Wednesday, August 31, 2011
So what about October? Well these morning changes will carry over, except for one show. All in the Family's contract expires on Sept. 30, and it seems they are not renewing it because it isn't on the October schedule, as of now. So the morning schedule effective Monday, Oct. 3 will shift a bit. I Dream of Jeannie gets a second episode, so it will air for a full hour at approx. 9-10am and then Bewitched and Sanford & Son follow a half-hour later than it is now. Replacing All in the Family in its weeknights from 7-8pm hour will be a second hour of Sanford & Son, so that comedy will now air from approx. 6-8pm every weekday. On Saturdays starting Oct. 1, the Three's Company block will extend through 7pm, so it gets the 6pm hour now replacing Sanford & Son and will now air Saturdays from 2-7pm. Sanford & Son will slide over to 7-9pm, replacing All in the Family from 7:30pm-9pm. On Sundays starting Oct. 2, Sanford & Son will take over the 7pm hour for All in the Family, so it will be extended to 6-8pm.
There are no other changes to the line-up from part one of the fall schedule which starts tomorrow. Stunts wise, join TV Land this Halloween for the most spooktacular party around during Roseanne's Wicked Halloween Bash beginning at 11pm on Sunday, Oct. 30 and also at 11pm on Monday, Oct. 31, through 3am both nights. The Conners were master pranksters who never missed a chance to celebrate Halloween in all its gory glory. The night kicks off with the first Roseanne Halloween episode featuring the infamous "Tunnel of Terror" and continues through each Halloween episode ever produced including Roseanne's night at the Lobo Lounge dressed as a lumberjack, Roseanne's visit from the ghosts of Halloween past, present and future, and the arrival of baby Jerry Garcia Conner. The event culminates with the final Roseanne Halloween episode which spoofed Rosemary's Baby and guest starred Marlo Thomas, Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley (AbFab). Elsewhere, the October movie schedule has The Terminator on Sept. 30, but titles for the rest of October are not in yet. TV Land airs movies every Friday night at 9pm.
View the TV Land October 2011 schedule. Stay with us to see if anything else ends up being changed but it looks like All in the Family will not be renewed, but they can renew and bring it back before this schedule starts...so I guess, stay tuned.
PMC and ION Television announced the launch of Entertainment News Television (ENTV), an original multi-platform breaking news service. ENTV will leverage the exclusive breaking news reporting power of PMC's core entertainment brands, including Nikki Finke's Deadline.com, Bonnie Fuller's HollywoodLife.com, Michael Ausiello's TVLine.com, and Movieline.com, to deliver breaking entertainment and celebrity news on the top 10 ranked network ION Television and the web, simultaneously.
The partnership between PMC and ION Television is the first time that leading online brands and a national television network will release daily content concurrently, merging PMC's trusted entertainment news brands with ION's national television distribution strength and growing audience of nearly 100 million households. With daily hosted video segments, ENTV will bring viewers top breaking entertainment stories first, before any of the traditional entertainment TV outlets -- and
directly from PMC's leading sources and reporters in the entertainment field.
PMC is a leading digital media company founded by Jay Penske in 2004. PMC owns a unique and growing portfolio of lifestyle brands that provide the web's best original content in categories including entertainment, sports, breaking news, media, finance, tech, health, shopping, fashion, beauty, and automotive. Deadline, Hollywoodlife, HollyBaby, Movieline, TVLine, BGR, OnCars, Young Hollywood Awards, Hollywood Style Awards, and Breakthrough of the Year Awards are all part of the expanding PMC portfolio. For more information on PMC and its brands, please visit PMC.com or its digital properties directly:
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 24
Kevin Can Wait - "Beat the Parents" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin and Donna are thrilled when their son, Jack, makes friends with a boy from school, Grayden (Graydon Peter Yosowitz), however, when Donna and Kevin don’t hit it off with Grayden’s arrogant father, Vic (Ray Romano), and his pushy wife, Brandi (Lindsay Broad), they set out to sabotage the boys’ new friendship. Matt Romano guest stars as Vic’s second son, Braden.
Man with a Plan - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Golden Globe Award winner Matt LeBlanc stars as Adam, a contractor who starts spending more time with his three kids when his wife, Andi, goes back to work and discovers the truth all parents eventually realize—their little angels are maniacs.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Godmama Drama" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Oleg and Sophie’s plan to have Max and Caroline as Barbara’s godparents is derailed when Oleg’s domineering mother, Olga (Mercedes Ruehl), arrives from the Ukraine for the baby’s baptism and fires Max and Caroline from their godparent duties.
The Odd Couple - "Food Fight" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar learns that his favorite hangout, Langford’s, is in financial trouble, he impulsively asks Felix to help save it, without considering the disastrous consequences. Also, Felix tries to make his mark on the restaurant when the owner, Fred Langford (Fred Willard), puts him in charge for a few days.
Monday, October 24
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kate Micucci (Raising Hope/The Big Bang Theory) - Kate is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.