Tuesday, October 11, 2011
TBS Moves Tyler Perry Sitcoms To Fridays, Big Bang Now Tues-Thurs; TV Guide Magazine Honors 60th Anniversary of I Love Lucy
TBS has also scheduled new Tyler Perry series For Better Or Worse on Friday nights starting Friday, Nov. 25 (Black Friday) at 9:00pm & 9:30pm, as House of Payne will shift to 8-9pm, as Meet the Browns takes a bit of a break. This series is also a half-hour series, but it will be more of a dramedy, as we announced. TBS has ordered a half-hour comedy pilot titled Sullivan and Son, starring popular comedian Steve Byrne and executive-produced by Vince Vaughn (The Break-Up)and Peter Billingsley (Iron Man). The project comes to TBS from Vaughn's Wild West Picture Show Productions and Warner Horizon Television. The pilot is being written by Byrne and executive producer/showrunner Rob Long (Cheers). Set to begin shooting later this year, Sullivan and Son takes place in a popular and legendary neighborhood bar in a working-class neighborhood in Pittsburgh, Penn. Filled with locals and regulars, Sullivan & Son is the unofficial "town hall" to the neighborhood.
In addition to TBS's pilot order for Sullivan and Son, the network recently announced it is moving forward on an untitled half-hour comedy pilot that centers on a family man who quits his day job and returns to the neighborhood where he grew up. There, he reunites with his former best friend. The multi-camera sitcom from Conaco and Warner Horizon Television is being executive-produced by David Kissinger, Conan O'Brien and Jeff Ross, along with the pilot's writers, Ben Wexler, Ross Novie and Jay Rondot. Wexler will also serve as the showrunner for the untitled pilot. TBS has also greenlit a pilot for Men at Work, an ensemble, multi-camera comedy about a recently dumped man whose three best friends help him reinvent his manhood. The project comes to TBS from Sony Pictures Television and executive producers/writers Breckin Meyer and Jamie Tarses. We will let you know if these three multi-camera sitcom pilots make it to a series order, so stay tuned.
The classic sitcom I Love Lucy is turning 60 on Saturday (Oct. 15)! In a one of a kind exhibit, TV Guide Magazine is partnering with The Paley Center for Media to present Loving Lucy, a celebration of 60 years of I Love Lucy and Lucille Ball's Centennial until November 27, 2011 in New York City. It started on Sept. 28. TV Guide Magazine documented Lucille Ball's life in Hollywood like no other magazine, featuring her on more covers than any other star in the magazine's history. Now, in partnership with The Paley Center, they have developed a multi-dimensional exhibit to celebrate the TV icon. TV Guide Magazine Creative Director Jeff Hardy designed the exhibit highlighting the 43 memorable TV Guide Magazine covers and captions for each with additional information from the issue and The Paley Center contributed exclusive footage for specially designed screenings. Loving Lucy takes guests through the history of Lucy and Desi's marriage, the birth of their children, her success with running Desilu, and the challenges of balancing career and home life.
Screenings will include - Classic Lucy & Desi, Eventful Lucy Moments, and additional rare and stunning footage of Lucille Ball through the years. For more information on the exhibit and screening times please visit The Paley Center website. In addition to this remarkable show, a collection of these timeless covers will be available for everyone on Zinio.com for only $3.99!
Tim Allen returns tonight to sitcoms! Watch the premiere of Last Man Standing tonight at 8/7c on ABC!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, October 25
The Middle - "Halloween VIII: The Heckoning" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Halloween approaches, Frankie is taken aback when she discovers that, if the circumstances ever arose where she and Mike got divorced, the kids would all choose to live with Mike. Meanwhile, Sue tries everything in her power to get her room back from Brick, and having to be so nice around girlfriend April all of the time leads Axl to lash out at his family.
American Housewife - "Westport Zombies" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie, jealous of Taylor’s friendship with neighbor Viv (Leslie Bibb), reluctantly competes in the Westport Halloween “Zombie Run” after she finds out they’ll both be running. Meanwhile, Greg and Anna-Kat get a little too much in character for the “zombie” part of the run’s obstacle course.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Louisween" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Louis’ favorite holiday, and he makes every attempt to scare Jessica into the Halloween spirit, but she is buried in her word processor, drafting her first horror novel. Meanwhile, Emery and Evan debate costume choices, and Eddie and his crew are excited to party with high schoolers at Nicole’s house.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Halloween" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Halloween arrives, or what Kenny refers to as “the gay Super Bowl,” he plans to go to Boystown to watch the festive costume parade. In an effort to prevent Kenny from attending, Eileen agrees to let him throw his own Halloween party at home. Eileen’s tolerance is ultimately tested when Kenny recruits Stuart and his gay friends to join the big party, and he makes a BIG costume change. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Shannon plan to pull off an epic Halloween prank.
Atlanta - "Junteenth" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Why my Auntie trying to make me go to one of these bougie Junteenth parties again? I don't like them sadity people and I'm gonna miss my shows. Le sigh.
Family Time - "Head of House" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When the Stallworths have an unexpected visitor, they learn of a vicious crime that took place in their home years ago.
Tuesday, October 25
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Catch Will on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Skylar Astin (Ground Floor) - Skylar is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman/Veronica's Closet/The Larry Sanders Show) and David Koechner (Another Period/Hank/The Office) - Mary and David are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Scream Queens/Anything But Love) - Jamie Lee is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn plays a celeb guessing game with Rach, who’s serving up no-fail make-your-own takeout, on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on the AOL Build Show 4pm.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Don is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.