Wednesday, October 26, 2011
The Nanny Is Back on Nick at Nite and More Changes; CBS Picks-Up Unforgettable and Person of Interest For Full Seasons
Nick at Nite has altered its schedule as of Monday. First, it seems the 8pm hour on Mon-Thurs is back to Nickelodeon as SpongeBob is now regularly airing in the hour. Sundays at 8pm will still be Nick at Nite programming, though. Nick at Nite also doesn't have the 6am hour anymore, as The Fairly OddParents is airing in the hour now. So what do they have? Well, kicking it off weekdays in the 9pm hour is That '70s Show, then an hour of George Lopez at 10 leading into the Friends two-hour block from 11pm-1:08am. The 1:08am-2:12am hour features an encore of That '70s Show, leading into an episode each of Everybody Hates Chris and My Wife & Kids from 2:12am-3:18am, as these two sitcoms are now relegated to just one airing each on weeknights. Then from 3:18am-5:28am is now the return of The Nanny. TV Land will also still air the sitcom on weeknights approx. from 2-3am and 5:30am, so we will have plenty of overnight Fran Drescher. Like TV Land, Nick at Nite is off-the-clock, so these timings after 11pm are approximate as you can tell. Closing the weeknight line-up out is Family Matters at approx 5:28am.
The new weekend schedule will start next weekend, as this weekend (Oct. 29-31), Nick at Nite will feature Halloween episodes all night long (even Home Improvement!). Anyway on Saturday nights starting Nov. 5, That '70s Show kicks off the night in the 10pm hour, followed by Friends from 11pm-1:08am. Then we have an hour of My Wife & Kids from 1:08am-2:12am. George Lopez gets its only Saturday airing from 2:12am-3:18am, followed by the That '70s Show encore from 3:18am-4:24am. Then nearing the end of the night its The Nanny from 4:24am-5:28am and then Family Matters at 5:28am. For Sundays starting Nov. 6, That '70s Show airs in the 8pm hour to start the night. George Lopez follows at 9pm, then another episode of That '70s Show at 9:30pm. The 10pm hour will feature an episode each of That '70s Show and My Wife & Kids. Yes, this 9-11pm block seems like it could be a rough draft, so it could change. Then, like every other night its Friends from 11pm-1:08am. Then we have an hour of My Wife & Kids from 1:08am-2:12am like on Saturday nights. Then its the That '70s Show encore from 2:12am-3:18am. The Nanny will follow from 3:18am-4:24am. Then nearing the end of the night its Family Matters from 4:24am-5:28am and then a Glenn Martin sighting at 5:28am.
So there you have it, The Nanny is back on Nick at Nite...again. We gave you details on the Halloween shows already, so we won't go into detail on those, but stay with us for further updates on any stunts in November.
CBS has given full season orders to two of its new dramas: Unforgettable and Person of Interest. Unforgettable has won its time period (Tuesdays at 10pm) so far with an average of a 2.5 18-49 rating in live+same day, in a weak timeslot. Person of Interest has also been picked-up for a full season as it has done a 2.8 18-49 rating in live+same day so far, but that is regularly fourth place in its time period. It has done solid still, but it was one of CBS' highest tested dramas ever, so it should be higher in the ratings like comedy 2 Broke Girls has done. Unforgettable stars Poppy Montgomery, Dylan Walsh, Michael Gaston, Kevin Rankin and Daya Vaidya. Person of Interest stars Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Taraji P. Henson and Kevin Chapman. So with these two full season pick-ups, only A Gifted Man's fate is yet to be revealed for CBS. It just came off a good week for Friday in the ratings, so CBS might wait until after this Friday to see if it holds up. A Gifted Man airs CBS Friday at 8pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series / Read Our Review
11/04 - The Exes - Seasons 1 & 2
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series / Read Our Review
11/06 - Kenan & Kel - The Best of Seasons 3 & 4
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dharma & Greg - The Complete Season 2
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Broad City - Season 1
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/02 - The Simpsons - The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - Family Guy - Volume 13
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 18
The Big Bang Theory - "The First Pitch Insuffiency" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Wolowitz is nervous after NASA asks him to throw out the first pitch at a Los Angeles Angels game. Meanwhile, Leonard and Penny try to prove Sheldon wrong after he says that he and Amy are a “superior couple.">
Mom - "Free Therapy and a Dead Lady's Yard Sale" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Family secrets come out when Christy and Bonnie are asked to join Violet's therapy session.
Two and a Half Men - "Clockwise in Back Hole Until Tight" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
alden and Alan are determined to convince Louis that Santa Claus is real.
The McCarthys - "Red Sox Swap" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Pam, the McCarthys’ upstairs tenant, is heartbroken over a recent breakup, Marjorie invites her to celebrate Christmas with the family and watch them play their extremely competitive annual gift exchange game. Alyson Hannigan guest stars as Pam, the upstairs tenant; Gilles Marini guest stars as Maurice, Ronny’s date.
Thursday, December 18
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Catch Nick on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Christine Baranski (Cybill/Welcome to New York) - Christine is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Jim drops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Rosie O'Donnell (Gimme a Break!) - Rosie appears on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Chris Rock (Everybody Hates Chris) - Chris visits Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm. Charlie Rose interviews Chris on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew will be on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John C. McGinley (Ground Floor/Scrubs) - John stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Rockmond Dunbar (The Game/Girlfriends) - Rockmond is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Pauly Shore (Pauly) - Pauly stops by SportsNation at 3pm on ESPN2.
- Willie Garson (Sex and the City/Mr. Belvedere) - Willie discusses what to expect in the final season of White Collar on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie talks about Annie on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer's new breakout role of playing a character battling chronic pain who is addicted to prescription painkillers will be featured on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri talks about Top Five and her Gotham Comedy Club appearance on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.