Wednesday, October 12, 2011
GMC Brings Back Cosby; Amanda Show Returns To TeenNick, Plus Nick at Nite, TeenNick Halloween Update
The regular weekday schedule still features Don't Forget the Lyrics! from 10am-12pm, followed by The Waltons at noon and 1pm, back-to-back Judging Amy at 2 & 3pm, Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman at 4pm & 5pm, and more Waltons from 6-9pm. In primetime from 9-11pm, movies air on Mondays, with Judging Amy on Tuesdays, Don't Forget the Lyrics! on Wednesdays, and Heartland on Thursdays. On Fridays, The Waltons airs from 12pm-9pm leading into movies from 9pm-1am. In late nights, as we mentioned, 227 airs in the 11pm hour, followed by Amen at midnight and now Cosby at 1am. Saturdays still features marathons of Sister, Sister starting at 9am, then 227 in the afternoon and evening. Some weeks also have Amen following 227. And finally on Sundays, movies usually rule the day with Heartland airing at 11pm & 12am. Stay with us for any further information or changes.
We mentioned that The Amanda Show and Are You Afraid of the Dark are on hold on TeenNick, but now they are scheduled! The Amanda Show has the best news because the series is now airing every weekday from 6-7am and again from 2-3pm! This change was made effective yesterday, so tune in today for Amanda Bynes and the gang! It's not airing in "The '90s Are All That" block, but this is still good news for the sketch comedy. Moving on to Halloween updates, TeenNick revives the spooky Nickelodeon classic Are You Afraid of the Dark? giving viewers the chance to vote for their favorite episodes at http://90sareallthat.teennick.com/ beginning Friday, Oct. 21. Winning episodes will air during "UPick with Stick" on Friday, Oct. 28, at 10:00 p.m. (ET) with four classic episodes airing. No word if the series will eventually air daily, but this is a start! Additionally, from Monday, Oct. 24 through Monday, Oct. 31, frightening episodes of old-school Nickelodeon shows currently airing in TeenNick's "The '90s Are All That" block will haunt those who dare to watch.
Nick at Nite will feature family favorites full of spine-chilling terror and laughs with holiday-themed episodes of Everybody Hates Chris, Family Matters, Friends, George Lopez, Home Improvement and That 70's Show from Saturday, Oct. 29 through Monday, Oct. 31. In other Nick at Nite and TeenNick news, David Beckham, Jessica Biel, Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift join creator, host and executive producer Nick Cannon in rolling out the orange carpet for this year's TeenNick HALO Awards! Recognizing real-life teens who are "Helping and Leading Others" (HALO), the third annual awards show features four extraordinary honorees and pairs them with a mega-celebrity who shares their commitment to service. The 90-minute special will also feature musical performances, celebrity presenters and special surprises. For the first time ever, the TeenNick HALO Awards will be taped live at the Hollywood Palladium in Los Angeles, Calif., on Wednesday, Oct. 26, and premiere Sunday, Nov. 6, at 8:00 p.m. (ET/PT) first on Nick at Nite. The special will then encore Monday, Nov. 7, at 9:00 p.m. (ET) on TeenNick.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, January 23
Kevin Can Wait - "Choke Doubt" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Kevin brags about saving a man from choking after hearing how much attention his brother Kyle is receiving for saving a cat. Adam Ferrara guest stars as Bill, a man Kevin saves from choking, and “The Insider” correspondent Michael Yo guest stars as Tom, a morning show anchor who interviews Kyle.
Man with a Plan - "The Talk" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam and Andi have the dreaded “talk” with Teddy and Kate, their awkward approach makes the kids horribly uncomfortable.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Emergency Contractor" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Max and Caroline get home from their road trip, Caroline discovers she likes the dessert bar renovations as much as she likes Bobby (Christopher Gorham), the contractor on the job. Also, Max rushes to Randy’s side when she hears he’s in the hospital in New York City, and Sophie joins a mommy group that cares more about partying than baby talk.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Conjugal Conjecture" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Sheldon’s mother and Leonard's father share an evening together, everyone deals with an awkward morning the next day. Also, Penny’s family arrives for the wedding ceremony, including her anxiety-ridden mother, Susan (Katey Sagal), and her drug dealing brother, Randall (Jack McBrayer). Dean Norris guest stars as Colonel Williams, an Air Force Representative from the Department of Materiel Command. Christine Baranski, Laurie Metcalf, Judd Hirsch and Keith Carradine return.
Monday, January 23
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT, on Access Hollywood Live (check your local listings) and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Free Agents) - Kathryn will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.