Wednesday, October 26, 2011
The Nanny Is Back on Nick at Nite and More Changes; CBS Picks-Up Unforgettable and Person of Interest For Full Seasons
Nick at Nite has altered its schedule as of Monday. First, it seems the 8pm hour on Mon-Thurs is back to Nickelodeon as SpongeBob is now regularly airing in the hour. Sundays at 8pm will still be Nick at Nite programming, though. Nick at Nite also doesn't have the 6am hour anymore, as The Fairly OddParents is airing in the hour now. So what do they have? Well, kicking it off weekdays in the 9pm hour is That '70s Show, then an hour of George Lopez at 10 leading into the Friends two-hour block from 11pm-1:08am. The 1:08am-2:12am hour features an encore of That '70s Show, leading into an episode each of Everybody Hates Chris and My Wife & Kids from 2:12am-3:18am, as these two sitcoms are now relegated to just one airing each on weeknights. Then from 3:18am-5:28am is now the return of The Nanny. TV Land will also still air the sitcom on weeknights approx. from 2-3am and 5:30am, so we will have plenty of overnight Fran Drescher. Like TV Land, Nick at Nite is off-the-clock, so these timings after 11pm are approximate as you can tell. Closing the weeknight line-up out is Family Matters at approx 5:28am.
The new weekend schedule will start next weekend, as this weekend (Oct. 29-31), Nick at Nite will feature Halloween episodes all night long (even Home Improvement!). Anyway on Saturday nights starting Nov. 5, That '70s Show kicks off the night in the 10pm hour, followed by Friends from 11pm-1:08am. Then we have an hour of My Wife & Kids from 1:08am-2:12am. George Lopez gets its only Saturday airing from 2:12am-3:18am, followed by the That '70s Show encore from 3:18am-4:24am. Then nearing the end of the night its The Nanny from 4:24am-5:28am and then Family Matters at 5:28am. For Sundays starting Nov. 6, That '70s Show airs in the 8pm hour to start the night. George Lopez follows at 9pm, then another episode of That '70s Show at 9:30pm. The 10pm hour will feature an episode each of That '70s Show and My Wife & Kids. Yes, this 9-11pm block seems like it could be a rough draft, so it could change. Then, like every other night its Friends from 11pm-1:08am. Then we have an hour of My Wife & Kids from 1:08am-2:12am like on Saturday nights. Then its the That '70s Show encore from 2:12am-3:18am. The Nanny will follow from 3:18am-4:24am. Then nearing the end of the night its Family Matters from 4:24am-5:28am and then a Glenn Martin sighting at 5:28am.
So there you have it, The Nanny is back on Nick at Nite...again. We gave you details on the Halloween shows already, so we won't go into detail on those, but stay with us for further updates on any stunts in November.
CBS has given full season orders to two of its new dramas: Unforgettable and Person of Interest. Unforgettable has won its time period (Tuesdays at 10pm) so far with an average of a 2.5 18-49 rating in live+same day, in a weak timeslot. Person of Interest has also been picked-up for a full season as it has done a 2.8 18-49 rating in live+same day so far, but that is regularly fourth place in its time period. It has done solid still, but it was one of CBS' highest tested dramas ever, so it should be higher in the ratings like comedy 2 Broke Girls has done. Unforgettable stars Poppy Montgomery, Dylan Walsh, Michael Gaston, Kevin Rankin and Daya Vaidya. Person of Interest stars Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Taraji P. Henson and Kevin Chapman. So with these two full season pick-ups, only A Gifted Man's fate is yet to be revealed for CBS. It just came off a good week for Friday in the ratings, so CBS might wait until after this Friday to see if it holds up. A Gifted Man airs CBS Friday at 8pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August)
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/20 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 5th Season
07/26 - Family Matters - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
08/02 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
08/09 - Maude - The Complete Final (Sixth) Season
08/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Three
08/23 - Superstore - Season One
08/23 - The Wonder Years - Complete Series (New Slipcase Version)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, August 26
Bunk'd - "Zuri Weasels Out" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Hazel makes Zuri a counselor in training in the weasel cabin, much to Hazel's dismay; Jorge and Griff tell Ravi that the camp's horse has a secret talent.
Girl Meets World - "Girl Meets Bear" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
It's a state of emergency in the Matthews household when Riley's childhood teddy bear, Barry, is missing; Riley gathers a search party.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Love Thy Privacy" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A heated discussion with Danny's family brings Troy to her limit.
Friday, August 26
- Jeff Foxworthy (The Jeff Foxworthy Show) - Watch Jeff on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also appears live in studio to discuss his new comedy show on People Now at 8:30am. He is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Abby Elliott (Odd Mom Out) - Abby visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Sarah Silverman (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Sarah chats with the ladies of The View on a repeat on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel guest co-hosts a repeat of LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jurnee Smollett-Bell (On Our Own) - Jurnee appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings. She teams with Mario Batali to dish up Blackened Spicy Garlic Salmon on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Hilary Duff (Younger/Lizzie McGuire) and Sutton Foster (Younger) - Hilary and Sutton are guests on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Brandy (Zoe Ever After/The Game/Moesha) - Brandy guest co-hosts a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- John Krasinski (The Office) and Margo Martindale (The Millers) - John and Margo talk about The Hollars on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. Margo will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.