Thursday, October 27, 2011
Fat Albert Halloween Special Bounces to Bounce TV; TeenNick Brings Back Are You Afraid of the Dark Stunt...Again
We reported that Broadcast Partners was selling classic holiday animated specials in syndication and that MeTV Network and ThisTV bought many of the Christmas ones, but now one more has found a home -- a Halloween special. Bounce TV, the new over-the-air television network for African Americans, will air the classic special Fat Albert's Halloween Special this weekend and will present a mini-marathon of the classic 1977 special on Halloween night, Neal Ardman tells TVNewsCheck. The special will premiere on Bounce TV tomorrow night (Friday, Oct. 28) at 7pm ET and will also be seen Saturday, Oct. 29, and Sunday, Oct. 30 at 6:30pm ET. Bounce TV will present consecutive airings of Fat Albert's Halloween Special on Halloween, Monday, Oct. 31 from 8-10pm ET.
Bounce TV is seen on affiliates in Chicago, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Houston, Cleveland/Akron, San Francisco, Milwaukee, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Hartford/New Haven, Norfolk, Dayton, West Palm Beach, Birmingham, Memphis, Louisville, Richmond and other cities. New Bounce TV markets are expected to be announced before the end of the year.
And as Halloween is just a few days away, get ready for the perennial classic It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown tonight at 8/7c on ABC. ABC will have its premiere of the holiday special Scared Shrekless (which premiered on NBC last year) on Halloween night starting at 7:58pm (thru 8:28pm), as Dancing with the Stars host Tom Bergeron will preview and host the special live from the ballroom leading into the Halloween episode of Dancing with the Stars (8:30pm-10pm). Unfortunately, there are no other animated specials on broadcast television this year. I wish someone would air the Garfield one, but oh well. It's great that Fat Albert is making an appearance this Halloween, at least.
TeenNick has changed their mind once again about the Are You Afraid of the Dark Halloween stunt on The '90s Are All That block. This time they have put it back on the schedule for Halloween weekend. We just reported a few days ago that the previous stunt for Friday, Oct. 28 was pulled, but now they have brought that back and more. Tomorrow night (Friday, Oct. 28), TeenNick will air three episodes of Are You Afraid of the Dark from 12am-1:30am, followed by an airing of Salute Your Shorts at 1:30am. This block will encore from 2-4am. The following night (Saturday), the block will feature three more episodes of Dark, followed by an AAAHH!!! Real Monsters airing at 1:30am, and of course this block will encore from 2-4am, too. On Sunday, The '90s Are All That block will feature an episode of Dark at 12 midnight, followed by the 90-minute Kenan & Kel series finale movie "Two Heads Are Better Than None" from 12:30am-2am. These will encore from 2-4am, of course. And finally on Halloween night (Monday), the 2000 Nickelodeon film Cry Baby Lane will air from 12am-1:30am, followed by Are You Afraid of the Dark at 1:30am. And if you missed any of that, catch it again from 2-4am.
If this changes (which won't surprise us anymore), we will let you know, so keep it right here as always. In other TeenNick news, they have scheduled an Amanda Show and Zoey 101 marathon stunt this weekend, beginning at 1pm both days. TeenNick will also air the movie The Boy Who Cried Wolf on Saturday night at 7pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, January 17
The Middle - "Pitch Imperfect" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Axl begins to panic when he realizes that he only has four months of college left before he graduates, and he hasn’t sent out any job resumes – something he should have started when he was a junior. Meanwhile, Brad agrees to lead Sue’s no-cut a cappella group as they enter a music competition, and Brick desperately asks for Frankie and Mike’s advice when girlfriend Cindy tells him that he reads too much, and if he doesn’t stop, she’ll break up with him.
American Housewife - "Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Oliver tells his parents that he’s so embarrassed by their modest house that he’d rather not have a birthday party at all. Katie decides to teach him a lesson by ambushing him with a surprise party at home with all his wealthy friends.
Fresh Off the Boat - "The Best of Orlando" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Louis is named “Small Businessman of the Year,” Jessica is overflowing with pride and invites everyone they know to join them at the awards ceremony. But when Louis forgets to thank Jessica during his acceptance speech, he suffers the repercussions at home. Meanwhile, Eddie, Emery and Grandma start their own clothing line and quickly discover the challenges of running their own small business.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Acceptance" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After Kenny and Brett officially become a couple, Kenny starts to think of plan on how he should break the news to his parents. Meanwhile, Jimmy surprises everyone when he scores a high SAT score, forcing Eileen to hold up her end of a deal that she had previously made and takes Jimmy car shopping.
New Girl - "Cece's Boys" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jess tries to find a new vice principal, she discovers that she has a real problem when it comes to making decisions. Meanwhile, Cece enlists Jess and Reagan to help her recruit new models, and the guys are in for a surprise when they enjoy a day at the spa.
The Mick - "The Fire" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Mickey tries to quit smoking. Meanwhile, Ben meets a new friend.
Teachers - "First Day Back" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
As the teachers return from summer break, Ms. Watson tries an ultra premium online dating service and Ms. Snap learns that she’s been given the worst group of kids in school. Mrs. Adler is assigned to a mobile classroom.
Tuesday, January 17
- Katy Mixon (American Housewife/Mike & Molly) - Catch Katy on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Billy Eichner (Difficult People) - Billy is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Patrick Warburton (Crowded/Rules of Engagement/Less Than Perfect) - Patrick stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York.
- Anders Holm (Workaholics) - Anders is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Rory Scovel (Ground Floor) - Rory appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/Life with Louie/The Louie Show) - Louie drops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Neil joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/Sparks) - Kym visits Cleveland on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.