Wednesday, August 31, 2011
So what about October? Well these morning changes will carry over, except for one show. All in the Family's contract expires on Sept. 30, and it seems they are not renewing it because it isn't on the October schedule, as of now. So the morning schedule effective Monday, Oct. 3 will shift a bit. I Dream of Jeannie gets a second episode, so it will air for a full hour at approx. 9-10am and then Bewitched and Sanford & Son follow a half-hour later than it is now. Replacing All in the Family in its weeknights from 7-8pm hour will be a second hour of Sanford & Son, so that comedy will now air from approx. 6-8pm every weekday. On Saturdays starting Oct. 1, the Three's Company block will extend through 7pm, so it gets the 6pm hour now replacing Sanford & Son and will now air Saturdays from 2-7pm. Sanford & Son will slide over to 7-9pm, replacing All in the Family from 7:30pm-9pm. On Sundays starting Oct. 2, Sanford & Son will take over the 7pm hour for All in the Family, so it will be extended to 6-8pm.
There are no other changes to the line-up from part one of the fall schedule which starts tomorrow. Stunts wise, join TV Land this Halloween for the most spooktacular party around during Roseanne's Wicked Halloween Bash beginning at 11pm on Sunday, Oct. 30 and also at 11pm on Monday, Oct. 31, through 3am both nights. The Conners were master pranksters who never missed a chance to celebrate Halloween in all its gory glory. The night kicks off with the first Roseanne Halloween episode featuring the infamous "Tunnel of Terror" and continues through each Halloween episode ever produced including Roseanne's night at the Lobo Lounge dressed as a lumberjack, Roseanne's visit from the ghosts of Halloween past, present and future, and the arrival of baby Jerry Garcia Conner. The event culminates with the final Roseanne Halloween episode which spoofed Rosemary's Baby and guest starred Marlo Thomas, Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley (AbFab). Elsewhere, the October movie schedule has The Terminator on Sept. 30, but titles for the rest of October are not in yet. TV Land airs movies every Friday night at 9pm.
View the TV Land October 2011 schedule. Stay with us to see if anything else ends up being changed but it looks like All in the Family will not be renewed, but they can renew and bring it back before this schedule starts...so I guess, stay tuned.
PMC and ION Television announced the launch of Entertainment News Television (ENTV), an original multi-platform breaking news service. ENTV will leverage the exclusive breaking news reporting power of PMC's core entertainment brands, including Nikki Finke's Deadline.com, Bonnie Fuller's HollywoodLife.com, Michael Ausiello's TVLine.com, and Movieline.com, to deliver breaking entertainment and celebrity news on the top 10 ranked network ION Television and the web, simultaneously.
The partnership between PMC and ION Television is the first time that leading online brands and a national television network will release daily content concurrently, merging PMC's trusted entertainment news brands with ION's national television distribution strength and growing audience of nearly 100 million households. With daily hosted video segments, ENTV will bring viewers top breaking entertainment stories first, before any of the traditional entertainment TV outlets -- and
directly from PMC's leading sources and reporters in the entertainment field.
PMC is a leading digital media company founded by Jay Penske in 2004. PMC owns a unique and growing portfolio of lifestyle brands that provide the web's best original content in categories including entertainment, sports, breaking news, media, finance, tech, health, shopping, fashion, beauty, and automotive. Deadline, Hollywoodlife, HollyBaby, Movieline, TVLine, BGR, OnCars, Young Hollywood Awards, Hollywood Style Awards, and Breakthrough of the Year Awards are all part of the expanding PMC portfolio. For more information on PMC and its brands, please visit PMC.com or its digital properties directly:
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/16 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series
02/16 - The Brady Kids - The Complete Animated Series
02/16 - Girls - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
02/16 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Complete Series
02/16 - Togetherness - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, February 11
The Big Bang Theory - "The Valentine Submergence" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Sheldon and Amy host a live Valentine’s Day episode of Fun with Flags, Leonard and Penny grapple with getting older, Howard and Bernadette find a surprise in their hot tub and Raj is torn between Emily and the cute girl he met at the Comic Bookstore.
Life in Pieces - "Tattoo Valentine Guitar Pregnant" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Tyler and Clementine (Hunter King) go to a guitar store, Tyler gets uncomfortable when the attractive salesman, Ian (Josh Groban), repeatedly hits on her. Also, Tim’s tattoo artist, Lois (Kat Von D) makes a spelling error on a tattoo he got as a Valentine’s Day surprise for Heather, Matt’s plan to celebrate Valentine’s Day with Colleen doesn’t go as well as he hoped, and Greg and Jen discuss whether they should have another baby.
Mom - "Cinderella and a Drunk MacGyver" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy tries to help Julian, a handsome, newly sober AA member, but her attraction to him complicates things. Meanwhile, Bonnie jumps at the chance to attend a lavish charity gala with Jill. Joe Manganiello guest stars as Julian, a handsome newcomer to AA.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Helium Insufficiency" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In the midst of a nation-wide helium shortage, Sheldon and Leonard take desperate measures to get the supplies they need. Also, Penny and Bernadette download a dating app on Amy's phone to try and find her a new man. Michael Rapaport guest stars Kenny, a black market dealer.
Baskets - "Easter in Bakersfield" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Easter in Bakersfield is not all Neil Diamond sings it to be as Baskets family drama brews over brunch.
Thursday, February 11
- Alison Brie (Community) - Catch Alison on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jake Lacy (Better with You/The Office) - Jake appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Mark McKinney (Superstore) - Mark stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Brian Posehn (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Brian is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) - Carl visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Tiffani Thiessen (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The College Years) - Tiffani talks about the Cooking Channel's Dinner at Tiffani's on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Fran Drescher (Happily Divorced/Living with Fran/The Nanny) - Fran talks about the American Heart Associations' Go Red for Women Red Dress Collection on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET
- Bryan Greenberg (How to Make It in America) - Bryan talks about his new movie Already Tomorrow in Hong Kong NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Joe Morton (Grady) - Joe plays the guitar on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Autumn Reeser (Entourage/Complete Savages) - Autumn talks about Hallmark Channel's original movie Valentine Ever After on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Dakota Johnson (Ben and Kate) - Dakota is a guest on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A./Scrubs) - Scott appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.