Wednesday, October 26, 2011
The Nanny Is Back on Nick at Nite and More Changes; CBS Picks-Up Unforgettable and Person of Interest For Full Seasons
Nick at Nite has altered its schedule as of Monday. First, it seems the 8pm hour on Mon-Thurs is back to Nickelodeon as SpongeBob is now regularly airing in the hour. Sundays at 8pm will still be Nick at Nite programming, though. Nick at Nite also doesn't have the 6am hour anymore, as The Fairly OddParents is airing in the hour now. So what do they have? Well, kicking it off weekdays in the 9pm hour is That '70s Show, then an hour of George Lopez at 10 leading into the Friends two-hour block from 11pm-1:08am. The 1:08am-2:12am hour features an encore of That '70s Show, leading into an episode each of Everybody Hates Chris and My Wife & Kids from 2:12am-3:18am, as these two sitcoms are now relegated to just one airing each on weeknights. Then from 3:18am-5:28am is now the return of The Nanny. TV Land will also still air the sitcom on weeknights approx. from 2-3am and 5:30am, so we will have plenty of overnight Fran Drescher. Like TV Land, Nick at Nite is off-the-clock, so these timings after 11pm are approximate as you can tell. Closing the weeknight line-up out is Family Matters at approx 5:28am.
The new weekend schedule will start next weekend, as this weekend (Oct. 29-31), Nick at Nite will feature Halloween episodes all night long (even Home Improvement!). Anyway on Saturday nights starting Nov. 5, That '70s Show kicks off the night in the 10pm hour, followed by Friends from 11pm-1:08am. Then we have an hour of My Wife & Kids from 1:08am-2:12am. George Lopez gets its only Saturday airing from 2:12am-3:18am, followed by the That '70s Show encore from 3:18am-4:24am. Then nearing the end of the night its The Nanny from 4:24am-5:28am and then Family Matters at 5:28am. For Sundays starting Nov. 6, That '70s Show airs in the 8pm hour to start the night. George Lopez follows at 9pm, then another episode of That '70s Show at 9:30pm. The 10pm hour will feature an episode each of That '70s Show and My Wife & Kids. Yes, this 9-11pm block seems like it could be a rough draft, so it could change. Then, like every other night its Friends from 11pm-1:08am. Then we have an hour of My Wife & Kids from 1:08am-2:12am like on Saturday nights. Then its the That '70s Show encore from 2:12am-3:18am. The Nanny will follow from 3:18am-4:24am. Then nearing the end of the night its Family Matters from 4:24am-5:28am and then a Glenn Martin sighting at 5:28am.
So there you have it, The Nanny is back on Nick at Nite...again. We gave you details on the Halloween shows already, so we won't go into detail on those, but stay with us for further updates on any stunts in November.
CBS has given full season orders to two of its new dramas: Unforgettable and Person of Interest. Unforgettable has won its time period (Tuesdays at 10pm) so far with an average of a 2.5 18-49 rating in live+same day, in a weak timeslot. Person of Interest has also been picked-up for a full season as it has done a 2.8 18-49 rating in live+same day so far, but that is regularly fourth place in its time period. It has done solid still, but it was one of CBS' highest tested dramas ever, so it should be higher in the ratings like comedy 2 Broke Girls has done. Unforgettable stars Poppy Montgomery, Dylan Walsh, Michael Gaston, Kevin Rankin and Daya Vaidya. Person of Interest stars Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Taraji P. Henson and Kevin Chapman. So with these two full season pick-ups, only A Gifted Man's fate is yet to be revealed for CBS. It just came off a good week for Friday in the ratings, so CBS might wait until after this Friday to see if it holds up. A Gifted Man airs CBS Friday at 8pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (November)
11/03 - Californication - The Complete Series
11/03 - Getting On - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
11/03 - Hank (1965-66) - The Complete Series
11/03 - I Love Lucy - The Complete Series
11/03 - Men at Work - The Complete Second Season
11/03 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/03 - 'Til Death - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - The Complete Remastered Series (DVD)
11/10 - Maude - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Final (Fourth) Season
11/17 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
11/17 - McHale's Navy - The Complete Series
11/17 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Fourth Season
11/24 - George Lopez - The Complete Sixth Seaon
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, November 24
Grandfathered - "Gerald's Two Dads" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jimmy plans his annual Malibu Thanksgiving day with one of the hottest stomach models on Instagram, but his plans get derailed when he swings by Sara’s house for an obligatory holiday visit and feels threatened by the return of her ex-boyfriend, Bruce (guest star Andy Daly).
The Grinder - "Giving Thanks, Getting Justice" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After spending several holidays away from the family, Dean is thrilled to be reunited with them for his first real Thanksgiving celebration in a long time. But his overexcitement and meddling brings a major, unexpected family secret to light. Meanwhile, a series of flashbacks reveal the chain of events that led to Dean’s departure from his hit TV drama, “The Grinder,” and its subsequent cancellation.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Christmas" (ABC Family, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi encourages Yolanda to reach out to her estranged sister; Josh tries to cheer up Elliot.
Family Time - "Kissing Cousins" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Ebony works on a school project to plot out her family tree; Lisa is getting older and refuses to admit that she needs glasses.
Tuesday, November 24
- Tim Allen (Last Man Standing/Home Improvement) - Catch Tim on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Krysten Ritter (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Krysten is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Oliver Platt (The Big C) - Oliver appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) - Roseanne stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Jason is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Diedrich Bader (The Drew Carey Show) - Diedrich appears on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Janet Varney (You're the Worst) - Janet is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- David Alan Grier (The Carmichael Show/Bad Teacher/Life with Bonnie) - David talks about The Wiz Live! on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe battled a health crisis that could have killed her. She returns with the important health lesson she wants you to know on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Ellen Cleghorne (Cleghorne!) - Ellen learns how to carve the bird on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Full House) - Candace serves up sweet treats for Thanksgiving like candy acorns on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) and Danica McKellar (The Wonder Years - Holly and Danica are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Marilu Henner (Taxi/Evening Shade) - Marilu appears on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse is a guest on People Now.