Sunday, August 14, 2011
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for Summer Week 10, week of Aug. 1-7)
- American Dad! (Fox) 2 airings - A repeat at 7pm did 1.66 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, which was down from the previous week. The regular 9:30pm was preempted.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - preempted.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - preempted.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - preempted.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat at a special time of 7:30pm did 2.35 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, which grew nicely from the lead-in. Regular 9pm airing was preempted.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) 2 airings - 3.9 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating for a repeat at 8pm was on par with the previous week again. A second repeat followed and delivered 4.12 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 5.46 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating for a repeat at 9pm is up some week-to-week.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - 4.87 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating for a repeat at 9:30pm was up some from previous week.
- Raising Hope (Fox) - preempted.
- The Middle (ABC) - A repeat at 8pm did 4.2 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, down from previous week.
- Modern Family (ABC) 2 airings - A repeat at 9pm did 4.8 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating, up a tad from the previous week. A repeat at 8:30pm also probably helped doing 4.45 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating, down a lick from the previous week.
- Happy Endings (ABC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.86 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, on par with the previous week. If you have missed any episodes, keep watching! A new episode will air Aug. 24 to promote the new season and the upcoming season one DVD. ABC Family will air a marathon as well on Friday, Sept. 16 from 5-11pm. Get hooked!
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat did 6.52 million and a 1.8 18-49 rating, which was up some from the previous week despite preemptions in many markets due to NFL.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy followed at 8:30pm with 5.32 million and 1.5 18-49 rating, which was on par with the previous week.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did 1.7 million and a 0.4 18-49 rating, down from the previous week and possibly a historic low in the half-hour for NBC.
- Parks & Recreation (NBC) - A repeat in its 8:30pm slot did only 1.51 million and a 0.5 18-49 rating, down from previous week which was already low.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9pm did 2.14 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, best of the low rated block but still down slightly from the previous week.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 1.7 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, down some from previous week. Yes, NBC was preempted in some markets due to NFL pre-season, but that didn't hurt much for CBS' sitcom repeats and they also had preemptions.
Friends with Benefits (NBC) 2 episodes - The first airing did a prelim 2.44 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, which was down a lick from previous week's prelim ratings. These numbers will go down when finals come out due to NFL pre-season preemptions. A second episode followed with only a prelim 2.19 million and a prelim 0.7 18-49 rating. Again, final ratings will tell us how it actually did since NFL preempted some NBC markets.
- Family Guy (Fox) - For the third straight day, NFL pre-season preemptions has affected primetime, and prelim ratings show 3.28 million and a prelim 1.1 18-49 rating. Look for this to go down once the finals come.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - Same goes true for this airing, prelim 2.89 million and a prelim 1.0 18-49 rating.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Rules of Engagement, Two and a Half Men and Modern Family repeats were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of How I Met Your Mother, Happy Endings) or just plain old terrible (such as Friends with Benefits, and the very low rated NBC Thursday repeats especially, Community). Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on cable all this summer, with the great Hot in Cleveland on Wednesday at 10pm, followed by the season finale of Happily Divorced starring Fran Drescher this Wednesday at 10:30pm only on TV Land. Also catch the new Comedy Wednesday on ABC Family this Wednesday with an all-new one-hour Melissa & Joey from 8-9pm, followed by the one-hour season finale of State of Georgia starring Raven Symone from 9-10pm. Watch this show! Also of course House of Payne and Meet the Browns are on TBS Wednesdays. New sitcom airings is the perfect way to beat the summer repeat blues! Watch them! And on premium cable, it is of course Curb Your Enthusiasm, Weeds, and Entourage among the entrees.
[Source: Nielsen NTI Ratings. View Travis Yanan's Ratings Website].
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, January 20
Last Man Standing - "A House Divided" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mike and Vanessa ask newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to tone down their constant displays of affection, Mandy agrees but only if her parents become more discreet in the way they express their feelings to each other. Meanwhile, Kristen gets Eve a gig playing at the Grill, but Ed wants to fire her after a lackluster performance.
Dr. Ken - "A Day in the Life" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Amy (guest star Yvette Nicole Brown), the producer of a documentary health series, follows Ken around to record a typical day at an HMO, giving Ken his big moment in the limelight. But much to Ken’s chagrin, a series of the less than thrilling day-to-day parts of the job at Welltopia leads Ken to doubt his own career choice.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.