Sunday, August 21, 2011
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for Summer Week 11, week of Aug. 8-14)
- American Dad! (Fox) - A repeat at 7pm did 2.08 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, which was up from the previous week. The regular 9:30pm was preempted by the new summer series In the Flow...
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - A repeat did just 1.84 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, losing its 7pm lead-in's ratings. That is sad.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat did 2.99 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating, as the latter is decent for summer.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - preempted.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat at a special time of 8:30pm did 3.54 million and a 1.8 18-49 rating, as the latter is among the leaders for repeats of comedies in the summer. Regular 9pm airing was preempted.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) 2 airings - 3.65 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating for a repeat at 8pm was up a lick from the previous week among A18-49. A second repeat followed and delivered 4.06 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating, also up a tick from previous week.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 5.31 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating for a repeat at 9pm is down some week-to-week, despite a better lead-in.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - 5.01 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating for a repeat at 9:30pm was on par really with the previous week.
- Raising Hope (Fox) - preempted.
- The Middle (ABC) - A repeat at 8pm did 4.43 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating, up a good among from previous week. Up and down it goes this summer, but does decent enough for summer repeats.
- Modern Family (ABC) 2 airings - A repeat at 9pm did 4.77 million and a 1.7 18-49 rating, up some from the previous week and a good showing. A repeat at 8:30pm also probably helped doing 4.62 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating, up some from the previous week.
- Happy Endings (ABC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.86 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, up a tenth from the previous week. A new episode will air this week to promote the new season and the upcoming season one DVD. So watch it! ABC Family will air a marathon as well on Friday, Sept. 16 from 5-11pm. Get hooked!
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat did 6.79 million and a 1.7 18-49 rating, which was down a tad from the previous week but there were preemptions in many markets due to NFL again.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy followed at 8:30pm with 5.91 million and 1.7 18-49 rating, which was up from the previous week and held 100% of its lead-in.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did 1.92 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, is low but still up some from the previous week where it was possibly a historic low in the half-hour for NBC.
- Parks & Recreation (NBC) - A repeat in its 8:30pm slot did only 1.71 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, but actually up a tad from previous week.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9pm did 2.47 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, best of the low rated block again and up slightly from the previous week.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.41 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, up some from previous week.
Friends with Benefits (NBC) 2 episodes - Final ratings will tell us how it actually did since NFL preempted some NBC markets, as last week the series only did a 0.5 18-49 rating. This week, with those NFL numbers in there, it did a prelim 0.9 18-49 rating, but that will drop once finals are in...so don't really look at that 0.9.
- American Dad! (Fox) - For the third straight day, NFL pre-season preemptions has affected primetime, and prelim ratings show 2.45 million and a prelim 0.9 18-49 rating. Look for this to go down once the finals come.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - Same goes true for this airing, prelim 2.37 million and a prelim 0.8 18-49 rating. Last week the half-hours did a 0.7 and 0.6 in finals and under 2 million.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Rules of Engagement, Modern Family repeats, and week 11's Family Guy were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of Mike & Molly, Happy Endings) or just plain old terrible (such as Friends with Benefits, and the very low rated NBC Thursday repeats especially, Community). Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on cable all this summer, with the great Hot in Cleveland on Wednesday at 10pm, as we near the season finale on Aug. 31. Also catch the new Comedy Wednesday on ABC Family this Wednesday with an all-new one-hour Melissa & Joey from 8-9pm! Also of course House of Payne and Meet the Browns are on TBS Wednesdays. New sitcom airings is the perfect way to beat the summer repeat blues! Watch them! And on premium cable, it is of course Curb Your Enthusiasm, Weeds, and Entourage among the entrees. But the pick of the week is on BROADCAST on ABC: a new episode of Happy Endings at 9:30pm on Wednesday! Watch it!
[Source: Nielsen NTI Ratings. View Travis Yanan's Ratings Website].
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, June 28
The Middle - "Risky Business" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Frankie is completely gobsmacked when Mike’s brother Rusty (Norm Macdonald) pays an unexpected visit and offers him an opportunity to partner on one of his crazy business ideas — and Mike wants in. Meanwhile, Axl goes to extreme measures to prove to Mike that he can handle riding his dad’s new motorcycle; and unbeknownst to her parents, Sue tells Brad that her college roommate is so horrible that she’s resorted to living in her car.<> black-ish - "Churched" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In the Johnson home, Sundays involve SAT prep and sports, so when the family is invited to Church on Sunday by the neighbors, Dre goes against his instinct of always saying “no” and agrees. When they end up having one of the best Sundays they can remember, they realize they should say “yes” to things more often. Meanwhile, Jack and Diane find out they were never baptized, and take it upon themselves to do whatever they want.
Uncle Buck - "Going to Jail Party" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Alexis is convinced that Buck is to blame for Miles’ new, impulsive attitude after she catches him attempting a risky stunt for his YouTube channel. With Miles’ punishment looming, Buck decides to throw a “going to jail” party while Mom and Dad are out, but unfortunately a creepy neighbor calls the cops and ruins their celebration. Buck, Miles, Tia and Maizy seek revenge and end up in a prank war.
Uncle Buck - "I Got This" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Buck and his buddy Cy have a tradition of watching the Bulls games on TV together with Buck’s lucky basketball beside them (or the Bulls lose). But Buck’s multi-tasking skills are pushed to the limit as Tia, Miles and Maizy all have separate crises on the night of a big game, and Will and Alexis are out celebrating their anniversary.
Wrecked - "The Community Pile" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Pack goes on a vision quest; Danny helps Owen relax; Todd makes a power play to take control; the survivors make a discovery that could change everything.
Tuesday, June 28
- Jim Jefferies (Legit) - Catch Jim on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Sarah and Erin Foster (Barely Famous) - Sarah and Erin are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Paul Scheer (The League/Fresh Off the Boat) - Paul is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve appears on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Sherri Shepherd (Lesss Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Busy Philipps (Vice Principals/Cougar Town) - Busy discusses her new HBO show Vice Principals, a new comedy series, created by Danny McBride and Jody Hill, that follows a high school and the two people who almost run it on the AOL Build Show at 1pm. She will also be on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime in the 9am hour.
- Jonathan Groff (Looking) - Jonathan talks about Looking on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Constance Zimmer (Good Morning, Miami), Shiri Appleby (Sunday Dinner) and Craig Bierko (Unhitched/Madman of the People/Sydney) - The stars of Lifetime's UnREAL are guests on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Arsenio Hall (Arsenio) - Arsenio guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.