Wednesday, October 26, 2011
The Nanny Is Back on Nick at Nite and More Changes; CBS Picks-Up Unforgettable and Person of Interest For Full Seasons
Nick at Nite has altered its schedule as of Monday. First, it seems the 8pm hour on Mon-Thurs is back to Nickelodeon as SpongeBob is now regularly airing in the hour. Sundays at 8pm will still be Nick at Nite programming, though. Nick at Nite also doesn't have the 6am hour anymore, as The Fairly OddParents is airing in the hour now. So what do they have? Well, kicking it off weekdays in the 9pm hour is That '70s Show, then an hour of George Lopez at 10 leading into the Friends two-hour block from 11pm-1:08am. The 1:08am-2:12am hour features an encore of That '70s Show, leading into an episode each of Everybody Hates Chris and My Wife & Kids from 2:12am-3:18am, as these two sitcoms are now relegated to just one airing each on weeknights. Then from 3:18am-5:28am is now the return of The Nanny. TV Land will also still air the sitcom on weeknights approx. from 2-3am and 5:30am, so we will have plenty of overnight Fran Drescher. Like TV Land, Nick at Nite is off-the-clock, so these timings after 11pm are approximate as you can tell. Closing the weeknight line-up out is Family Matters at approx 5:28am.
The new weekend schedule will start next weekend, as this weekend (Oct. 29-31), Nick at Nite will feature Halloween episodes all night long (even Home Improvement!). Anyway on Saturday nights starting Nov. 5, That '70s Show kicks off the night in the 10pm hour, followed by Friends from 11pm-1:08am. Then we have an hour of My Wife & Kids from 1:08am-2:12am. George Lopez gets its only Saturday airing from 2:12am-3:18am, followed by the That '70s Show encore from 3:18am-4:24am. Then nearing the end of the night its The Nanny from 4:24am-5:28am and then Family Matters at 5:28am. For Sundays starting Nov. 6, That '70s Show airs in the 8pm hour to start the night. George Lopez follows at 9pm, then another episode of That '70s Show at 9:30pm. The 10pm hour will feature an episode each of That '70s Show and My Wife & Kids. Yes, this 9-11pm block seems like it could be a rough draft, so it could change. Then, like every other night its Friends from 11pm-1:08am. Then we have an hour of My Wife & Kids from 1:08am-2:12am like on Saturday nights. Then its the That '70s Show encore from 2:12am-3:18am. The Nanny will follow from 3:18am-4:24am. Then nearing the end of the night its Family Matters from 4:24am-5:28am and then a Glenn Martin sighting at 5:28am.
So there you have it, The Nanny is back on Nick at Nite...again. We gave you details on the Halloween shows already, so we won't go into detail on those, but stay with us for further updates on any stunts in November.
CBS has given full season orders to two of its new dramas: Unforgettable and Person of Interest. Unforgettable has won its time period (Tuesdays at 10pm) so far with an average of a 2.5 18-49 rating in live+same day, in a weak timeslot. Person of Interest has also been picked-up for a full season as it has done a 2.8 18-49 rating in live+same day so far, but that is regularly fourth place in its time period. It has done solid still, but it was one of CBS' highest tested dramas ever, so it should be higher in the ratings like comedy 2 Broke Girls has done. Unforgettable stars Poppy Montgomery, Dylan Walsh, Michael Gaston, Kevin Rankin and Daya Vaidya. Person of Interest stars Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Taraji P. Henson and Kevin Chapman. So with these two full season pick-ups, only A Gifted Man's fate is yet to be revealed for CBS. It just came off a good week for Friday in the ratings, so CBS might wait until after this Friday to see if it holds up. A Gifted Man airs CBS Friday at 8pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, May 27
The Simpsons - "Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Lonely Professor Fink uses science to turn himself into a man whom women find attractive. Then, overwhelmed by the attention, he invents an algorithm to perfectly pair the lonely men and women of Springfield, realizing that scientific exploration is his true love. Meanwhile, Marge, Bart, and Lisa visit Grampa for Valentine’s Day and try to rescue the old folks from a drug-induced hallucination that allows them to relive their happiest memories.
The Simpsons - "Gal of Constant Sorrow" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Bart accidentally sends a sweet homeless woman’s cart into the river, he allows her to live in his closet for a small fee. When Lisa discovers that the woman is an incredible folk singer, she offers her own closet and plans a concert, only to be disappointed by Hettie’s surprising substance abuse and violent nature. Meanwhile Homer tries to prove he’s handy, but accidentally traps the cat in the walls of the house.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "True Intentions" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Angela and Leslie are shocked when Jennifer confesses she has been keeping a secret.
Friday, May 27
- Maya Rudolph (Up All Night) - Watch Maya on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Rashida Jones (Angie Tribeca/Parks and Recreation/The Office) - Rashida visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also talks about Angie Tribeca on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Amanda Peet (Togetherness/Bent) - Amanda appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Jason appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny/Happily Divorced) - Fran is a guest on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Lizzy Caplan (The Class/Party Down) - Lizzy talks about Now You See Me 2 on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig appears on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Danica McKellar (The Wonder Years) - Danica talks about the Hallmark Channel original movie Wedding Bells on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Ernie Hudson (Grace and Frankie/The Last Precinct) - Ernie shares a fun flashback from the original Ghostbusters on People Now at 8:30am.
- Sam Waterson (Grace and Frankie) - Sam talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- David Alan Grier (The Carmichael Show/Life with Bonnie/DAG) - David appears on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/TWo and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.