Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Moving on to the following weekend, there will be a 12-hour marathon of M*A*S*H on Saturday, Sept. 8 from 8am-8pm, as the series cannot air out of those boundaries because TV Land has the primetime and late night rights. M*A*S*H still will return to the regular Hallmark Channel line-up, though. Frasier will follow from 8-10pm that night, followed by two-hours each of The Golden Girls, Cheers, and more Frasier, all from 10pm-4am. On Saturday, Sept. 24, the Hallmark Channel will present 24-hours of The Golden Girls starting at 6am.
Moving on to the Hallmark Channel Home block, as we mentioned previously, new series Emeril's Table will join the block this fall. The series will premiere on Monday, Sept. 26 at 11am. It will air for the full-hour from 11am-12pm, but on Mondays at 11:30am, Martha Bakes will air. Mad Hungry with Lucinda Scala Quinn will slide to 12 noon, as Petkeeping with Marc Marrone will now only air at 12:30pm. The Martha Stewart Show will continue to air weekdays at 10am, with repeats of various episodes airing at 2pm & 3pm.
Will Hallmark Channel make any schedule changes in October? We'll let you know soon! So for now, we can't officially call this a a fall schedule...but it technically is since Emeril's Table launches Sept. 26.
MTV announced that it has picked up a second season of its critically acclaimed hit scripted comedy series Awkward. The show, which takes an irreverent look at the conflict, chaos and humor that defines teenage life, continues its season one run on Tuesday nights with 7 all-new remaining episodes. Season two will debut in 2012. Last week's episode delivered a series high 2.0 rating among P12-34, up 21% from the previous week, and was the top show in its time period among F12-34. Since its July 19 debut, 1.7 million viewers have tuned into Awkward. each week. In tonight's episode (Tuesday, August 16 at 11 p.m. ET/PT on MTV), the awkwardness continues for Jenna. On the heels of Matty telling her that he doesn't want to be in a relationship, she spots him with a mystery girl and fears he's already replaced her. Awkward. stars Ashley Rickards.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/16 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series
02/16 - The Brady Kids - The Complete Animated Series
02/16 - Girls - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
02/16 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Complete Series
02/16 - Togetherness - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, February 10
The Middle - "Film, Friends and Fruit Pies" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
While Frankie and Mike try to figure out which household appliance a piece of plastic belongs to, Brick becomes a tyrannical director when he casts Cindy and Troy to re-enact scenes from “Knots Landing” for a school project; Sue’s excitement over having new friend Lexie become her college dorm roommate quickly sours when she finds herself being charged for half of the new things that Lexie is spontaneously buying for the room; and Axl finds himself becoming stressed out when his boss (Alan Ruck) befriends him and tells him that the fruit pie division is on the verge of being shut down.
The Goldbergs - "Lainey Loves Lionel" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Beverly forbids Adam to see the R-rated movie “Porky’s,” so Murray pushes him to break the rules. But the plan backfires when Beverly forbids Adam to use the phone for Valentine’s Day. As a result, he takes the rule breaking to a whole new level. Meanwhile, Barry tries too hard to impress Lainey for the holiday using the legendary music of Lionel Ritchie.
Modern Family - "Clean for a Day" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Before Claire officially takes over Jay’s closet business, she decides she must get the house in order and make the family clean out the clutter; unfortunately, Phil and Luke can’t bear to part with anything, and Alex digs up old feelings when she finds Sanjay’s sweatshirt. Newly into retirement, Jay decides to get a new hobby – piloting a plane – but the danger puts Cameron into a tailspin of worry. And elsewhere, Gloria wants to connect with Jay more and decides to pick up his favorite game of golf, and ropes Mitchell into teaching her.
black-ish - "Sink or Swim" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After Dre notices that his neighbor Janine has never invited his family to any of her pool parties, he assumes she is racially stereotyping them as a family that doesn’t swim. The kids are shocked to find out that, in fact, Dre doesn’t know how to swim. At work, Dre shares the story with his colleagues, and Daphne Lido is not convinced it’s a race thing, so Dre confronts Janine directly. Meanwhile, Jack and Diane are a part of the Girls’ and Boys’ Rovers Organization, and they envy each other’s activities.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Booth Babes" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Max and Caroline sign up to be “booth babes” in order to get into a huge gaming convention for free. Once inside, they’re shocked to see that Han’s friend has created video game characters based on them, and demand compensation.
Mike & Molly - "The Good Wife" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Molly’s leisure activities between novels become an issue with Mike as he wants her to be the perfect homemaker.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Coachella" (Freeform, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi brings her food truck to an outdoor music festival; miserable Sofia seeks new company.
Baby Daddy - "Reinventing the Wheeler" (Freeform, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Ben feels it is time to settle down; Danny's sleeping troubles affect his hockey performance.
Younger - "Un-Jaded" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
When their first author proves to be more trouble than she’s worth, Liza and Kelsey worry their imprint might be over before it ever gets started.
Teachers - "Jacob" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Ms. Watson deals with the fact that her ex may have moved on; Ms. Cannon tries to put a stop to teacher cliques.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "Being Frank" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
A day in the life of Frank Reynold's as he tries to keep up with the gang's newest scheme.
Man Seeking Woman - "Honey" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Josh tries to prove to Rosa (Rosa Salazar) that he's a better option than her current boyfriend (Fred Armisen).
Wednesday, February 10
- Zendaya (K.C. Undercover) - Catch Zendaya on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Malin Akerman (Sin City Saints/Trophy Wife) - Malin appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim drops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jason Mantzoukas (The League) - Jason visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Alison Brie (Community) - Alison appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Debi Mazar (Younger/Entourage/Working) - Debi talks about TV Land's Younger on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Charlie Sheen (Anger Management/Two and a Half Men) - Charlie is back to set the record straight about that experimental HIV treatment he tried and responds to the controversial doctor who told him he was cured on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings. He also opens up about a new, game-changing HIV treatment he’s excited about.
- Colton Dunn (Superstore) - Colton is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?/Romantically Challenged) - Alyssa appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Deadpool on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central..
- Fran Drescher (Happily Divorced/Living with Fran/The Nanny) - Fran is a guest on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Kim Cattrall (Sex and the City) - Kim talks about her series Sensitive Skin on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Joe Morton (Grady) - Joe is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.