Monday, September 26, 2011
Spin City also joins the Reelz daytime lineup every day of the week with two back-to-back episodes starting at 11am ET/8am PT and two more episodes starting at 4pm ET/1pm PT on weekdays -- all starting Monday, Oct. 3. Saturday and Sundays get a slight spin too with back-to-back episodes of Spin City starting at 1pm ET/ 10am PT. In Spin City, a New York City Deputy Mayor (Michael J. Fox), supported by an unusual staff, must constantly bail out the Mayor (Barry Bostwick) who never knows what is going on. Spin City also stars Charlie Sheen who won a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor for his role in the series.
The rest of the weekday schedule will have Carson's Comedy Classics remaining in the 8am hour, followed by an hour of the Ted Danson sitcom Becker, followed by the aforementioned Coach at 10am and Spin City at 11am. Brothers and Sisters and Ally McBeal will be leaving the line-up to make way for these two comedies. Original series takes over from 12pm-1:30pm, but then Cheers airs at 1:30pm leading into Coach at 2pm. 3rd Rock from the Sun follows at 2:30pm. The 3pm hour will feature more Cheers leading into the new 4pm addition of Spin City. After an hour of original programming, sitcoms air again with an hour of Becker at 6pm and 3rd Rock from the Sun at 7pm. The primetime movie airs at 8pm leading into another hour of Cheers, which will encore at 1am as well after the 11pm movie. Original series airs from 2am on, in the overnight. On to weekends, for both Saturdays and Sundays, sitcoms airing are: Spin City from 1-2pm, Becker 6-7pm, and Cheers 7-8pm & 10pm-11pm.
Elsewhere, the mini-series 10.5 marks the beginning of Reelz's commitment to miniseries this season as three Emmy® Award-winning and nominated miniseries air over three months, starting with 10.5 on October 2, followed by Reelz's own The Kennedys on November 6 and The Pillars of the Earth on December 4, 2011.
Well, there you have it, the ReelzChannel TV Fall 2011 schedule! The fun begins today with Coach and next week for everything else -- Monday, Oct. 3! Stay with us for any further updates.
We mentioned above that Brothers and Sisters has left the ReelzChannel TV line-up starting today. Where is it now? Disney-owned SOAPnet has acquired the rights to the family drama. The series begins tonight at 5pm & 6pm with the first two episodes. Elsewhere, SOAPnet is making room for classic episodes of your favorite ABC daytime soaps: All My Children, One Life to Live, and General Hospital! The changes starting today are: The OC will now air weekdays at 6am & 11am, One Tree Hill will now air in a block airing weekedays from 12pm-3pm, Beverly Hills 90210 will now move up to weekdays at 3pm & 4pm with the addition of Brothers and Sisters at 5pm & 6pm.
As for the daytime soap changes, classic episodes of All My Children, One Life To Live and General Hospital will air from 3-6am. Current episodes of daytime soaps will have The Young and the Restless now airing weekdays at 7pm, 11pm & 10am; Days of Our Lives now airing weekdays at 8pm, 12am, & 7am; One Life to Live now airing weekdays at 9pm, 1am & 9am; and General Hospital now airing weekdays at 10pm, 2am & 8am. As you all know, All My Children ends its TV run on Friday on ABC, so there won't be anything new to air--so enjoy the classic episodes at 3am.
Stay with us for further changes, as SOAPnet will continue beyond January 2012 now, (it will be rebranded to Disney Junior sometime in 2012). But for how much longer? We'll let you know when we know.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/03 - The Bob Newhart Show - Season Five
02/03 - The Bob Newhart Show - The Final (Sixth) Season
02/03 - Maude - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek) / The Complete Series Available 3/17 (Shout! Factory)
02/03 - The Wonder Years - Season Two
02/10 - Mama's Family - The Complete Sixth Season
02/10 - Nurse Jackie - Season Six (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, February 28
Henry Danger - "Caved In" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Henry, Charlotte, and Ray's plans for a day of fun are derailed when Jasper accidentally triggers the emergency lockdown mode for Junk-N-Stuff and the Man Cave, trapping everyone inside.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Piggy, Piggy, Piggy & Dawn" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Dawn wants to change up the Quads' puppet routine for the talent show and finally win first place, but gets frustrated after always being outvoted by her brothers.
Bella and the Bulldogs - "That's My Tri-Five!" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bella encourages Sophie and Pepper to recruit a new girl to fill the void she left behind on the cheerleading squad. Bella begins to question her friendship with the girls when the girls succeed in replacing her all too well.
Saturday, February 28
- John Travolta (Welcome Back, Kotter) - Watch John on a primetime encore of the Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Oscars special on ABC at 8pm. Special appearances include Neil Patrick Harris, Mila Kunis, Jennifer Aniston, John Krasinski, J.K. Simmons and Kevin Hart.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Watch Steve on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Aziz drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew guest co-hosts The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Joshua Molina (Sports Night) - Joshua appears on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cathy Ladman (Caroline in the City) - Cathy visits The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kelly Ripa (Hope & Faith) - Kelly stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Juliette Lewis (I Married Dora) - Juliette talks about ABC's Secrets & Lies on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Lisa Kudrow (The Comeback/Friends) - Lisa chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Larry talks about Fish in the Dark on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) - Alan appears on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour.
- Sean Giambrone (The Goldbergs) - Sean talks about his hit comedy series on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Mo'Nique (The Parkers) - Mo'Nique will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.