Wednesday, October 26, 2011
The Nanny Is Back on Nick at Nite and More Changes; CBS Picks-Up Unforgettable and Person of Interest For Full Seasons
Nick at Nite has altered its schedule as of Monday. First, it seems the 8pm hour on Mon-Thurs is back to Nickelodeon as SpongeBob is now regularly airing in the hour. Sundays at 8pm will still be Nick at Nite programming, though. Nick at Nite also doesn't have the 6am hour anymore, as The Fairly OddParents is airing in the hour now. So what do they have? Well, kicking it off weekdays in the 9pm hour is That '70s Show, then an hour of George Lopez at 10 leading into the Friends two-hour block from 11pm-1:08am. The 1:08am-2:12am hour features an encore of That '70s Show, leading into an episode each of Everybody Hates Chris and My Wife & Kids from 2:12am-3:18am, as these two sitcoms are now relegated to just one airing each on weeknights. Then from 3:18am-5:28am is now the return of The Nanny. TV Land will also still air the sitcom on weeknights approx. from 2-3am and 5:30am, so we will have plenty of overnight Fran Drescher. Like TV Land, Nick at Nite is off-the-clock, so these timings after 11pm are approximate as you can tell. Closing the weeknight line-up out is Family Matters at approx 5:28am.
The new weekend schedule will start next weekend, as this weekend (Oct. 29-31), Nick at Nite will feature Halloween episodes all night long (even Home Improvement!). Anyway on Saturday nights starting Nov. 5, That '70s Show kicks off the night in the 10pm hour, followed by Friends from 11pm-1:08am. Then we have an hour of My Wife & Kids from 1:08am-2:12am. George Lopez gets its only Saturday airing from 2:12am-3:18am, followed by the That '70s Show encore from 3:18am-4:24am. Then nearing the end of the night its The Nanny from 4:24am-5:28am and then Family Matters at 5:28am. For Sundays starting Nov. 6, That '70s Show airs in the 8pm hour to start the night. George Lopez follows at 9pm, then another episode of That '70s Show at 9:30pm. The 10pm hour will feature an episode each of That '70s Show and My Wife & Kids. Yes, this 9-11pm block seems like it could be a rough draft, so it could change. Then, like every other night its Friends from 11pm-1:08am. Then we have an hour of My Wife & Kids from 1:08am-2:12am like on Saturday nights. Then its the That '70s Show encore from 2:12am-3:18am. The Nanny will follow from 3:18am-4:24am. Then nearing the end of the night its Family Matters from 4:24am-5:28am and then a Glenn Martin sighting at 5:28am.
So there you have it, The Nanny is back on Nick at Nite...again. We gave you details on the Halloween shows already, so we won't go into detail on those, but stay with us for further updates on any stunts in November.
CBS has given full season orders to two of its new dramas: Unforgettable and Person of Interest. Unforgettable has won its time period (Tuesdays at 10pm) so far with an average of a 2.5 18-49 rating in live+same day, in a weak timeslot. Person of Interest has also been picked-up for a full season as it has done a 2.8 18-49 rating in live+same day so far, but that is regularly fourth place in its time period. It has done solid still, but it was one of CBS' highest tested dramas ever, so it should be higher in the ratings like comedy 2 Broke Girls has done. Unforgettable stars Poppy Montgomery, Dylan Walsh, Michael Gaston, Kevin Rankin and Daya Vaidya. Person of Interest stars Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Taraji P. Henson and Kevin Chapman. So with these two full season pick-ups, only A Gifted Man's fate is yet to be revealed for CBS. It just came off a good week for Friday in the ratings, so CBS might wait until after this Friday to see if it holds up. A Gifted Man airs CBS Friday at 8pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series / Read Our Review
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, November 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Thanksgiving Coupling" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon protests when the gang drags him to Mrs. Wolowitz’s house for Thanksgiving. Meanwhile, Penny and Leonard must deal with a mistake from her past.
Mom - "Kimchi and a Monkey Playing Harmonica" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Christy has mixed feelings about Baxter's new relationship with Candace. Meanwhile, things between Bonnie and Alvin heat up. Sara Rue guest stars as Candace; Edward Asner guest stars as Christy and Bonnie’s neighbor, Jack. Kevin Pollak returns as Alvin.
Two and a Half Men - "Oontz Oontz Oontz" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Walden decides to foster a 6-year-old boy, but begins to doubt himself when they don’t bond like he expected. Edan Alexander joins the cast as Louis, the foster child.
The McCarthys - "Thanks a Lot, Ronny" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
During Thanksgiving dinner, the McCarthy family works together to manipulate Gerard into breaking up with his offensive girlfriend. Jessica St. Clair guest stars as Gerard’s girlfriend, Katrina.
Thursday, November 27
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker) - Catch Ted on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Rashida Jones (Parks and Recreation/The Office) - Rashida visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Reed Between the Lines/Girlfriends) - Tracee is a guest on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Bob Newhart (The Bob Newhart Show/Newhart/Bob) - Bob is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) - Melissa appears on a repeat The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin chats on Tavis Smiley, so check your local listings.
- Jennie Garth (Mystery Girls/What I Like About You) and Tori Spelling (Mystery Girls) - Jennie and Tori are guests on a repeat of the Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Kat Dennings (2 Broke Girls) - Watch Kat on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your local listings.
- Shia LaBeouf (Even Stevens) - Shia is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kim Cattrall (Sex and the City) - Kim shares why she's having the best sex of her life now and being happily single in the city on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Laurence Fisbburne (black-ish) - Laurence is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.
- Jenny McCarthy (Two and a Half Men/Jenny) - Jenny appears on a repeat of the Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril gives great ideas for your Thanksgiving leftovers on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Norman Lear (Producer of All in the Family/Sanford and Son/The Jeffersons/Good Times) - Norman chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- John Ratzenberger (Cheers) - John will be on Fox & Friends on Fox News Channel.