Sunday, August 28, 2011
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for Summer Week 12, week of Aug. 15-21)
- American Dad! (Fox) - A repeat at 7pm did 1.71 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, which was down a bit from the previous week. The regular 9:30pm was preempted by the new summer series In the Flow...which isn't doing much in the ratings.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - A repeat did just 2.06 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, up some actually from previous week.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat did 2.93 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating, which was off some from previous week.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - A repeat did 2.63 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating, just about holding all of its lead-in's ratings.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat did 3.69 million and a 1.7 18-49 rating, as the latter is among the leaders for repeats of comedies in the summer.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) 2 airings - 3.57 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating for a repeat at 8pm was down a tad from the previous week. A second repeat followed and delivered 3.88 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating, also down some from previous week.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 5.45 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating for a repeat at 9pm is on par week-to-week, but this show usually does better in the summer.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - 5.34 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating for a repeat at 9:30pm was again on par really with the previous week.
- Raising Hope (Fox) - A repeat at 9:30pm only mustered 1.98 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, in its first airing in weeks.
- The Middle (ABC) - A repeat at 8pm did 4.23 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating, down a tenth from previous week.
- Modern Family (ABC) 2 airings - A repeat at 9pm did 4.81 million and a 1.9 18-49 rating, up some from the previous week and a good summer showing, tied for the best for the week in sitcoms. A repeat at 8:30pm also probably helped doing 4.53 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating, is again up some from the previous week.
- Happy Endings (ABC) - A NEW episode at 9:30pm did 2.98 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating, up some from the repeat the previous week. Not bad for summer and no promotion, but wish it was higher. ABC Family will air a marathon on Friday, Sept. 16 from 5-11pm, so if you missed any watch then before the new season starts on Sept. 28!
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat did 7.37 million and a 1.9 18-49 rating, which was up some from the previous week and tied for best among sitcoms this week with Modern Family.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy followed at 8:30pm with 5.54 million and 1.6 18-49 rating, which was down a lick from the previous week, despite the lead-in going up.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did 2.03 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, on par with the previous week.
- Parks & Recreation (NBC) - A repeat in its 8:30pm slot did only 1.7 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, but actually up a tenth from previous week.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9pm did 2.5 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, best of the low rated block again and also on par with the previous week.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.09 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, down some from previous week.
Friends with Benefits (NBC) 2 episodes - Final ratings will tell us how it actually did since NFL preempted some NBC markets, as last week the series only did a 0.5 18-49 rating again. This week, with those NFL numbers in there, it did a prelim 0.7 and 0.6 18-49 rating, but that will drop once finals are in...so don't really look at that.
- American Dad! (Fox) - numbers not in at press time.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - numbers not in at press time.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Rules of Engagement, Modern Family repeats, and week 12's Family Guy were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of Mike & Molly, Two and a Half Men) or just plain old terrible (such as Raising Hope, and the very low rated NBC Thursday repeats especially, Community). Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on cable all this summer, with the season finale of Hot in Cleveland on Wednesday at 10pm. Also catch Comedy Wednesday on ABC Family this Wednesday with an all-new one-hour Melissa & Joey from 8-9pm, as the series will be all-new for one-hour until its season finale on Sept. 14! Also of course House of Payne and Meet the Browns are on TBS Wednesdays. New sitcom airings is the perfect way to beat the summer repeat blues! Watch them! And on premium cable, it is of course Curb Your Enthusiasm, Weeds, and Entourage among the entrees.
[Source: Nielsen NTI Ratings. View Travis Yanan's Ratings Website].
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.