Thursday, October 27, 2011
Fat Albert Halloween Special Bounces to Bounce TV; TeenNick Brings Back Are You Afraid of the Dark Stunt...Again
We reported that Broadcast Partners was selling classic holiday animated specials in syndication and that MeTV Network and ThisTV bought many of the Christmas ones, but now one more has found a home -- a Halloween special. Bounce TV, the new over-the-air television network for African Americans, will air the classic special Fat Albert's Halloween Special this weekend and will present a mini-marathon of the classic 1977 special on Halloween night, Neal Ardman tells TVNewsCheck. The special will premiere on Bounce TV tomorrow night (Friday, Oct. 28) at 7pm ET and will also be seen Saturday, Oct. 29, and Sunday, Oct. 30 at 6:30pm ET. Bounce TV will present consecutive airings of Fat Albert's Halloween Special on Halloween, Monday, Oct. 31 from 8-10pm ET.
Bounce TV is seen on affiliates in Chicago, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Houston, Cleveland/Akron, San Francisco, Milwaukee, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Hartford/New Haven, Norfolk, Dayton, West Palm Beach, Birmingham, Memphis, Louisville, Richmond and other cities. New Bounce TV markets are expected to be announced before the end of the year.
And as Halloween is just a few days away, get ready for the perennial classic It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown tonight at 8/7c on ABC. ABC will have its premiere of the holiday special Scared Shrekless (which premiered on NBC last year) on Halloween night starting at 7:58pm (thru 8:28pm), as Dancing with the Stars host Tom Bergeron will preview and host the special live from the ballroom leading into the Halloween episode of Dancing with the Stars (8:30pm-10pm). Unfortunately, there are no other animated specials on broadcast television this year. I wish someone would air the Garfield one, but oh well. It's great that Fat Albert is making an appearance this Halloween, at least.
TeenNick has changed their mind once again about the Are You Afraid of the Dark Halloween stunt on The '90s Are All That block. This time they have put it back on the schedule for Halloween weekend. We just reported a few days ago that the previous stunt for Friday, Oct. 28 was pulled, but now they have brought that back and more. Tomorrow night (Friday, Oct. 28), TeenNick will air three episodes of Are You Afraid of the Dark from 12am-1:30am, followed by an airing of Salute Your Shorts at 1:30am. This block will encore from 2-4am. The following night (Saturday), the block will feature three more episodes of Dark, followed by an AAAHH!!! Real Monsters airing at 1:30am, and of course this block will encore from 2-4am, too. On Sunday, The '90s Are All That block will feature an episode of Dark at 12 midnight, followed by the 90-minute Kenan & Kel series finale movie "Two Heads Are Better Than None" from 12:30am-2am. These will encore from 2-4am, of course. And finally on Halloween night (Monday), the 2000 Nickelodeon film Cry Baby Lane will air from 12am-1:30am, followed by Are You Afraid of the Dark at 1:30am. And if you missed any of that, catch it again from 2-4am.
If this changes (which won't surprise us anymore), we will let you know, so keep it right here as always. In other TeenNick news, they have scheduled an Amanda Show and Zoey 101 marathon stunt this weekend, beginning at 1pm both days. TeenNick will also air the movie The Boy Who Cried Wolf on Saturday night at 7pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, April 29
Henry Danger - "Stuck in Two Holes" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Whaaaat?!? Captain Man and Kid Danger are each stuck in a hole?!? Charlotte and Jasper better go help, 'cuz Schwoz is takin' a bean bath!
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "I Want My Mae B. Back" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After Mae starts to spend more time with her new boyfriend, Dawn begins to get jealous so enlists Nicky, Ricky, and Dicky to help separate them so that she can have her friend back.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.