Wednesday, October 26, 2011
The Nanny Is Back on Nick at Nite and More Changes; CBS Picks-Up Unforgettable and Person of Interest For Full Seasons
Nick at Nite has altered its schedule as of Monday. First, it seems the 8pm hour on Mon-Thurs is back to Nickelodeon as SpongeBob is now regularly airing in the hour. Sundays at 8pm will still be Nick at Nite programming, though. Nick at Nite also doesn't have the 6am hour anymore, as The Fairly OddParents is airing in the hour now. So what do they have? Well, kicking it off weekdays in the 9pm hour is That '70s Show, then an hour of George Lopez at 10 leading into the Friends two-hour block from 11pm-1:08am. The 1:08am-2:12am hour features an encore of That '70s Show, leading into an episode each of Everybody Hates Chris and My Wife & Kids from 2:12am-3:18am, as these two sitcoms are now relegated to just one airing each on weeknights. Then from 3:18am-5:28am is now the return of The Nanny. TV Land will also still air the sitcom on weeknights approx. from 2-3am and 5:30am, so we will have plenty of overnight Fran Drescher. Like TV Land, Nick at Nite is off-the-clock, so these timings after 11pm are approximate as you can tell. Closing the weeknight line-up out is Family Matters at approx 5:28am.
The new weekend schedule will start next weekend, as this weekend (Oct. 29-31), Nick at Nite will feature Halloween episodes all night long (even Home Improvement!). Anyway on Saturday nights starting Nov. 5, That '70s Show kicks off the night in the 10pm hour, followed by Friends from 11pm-1:08am. Then we have an hour of My Wife & Kids from 1:08am-2:12am. George Lopez gets its only Saturday airing from 2:12am-3:18am, followed by the That '70s Show encore from 3:18am-4:24am. Then nearing the end of the night its The Nanny from 4:24am-5:28am and then Family Matters at 5:28am. For Sundays starting Nov. 6, That '70s Show airs in the 8pm hour to start the night. George Lopez follows at 9pm, then another episode of That '70s Show at 9:30pm. The 10pm hour will feature an episode each of That '70s Show and My Wife & Kids. Yes, this 9-11pm block seems like it could be a rough draft, so it could change. Then, like every other night its Friends from 11pm-1:08am. Then we have an hour of My Wife & Kids from 1:08am-2:12am like on Saturday nights. Then its the That '70s Show encore from 2:12am-3:18am. The Nanny will follow from 3:18am-4:24am. Then nearing the end of the night its Family Matters from 4:24am-5:28am and then a Glenn Martin sighting at 5:28am.
So there you have it, The Nanny is back on Nick at Nite...again. We gave you details on the Halloween shows already, so we won't go into detail on those, but stay with us for further updates on any stunts in November.
CBS has given full season orders to two of its new dramas: Unforgettable and Person of Interest. Unforgettable has won its time period (Tuesdays at 10pm) so far with an average of a 2.5 18-49 rating in live+same day, in a weak timeslot. Person of Interest has also been picked-up for a full season as it has done a 2.8 18-49 rating in live+same day so far, but that is regularly fourth place in its time period. It has done solid still, but it was one of CBS' highest tested dramas ever, so it should be higher in the ratings like comedy 2 Broke Girls has done. Unforgettable stars Poppy Montgomery, Dylan Walsh, Michael Gaston, Kevin Rankin and Daya Vaidya. Person of Interest stars Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Taraji P. Henson and Kevin Chapman. So with these two full season pick-ups, only A Gifted Man's fate is yet to be revealed for CBS. It just came off a good week for Friday in the ratings, so CBS might wait until after this Friday to see if it holds up. A Gifted Man airs CBS Friday at 8pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Girls - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Seven (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Eight (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Seasons Seven and Eight (Mill Creek)
01/13 - The Big House - The Complete Series
01/13 - Episodes - The Third Season
01/13 - The Facts of Life - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory
01/20 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, January 26
Monday, January 26
- Louis CK (Louie) - Watch Louis on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin appears on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tony Danza (Taxi/Who's the Boss?) - Tony is a guest on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) - Alan visits The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Maya Rudolph (Up All Night) - Maya appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ken Marino (Marry Me/Party Down), John Gemberling (Broad City/Marry Me) and Tymberlee Hill (Marry Me/The Hotwives of Orlando) - Ken, John and Tymberlee are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Amanda Peet (Togetherness/Bent) - Amanda stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin chats on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Bob Saget (Full House/How I Met Your Mother) - Bob is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits The Real, so check your local listings. She also guest-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The New Class) - Mario and his wife Courtney are guests on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York between 7-10am.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal - NeNe talks about the highlights of the SAG Awards on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Josh Molina (Sports Night) - Josh is a guest on SI Now.