Sunday, August 28, 2011
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for Summer Week 12, week of Aug. 15-21)
- American Dad! (Fox) - A repeat at 7pm did 1.71 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, which was down a bit from the previous week. The regular 9:30pm was preempted by the new summer series In the Flow...which isn't doing much in the ratings.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - A repeat did just 2.06 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, up some actually from previous week.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat did 2.93 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating, which was off some from previous week.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - A repeat did 2.63 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating, just about holding all of its lead-in's ratings.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat did 3.69 million and a 1.7 18-49 rating, as the latter is among the leaders for repeats of comedies in the summer.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) 2 airings - 3.57 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating for a repeat at 8pm was down a tad from the previous week. A second repeat followed and delivered 3.88 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating, also down some from previous week.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 5.45 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating for a repeat at 9pm is on par week-to-week, but this show usually does better in the summer.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - 5.34 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating for a repeat at 9:30pm was again on par really with the previous week.
- Raising Hope (Fox) - A repeat at 9:30pm only mustered 1.98 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, in its first airing in weeks.
- The Middle (ABC) - A repeat at 8pm did 4.23 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating, down a tenth from previous week.
- Modern Family (ABC) 2 airings - A repeat at 9pm did 4.81 million and a 1.9 18-49 rating, up some from the previous week and a good summer showing, tied for the best for the week in sitcoms. A repeat at 8:30pm also probably helped doing 4.53 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating, is again up some from the previous week.
- Happy Endings (ABC) - A NEW episode at 9:30pm did 2.98 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating, up some from the repeat the previous week. Not bad for summer and no promotion, but wish it was higher. ABC Family will air a marathon on Friday, Sept. 16 from 5-11pm, so if you missed any watch then before the new season starts on Sept. 28!
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat did 7.37 million and a 1.9 18-49 rating, which was up some from the previous week and tied for best among sitcoms this week with Modern Family.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy followed at 8:30pm with 5.54 million and 1.6 18-49 rating, which was down a lick from the previous week, despite the lead-in going up.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did 2.03 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, on par with the previous week.
- Parks & Recreation (NBC) - A repeat in its 8:30pm slot did only 1.7 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, but actually up a tenth from previous week.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9pm did 2.5 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, best of the low rated block again and also on par with the previous week.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.09 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, down some from previous week.
Friends with Benefits (NBC) 2 episodes - Final ratings will tell us how it actually did since NFL preempted some NBC markets, as last week the series only did a 0.5 18-49 rating again. This week, with those NFL numbers in there, it did a prelim 0.7 and 0.6 18-49 rating, but that will drop once finals are in...so don't really look at that.
- American Dad! (Fox) - numbers not in at press time.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - numbers not in at press time.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Rules of Engagement, Modern Family repeats, and week 12's Family Guy were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of Mike & Molly, Two and a Half Men) or just plain old terrible (such as Raising Hope, and the very low rated NBC Thursday repeats especially, Community). Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on cable all this summer, with the season finale of Hot in Cleveland on Wednesday at 10pm. Also catch Comedy Wednesday on ABC Family this Wednesday with an all-new one-hour Melissa & Joey from 8-9pm, as the series will be all-new for one-hour until its season finale on Sept. 14! Also of course House of Payne and Meet the Browns are on TBS Wednesdays. New sitcom airings is the perfect way to beat the summer repeat blues! Watch them! And on premium cable, it is of course Curb Your Enthusiasm, Weeds, and Entourage among the entrees.
[Source: Nielsen NTI Ratings. View Travis Yanan's Ratings Website].
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, December 9
Last Man Standing - "Help Wanted" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Since losing her teaching job, Vanessa has been spending her time hovering over the family, and it’s driving everyone nuts. Over at Kristin and Ryan’s house, Ryan and Kyle are wrapped-up in a zombie face-off to determine who knows the most about zombies and how to survive an apocalypse. Unable to land a new gig, Vanessa becomes discouraged, but Mike does everything he can to get her back doing what she loves.
Dr. Ken - "Ken's Apology" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Ken wants to apologize to a patient for missing an important medical detail, Pat advises against it, and the situation gets out of hand. Meanwhile, D.K. shakes things up at Dave’s parent/teacher conference.
Friday, December 9
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Watch Olivia on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She will also be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Tom Papa (Come to Papa) - Tom is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bella Thorne (Shake It Up) - Bella is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar (The Crazy Ones) - Sarah whips up a delicious treat on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Richard Kind (Spin City/Mad About You) - Richard is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer appears on Chelsea on Netflix.