Sunday, September 04, 2011
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for Summer Week 13, week of Aug. 22-28)
- American Dad! (Fox) - A repeat at 7pm did 1.71 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, which was down a bit from the previous week. The regular 9:30pm was preempted by the new summer series In the Flow...which isn't doing much in the ratings.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - A repeat did just 2.06 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, up some actually from previous week.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat did 2.93 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating, which was off some from previous week.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - A repeat did 2.63 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating, just about holding all of its lead-in's ratings.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat did 3.69 million and a 1.7 18-49 rating, as the latter is among the leaders for repeats of comedies in the summer.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) 2 airings - 4.21 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating for a repeat at 8pm was up a good number from the previous week. A second repeat followed and delivered 4.21 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating, also up from previous week.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 5.33 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating for a repeat at 9pm is up a tad week-to-week.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - 5.05 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating for a repeat at 9:30pm was again on par really with the previous week.
- Raising Hope (Fox) 2 airings - A repeat at 9pm did 2.02 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating. A repeat at 9:30pm only mustered 2.02 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating.
- The Middle (ABC) 2 airings - A repeat at 8pm did 4.03 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, down a tenth from previous week. A second repeat followed with 3.9 million but grew to a 1.2 18-49 rating.
- Modern Family (ABC) 2 airings - A repeat at 9pm did 4.63 million and a 1.8 18-49 rating, down a lick from the previous week but still a good summer showing for sitcoms. A repeat at 9:30pm followed and did 4.32 million and a 1.8 18-49 rating, holding on to everything basically from the 9pm airing.
- Happy Endings (ABC) - preempted. ABC Family will air a marathon on Friday, Sept. 16 from 5-11pm, so if you missed any watch then before the new season starts on Sept. 28!
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) 2 airings - A repeat did 5.04 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating, which was down a lot from the previous week but NFL pre-season preemptions was the reason. A second repeat followed and did 4.74 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - preempted.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did 1.87 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, on par with the previous week.
- Parks & Recreation (NBC) - A repeat in its 8:30pm slot did only 1.52 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, down a tenth from previous week.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9pm did 2.07 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, best of the low rated block again but down a lick from the previous week.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 1.74 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, down some from previous week.
Friends with Benefits (NBC) 2 episodes - Final ratings will tell us how it actually did since NFL preempted some NBC markets, as last week the series only did a 0.7 and 0.6 18-49 ratings in finals. This week, with those NFL numbers in there, it did a prelim 0.7 and 0.8 18-49 rating, but that will likely drop once finals are in.
- American Dad! (Fox) - prelim ratings show only 1.32 million and a prelim 0.6 18-49 rating.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - prelim ratings for this show were even lower with a prelim 1.31 million and a prelim 0.5 18-49 rating.
Summing it up. Repeats of Modern Family, Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother 8:30p, and week 13's Family Guy were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of The Big Bang Theory, The Middle) or just plain old terrible (such as Raising Hope, and the very low rated NBC Thursday repeats especially, Parks & Recreation). Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on cable all this summer, with Comedy Wednesday on ABC Family this Wednesday with an all-new one-hour Melissa & Joey from 8-9pm, as the series will be all-new for one-hour until its season finale on Sept. 14! Also of course House of Payne and Meet the Browns are on TBS Wednesdays. New sitcom airings is the perfect way to beat the summer repeat blues! Watch them! And on premium cable, it is of course Curb Your Enthusiasm, Weeds, and Entourage among the entrees.
[Source: Nielsen NTI Ratings. View Travis Yanan's Ratings Website].
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, October 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Fetal Kick Catalyst" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Penny is surprised to learn she has fans of her performance in “Serial Ape-ist” when she attends Van Nuys Comic Con with Leonard. Also, Amy hosts a Sheldon-style brunch at Penny’s apartment, and Wolowitz makes an impulsive purchase when he starts stressing out about the baby on the way.
The Great Indoors - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Joel McHale stars as Jack, a renowned adventure reporter for an outdoor magazine who must adapt to the times when he becomes the new desk-bound boss to a group of millennials in the digital department of the publication.
Mom - "High-Tops and Brown Jacket" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bonnie and Adam’s relationship is tested when he moves in with her and Christy for a few weeks. Also, Christy learns the hard way that it may be a mistake to try and meet men with Jill.
Life in Pieces - "Annulled Roommate Pill Shower" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Heather and Tim enlist Clementine’s unusual parents, Mary-Lynn (Megan Mullally) and Spencer (Nick Offerman), to help convince Clementine and Tyler to annul their unexpected marriage. Also, Tommy moves in with Colleen, to the chagrin of her roommate, Dougie (Fortune Feimster); John and Joan run into “complications” after John takes the wrong dose of his daily pill; and Jen and Greg keep a secret from the family.
Superstore - "Halloween Theft" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Dina (Lauren Ash) throws a wrench in everyone's Halloween plans when something goes missing from the store and declares that no employee can leave until someone confesses to stealing. Amy (America Ferrera) is determined to find out who is responsible because she doesn't want to miss trick-or-treating with her daughter and Mateo (Nico Santos) prepares for his secret date with Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin). Meanwhile, Jonah (Ben Feldman) and Cheyenne (Nichole Bloom) struggle to bond until they discover they have more in common than they thought. Garrett (Colton Dunn) has a difficult time defending himself during the store-wide investigation.
The Good Place - "Most Improved Player" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Michael (Ted Danson) has a private meeting with Eleanor (Kristen Bell). Meanwhile, Chidi (William Jackson Harper), who has been harboring a secret, contemplates what to do.
Better Things - "Scary Fun" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam makes a point.
Thursday, October 27
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Catch Martin on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Mary-Louise Parker (Weeds) - Mary-Louise visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Lauren Lapkus (Clipped/Are You There, Chelsea?) - Lauren is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on Chelsea on Netflix. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today in the 10am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Charlie Lawrence/Encore! Encore!), John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) and John Slattery (Maggie) - They talk about Broadway's The Front Page on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana) - Miley is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Eva Longoria (Telenovela) - Eva appears on The Wendy Williams Show, so check your local listings.
- Angelique Cabral (Life in Pieces/Enlisted) - Angelique talks about Life in Pieces on the AOL Build Show at 11am.