Sunday, August 14, 2011
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for Summer Week 10, week of Aug. 1-7)
- American Dad! (Fox) 2 airings - A repeat at 7pm did 1.66 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, which was down from the previous week. The regular 9:30pm was preempted.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - preempted.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - preempted.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - preempted.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat at a special time of 7:30pm did 2.35 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, which grew nicely from the lead-in. Regular 9pm airing was preempted.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) 2 airings - 3.9 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating for a repeat at 8pm was on par with the previous week again. A second repeat followed and delivered 4.12 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 5.46 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating for a repeat at 9pm is up some week-to-week.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - 4.87 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating for a repeat at 9:30pm was up some from previous week.
- Raising Hope (Fox) - preempted.
- The Middle (ABC) - A repeat at 8pm did 4.2 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, down from previous week.
- Modern Family (ABC) 2 airings - A repeat at 9pm did 4.8 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating, up a tad from the previous week. A repeat at 8:30pm also probably helped doing 4.45 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating, down a lick from the previous week.
- Happy Endings (ABC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.86 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, on par with the previous week. If you have missed any episodes, keep watching! A new episode will air Aug. 24 to promote the new season and the upcoming season one DVD. ABC Family will air a marathon as well on Friday, Sept. 16 from 5-11pm. Get hooked!
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat did 6.52 million and a 1.8 18-49 rating, which was up some from the previous week despite preemptions in many markets due to NFL.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy followed at 8:30pm with 5.32 million and 1.5 18-49 rating, which was on par with the previous week.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did 1.7 million and a 0.4 18-49 rating, down from the previous week and possibly a historic low in the half-hour for NBC.
- Parks & Recreation (NBC) - A repeat in its 8:30pm slot did only 1.51 million and a 0.5 18-49 rating, down from previous week which was already low.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9pm did 2.14 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, best of the low rated block but still down slightly from the previous week.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 1.7 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, down some from previous week. Yes, NBC was preempted in some markets due to NFL pre-season, but that didn't hurt much for CBS' sitcom repeats and they also had preemptions.
Friends with Benefits (NBC) 2 episodes - The first airing did a prelim 2.44 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, which was down a lick from previous week's prelim ratings. These numbers will go down when finals come out due to NFL pre-season preemptions. A second episode followed with only a prelim 2.19 million and a prelim 0.7 18-49 rating. Again, final ratings will tell us how it actually did since NFL preempted some NBC markets.
- Family Guy (Fox) - For the third straight day, NFL pre-season preemptions has affected primetime, and prelim ratings show 3.28 million and a prelim 1.1 18-49 rating. Look for this to go down once the finals come.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - Same goes true for this airing, prelim 2.89 million and a prelim 1.0 18-49 rating.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Rules of Engagement, Two and a Half Men and Modern Family repeats were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of How I Met Your Mother, Happy Endings) or just plain old terrible (such as Friends with Benefits, and the very low rated NBC Thursday repeats especially, Community). Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on cable all this summer, with the great Hot in Cleveland on Wednesday at 10pm, followed by the season finale of Happily Divorced starring Fran Drescher this Wednesday at 10:30pm only on TV Land. Also catch the new Comedy Wednesday on ABC Family this Wednesday with an all-new one-hour Melissa & Joey from 8-9pm, followed by the one-hour season finale of State of Georgia starring Raven Symone from 9-10pm. Watch this show! Also of course House of Payne and Meet the Browns are on TBS Wednesdays. New sitcom airings is the perfect way to beat the summer repeat blues! Watch them! And on premium cable, it is of course Curb Your Enthusiasm, Weeds, and Entourage among the entrees.
[Source: Nielsen NTI Ratings. View Travis Yanan's Ratings Website].
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, March 26
The Simpsons - "Dad Behavior" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer finds a new app that makes his life much easier and outsources his father-son bonding. Meanwhile, Grampa finds that he is about to be a father again.
Bob's Burgers - "Aquaticism" / "Ain't Miss Debatin'" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When Tina learns that the aquarium is in danger of closing, the Belcher children devise a scheme to keep it running. Meanwhile, Bob realizes that he could learn a thing or two from Linda’s customer service skills. Then, when Tina is recruited by the debate team, she finds unexpected success and an even more unexpected relationship. Meanwhile, Louise and Gene convince their parents to help fund a stop-motion movie focusing on a surprising subject matter.
Making History - "Chadwick's Angels" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
In need of a victory, the trio heads back to the 1990s to give Dan another shot at his childhood dream: finishing the infamous “Bellybuster” ice cream sundae at a local parlor. As Deb bonds with the parlor’s owner, Chris is on a mission to save a life in honor of his late British friend. But all of their plans are derailed when Dan runs into the bully that tormented him.
Family Guy - "Peter's Lost Youth" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter gets jealous of Lois when she upstages him at a Red Sox fantasy baseball camp. Meanwhile, Stewie runs away from home when Meg is left to babysit him.
The Last Man on Earth - "Find This Thing We Need To" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Carol makes a big discovery, enlisting Tandy and Erica to help her track down some answers. Meanwhile, Todd has a major breakthrough with Melissa.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.