Wednesday, August 31, 2011
So what about October? Well these morning changes will carry over, except for one show. All in the Family's contract expires on Sept. 30, and it seems they are not renewing it because it isn't on the October schedule, as of now. So the morning schedule effective Monday, Oct. 3 will shift a bit. I Dream of Jeannie gets a second episode, so it will air for a full hour at approx. 9-10am and then Bewitched and Sanford & Son follow a half-hour later than it is now. Replacing All in the Family in its weeknights from 7-8pm hour will be a second hour of Sanford & Son, so that comedy will now air from approx. 6-8pm every weekday. On Saturdays starting Oct. 1, the Three's Company block will extend through 7pm, so it gets the 6pm hour now replacing Sanford & Son and will now air Saturdays from 2-7pm. Sanford & Son will slide over to 7-9pm, replacing All in the Family from 7:30pm-9pm. On Sundays starting Oct. 2, Sanford & Son will take over the 7pm hour for All in the Family, so it will be extended to 6-8pm.
There are no other changes to the line-up from part one of the fall schedule which starts tomorrow. Stunts wise, join TV Land this Halloween for the most spooktacular party around during Roseanne's Wicked Halloween Bash beginning at 11pm on Sunday, Oct. 30 and also at 11pm on Monday, Oct. 31, through 3am both nights. The Conners were master pranksters who never missed a chance to celebrate Halloween in all its gory glory. The night kicks off with the first Roseanne Halloween episode featuring the infamous "Tunnel of Terror" and continues through each Halloween episode ever produced including Roseanne's night at the Lobo Lounge dressed as a lumberjack, Roseanne's visit from the ghosts of Halloween past, present and future, and the arrival of baby Jerry Garcia Conner. The event culminates with the final Roseanne Halloween episode which spoofed Rosemary's Baby and guest starred Marlo Thomas, Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley (AbFab). Elsewhere, the October movie schedule has The Terminator on Sept. 30, but titles for the rest of October are not in yet. TV Land airs movies every Friday night at 9pm.
View the TV Land October 2011 schedule. Stay with us to see if anything else ends up being changed but it looks like All in the Family will not be renewed, but they can renew and bring it back before this schedule starts...so I guess, stay tuned.
PMC and ION Television announced the launch of Entertainment News Television (ENTV), an original multi-platform breaking news service. ENTV will leverage the exclusive breaking news reporting power of PMC's core entertainment brands, including Nikki Finke's Deadline.com, Bonnie Fuller's HollywoodLife.com, Michael Ausiello's TVLine.com, and Movieline.com, to deliver breaking entertainment and celebrity news on the top 10 ranked network ION Television and the web, simultaneously.
The partnership between PMC and ION Television is the first time that leading online brands and a national television network will release daily content concurrently, merging PMC's trusted entertainment news brands with ION's national television distribution strength and growing audience of nearly 100 million households. With daily hosted video segments, ENTV will bring viewers top breaking entertainment stories first, before any of the traditional entertainment TV outlets -- and
directly from PMC's leading sources and reporters in the entertainment field.
PMC is a leading digital media company founded by Jay Penske in 2004. PMC owns a unique and growing portfolio of lifestyle brands that provide the web's best original content in categories including entertainment, sports, breaking news, media, finance, tech, health, shopping, fashion, beauty, and automotive. Deadline, Hollywoodlife, HollyBaby, Movieline, TVLine, BGR, OnCars, Young Hollywood Awards, Hollywood Style Awards, and Breakthrough of the Year Awards are all part of the expanding PMC portfolio. For more information on PMC and its brands, please visit PMC.com or its digital properties directly:
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March)
03/03 - CHiPs - The Complete Third Season
03/10 - Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. - The Complete Series
03/10 - Hey Dude - The Complete Series (Walmart Exclusive)
03/10 - Petticoat Junction - Family Favorite Episodes
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Maude - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete First Season (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Second Season (Shout! Factory)
03/24 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 2 (MPI Home Video)
03/31 - Silicon Valley - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
03/31 - Veep - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, March 5
The Big Bang Theory - "The Colonization Application" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Trouble arises when Amy learns Sheldon has applied for a one-way mission to colonize Mars. Also, a trip to the pet store ends in a fight for Sheldon and Amy, Leonard surprises Penny with a very “adult” purchase, and, Raj is caught snooping in Emily’s apartment.
The Odd Couple - "The Birthday Party" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar realizes he’s forgotten Felix’s birthday, he pulls together a last-minute surprise party in his honor in an attempt to impress Casey.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Cleanroom Infiltration" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Leonard and Wolowitz nearly come to blows and turn to Raj for help in dealing with a work emergency. Meanwhile, Amy throws an authentic Victorian Christmas party, and Sheldon seeks revenge on her for making him celebrate the holidays.
Mom - "Dirty Money and a Woman Named Mike" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie are shocked when they discover how prison has changed their friend Regina. Octavia Spencer returns as Regina. Jaime Pressly returns as Jill.
Thursday, March 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Catch Will on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tiffani Thiessen (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The College Years) - Tiffani stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jada Pinkett Smith (A Different World) - Jada is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew guest co-hosts The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jonathan Banks (Community/Fired Up) - Jonathan appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Stacey Dash (Clueless) - Stacey reveals what it was like working with Bill Cosby and discusses her own parenting style on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Felicity Huffman (Sports Night) - Felicity chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Ritter (The Class) - Jason is a guest on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Anne Heche (Save Me/The Michael J. Fox Show) - Anne talks about DIG on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Dan Bucatinsky (Marry Me) - Dan talks about Marry Me and Who Do You Think You Are on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Mircea Monroe (Episodes) - Mircea talks about the season finale of her Golden Globe-winning show on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?/Romantically Challenged) - Alyssa guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Debby Ryan (Jessie/The Suite Life on Deck) - Debby is a guest on Fox & Friends on Fox News Channel at 7:22am and on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York at 8:50am.