Wednesday, October 26, 2011
The Nanny Is Back on Nick at Nite and More Changes; CBS Picks-Up Unforgettable and Person of Interest For Full Seasons
Nick at Nite has altered its schedule as of Monday. First, it seems the 8pm hour on Mon-Thurs is back to Nickelodeon as SpongeBob is now regularly airing in the hour. Sundays at 8pm will still be Nick at Nite programming, though. Nick at Nite also doesn't have the 6am hour anymore, as The Fairly OddParents is airing in the hour now. So what do they have? Well, kicking it off weekdays in the 9pm hour is That '70s Show, then an hour of George Lopez at 10 leading into the Friends two-hour block from 11pm-1:08am. The 1:08am-2:12am hour features an encore of That '70s Show, leading into an episode each of Everybody Hates Chris and My Wife & Kids from 2:12am-3:18am, as these two sitcoms are now relegated to just one airing each on weeknights. Then from 3:18am-5:28am is now the return of The Nanny. TV Land will also still air the sitcom on weeknights approx. from 2-3am and 5:30am, so we will have plenty of overnight Fran Drescher. Like TV Land, Nick at Nite is off-the-clock, so these timings after 11pm are approximate as you can tell. Closing the weeknight line-up out is Family Matters at approx 5:28am.
The new weekend schedule will start next weekend, as this weekend (Oct. 29-31), Nick at Nite will feature Halloween episodes all night long (even Home Improvement!). Anyway on Saturday nights starting Nov. 5, That '70s Show kicks off the night in the 10pm hour, followed by Friends from 11pm-1:08am. Then we have an hour of My Wife & Kids from 1:08am-2:12am. George Lopez gets its only Saturday airing from 2:12am-3:18am, followed by the That '70s Show encore from 3:18am-4:24am. Then nearing the end of the night its The Nanny from 4:24am-5:28am and then Family Matters at 5:28am. For Sundays starting Nov. 6, That '70s Show airs in the 8pm hour to start the night. George Lopez follows at 9pm, then another episode of That '70s Show at 9:30pm. The 10pm hour will feature an episode each of That '70s Show and My Wife & Kids. Yes, this 9-11pm block seems like it could be a rough draft, so it could change. Then, like every other night its Friends from 11pm-1:08am. Then we have an hour of My Wife & Kids from 1:08am-2:12am like on Saturday nights. Then its the That '70s Show encore from 2:12am-3:18am. The Nanny will follow from 3:18am-4:24am. Then nearing the end of the night its Family Matters from 4:24am-5:28am and then a Glenn Martin sighting at 5:28am.
So there you have it, The Nanny is back on Nick at Nite...again. We gave you details on the Halloween shows already, so we won't go into detail on those, but stay with us for further updates on any stunts in November.
CBS has given full season orders to two of its new dramas: Unforgettable and Person of Interest. Unforgettable has won its time period (Tuesdays at 10pm) so far with an average of a 2.5 18-49 rating in live+same day, in a weak timeslot. Person of Interest has also been picked-up for a full season as it has done a 2.8 18-49 rating in live+same day so far, but that is regularly fourth place in its time period. It has done solid still, but it was one of CBS' highest tested dramas ever, so it should be higher in the ratings like comedy 2 Broke Girls has done. Unforgettable stars Poppy Montgomery, Dylan Walsh, Michael Gaston, Kevin Rankin and Daya Vaidya. Person of Interest stars Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Taraji P. Henson and Kevin Chapman. So with these two full season pick-ups, only A Gifted Man's fate is yet to be revealed for CBS. It just came off a good week for Friday in the ratings, so CBS might wait until after this Friday to see if it holds up. A Gifted Man airs CBS Friday at 8pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/03 - The Bob Newhart Show - Season Five
02/03 - The Bob Newhart Show - The Final (Sixth) Season
02/03 - Maude - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek) / The Complete Series Available 3/17 (Shout! Factory)
02/03 - The Wonder Years - Season Two
02/10 - Mama's Family - The Complete Sixth Season
02/10 - Nurse Jackie - Season Six (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, February 26
The Big Bang Theory - "The Intimacy Acceleration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As a joke, Sheldon and Penny try an experiment designed to make participants fall in love. Also, Leonard, Amy, Raj and Emily spend the evening trying to escape a room with a “zombie.” And, after returning from Mrs. Wolowitz’ funeral, Bernadette and Howard run into trouble at the airport.
The Odd Couple - "The Ghostwriter" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar is hired to ghostwrite the autobiography of a retired baseball player, Felix offers his “help” by advising Murph to go in a different direction, making Oscar’s job more difficult.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Champagne Reflection" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon says a tearful goodbye to “Fun with Flags.” Also, Leonard, Howard and Raj look for something significant in a dead professor’s research, and Bernadette is shocked to learn her co-workers’ true feelings from Penny.
Mom - "Turkey Meatballs and a Getaway Car" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Christy discovers she enjoys sex most when there's a risk of getting caught. Meanwhile, Bonnie takes her new role as secretary of the women's meeting a little too seriously.
Thursday, February 26
- J.B. Smoove (The Millers/'Til Death/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Catch J.B. on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory) - Kunal guest co-hosts The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Bob Newhart (The Bob Newhart Show/Newhart/Bob) - Bob appears on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth/30 Rock) - Will drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/The Office) - Ellie visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kate Micucci (The Big Bang Theory/Raising Hope/'Til Death) - Kate is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Mindy Kaling (The Mindy Project/The Office) - Melissa appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mark Duplass (Togetherness/The Mindy Project/The League) - Mark stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jack McBrayer (30 Rock) - Jack visits Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Jeff Garlin (The Goldbergs/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Jeff is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Téa Leoni (The Naked Truth/Flying Blind) - Téa will be on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Teri Polo (I'm with Her/Man Up!) - Teri chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Robbie Amell (1600 Penn/True Jackson, VP/Life with Derek) - Robbie discusses The Flash on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Amanda Peet (Togetherness/Bent) - Amanda will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Debi Mazar (Younger/Entourage) - Debi is tentatively scheduled to appear on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.