Sunday, August 21, 2011
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for Summer Week 11, week of Aug. 8-14)
- American Dad! (Fox) - A repeat at 7pm did 2.08 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, which was up from the previous week. The regular 9:30pm was preempted by the new summer series In the Flow...
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - A repeat did just 1.84 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, losing its 7pm lead-in's ratings. That is sad.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat did 2.99 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating, as the latter is decent for summer.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - preempted.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat at a special time of 8:30pm did 3.54 million and a 1.8 18-49 rating, as the latter is among the leaders for repeats of comedies in the summer. Regular 9pm airing was preempted.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) 2 airings - 3.65 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating for a repeat at 8pm was up a lick from the previous week among A18-49. A second repeat followed and delivered 4.06 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating, also up a tick from previous week.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 5.31 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating for a repeat at 9pm is down some week-to-week, despite a better lead-in.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - 5.01 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating for a repeat at 9:30pm was on par really with the previous week.
- Raising Hope (Fox) - preempted.
- The Middle (ABC) - A repeat at 8pm did 4.43 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating, up a good among from previous week. Up and down it goes this summer, but does decent enough for summer repeats.
- Modern Family (ABC) 2 airings - A repeat at 9pm did 4.77 million and a 1.7 18-49 rating, up some from the previous week and a good showing. A repeat at 8:30pm also probably helped doing 4.62 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating, up some from the previous week.
- Happy Endings (ABC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.86 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, up a tenth from the previous week. A new episode will air this week to promote the new season and the upcoming season one DVD. So watch it! ABC Family will air a marathon as well on Friday, Sept. 16 from 5-11pm. Get hooked!
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat did 6.79 million and a 1.7 18-49 rating, which was down a tad from the previous week but there were preemptions in many markets due to NFL again.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy followed at 8:30pm with 5.91 million and 1.7 18-49 rating, which was up from the previous week and held 100% of its lead-in.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did 1.92 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, is low but still up some from the previous week where it was possibly a historic low in the half-hour for NBC.
- Parks & Recreation (NBC) - A repeat in its 8:30pm slot did only 1.71 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, but actually up a tad from previous week.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9pm did 2.47 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, best of the low rated block again and up slightly from the previous week.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.41 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, up some from previous week.
Friends with Benefits (NBC) 2 episodes - Final ratings will tell us how it actually did since NFL preempted some NBC markets, as last week the series only did a 0.5 18-49 rating. This week, with those NFL numbers in there, it did a prelim 0.9 18-49 rating, but that will drop once finals are in...so don't really look at that 0.9.
- American Dad! (Fox) - For the third straight day, NFL pre-season preemptions has affected primetime, and prelim ratings show 2.45 million and a prelim 0.9 18-49 rating. Look for this to go down once the finals come.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - Same goes true for this airing, prelim 2.37 million and a prelim 0.8 18-49 rating. Last week the half-hours did a 0.7 and 0.6 in finals and under 2 million.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Rules of Engagement, Modern Family repeats, and week 11's Family Guy were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of Mike & Molly, Happy Endings) or just plain old terrible (such as Friends with Benefits, and the very low rated NBC Thursday repeats especially, Community). Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on cable all this summer, with the great Hot in Cleveland on Wednesday at 10pm, as we near the season finale on Aug. 31. Also catch the new Comedy Wednesday on ABC Family this Wednesday with an all-new one-hour Melissa & Joey from 8-9pm! Also of course House of Payne and Meet the Browns are on TBS Wednesdays. New sitcom airings is the perfect way to beat the summer repeat blues! Watch them! And on premium cable, it is of course Curb Your Enthusiasm, Weeds, and Entourage among the entrees. But the pick of the week is on BROADCAST on ABC: a new episode of Happy Endings at 9:30pm on Wednesday! Watch it!
[Source: Nielsen NTI Ratings. View Travis Yanan's Ratings Website].
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/02 - Parks and Recreation - Season Seven - The Farewell Season
06/02 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series
06/02 - Soap - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
06/02 - The Abbott and Costello Show - The Ultimate Collection
06/09 - The Facts of Life - Season Six
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Season 7 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Season 8 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 7 & 8 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series
06/16 - The Odd Couple - The Complete Series
06/16 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Twelfth and Final Season
06/16 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Series
06/23 - George Lopez - The Complete Fourth Season
06/23 - Workaholics - Season Five (Blu-ray)
06/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 3 (MPI Home Video)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, June 29
2 Broke Girls - "And the Move-In Meltdown" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Max, Caroline, Earl and Han help Oleg move into Sophie’s apartment until she begins turning away all of his things.
Mike & Molly - "The World According to Peggy" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Molly plans a party after hearing that Peggy is suddenly retiring.
Odd Mom Out - "Brooklandia" (Bravo, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Jill falls in love with the down-to-earth moms in attendance at a friend's backyard party in Brooklyn, then she realizes the grass may not always be greener on the other side.
Monday, June 29
- Jack Black (The Brink) - Watch Jack on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jeff Garlin (The Goldbergs/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Jeff appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) - Melissa is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Anna Faris (Mom) - Anna appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/30 Rock) - Tituss is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zach Woods (Silicon Valley/Playing House/The Office) - Zach appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Denis Leary (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/The Job) - Denis speaks about the series Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Joey McIntyre (The McCarthys) - Joey is a guest on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira ShoW, so check your local listings.
- Jada Pinkett Smith (A Different World) - Jada talks about Magic Mike XXL on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am, on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT and on People Now. She also appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/The Office) - Ellie stops by NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry appears on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.