of a kind exhibit, TV Guide Magazine is partnering with The Paley Center for Media to present Loving Lucy, a celebration of 60 years of I Love Lucy and Lucille Ball's Centennial until November 27, 2011 in New York City. It started on Sept. 28. TV Guide Magazine documented Lucille Ball's life in Hollywood like no other magazine, featuring her on more covers than any other star in the magazine's history. Now, in partnership with The Paley Center, they have developed a multi-dimensional exhibit to celebrate the TV icon. TV Guide Magazine Creative Director Jeff Hardy designed the exhibit highlighting the 43 memorable TV Guide Magazine covers and captions for each with additional information from the issue and The Paley Center contributed exclusive footage for specially designed screenings. Loving Lucy takes guests through the history of Lucy and Desi's marriage, the birth of their children, her success with running Desilu, and the challenges of balancing career and home life.
Screenings will include - Classic Lucy & Desi, Eventful Lucy Moments, and additional rare and stunning footage of Lucille Ball through the years. For more information on the exhibit and screening times please visit The Paley Center website. In addition to this remarkable show, a collection of these timeless covers will be available for everyone on Zinio.com for only $3.99!
Tim Allen returns tonight to sitcoms! Watch the premiere of Last Man Standing tonight at 8/7c on ABC!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, December 4
The Simpsons - "The Last Traction Hero" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
A workplace accident leaves Homer in a cast, and in a position to sue Mr. Burns. This leaves Marge unfulfilled, so she turns to an unexpected source for romance. Meanwhile, Lisa is made “Bus Monitor” and tries to keep the peace.
Son of Zorn - "Return of the Drinking Buddy" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Zorn’s old friend Headbutt Man (guest voice Rob Riggle) is coming to town. Unfortunately for Zorn, Headbutt Man is now sober. Meanwhile, Alan is invited to a party where his crush, Nancy (guest star Emily Wong), will be. Unfortunately, he has to take Headbutt man’s daughter with him.
Family Guy - "Carter and Tricia" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Carter buys the Pawtucket Patriot brewery and decides to cut some corners to save a few bucks. Peter overhears the plan and runs and tells investigative journalist Tricia Takanawa about Carter’s plan to use toxic chemicals in the beer cans. Meanwhile, Brian’s drivers’ license has expired and he enlists Stewie as an instructor.
The Last Man on Earth - "Whitney Houston, We Have a Problem" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After finding a mysterious note left by Melissa that says “Goodbye,” the gang sets off to go look for her. Meanwhile, Gail gets stuck on a solo adventure of her own.
K.C. Undercover - "Holly Holly Not So Jolly" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Christmas time arrives and K.C. tells everyone she has to go pick up a last-minute gift, but instead goes to The Organization's therapist, Dr. Levinstein.
Mech X-4 - "Let's Survive in the Woods!" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Principal Grey sets a trap for Ryan, Harris and Spyder while they're on a camping trip, which leaves MECH-X4 and Mark in danger.
Best Friends Whenever - "The Christmas Curse" (Disney Channel, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Shelby and Cyd encourage a homesick Daisy to incorporate a festive 16th-century tradition into their annual Christmas party.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.