Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Moving on to the following weekend, there will be a 12-hour marathon of M*A*S*H on Saturday, Sept. 8 from 8am-8pm, as the series cannot air out of those boundaries because TV Land has the primetime and late night rights. M*A*S*H still will return to the regular Hallmark Channel line-up, though. Frasier will follow from 8-10pm that night, followed by two-hours each of The Golden Girls, Cheers, and more Frasier, all from 10pm-4am. On Saturday, Sept. 24, the Hallmark Channel will present 24-hours of The Golden Girls starting at 6am.
Moving on to the Hallmark Channel Home block, as we mentioned previously, new series Emeril's Table will join the block this fall. The series will premiere on Monday, Sept. 26 at 11am. It will air for the full-hour from 11am-12pm, but on Mondays at 11:30am, Martha Bakes will air. Mad Hungry with Lucinda Scala Quinn will slide to 12 noon, as Petkeeping with Marc Marrone will now only air at 12:30pm. The Martha Stewart Show will continue to air weekdays at 10am, with repeats of various episodes airing at 2pm & 3pm.
Will Hallmark Channel make any schedule changes in October? We'll let you know soon! So for now, we can't officially call this a a fall schedule...but it technically is since Emeril's Table launches Sept. 26.
MTV announced that it has picked up a second season of its critically acclaimed hit scripted comedy series Awkward. The show, which takes an irreverent look at the conflict, chaos and humor that defines teenage life, continues its season one run on Tuesday nights with 7 all-new remaining episodes. Season two will debut in 2012. Last week's episode delivered a series high 2.0 rating among P12-34, up 21% from the previous week, and was the top show in its time period among F12-34. Since its July 19 debut, 1.7 million viewers have tuned into Awkward. each week. In tonight's episode (Tuesday, August 16 at 11 p.m. ET/PT on MTV), the awkwardness continues for Jenna. On the heels of Matty telling her that he doesn't want to be in a relationship, she spots him with a mystery girl and fears he's already replaced her. Awkward. stars Ashley Rickards.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August)
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/20 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 5th Season
07/26 - Family Matters - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
08/02 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
08/09 - Maude - The Complete Final (Sixth) Season
08/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Three
08/23 - Superstore - Season One
08/23 - The Wonder Years - Complete Series (New Slipcase Version)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, August 29
Mom - "Pure Evil and a Free Piece of Cheesecake" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Christy learns she made the Dean’s List at school, she is disappointed by Bonnie’s lackluster response. Richard Schiff guest stars as Robert, Bonnie’s fantasy co-worker.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Partnership Hits the Fan" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When a law firm courting Randy (Ed Quinn) for a job invites Randy and Max to dinner at a hip new restaurant, the evening veers off course when their eclectic cuisine doesn’t sit well with Max.
Mom - "Mahjong Sally and the Ectasy" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Christy and Bonnie don’t know who to believe when they hear conflicting stories about Violet and Gregory’s break-up. Linda Lavin returns as Phyllis, Gregory’s mother.
The Odd Couple - "Make Room for Dani" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Oscar reluctantly agrees with his agent that it’s time to shake things up on his radio show and allows Dani to have a bigger role after a rival host, Rich Eisen, taunts him. Also, Felix is eager to meet Emily’s mother, but things don’t go as well as he hoped.
Odd Mom Out - "Ode to Joy" (Bravo, 10:00PM ET/PT)
At Brooke and Lex's vow renewal ceremony, Jill struggles with whether to tell Brooke that her wedding officiant, Joy Green, is a monster.
Monday, August 29
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Watch Tika on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She also talks about Southside with You on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerrod Carmichael (The Carmichael Show) - Jerrod is a guest on Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- Walton Goggins (Vice Principals) - Walton appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identiy) - Jerry is a guest on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12:05am on BET or on your local stations.
- Chris D'Elia, Ron Funches, Rick Glassman and Brent Morin - The cast of Undateable are guests on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Sally Field (Gidget/The Flying Nun) - Sally whips up a delicious Pea Pesto & Potatoes with Mario Batali on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland/One Day at a Time) - Valerie bakes up her Sicilian Love Cake for dessert on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Tyler Labine (Deadbeat/Animal Practice/Mad Love/Sons of Tucson) - Tyler talks about Zoom on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril explains the surprising origins of his catchphrase “Bam!” on People Now at 8:30am.