Sunday, August 21, 2011
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for Summer Week 11, week of Aug. 8-14)
- American Dad! (Fox) - A repeat at 7pm did 2.08 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, which was up from the previous week. The regular 9:30pm was preempted by the new summer series In the Flow...
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - A repeat did just 1.84 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, losing its 7pm lead-in's ratings. That is sad.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat did 2.99 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating, as the latter is decent for summer.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - preempted.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat at a special time of 8:30pm did 3.54 million and a 1.8 18-49 rating, as the latter is among the leaders for repeats of comedies in the summer. Regular 9pm airing was preempted.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) 2 airings - 3.65 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating for a repeat at 8pm was up a lick from the previous week among A18-49. A second repeat followed and delivered 4.06 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating, also up a tick from previous week.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 5.31 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating for a repeat at 9pm is down some week-to-week, despite a better lead-in.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - 5.01 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating for a repeat at 9:30pm was on par really with the previous week.
- Raising Hope (Fox) - preempted.
- The Middle (ABC) - A repeat at 8pm did 4.43 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating, up a good among from previous week. Up and down it goes this summer, but does decent enough for summer repeats.
- Modern Family (ABC) 2 airings - A repeat at 9pm did 4.77 million and a 1.7 18-49 rating, up some from the previous week and a good showing. A repeat at 8:30pm also probably helped doing 4.62 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating, up some from the previous week.
- Happy Endings (ABC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.86 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, up a tenth from the previous week. A new episode will air this week to promote the new season and the upcoming season one DVD. So watch it! ABC Family will air a marathon as well on Friday, Sept. 16 from 5-11pm. Get hooked!
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat did 6.79 million and a 1.7 18-49 rating, which was down a tad from the previous week but there were preemptions in many markets due to NFL again.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy followed at 8:30pm with 5.91 million and 1.7 18-49 rating, which was up from the previous week and held 100% of its lead-in.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did 1.92 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, is low but still up some from the previous week where it was possibly a historic low in the half-hour for NBC.
- Parks & Recreation (NBC) - A repeat in its 8:30pm slot did only 1.71 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, but actually up a tad from previous week.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9pm did 2.47 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, best of the low rated block again and up slightly from the previous week.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.41 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, up some from previous week.
Friends with Benefits (NBC) 2 episodes - Final ratings will tell us how it actually did since NFL preempted some NBC markets, as last week the series only did a 0.5 18-49 rating. This week, with those NFL numbers in there, it did a prelim 0.9 18-49 rating, but that will drop once finals are in...so don't really look at that 0.9.
- American Dad! (Fox) - For the third straight day, NFL pre-season preemptions has affected primetime, and prelim ratings show 2.45 million and a prelim 0.9 18-49 rating. Look for this to go down once the finals come.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - Same goes true for this airing, prelim 2.37 million and a prelim 0.8 18-49 rating. Last week the half-hours did a 0.7 and 0.6 in finals and under 2 million.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Rules of Engagement, Modern Family repeats, and week 11's Family Guy were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of Mike & Molly, Happy Endings) or just plain old terrible (such as Friends with Benefits, and the very low rated NBC Thursday repeats especially, Community). Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on cable all this summer, with the great Hot in Cleveland on Wednesday at 10pm, as we near the season finale on Aug. 31. Also catch the new Comedy Wednesday on ABC Family this Wednesday with an all-new one-hour Melissa & Joey from 8-9pm! Also of course House of Payne and Meet the Browns are on TBS Wednesdays. New sitcom airings is the perfect way to beat the summer repeat blues! Watch them! And on premium cable, it is of course Curb Your Enthusiasm, Weeds, and Entourage among the entrees. But the pick of the week is on BROADCAST on ABC: a new episode of Happy Endings at 9:30pm on Wednesday! Watch it!
[Source: Nielsen NTI Ratings. View Travis Yanan's Ratings Website].
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series / Read Our Review
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, November 23
The Simpsons - "Brick Like Me" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer wakes up in a world where his family and everyone in Springfield are made of Legos. Can he “put together” how he got there, and figure out how to get home before he’s stuck in a world of bricks forever?
Mulaney - "Patriot Acts" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When Jane starts dating a marine, John and Motif, feeling guilty for their lack of service, try to sign up for a USO Comedy Tour. Meanwhile, Lou recounts how war – and improv – are hell.
The Simpsons - "Covercraft" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Homer has a mid-life crisis, takes up bass guitar and forms a cover band with some of the other dads in town. But the band’s modest early success is soon overwhelmed by the breakout potential of their most unlikely star, Apu.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "USPIS" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
While attempting to catch a drug dealer, Jake and Charles reluctantly join forces with the nerdy lead investigator at the U.S. Postal Service, Jack Danger (guest star Ed Helms). Meanwhile, the rest of the team helps Amy quit smoking.
Family Guy - "Grimm Job" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
From Grimm to Griffin, three classic fairy tales get a new Quahog spin, including “Jack and the Beanstalk,” “Little Red Riding Hood,” and “Cinderella.”
Bob's Burgers - "Dawn of the Peck" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
While Bob is boycotting the holiday, Linda and the kids spend Thanksgiving at the First Annual Fischoeder Turk-tacular Turkey Town Festival. However, a wild bird attack leads to total mayhem.
Austin & Ally - "Relationships and Red Carpets" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Austin's record label wants him to hide his relationship with Ally; Dez considers moving to Los Angeles to attend film school and be closer to his girlfriend.
Liv and Maddie - "Hoops-a-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Liv is offered the lead in a basketball movie; Willow and Maddie help teach her how to play basketball.
Sunday, November 23
- Meredith Baxter (Family Ties/Bridget Loves Bernie) - Meredith will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 9pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Tim Allen (Last Man Standing/Home Impprovment) - Watch Tim on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Ken Jeong (Community) - Ken is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) - John drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He discusses The Gambler on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Ken Marino (Marry Me/Party Down) - Ken appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Will Arnett (The Millers/Up All Night/Arrested Development) - Will is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Tune in to see Jennnifer on a repeat of The Colbert Report at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Tom Lennon (Reno 911!/Sean Saves the World) - Tom is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Brooke Shields (Suddenly Susan) - Brooke discusses her new book (There Was a Little Girl) on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Yara Shahidi (black-ish) - Yara stops by Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Full House) and Marilu Henner (Taxi/Evening Shade) - Candace and Marilu will be on the Home & Family Holiday Special on Hallmark Channel at 8pm ET/PT. It repeats at 10am ET/PT on Tuesday. Candace will also be on Arise TV on their website at 3pm and on Centric at 3am on Tuesday. She is a guest on Fox and Friends on Fox News Channel at 8:30am. She will be on HuffPost Live at 1:00pm. Candace's Christmas Under Wraps premieres on November 29 at 8/7C on Hallmark Channel.
- Tori Spelling (Mystery Girls) - Tori and Dean McDermott talk about their fight to save their marriage on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Urie (Partners) - Michael will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly will be part of the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Tim Meadows and Dan Bucatinsky (Marry Me) - Tim and Dan are guests on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey talks about Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.