Wednesday, October 26, 2011
The Nanny Is Back on Nick at Nite and More Changes; CBS Picks-Up Unforgettable and Person of Interest For Full Seasons
Nick at Nite has altered its schedule as of Monday. First, it seems the 8pm hour on Mon-Thurs is back to Nickelodeon as SpongeBob is now regularly airing in the hour. Sundays at 8pm will still be Nick at Nite programming, though. Nick at Nite also doesn't have the 6am hour anymore, as The Fairly OddParents is airing in the hour now. So what do they have? Well, kicking it off weekdays in the 9pm hour is That '70s Show, then an hour of George Lopez at 10 leading into the Friends two-hour block from 11pm-1:08am. The 1:08am-2:12am hour features an encore of That '70s Show, leading into an episode each of Everybody Hates Chris and My Wife & Kids from 2:12am-3:18am, as these two sitcoms are now relegated to just one airing each on weeknights. Then from 3:18am-5:28am is now the return of The Nanny. TV Land will also still air the sitcom on weeknights approx. from 2-3am and 5:30am, so we will have plenty of overnight Fran Drescher. Like TV Land, Nick at Nite is off-the-clock, so these timings after 11pm are approximate as you can tell. Closing the weeknight line-up out is Family Matters at approx 5:28am.
The new weekend schedule will start next weekend, as this weekend (Oct. 29-31), Nick at Nite will feature Halloween episodes all night long (even Home Improvement!). Anyway on Saturday nights starting Nov. 5, That '70s Show kicks off the night in the 10pm hour, followed by Friends from 11pm-1:08am. Then we have an hour of My Wife & Kids from 1:08am-2:12am. George Lopez gets its only Saturday airing from 2:12am-3:18am, followed by the That '70s Show encore from 3:18am-4:24am. Then nearing the end of the night its The Nanny from 4:24am-5:28am and then Family Matters at 5:28am. For Sundays starting Nov. 6, That '70s Show airs in the 8pm hour to start the night. George Lopez follows at 9pm, then another episode of That '70s Show at 9:30pm. The 10pm hour will feature an episode each of That '70s Show and My Wife & Kids. Yes, this 9-11pm block seems like it could be a rough draft, so it could change. Then, like every other night its Friends from 11pm-1:08am. Then we have an hour of My Wife & Kids from 1:08am-2:12am like on Saturday nights. Then its the That '70s Show encore from 2:12am-3:18am. The Nanny will follow from 3:18am-4:24am. Then nearing the end of the night its Family Matters from 4:24am-5:28am and then a Glenn Martin sighting at 5:28am.
So there you have it, The Nanny is back on Nick at Nite...again. We gave you details on the Halloween shows already, so we won't go into detail on those, but stay with us for further updates on any stunts in November.
CBS has given full season orders to two of its new dramas: Unforgettable and Person of Interest. Unforgettable has won its time period (Tuesdays at 10pm) so far with an average of a 2.5 18-49 rating in live+same day, in a weak timeslot. Person of Interest has also been picked-up for a full season as it has done a 2.8 18-49 rating in live+same day so far, but that is regularly fourth place in its time period. It has done solid still, but it was one of CBS' highest tested dramas ever, so it should be higher in the ratings like comedy 2 Broke Girls has done. Unforgettable stars Poppy Montgomery, Dylan Walsh, Michael Gaston, Kevin Rankin and Daya Vaidya. Person of Interest stars Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Taraji P. Henson and Kevin Chapman. So with these two full season pick-ups, only A Gifted Man's fate is yet to be revealed for CBS. It just came off a good week for Friday in the ratings, so CBS might wait until after this Friday to see if it holds up. A Gifted Man airs CBS Friday at 8pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)
04/05 - 10 Items or Less - The Complete Series
04/05 - Episodes - The Fourth Season
04/05 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season One
04/12 - Family Matters - The Complete Sixth Season
04/12 - Grace and Frankie - Season One
04/12 - Welcome to Sweden - The Complete Second Season
04/19 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/19 - Veep - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
04/26 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official First Season
04/26 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Six
04/26 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series
04/26 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Second Season
04/29 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, April 30
Henry Danger - "Ox Pox" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Piper gets a mysterious illness, Captain Man must travel back in time to the 1700s to find the only cure.
School of Rock - "Should I Stay or Should I Go?" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Zack gets poached by another band right before the Battle of the Bands audition. But he learns a lesson about loyalty and friendship when he has to find a way back into School of Rock. Guest Star: Kendall Schmidt.
Bella and the Bulldogs - "Bella in the Spotlight" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bella notices that all of the attention on the Bulldogs is on her, so she tries to get the rest of the team the credit they deserve. Sophie helps Newt in a robot battle competition.
Saturday, April 30
- Josie Bissett (The Hogan Family) and Laura San Giacomo (Just Shoot Me!) - Josie and Laura will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) - Watch Louis on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Carol Kane (Taxi/American Dreamer/Pearl) - Carol drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- John Stamos (Grandfathered/Jake in Progress/Full House) - John visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Riki Lindhome (Another Period/Super Fun Night) - Riki drops by The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Rachael Harris (Surviving Jack/Notes from the Underbelly) - Rachael appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Amanda Crew (Silicon Valley) - Amanda stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Dave Coulier (Fuller House/Full House) - Dave is a guest on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Tichina Arnold (Survivor's Remorse/Happily Divorced/Everybody Hates Chris/Martin) - Tichina appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Morris Chestnut (Out All Night) - Morris discusses Rosewood on the AOL Build Show at 3:45pm.
- Bill Engvall (The Bill Engvall Show) - Bill appears on The Doctors, so check your local listings.