Monday, September 26, 2011
Spin City also joins the Reelz daytime lineup every day of the week with two back-to-back episodes starting at 11am ET/8am PT and two more episodes starting at 4pm ET/1pm PT on weekdays -- all starting Monday, Oct. 3. Saturday and Sundays get a slight spin too with back-to-back episodes of Spin City starting at 1pm ET/ 10am PT. In Spin City, a New York City Deputy Mayor (Michael J. Fox), supported by an unusual staff, must constantly bail out the Mayor (Barry Bostwick) who never knows what is going on. Spin City also stars Charlie Sheen who won a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor for his role in the series.
The rest of the weekday schedule will have Carson's Comedy Classics remaining in the 8am hour, followed by an hour of the Ted Danson sitcom Becker, followed by the aforementioned Coach at 10am and Spin City at 11am. Brothers and Sisters and Ally McBeal will be leaving the line-up to make way for these two comedies. Original series takes over from 12pm-1:30pm, but then Cheers airs at 1:30pm leading into Coach at 2pm. 3rd Rock from the Sun follows at 2:30pm. The 3pm hour will feature more Cheers leading into the new 4pm addition of Spin City. After an hour of original programming, sitcoms air again with an hour of Becker at 6pm and 3rd Rock from the Sun at 7pm. The primetime movie airs at 8pm leading into another hour of Cheers, which will encore at 1am as well after the 11pm movie. Original series airs from 2am on, in the overnight. On to weekends, for both Saturdays and Sundays, sitcoms airing are: Spin City from 1-2pm, Becker 6-7pm, and Cheers 7-8pm & 10pm-11pm.
Elsewhere, the mini-series 10.5 marks the beginning of Reelz's commitment to miniseries this season as three Emmy® Award-winning and nominated miniseries air over three months, starting with 10.5 on October 2, followed by Reelz's own The Kennedys on November 6 and The Pillars of the Earth on December 4, 2011.
Well, there you have it, the ReelzChannel TV Fall 2011 schedule! The fun begins today with Coach and next week for everything else -- Monday, Oct. 3! Stay with us for any further updates.
We mentioned above that Brothers and Sisters has left the ReelzChannel TV line-up starting today. Where is it now? Disney-owned SOAPnet has acquired the rights to the family drama. The series begins tonight at 5pm & 6pm with the first two episodes. Elsewhere, SOAPnet is making room for classic episodes of your favorite ABC daytime soaps: All My Children, One Life to Live, and General Hospital! The changes starting today are: The OC will now air weekdays at 6am & 11am, One Tree Hill will now air in a block airing weekedays from 12pm-3pm, Beverly Hills 90210 will now move up to weekdays at 3pm & 4pm with the addition of Brothers and Sisters at 5pm & 6pm.
As for the daytime soap changes, classic episodes of All My Children, One Life To Live and General Hospital will air from 3-6am. Current episodes of daytime soaps will have The Young and the Restless now airing weekdays at 7pm, 11pm & 10am; Days of Our Lives now airing weekdays at 8pm, 12am, & 7am; One Life to Live now airing weekdays at 9pm, 1am & 9am; and General Hospital now airing weekdays at 10pm, 2am & 8am. As you all know, All My Children ends its TV run on Friday on ABC, so there won't be anything new to air--so enjoy the classic episodes at 3am.
Stay with us for further changes, as SOAPnet will continue beyond January 2012 now, (it will be rebranded to Disney Junior sometime in 2012). But for how much longer? We'll let you know when we know.
Last Man Standing - "Eve's Boyfriend" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Eve has a new boyfriend but refuses to talk about him. After Vanessa pressures her for some good ol’ girl talk, Eve concedes and opens up, much to Vanessa’s joy. But when Mandy and Kristin catch wind that Eve’s boyfriend is taking part in the same overnight Junior ROTC camping trip as Eve, their past mistakes prompt them to be concerned.
The Neighbors - "Balle Balle!" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Marty and Debbie are worried when Larry Bird tells them his Indian co-worker at the coffee shop has invited him to a traditional Indian wedding. Despite their pleas, Larry decides to attend without their approval and he and Jackie get carried away when trying to come up with a wedding gift. After Larry does research on Indian weddings, he concludes all weddings take place in “Bollywood” and decides to give his friend a full scale Bollywood number.
Enlisted - "Parade Duty" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
After Cody assigns the platoon "Parade Duty" Pete tries to inspire his team, but finds he is being sabotaged by his own brother. After things go terribly wrong, all three brothers learn a bit more about what it means to be a soldier in Rear D.
Raising Hope - "Baby Phat" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Burt and Virginia are in desperate need of a vacation and, at Barney's suggestion, head to a resort for a little R&R. But the "resort" turns out to be a different kind of place than they were hoping for. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Sabrina decide they want to have a baby.
Jessie - "Snack Attack" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jessie notices a famous casting director in the park and tries to impress him by volunteering to help his daughter befriend the Ross kids.
Dog with a Blog - "I Want My Nikki Back, Nikki Back, Nikki Back" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Tyler decides to try and get Nikki back as his girlfriend but Avery is hesitant to help him for fear of being caught between her friend and brother.
Love That Girl - "Assets and Liabilities" (TV One, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Delroy finds a way out of paying his taxes; Imunique and Jasmine are both into the same guy.
Friday, March 7
- Ellen DeGeneres (Ellen) - Watch Ellen on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Kenan Thompson (Kenan & Kel) - Kenan appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Patrick Duffy (Step by Step) - Patrick discusses the new season of Dallas on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason is a guest on Pop Sugar on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A.) - Scott joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judy Gold (All-American Girl) - Judy weighs in on hot topics on The Couch on WLNY 10/55 in New York between 7-9am.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea answers calls from the Foodie Phone Booth on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Stephanie Beatriz (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Stephanie discusses Brooklyn Nine-Nine on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Lena will be on NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Patrick Warburton (Rules of Engagement/Seinfeld) - Patrick appears on NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Christine Lakin (Step by Step) - Christine is a guest on Big Morning Buzz Live with Nick Lachey on VH1 at 10am.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Out of Practice) - Henry visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.