Wednesday, October 26, 2011
The Nanny Is Back on Nick at Nite and More Changes; CBS Picks-Up Unforgettable and Person of Interest For Full Seasons
Nick at Nite has altered its schedule as of Monday. First, it seems the 8pm hour on Mon-Thurs is back to Nickelodeon as SpongeBob is now regularly airing in the hour. Sundays at 8pm will still be Nick at Nite programming, though. Nick at Nite also doesn't have the 6am hour anymore, as The Fairly OddParents is airing in the hour now. So what do they have? Well, kicking it off weekdays in the 9pm hour is That '70s Show, then an hour of George Lopez at 10 leading into the Friends two-hour block from 11pm-1:08am. The 1:08am-2:12am hour features an encore of That '70s Show, leading into an episode each of Everybody Hates Chris and My Wife & Kids from 2:12am-3:18am, as these two sitcoms are now relegated to just one airing each on weeknights. Then from 3:18am-5:28am is now the return of The Nanny. TV Land will also still air the sitcom on weeknights approx. from 2-3am and 5:30am, so we will have plenty of overnight Fran Drescher. Like TV Land, Nick at Nite is off-the-clock, so these timings after 11pm are approximate as you can tell. Closing the weeknight line-up out is Family Matters at approx 5:28am.
The new weekend schedule will start next weekend, as this weekend (Oct. 29-31), Nick at Nite will feature Halloween episodes all night long (even Home Improvement!). Anyway on Saturday nights starting Nov. 5, That '70s Show kicks off the night in the 10pm hour, followed by Friends from 11pm-1:08am. Then we have an hour of My Wife & Kids from 1:08am-2:12am. George Lopez gets its only Saturday airing from 2:12am-3:18am, followed by the That '70s Show encore from 3:18am-4:24am. Then nearing the end of the night its The Nanny from 4:24am-5:28am and then Family Matters at 5:28am. For Sundays starting Nov. 6, That '70s Show airs in the 8pm hour to start the night. George Lopez follows at 9pm, then another episode of That '70s Show at 9:30pm. The 10pm hour will feature an episode each of That '70s Show and My Wife & Kids. Yes, this 9-11pm block seems like it could be a rough draft, so it could change. Then, like every other night its Friends from 11pm-1:08am. Then we have an hour of My Wife & Kids from 1:08am-2:12am like on Saturday nights. Then its the That '70s Show encore from 2:12am-3:18am. The Nanny will follow from 3:18am-4:24am. Then nearing the end of the night its Family Matters from 4:24am-5:28am and then a Glenn Martin sighting at 5:28am.
So there you have it, The Nanny is back on Nick at Nite...again. We gave you details on the Halloween shows already, so we won't go into detail on those, but stay with us for further updates on any stunts in November.
CBS has given full season orders to two of its new dramas: Unforgettable and Person of Interest. Unforgettable has won its time period (Tuesdays at 10pm) so far with an average of a 2.5 18-49 rating in live+same day, in a weak timeslot. Person of Interest has also been picked-up for a full season as it has done a 2.8 18-49 rating in live+same day so far, but that is regularly fourth place in its time period. It has done solid still, but it was one of CBS' highest tested dramas ever, so it should be higher in the ratings like comedy 2 Broke Girls has done. Unforgettable stars Poppy Montgomery, Dylan Walsh, Michael Gaston, Kevin Rankin and Daya Vaidya. Person of Interest stars Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Taraji P. Henson and Kevin Chapman. So with these two full season pick-ups, only A Gifted Man's fate is yet to be revealed for CBS. It just came off a good week for Friday in the ratings, so CBS might wait until after this Friday to see if it holds up. A Gifted Man airs CBS Friday at 8pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/16 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series
02/16 - The Brady Kids - The Complete Animated Series
02/16 - Girls - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
02/16 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Complete Series
02/16 - Togetherness - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, February 12
Bunk'd - "Luke's Back" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Luke gets some summer school help from Ravi and reunites with his siblings; Camp Kikiwaka and its rival engage in a turf war.
Girl Meets World - "Girl Meets Commonism" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Auggie experiences an existential crisis while trying to figure out what he wants to be; Farkle and Maya are caught cheating on a test and must face the school honor board.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Second Thoughts" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Troy discusses her marriage troubles with Hattie.
Friday, February 12
- George Clooney (The Facts of Life/Roseanne) - Watch George on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Raymond appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia is a guest on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Sarah appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jack McBrayer (30 Rock) - Jack is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Christine Taylor (Hey Dude) - Christine talks about Zoolander 2 on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy/American Dad!/The Cleveland Show) - Seth discusses his Grammy nomination on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Anders Holm (Workaholics/The Mindy Project) - Anders is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Malcolm-Jamal Warner (The Cosby Show/Malcolm & Eddie) - Malcolm-Jamal discusses his role as Al Cowlings in FX's American Crime Story: The People v. OJ Simpson on Access Hollywood Live (check your local listings) and on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Bailee Madison (Trophy Wife) - Bailee discusses her shows Good Witch, Once Upon a Time, and attending Fashion Week for the first time on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Meagan Good (Mr. Robinson/Raising Dad/Cousin Skeeter) - Meagan is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Dakota Johnson (Ben and Kate) - Dakota talks about How to Be Single on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM Hits 1 at 8am.