Wednesday, October 26, 2011
The Nanny Is Back on Nick at Nite and More Changes; CBS Picks-Up Unforgettable and Person of Interest For Full Seasons
Nick at Nite has altered its schedule as of Monday. First, it seems the 8pm hour on Mon-Thurs is back to Nickelodeon as SpongeBob is now regularly airing in the hour. Sundays at 8pm will still be Nick at Nite programming, though. Nick at Nite also doesn't have the 6am hour anymore, as The Fairly OddParents is airing in the hour now. So what do they have? Well, kicking it off weekdays in the 9pm hour is That '70s Show, then an hour of George Lopez at 10 leading into the Friends two-hour block from 11pm-1:08am. The 1:08am-2:12am hour features an encore of That '70s Show, leading into an episode each of Everybody Hates Chris and My Wife & Kids from 2:12am-3:18am, as these two sitcoms are now relegated to just one airing each on weeknights. Then from 3:18am-5:28am is now the return of The Nanny. TV Land will also still air the sitcom on weeknights approx. from 2-3am and 5:30am, so we will have plenty of overnight Fran Drescher. Like TV Land, Nick at Nite is off-the-clock, so these timings after 11pm are approximate as you can tell. Closing the weeknight line-up out is Family Matters at approx 5:28am.
The new weekend schedule will start next weekend, as this weekend (Oct. 29-31), Nick at Nite will feature Halloween episodes all night long (even Home Improvement!). Anyway on Saturday nights starting Nov. 5, That '70s Show kicks off the night in the 10pm hour, followed by Friends from 11pm-1:08am. Then we have an hour of My Wife & Kids from 1:08am-2:12am. George Lopez gets its only Saturday airing from 2:12am-3:18am, followed by the That '70s Show encore from 3:18am-4:24am. Then nearing the end of the night its The Nanny from 4:24am-5:28am and then Family Matters at 5:28am. For Sundays starting Nov. 6, That '70s Show airs in the 8pm hour to start the night. George Lopez follows at 9pm, then another episode of That '70s Show at 9:30pm. The 10pm hour will feature an episode each of That '70s Show and My Wife & Kids. Yes, this 9-11pm block seems like it could be a rough draft, so it could change. Then, like every other night its Friends from 11pm-1:08am. Then we have an hour of My Wife & Kids from 1:08am-2:12am like on Saturday nights. Then its the That '70s Show encore from 2:12am-3:18am. The Nanny will follow from 3:18am-4:24am. Then nearing the end of the night its Family Matters from 4:24am-5:28am and then a Glenn Martin sighting at 5:28am.
So there you have it, The Nanny is back on Nick at Nite...again. We gave you details on the Halloween shows already, so we won't go into detail on those, but stay with us for further updates on any stunts in November.
CBS has given full season orders to two of its new dramas: Unforgettable and Person of Interest. Unforgettable has won its time period (Tuesdays at 10pm) so far with an average of a 2.5 18-49 rating in live+same day, in a weak timeslot. Person of Interest has also been picked-up for a full season as it has done a 2.8 18-49 rating in live+same day so far, but that is regularly fourth place in its time period. It has done solid still, but it was one of CBS' highest tested dramas ever, so it should be higher in the ratings like comedy 2 Broke Girls has done. Unforgettable stars Poppy Montgomery, Dylan Walsh, Michael Gaston, Kevin Rankin and Daya Vaidya. Person of Interest stars Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Taraji P. Henson and Kevin Chapman. So with these two full season pick-ups, only A Gifted Man's fate is yet to be revealed for CBS. It just came off a good week for Friday in the ratings, so CBS might wait until after this Friday to see if it holds up. A Gifted Man airs CBS Friday at 8pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - TARGET="_blank">Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, October 21
Selfie - "Nugget of Wisdom" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Eliza accepts Henry’s challenge to do something helpful over the weekend and reluctantly offers to babysit Charmonique’s young son on a Saturday night. Little does she know that young Kevin has a lot to teach her about having fun.
Manhattan Love Story - "It's Complicated" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Dana and Peter continue to enjoy New York and each other, but when they realize they still haven’t had sex, both decide tonight’s the night following a sexy and swanky dinner at an upscale oyster restaurant. But when the couple finds their reservation is pushed, Dana and Peter head elsewhere, not knowing that their romantic evening is about to go from intimate dinner to disaster. Meanwhile, Amy and David spend an evening babysitting and make a decision that will impact their future forever.
Marry Me - "Move Me" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Jake (Ken Marino) moves into Annie’s (Casey Wilson) apartment and she begins to feel the pinch of having to share her space with someone. She confesses her claustrophobia to her dads Kevin 1 (Tim Meadows) and Kevin 2 (Dan Bucatinsky) but her stress continues to mount. Meanwhile, Gil (John Gemberling) discovers an all-you-can-eat buffet where he can eat for one low price all day – as long as he never leaves the restaurant.
About a Boy - "About a House for Sale" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
In an effort to fix his money problems, Will (David Walton) is advised to sell his house in San Francisco. Faced with his impending absence away from Fiona (Minnie Driver) and Marcus (Benjamin Stockham), Will focuses all of his energies into finding Marcus a new best friend. Meanwhile, Sam (guest star Adrianne Palicki) flies out to help Will pack up the rest of his belongings, only to discover a few surprises when she arrives.
Tuesday, October 21
- Krysten Ritter (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Catch Krysten on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Dana Carvey (One of the Boys) - Dana visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Cristin Milioti (A to Z/How I Met Your Mother) - Cristin stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ty Burrell (Modern Family/Back to You/Out of Practice) - Ty is a guest on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Kat Dennings (2 Broke Girls) - Kat appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Sarah drops by ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Julie is a guest on HuffPost Live at 2:30pm.
- Eric Andre (2 Broke Girls/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Eric appears on HuffPost Live at 3:00pm.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/Hot Properties/The Knights of Prosperity) - Sofia will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Ken Marino (Marry Me/Party Down) - Ken talks about Marry Me on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- B.J. Novak (The Office) - B.J. is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.
- Tori Spelling (Mystery Girls) - Tori will be on Big Morning Buzz on VH1 at 9:00am.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Neil can be heard on Morning Mash-Up on SiriuxXM Hits 1 channel 2 at 8:15am.
- Jim Gaffigan (My Boys/Welcome to New York - Jim shares some of his favorite food adventures, and dishes on what it's like raising five kids in a New York City apartment on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.