Wednesday, October 26, 2011
The Nanny Is Back on Nick at Nite and More Changes; CBS Picks-Up Unforgettable and Person of Interest For Full Seasons
Nick at Nite has altered its schedule as of Monday. First, it seems the 8pm hour on Mon-Thurs is back to Nickelodeon as SpongeBob is now regularly airing in the hour. Sundays at 8pm will still be Nick at Nite programming, though. Nick at Nite also doesn't have the 6am hour anymore, as The Fairly OddParents is airing in the hour now. So what do they have? Well, kicking it off weekdays in the 9pm hour is That '70s Show, then an hour of George Lopez at 10 leading into the Friends two-hour block from 11pm-1:08am. The 1:08am-2:12am hour features an encore of That '70s Show, leading into an episode each of Everybody Hates Chris and My Wife & Kids from 2:12am-3:18am, as these two sitcoms are now relegated to just one airing each on weeknights. Then from 3:18am-5:28am is now the return of The Nanny. TV Land will also still air the sitcom on weeknights approx. from 2-3am and 5:30am, so we will have plenty of overnight Fran Drescher. Like TV Land, Nick at Nite is off-the-clock, so these timings after 11pm are approximate as you can tell. Closing the weeknight line-up out is Family Matters at approx 5:28am.
The new weekend schedule will start next weekend, as this weekend (Oct. 29-31), Nick at Nite will feature Halloween episodes all night long (even Home Improvement!). Anyway on Saturday nights starting Nov. 5, That '70s Show kicks off the night in the 10pm hour, followed by Friends from 11pm-1:08am. Then we have an hour of My Wife & Kids from 1:08am-2:12am. George Lopez gets its only Saturday airing from 2:12am-3:18am, followed by the That '70s Show encore from 3:18am-4:24am. Then nearing the end of the night its The Nanny from 4:24am-5:28am and then Family Matters at 5:28am. For Sundays starting Nov. 6, That '70s Show airs in the 8pm hour to start the night. George Lopez follows at 9pm, then another episode of That '70s Show at 9:30pm. The 10pm hour will feature an episode each of That '70s Show and My Wife & Kids. Yes, this 9-11pm block seems like it could be a rough draft, so it could change. Then, like every other night its Friends from 11pm-1:08am. Then we have an hour of My Wife & Kids from 1:08am-2:12am like on Saturday nights. Then its the That '70s Show encore from 2:12am-3:18am. The Nanny will follow from 3:18am-4:24am. Then nearing the end of the night its Family Matters from 4:24am-5:28am and then a Glenn Martin sighting at 5:28am.
So there you have it, The Nanny is back on Nick at Nite...again. We gave you details on the Halloween shows already, so we won't go into detail on those, but stay with us for further updates on any stunts in November.
CBS has given full season orders to two of its new dramas: Unforgettable and Person of Interest. Unforgettable has won its time period (Tuesdays at 10pm) so far with an average of a 2.5 18-49 rating in live+same day, in a weak timeslot. Person of Interest has also been picked-up for a full season as it has done a 2.8 18-49 rating in live+same day so far, but that is regularly fourth place in its time period. It has done solid still, but it was one of CBS' highest tested dramas ever, so it should be higher in the ratings like comedy 2 Broke Girls has done. Unforgettable stars Poppy Montgomery, Dylan Walsh, Michael Gaston, Kevin Rankin and Daya Vaidya. Person of Interest stars Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Taraji P. Henson and Kevin Chapman. So with these two full season pick-ups, only A Gifted Man's fate is yet to be revealed for CBS. It just came off a good week for Friday in the ratings, so CBS might wait until after this Friday to see if it holds up. A Gifted Man airs CBS Friday at 8pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, September 3
The Big Bang Theory - "The Skywalker Incursion" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Leonard and Sheldon are invited to speak at UC Berkeley, they take a detour to try to meet an idol. Also, when Bernadette and Howard battle over the fate of his Dr. Who TARDIS, Raj and Amy offer to settle the dispute with a game of ping pong.
Mom - "Patient Zero and the Chocolate Fountain" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie’s contentious relationship makes them unwelcome guests wherever they go.
Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll - "Hard Out Here for a Pimp" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Johnny sets Gigi up with a boy her own age. Bam and Rehab come up with a new music genre.
Married - "Mother's Day" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Lina bails on her Mother's Day brunch.
Thursday, September 3
- Jason Sudeikis (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Catch Jason on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Liz Gillies (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/Victorious) - Liz visits Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Dove Cameron (Liv and Maddie) - Dove is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A.) and Joshua Malina (Sports Night) - Scott, Joshua and the cast of Scandal are guests on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Dennis Haysbert (Off the Rack/Just the Ten of Us) - Dennis will be on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Avan Jogia (Victorious) - Avan appears on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jillian Rose Reed (Awkward) - Jillian drops by Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Paul Scheer (The League/Fresh Off the Boat/The Hotwives) and Rob Huebel (Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp) - Paul and Rob are guests on People Chatter.