Wednesday, October 26, 2011
The Nanny Is Back on Nick at Nite and More Changes; CBS Picks-Up Unforgettable and Person of Interest For Full Seasons
Nick at Nite has altered its schedule as of Monday. First, it seems the 8pm hour on Mon-Thurs is back to Nickelodeon as SpongeBob is now regularly airing in the hour. Sundays at 8pm will still be Nick at Nite programming, though. Nick at Nite also doesn't have the 6am hour anymore, as The Fairly OddParents is airing in the hour now. So what do they have? Well, kicking it off weekdays in the 9pm hour is That '70s Show, then an hour of George Lopez at 10 leading into the Friends two-hour block from 11pm-1:08am. The 1:08am-2:12am hour features an encore of That '70s Show, leading into an episode each of Everybody Hates Chris and My Wife & Kids from 2:12am-3:18am, as these two sitcoms are now relegated to just one airing each on weeknights. Then from 3:18am-5:28am is now the return of The Nanny. TV Land will also still air the sitcom on weeknights approx. from 2-3am and 5:30am, so we will have plenty of overnight Fran Drescher. Like TV Land, Nick at Nite is off-the-clock, so these timings after 11pm are approximate as you can tell. Closing the weeknight line-up out is Family Matters at approx 5:28am.
The new weekend schedule will start next weekend, as this weekend (Oct. 29-31), Nick at Nite will feature Halloween episodes all night long (even Home Improvement!). Anyway on Saturday nights starting Nov. 5, That '70s Show kicks off the night in the 10pm hour, followed by Friends from 11pm-1:08am. Then we have an hour of My Wife & Kids from 1:08am-2:12am. George Lopez gets its only Saturday airing from 2:12am-3:18am, followed by the That '70s Show encore from 3:18am-4:24am. Then nearing the end of the night its The Nanny from 4:24am-5:28am and then Family Matters at 5:28am. For Sundays starting Nov. 6, That '70s Show airs in the 8pm hour to start the night. George Lopez follows at 9pm, then another episode of That '70s Show at 9:30pm. The 10pm hour will feature an episode each of That '70s Show and My Wife & Kids. Yes, this 9-11pm block seems like it could be a rough draft, so it could change. Then, like every other night its Friends from 11pm-1:08am. Then we have an hour of My Wife & Kids from 1:08am-2:12am like on Saturday nights. Then its the That '70s Show encore from 2:12am-3:18am. The Nanny will follow from 3:18am-4:24am. Then nearing the end of the night its Family Matters from 4:24am-5:28am and then a Glenn Martin sighting at 5:28am.
So there you have it, The Nanny is back on Nick at Nite...again. We gave you details on the Halloween shows already, so we won't go into detail on those, but stay with us for further updates on any stunts in November.
CBS has given full season orders to two of its new dramas: Unforgettable and Person of Interest. Unforgettable has won its time period (Tuesdays at 10pm) so far with an average of a 2.5 18-49 rating in live+same day, in a weak timeslot. Person of Interest has also been picked-up for a full season as it has done a 2.8 18-49 rating in live+same day so far, but that is regularly fourth place in its time period. It has done solid still, but it was one of CBS' highest tested dramas ever, so it should be higher in the ratings like comedy 2 Broke Girls has done. Unforgettable stars Poppy Montgomery, Dylan Walsh, Michael Gaston, Kevin Rankin and Daya Vaidya. Person of Interest stars Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Taraji P. Henson and Kevin Chapman. So with these two full season pick-ups, only A Gifted Man's fate is yet to be revealed for CBS. It just came off a good week for Friday in the ratings, so CBS might wait until after this Friday to see if it holds up. A Gifted Man airs CBS Friday at 8pm.
How I Met Your Mother - "Daisy" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Marshall enlists Ted and Barney to help him figure out where Lily went when she left in the middle of their fight.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Soft Opening" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Business booms for Max and Caroline’s new cupcake walk-up window when word spreads about a shocking incident involving a rock star.
Mike & Molly - "Rich Man, Poor Girl" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Victoria brings home a new boyfriend and the entire family wonders if he’s finally “the one.”
Mom - "Belgian Waffles and Bathroom Privileges" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Christy has trouble accepting how much easier life is with Bonnie in the house. Meanwhile, Baxter sets up camp in the driveway.
Monday, March 10
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Watch Steve on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today between 7-9am. Finally, he chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andy appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Minnie Driver (About a Boy) - Minnie is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Weeds) - Kevin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nia Long (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air), Zulay Henao (Love Thy Neighbor), Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) and Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs) - The cast of The Single Moms Club are guests on The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Paul Scheer (The League) - Paul appears on The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Ray appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Krysten Ritter (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Krysten talks about her new movie Veronica Mars on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jennie Garth (What I Like About You) - Jennie joins Clinton Kelly and prepares a savory layered dish with mushrooms and polenta and discusses her new book (Deep Thoughts from a Hollywood Blonde) on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey and Troy Gentile (The Goldbergs) - Wendi and Troy will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings. Wendi will also be on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Chris Lowell (Enlisted) - Chris talks about the new Veronica Mars movie on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He will also be on WPIX Morning News at 8:45AM in New York and on HuffPost Live.
- Jenna Elfman (Growing Up Fisher/1600 Penn/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- The Cast of Mixology - The cast of Mixology will be guests on Pop Sugar on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.
- Jason Ritter (The Class) - Jason appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/Silver Spoons) - Jason visits NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Wilmer Valderrama (That '70s Show) - Wilmer is a guest on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy appears on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.