Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Moving on to the following weekend, there will be a 12-hour marathon of M*A*S*H on Saturday, Sept. 8 from 8am-8pm, as the series cannot air out of those boundaries because TV Land has the primetime and late night rights. M*A*S*H still will return to the regular Hallmark Channel line-up, though. Frasier will follow from 8-10pm that night, followed by two-hours each of The Golden Girls, Cheers, and more Frasier, all from 10pm-4am. On Saturday, Sept. 24, the Hallmark Channel will present 24-hours of The Golden Girls starting at 6am.
Moving on to the Hallmark Channel Home block, as we mentioned previously, new series Emeril's Table will join the block this fall. The series will premiere on Monday, Sept. 26 at 11am. It will air for the full-hour from 11am-12pm, but on Mondays at 11:30am, Martha Bakes will air. Mad Hungry with Lucinda Scala Quinn will slide to 12 noon, as Petkeeping with Marc Marrone will now only air at 12:30pm. The Martha Stewart Show will continue to air weekdays at 10am, with repeats of various episodes airing at 2pm & 3pm.
Will Hallmark Channel make any schedule changes in October? We'll let you know soon! So for now, we can't officially call this a a fall schedule...but it technically is since Emeril's Table launches Sept. 26.
MTV announced that it has picked up a second season of its critically acclaimed hit scripted comedy series Awkward. The show, which takes an irreverent look at the conflict, chaos and humor that defines teenage life, continues its season one run on Tuesday nights with 7 all-new remaining episodes. Season two will debut in 2012. Last week's episode delivered a series high 2.0 rating among P12-34, up 21% from the previous week, and was the top show in its time period among F12-34. Since its July 19 debut, 1.7 million viewers have tuned into Awkward. each week. In tonight's episode (Tuesday, August 16 at 11 p.m. ET/PT on MTV), the awkwardness continues for Jenna. On the heels of Matty telling her that he doesn't want to be in a relationship, she spots him with a mystery girl and fears he's already replaced her. Awkward. stars Ashley Rickards.
The Goldbergs - "Kara-Te" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Barry decides to sign up for the school’s holiday talent show but is bummed when the school doesn’t approve karate as a talent. Beverly is livid and brow beats the teacher in charge to change his mind. After the family watches Barry’s routine, everyone wonders whether he will be able to pull off the performance… or crack under pressure. Meanwhile, Erica gets coerced from Pops to also perform in the talent show, but will she? Tim Meadows guest stars.
Trophy Wife - "Twas the Night Before Christmas... Or Twas It?" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Pete, Kate, Diane and Jackie wake up Christmas morning hung-over and the house in complete disaster. They try to piece together the events of last night’s Christmas Eve festivities while also trying to save Christmas for the kids. Phyllis Smith (“The Office”) returns for a guest appearance.
Tuesday, December 10
- Billy Crystal (Soap) - Catch Billy on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kirstie Alley (Kirstie/Veronica's Closet/Cheers) - Kirstie is a guest on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom visits Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- John Goodman (Roseanne) - John appears on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Toks Olagundoye (The Neighbors) - Tune in to see Toks on The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Lizzy Caplan (The Class/Party Down) - Lizzy is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar (Saved by the Bell) - Mark-Paul stops by The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell) - It's an hour of Latin inspired holiday dishes when Mario and Mario Batali whip up a tasty holiday dish on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He will also be on New York Live on WNBC at 12:30pm ET.
- Richard Karn (Home Improvement) - Richard discusses his latest project on Home & Family at 10am on Hallmark Channel.
- Ed Asner (The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Ed is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- David Koechner (The Office) - David will be on SI Now at 1pm.
- Miranda Cosgrove (iCarly) - Miranda appears on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.