Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Moving on to the following weekend, there will be a 12-hour marathon of M*A*S*H on Saturday, Sept. 8 from 8am-8pm, as the series cannot air out of those boundaries because TV Land has the primetime and late night rights. M*A*S*H still will return to the regular Hallmark Channel line-up, though. Frasier will follow from 8-10pm that night, followed by two-hours each of The Golden Girls, Cheers, and more Frasier, all from 10pm-4am. On Saturday, Sept. 24, the Hallmark Channel will present 24-hours of The Golden Girls starting at 6am.
Moving on to the Hallmark Channel Home block, as we mentioned previously, new series Emeril's Table will join the block this fall. The series will premiere on Monday, Sept. 26 at 11am. It will air for the full-hour from 11am-12pm, but on Mondays at 11:30am, Martha Bakes will air. Mad Hungry with Lucinda Scala Quinn will slide to 12 noon, as Petkeeping with Marc Marrone will now only air at 12:30pm. The Martha Stewart Show will continue to air weekdays at 10am, with repeats of various episodes airing at 2pm & 3pm.
Will Hallmark Channel make any schedule changes in October? We'll let you know soon! So for now, we can't officially call this a a fall schedule...but it technically is since Emeril's Table launches Sept. 26.
MTV announced that it has picked up a second season of its critically acclaimed hit scripted comedy series Awkward. The show, which takes an irreverent look at the conflict, chaos and humor that defines teenage life, continues its season one run on Tuesday nights with 7 all-new remaining episodes. Season two will debut in 2012. Last week's episode delivered a series high 2.0 rating among P12-34, up 21% from the previous week, and was the top show in its time period among F12-34. Since its July 19 debut, 1.7 million viewers have tuned into Awkward. each week. In tonight's episode (Tuesday, August 16 at 11 p.m. ET/PT on MTV), the awkwardness continues for Jenna. On the heels of Matty telling her that he doesn't want to be in a relationship, she spots him with a mystery girl and fears he's already replaced her. Awkward. stars Ashley Rickards.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)
10/06 - Bewitched - The Complete Collection
10/06 - Grace Under Fire - The Complete Collection
10/06 - Happyish - Season One
10/06 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/06 - Party Down - The Complete Series
10/06 - South Park - The Complete Eighteenth Season (Blu-ray)
10/20 - C.P.O. Sharkey - Mr. Warmth: The Ultimate Don Rickles TV Collection
10/20 - The Facts of Life - Season Seven
10/20- King of the Hill - The Complete 13th Season (Blu-ray)
10/20 - My Favorite Martian - The Complete Series
10/20 - Nurse Jackie - Season Seven ((Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 10
Henry Danger - "Captain Man: On Vacation" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Ray has trusted Henry and Charlotte with protecting Swellview while he's out of town at his cousin's wedding. Problems arise when they find themselves having to handle things on their own.
Game Shakers - "Tiny Pickles" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Babe and Kenzie's new game is ready, but Dub promises the world another game based on a crazy dream he had. The kids make his game and it's terrible. Feeling bad, they combine it with theirs and announce it on TV. Guest Stars: Matt Bennett, Yvette Nicole Brown.
100 Things to Do Before High School - "Join a Club Thing!" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Crispo joins the school's most popular club and Fen joins the genius group, CJ is left without her pals. Realizing it's more fun when they are together, she works to create a club that will reunite the group.
- "Basket Case" (TV Land, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After Stephanie helps Aaron beat James at a game, Charlie worries that she has upset the balance of power in the family. Gabby gets caught in the middle of a fight between Stephanie and Maggie.
- "Turning a Blind Eye" (TV Land, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Maggie bribes James and Aaron to pretend to be her younger brothers when she starts dating a younger man, who happens to be blind. Gabby gets punished for having Noah over when her parents are out. Guest Star: Carlos PenaVega.
Monday, October 12
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife/The Secret Lives of Men) - Watch Bradley on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar (Truth Be Told/Saved by the Bell) and Tone Bell (Truth Be Told/Bad Judge) - Mark-Paul and Tone are guests on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Colin Hanks (Life in Pieces) - Colin will be on on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jussie Smollett (On Our Own) - Jussie chats about the series Empire on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Steve visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Clark Gregg (The New Adventures of Old Christine) - Whoopi Goldberg tours NY Comic Con with Clark on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri guest co-hosts Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Ryan McPartlin (Living with Fran) - Ryan appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Ryan Lee (Trophy Wife) - Ryan and the cast of Goosebumps will be on the AOL Build Show at 11:30am.
- Dana Delany (The Comedians) - Dana talks about House of God on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Selena Gomez (Wizards of Waverly Place) - Selena performs live on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. She also appears in the 9am hour.
- Jenna Elfman (Dharma & Greg/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex) - Jenna talks about Big Stong Gap on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh will be on People Now.
- Heather Dubrow (Stark Raving Mad) - Heather is a guest on People Now.
- Chris D'Elia (Undateable/Whitney) and Brent Morin (Undateable) - Chris and Brent talk about going live for season 3 of Undateable on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.