Monday, September 26, 2011
Spin City also joins the Reelz daytime lineup every day of the week with two back-to-back episodes starting at 11am ET/8am PT and two more episodes starting at 4pm ET/1pm PT on weekdays -- all starting Monday, Oct. 3. Saturday and Sundays get a slight spin too with back-to-back episodes of Spin City starting at 1pm ET/ 10am PT. In Spin City, a New York City Deputy Mayor (Michael J. Fox), supported by an unusual staff, must constantly bail out the Mayor (Barry Bostwick) who never knows what is going on. Spin City also stars Charlie Sheen who won a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor for his role in the series.
The rest of the weekday schedule will have Carson's Comedy Classics remaining in the 8am hour, followed by an hour of the Ted Danson sitcom Becker, followed by the aforementioned Coach at 10am and Spin City at 11am. Brothers and Sisters and Ally McBeal will be leaving the line-up to make way for these two comedies. Original series takes over from 12pm-1:30pm, but then Cheers airs at 1:30pm leading into Coach at 2pm. 3rd Rock from the Sun follows at 2:30pm. The 3pm hour will feature more Cheers leading into the new 4pm addition of Spin City. After an hour of original programming, sitcoms air again with an hour of Becker at 6pm and 3rd Rock from the Sun at 7pm. The primetime movie airs at 8pm leading into another hour of Cheers, which will encore at 1am as well after the 11pm movie. Original series airs from 2am on, in the overnight. On to weekends, for both Saturdays and Sundays, sitcoms airing are: Spin City from 1-2pm, Becker 6-7pm, and Cheers 7-8pm & 10pm-11pm.
Elsewhere, the mini-series 10.5 marks the beginning of Reelz's commitment to miniseries this season as three Emmy® Award-winning and nominated miniseries air over three months, starting with 10.5 on October 2, followed by Reelz's own The Kennedys on November 6 and The Pillars of the Earth on December 4, 2011.
Well, there you have it, the ReelzChannel TV Fall 2011 schedule! The fun begins today with Coach and next week for everything else -- Monday, Oct. 3! Stay with us for any further updates.
We mentioned above that Brothers and Sisters has left the ReelzChannel TV line-up starting today. Where is it now? Disney-owned SOAPnet has acquired the rights to the family drama. The series begins tonight at 5pm & 6pm with the first two episodes. Elsewhere, SOAPnet is making room for classic episodes of your favorite ABC daytime soaps: All My Children, One Life to Live, and General Hospital! The changes starting today are: The OC will now air weekdays at 6am & 11am, One Tree Hill will now air in a block airing weekedays from 12pm-3pm, Beverly Hills 90210 will now move up to weekdays at 3pm & 4pm with the addition of Brothers and Sisters at 5pm & 6pm.
As for the daytime soap changes, classic episodes of All My Children, One Life To Live and General Hospital will air from 3-6am. Current episodes of daytime soaps will have The Young and the Restless now airing weekdays at 7pm, 11pm & 10am; Days of Our Lives now airing weekdays at 8pm, 12am, & 7am; One Life to Live now airing weekdays at 9pm, 1am & 9am; and General Hospital now airing weekdays at 10pm, 2am & 8am. As you all know, All My Children ends its TV run on Friday on ABC, so there won't be anything new to air--so enjoy the classic episodes at 3am.
Stay with us for further changes, as SOAPnet will continue beyond January 2012 now, (it will be rebranded to Disney Junior sometime in 2012). But for how much longer? We'll let you know when we know.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/16 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series
02/16 - The Brady Kids - The Complete Animated Series
02/16 - Girls - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
02/16 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Complete Series
02/16 - Togetherness - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, February 13
The Thundermans - "He Got Game Night" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Hank raises the stakes of family game night to a new high, and each member of the family will do whatever it takes to win the grand prize.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Three Men and a Mae B." (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With Mom away for the weekend, Dawn finds herself in the middle of a secret crush quadrangle when each of the boys reveals they have started to look at Mae in a different light, and must run a tricky game of interference.
Bella and the Bulldogs - "The Outlaw Bella Dawson" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bella gets a long-awaited message from Charlie that would take their relationship to the next level, but before she can answer she is forced to spend the day with Zach Barnes, confusing her feelings even further.
100 Things to Do Before High School - "Master a Thing Thing!" (Nickelodeon, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Inspired by the fact that it takes 10,000 hours to master something, the gang decides to master their own things. But when the reality of this lofty goal sinks in, they must learn the valuable lesson of never giving up.
Monday, February 15
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - Watch David on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jason Sudeikis (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Jason appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry is a guest on a repeat of Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Trevor Noah at 11pm.
- Jim Jefferies (Legit) - Jim appears on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison stops by LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Brandy Norwood (Zoe Ever After/The Game/Moesha) - Brandy chats about Zoe Ever After on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny/Happily Divorced) - Fran plays accomplice to co-host Clinton Kelly during a mystery ingredient party on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) - William discusses his new book Leonard: My Fifty-Year Friendship with a Remarkable Man on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour.
- Giacomo Gianniotti (Selfie) - Giacomo is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Alison Brie (Community) - Alison visits ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- The Cast of The Facts of Life - It's a special Facts of Life Reunion with cast members including Charlotte Rae, Lisa Whelchel, Kim Fields and Geri Jewell on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT. Lisa Whelchel cooks a Mexican corn bread; DIY blinged roller skates; how to achieve Blair's fabulous hair from The Facts of Life; a prep school inspired fashion show; singer Gloria Loring performs The Facts of Life theme song; how to make a personalized DIY diary.