Wednesday, August 31, 2011
So what about October? Well these morning changes will carry over, except for one show. All in the Family's contract expires on Sept. 30, and it seems they are not renewing it because it isn't on the October schedule, as of now. So the morning schedule effective Monday, Oct. 3 will shift a bit. I Dream of Jeannie gets a second episode, so it will air for a full hour at approx. 9-10am and then Bewitched and Sanford & Son follow a half-hour later than it is now. Replacing All in the Family in its weeknights from 7-8pm hour will be a second hour of Sanford & Son, so that comedy will now air from approx. 6-8pm every weekday. On Saturdays starting Oct. 1, the Three's Company block will extend through 7pm, so it gets the 6pm hour now replacing Sanford & Son and will now air Saturdays from 2-7pm. Sanford & Son will slide over to 7-9pm, replacing All in the Family from 7:30pm-9pm. On Sundays starting Oct. 2, Sanford & Son will take over the 7pm hour for All in the Family, so it will be extended to 6-8pm.
There are no other changes to the line-up from part one of the fall schedule which starts tomorrow. Stunts wise, join TV Land this Halloween for the most spooktacular party around during Roseanne's Wicked Halloween Bash beginning at 11pm on Sunday, Oct. 30 and also at 11pm on Monday, Oct. 31, through 3am both nights. The Conners were master pranksters who never missed a chance to celebrate Halloween in all its gory glory. The night kicks off with the first Roseanne Halloween episode featuring the infamous "Tunnel of Terror" and continues through each Halloween episode ever produced including Roseanne's night at the Lobo Lounge dressed as a lumberjack, Roseanne's visit from the ghosts of Halloween past, present and future, and the arrival of baby Jerry Garcia Conner. The event culminates with the final Roseanne Halloween episode which spoofed Rosemary's Baby and guest starred Marlo Thomas, Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley (AbFab). Elsewhere, the October movie schedule has The Terminator on Sept. 30, but titles for the rest of October are not in yet. TV Land airs movies every Friday night at 9pm.
View the TV Land October 2011 schedule. Stay with us to see if anything else ends up being changed but it looks like All in the Family will not be renewed, but they can renew and bring it back before this schedule starts...so I guess, stay tuned.
PMC and ION Television announced the launch of Entertainment News Television (ENTV), an original multi-platform breaking news service. ENTV will leverage the exclusive breaking news reporting power of PMC's core entertainment brands, including Nikki Finke's Deadline.com, Bonnie Fuller's HollywoodLife.com, Michael Ausiello's TVLine.com, and Movieline.com, to deliver breaking entertainment and celebrity news on the top 10 ranked network ION Television and the web, simultaneously.
The partnership between PMC and ION Television is the first time that leading online brands and a national television network will release daily content concurrently, merging PMC's trusted entertainment news brands with ION's national television distribution strength and growing audience of nearly 100 million households. With daily hosted video segments, ENTV will bring viewers top breaking entertainment stories first, before any of the traditional entertainment TV outlets -- and
directly from PMC's leading sources and reporters in the entertainment field.
PMC is a leading digital media company founded by Jay Penske in 2004. PMC owns a unique and growing portfolio of lifestyle brands that provide the web's best original content in categories including entertainment, sports, breaking news, media, finance, tech, health, shopping, fashion, beauty, and automotive. Deadline, Hollywoodlife, HollyBaby, Movieline, TVLine, BGR, OnCars, Young Hollywood Awards, Hollywood Style Awards, and Breakthrough of the Year Awards are all part of the expanding PMC portfolio. For more information on PMC and its brands, please visit PMC.com or its digital properties directly:
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August)
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/20 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 5th Season
07/26 - Family Matters - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
08/02 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
08/09 - Maude - The Complete Final (Sixth) Season
08/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Three
08/23 - Superstore - Season One
08/23 - The Wonder Years - Complete Series (New Slipcase Version)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, August 26
Bunk'd - "Zuri Weasels Out" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Hazel makes Zuri a counselor in training in the weasel cabin, much to Hazel's dismay; Jorge and Griff tell Ravi that the camp's horse has a secret talent.
Girl Meets World - "Girl Meets Bear" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
It's a state of emergency in the Matthews household when Riley's childhood teddy bear, Barry, is missing; Riley gathers a search party.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Love Thy Privacy" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A heated discussion with Danny's family brings Troy to her limit.
Friday, August 26
- Jeff Foxworthy (The Jeff Foxworthy Show) - Watch Jeff on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also appears live in studio to discuss his new comedy show on People Now at 8:30am. He is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Abby Elliott (Odd Mom Out) - Abby visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Sarah Silverman (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Sarah chats with the ladies of The View on a repeat on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel guest co-hosts a repeat of LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jurnee Smollett-Bell (On Our Own) - Jurnee appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings. She teams with Mario Batali to dish up Blackened Spicy Garlic Salmon on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Hilary Duff (Younger/Lizzie McGuire) and Sutton Foster (Younger) - Hilary and Sutton are guests on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Brandy (Zoe Ever After/The Game/Moesha) - Brandy guest co-hosts a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- John Krasinski (The Office) and Margo Martindale (The Millers) - John and Margo talk about The Hollars on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. Margo will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.