Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Moving on to the following weekend, there will be a 12-hour marathon of M*A*S*H on Saturday, Sept. 8 from 8am-8pm, as the series cannot air out of those boundaries because TV Land has the primetime and late night rights. M*A*S*H still will return to the regular Hallmark Channel line-up, though. Frasier will follow from 8-10pm that night, followed by two-hours each of The Golden Girls, Cheers, and more Frasier, all from 10pm-4am. On Saturday, Sept. 24, the Hallmark Channel will present 24-hours of The Golden Girls starting at 6am.
Moving on to the Hallmark Channel Home block, as we mentioned previously, new series Emeril's Table will join the block this fall. The series will premiere on Monday, Sept. 26 at 11am. It will air for the full-hour from 11am-12pm, but on Mondays at 11:30am, Martha Bakes will air. Mad Hungry with Lucinda Scala Quinn will slide to 12 noon, as Petkeeping with Marc Marrone will now only air at 12:30pm. The Martha Stewart Show will continue to air weekdays at 10am, with repeats of various episodes airing at 2pm & 3pm.
Will Hallmark Channel make any schedule changes in October? We'll let you know soon! So for now, we can't officially call this a a fall schedule...but it technically is since Emeril's Table launches Sept. 26.
MTV announced that it has picked up a second season of its critically acclaimed hit scripted comedy series Awkward. The show, which takes an irreverent look at the conflict, chaos and humor that defines teenage life, continues its season one run on Tuesday nights with 7 all-new remaining episodes. Season two will debut in 2012. Last week's episode delivered a series high 2.0 rating among P12-34, up 21% from the previous week, and was the top show in its time period among F12-34. Since its July 19 debut, 1.7 million viewers have tuned into Awkward. each week. In tonight's episode (Tuesday, August 16 at 11 p.m. ET/PT on MTV), the awkwardness continues for Jenna. On the heels of Matty telling her that he doesn't want to be in a relationship, she spots him with a mystery girl and fears he's already replaced her. Awkward. stars Ashley Rickards.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/02 - Benson - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Halloween Episodes Collection
09/02 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season Nine
09/02 - The League - The Complete Season Five
09/02 - New Girl - The Complete Season Three
09/02 - Soap - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - What's Happening!! - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/09 - The Goldbergs - The Complete First Season
09/11 - Growing Up Fisher - Season One
09/16 - About a Boy - Season One
09/16 - Awkward - Season 3
09/16 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray/DVD)
09/16 - South Park - Season 17 (Blu-ray)
09/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season One
09/23 - How I Met Your Mother - The Ninth and Legendary Final Season / The Complete Series
09/23 - Mama's Family - The Complete Fifth Season / The Complete Collection
09/23 - Modern Family - The Complete Fifth Season
09/23 - Mom - The Complete First Season
09/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 1 (MPI)
09/30 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fourth Season
Other TV Series:
09/02 - Grey's Anatomy - The Complete Tenth Season
09/09 - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
09/16 - CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - The Fourteenth Season
09/16 - Castle - The Complete Sixth Season
09/23 - Nashville - The Complete Second Season
09/23 - Scandal - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, September 30
Selfie - "Pilot" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Social Media superstar Eliza Dooley has 263,000 followers who hang on to her every post, tweet and selfie. But after a workplace mishap goes viral, she quickly realizes that being “instafamous” isn’t all it’s cracked up to be and being friended is not the same as having actual friends. She enlists co-worker and marketing guru, Henry, to ‘rebrand’ her self-obsessed reputation and teach her how to connect with people in the real world, whether she ‘likes’ it or not.
Manhattan Love Story - "Pilot" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
In “Pilot,” the audience is introduced to Dana and Peter: young, single and attractive making their way in the big city. Dana grew up in a small town with her sights set on New York romanticizing about the life and love it had to offer while Peter, by contrast, grew up there and feels like he has been there and done that when it comes to life in Manhattan. Dana is determined to succeed in New York in both business and love, while Peter is perfectly content to go on dating his way through it. While it is the streets of New York that offers this duo a first glimpse of each other, it’s family and friends who conspire to set them up. The audience will go along for the ride as they venture on their first date and hear exactly what they really think of each other.
New Girl - "Julie Berkman's Older Sister" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Jess’ dad (guest star Rob Reiner) arrives with his new girlfriend, who happened to be Jess and Cece’s high-school rival (guest star Kaitlin Olson). Meanwhile, Schmidt recruits the guys to be part of a focus group at work to help him land a big new account.
The Mindy Project - "Crimes & Misdemeanors & Ex-BFs" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Mindy comes face-to-face with tax troubles and devises a plan to “rekindle” a fake relationship with Cliff (guest star Glen Howerton), in order to save the practice from her fraudulent past. Meanwhile, Peter and Jeremy secretly try to outdo each other and win Lauren’s (guest star Tracey Wigfield) love.
Tuesday, September 30
- Martin Short (Mulaney/I'm a Big Girl Now) - Catch Martin on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Mr. Warmth is a guest on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) - Nathan visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Garry Marshall (Creator of Happy Days/Laverne & Shirley/Mork & Mindy) - Garry stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Jeffrey Tambor (Transparent/Arrested Development/The Larry Sanders Show) - Jeffrey appears on The Colbert Report at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge) - Kate is a guest on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- B.J. Novak (The Office) - B.J. visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP) - Keke chats on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons and Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Reed Between the Lines/Girlfriends) - The stars of ABC's black-ish are guests on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Lena is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Analeigh Tipton and Jake McDorman (Manhattan Love Story/Are You There, Chelsea?/Quintuplets) - The stars of ABC's Manhattan Love Story chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. They also join the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jennie Garth (Mystery Girls/What I Like About You) - Jennie shows the remodel of her personal home on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York between 7-10am.