Sunday, August 21, 2011
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for Summer Week 11, week of Aug. 8-14)
- American Dad! (Fox) - A repeat at 7pm did 2.08 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, which was up from the previous week. The regular 9:30pm was preempted by the new summer series In the Flow...
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - A repeat did just 1.84 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, losing its 7pm lead-in's ratings. That is sad.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat did 2.99 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating, as the latter is decent for summer.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - preempted.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat at a special time of 8:30pm did 3.54 million and a 1.8 18-49 rating, as the latter is among the leaders for repeats of comedies in the summer. Regular 9pm airing was preempted.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) 2 airings - 3.65 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating for a repeat at 8pm was up a lick from the previous week among A18-49. A second repeat followed and delivered 4.06 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating, also up a tick from previous week.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 5.31 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating for a repeat at 9pm is down some week-to-week, despite a better lead-in.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - 5.01 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating for a repeat at 9:30pm was on par really with the previous week.
- Raising Hope (Fox) - preempted.
- The Middle (ABC) - A repeat at 8pm did 4.43 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating, up a good among from previous week. Up and down it goes this summer, but does decent enough for summer repeats.
- Modern Family (ABC) 2 airings - A repeat at 9pm did 4.77 million and a 1.7 18-49 rating, up some from the previous week and a good showing. A repeat at 8:30pm also probably helped doing 4.62 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating, up some from the previous week.
- Happy Endings (ABC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.86 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, up a tenth from the previous week. A new episode will air this week to promote the new season and the upcoming season one DVD. So watch it! ABC Family will air a marathon as well on Friday, Sept. 16 from 5-11pm. Get hooked!
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat did 6.79 million and a 1.7 18-49 rating, which was down a tad from the previous week but there were preemptions in many markets due to NFL again.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy followed at 8:30pm with 5.91 million and 1.7 18-49 rating, which was up from the previous week and held 100% of its lead-in.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did 1.92 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, is low but still up some from the previous week where it was possibly a historic low in the half-hour for NBC.
- Parks & Recreation (NBC) - A repeat in its 8:30pm slot did only 1.71 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, but actually up a tad from previous week.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9pm did 2.47 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, best of the low rated block again and up slightly from the previous week.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.41 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, up some from previous week.
Friends with Benefits (NBC) 2 episodes - Final ratings will tell us how it actually did since NFL preempted some NBC markets, as last week the series only did a 0.5 18-49 rating. This week, with those NFL numbers in there, it did a prelim 0.9 18-49 rating, but that will drop once finals are in...so don't really look at that 0.9.
- American Dad! (Fox) - For the third straight day, NFL pre-season preemptions has affected primetime, and prelim ratings show 2.45 million and a prelim 0.9 18-49 rating. Look for this to go down once the finals come.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - Same goes true for this airing, prelim 2.37 million and a prelim 0.8 18-49 rating. Last week the half-hours did a 0.7 and 0.6 in finals and under 2 million.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Rules of Engagement, Modern Family repeats, and week 11's Family Guy were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of Mike & Molly, Happy Endings) or just plain old terrible (such as Friends with Benefits, and the very low rated NBC Thursday repeats especially, Community). Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on cable all this summer, with the great Hot in Cleveland on Wednesday at 10pm, as we near the season finale on Aug. 31. Also catch the new Comedy Wednesday on ABC Family this Wednesday with an all-new one-hour Melissa & Joey from 8-9pm! Also of course House of Payne and Meet the Browns are on TBS Wednesdays. New sitcom airings is the perfect way to beat the summer repeat blues! Watch them! And on premium cable, it is of course Curb Your Enthusiasm, Weeds, and Entourage among the entrees. But the pick of the week is on BROADCAST on ABC: a new episode of Happy Endings at 9:30pm on Wednesday! Watch it!
[Source: Nielsen NTI Ratings. View Travis Yanan's Ratings Website].
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August)
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/20 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 5th Season
07/26 - Family Matters - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
08/02 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
08/09 - Maude - The Complete Final (Sixth) Season
08/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Three
08/23 - Superstore - Season One
08/23 - The Wonder Years - Complete Series (New Slipcase Version)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, August 26
Bunk'd - "Zuri Weasels Out" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Hazel makes Zuri a counselor in training in the weasel cabin, much to Hazel's dismay; Jorge and Griff tell Ravi that the camp's horse has a secret talent.
Girl Meets World - "Girl Meets Bear" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
It's a state of emergency in the Matthews household when Riley's childhood teddy bear, Barry, is missing; Riley gathers a search party.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Love Thy Privacy" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A heated discussion with Danny's family brings Troy to her limit.
Friday, August 26
- Jeff Foxworthy (The Jeff Foxworthy Show) - Watch Jeff on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also appears live in studio to discuss his new comedy show on People Now at 8:30am. He is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Abby Elliott (Odd Mom Out) - Abby visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Sarah Silverman (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Sarah chats with the ladies of The View on a repeat on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel guest co-hosts a repeat of LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jurnee Smollett-Bell (On Our Own) - Jurnee appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings. She teams with Mario Batali to dish up Blackened Spicy Garlic Salmon on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Hilary Duff (Younger/Lizzie McGuire) and Sutton Foster (Younger) - Hilary and Sutton are guests on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Brandy (Zoe Ever After/The Game/Moesha) - Brandy guest co-hosts a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- John Krasinski (The Office) and Margo Martindale (The Millers) - John and Margo talk about The Hollars on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. Margo will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.