Thursday, October 27, 2011
Fat Albert Halloween Special Bounces to Bounce TV; TeenNick Brings Back Are You Afraid of the Dark Stunt...Again
We reported that Broadcast Partners was selling classic holiday animated specials in syndication and that MeTV Network and ThisTV bought many of the Christmas ones, but now one more has found a home -- a Halloween special. Bounce TV, the new over-the-air television network for African Americans, will air the classic special Fat Albert's Halloween Special this weekend and will present a mini-marathon of the classic 1977 special on Halloween night, Neal Ardman tells TVNewsCheck. The special will premiere on Bounce TV tomorrow night (Friday, Oct. 28) at 7pm ET and will also be seen Saturday, Oct. 29, and Sunday, Oct. 30 at 6:30pm ET. Bounce TV will present consecutive airings of Fat Albert's Halloween Special on Halloween, Monday, Oct. 31 from 8-10pm ET.
Bounce TV is seen on affiliates in Chicago, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Houston, Cleveland/Akron, San Francisco, Milwaukee, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Hartford/New Haven, Norfolk, Dayton, West Palm Beach, Birmingham, Memphis, Louisville, Richmond and other cities. New Bounce TV markets are expected to be announced before the end of the year.
And as Halloween is just a few days away, get ready for the perennial classic It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown tonight at 8/7c on ABC. ABC will have its premiere of the holiday special Scared Shrekless (which premiered on NBC last year) on Halloween night starting at 7:58pm (thru 8:28pm), as Dancing with the Stars host Tom Bergeron will preview and host the special live from the ballroom leading into the Halloween episode of Dancing with the Stars (8:30pm-10pm). Unfortunately, there are no other animated specials on broadcast television this year. I wish someone would air the Garfield one, but oh well. It's great that Fat Albert is making an appearance this Halloween, at least.
TeenNick has changed their mind once again about the Are You Afraid of the Dark Halloween stunt on The '90s Are All That block. This time they have put it back on the schedule for Halloween weekend. We just reported a few days ago that the previous stunt for Friday, Oct. 28 was pulled, but now they have brought that back and more. Tomorrow night (Friday, Oct. 28), TeenNick will air three episodes of Are You Afraid of the Dark from 12am-1:30am, followed by an airing of Salute Your Shorts at 1:30am. This block will encore from 2-4am. The following night (Saturday), the block will feature three more episodes of Dark, followed by an AAAHH!!! Real Monsters airing at 1:30am, and of course this block will encore from 2-4am, too. On Sunday, The '90s Are All That block will feature an episode of Dark at 12 midnight, followed by the 90-minute Kenan & Kel series finale movie "Two Heads Are Better Than None" from 12:30am-2am. These will encore from 2-4am, of course. And finally on Halloween night (Monday), the 2000 Nickelodeon film Cry Baby Lane will air from 12am-1:30am, followed by Are You Afraid of the Dark at 1:30am. And if you missed any of that, catch it again from 2-4am.
If this changes (which won't surprise us anymore), we will let you know, so keep it right here as always. In other TeenNick news, they have scheduled an Amanda Show and Zoey 101 marathon stunt this weekend, beginning at 1pm both days. TeenNick will also air the movie The Boy Who Cried Wolf on Saturday night at 7pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 3
Henry Danger - "Dodging Danger" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Henry uses his new super power to compete in a Dodge-A-Leen tournament, Ray, Schwoz, and Charlotte go undercover to teach Henry a lesson.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.