Monday, July 18, 2011
TeenNick Starts '90s Block, Adds Everybody Hates Chris, Malcolm in the Middle; GMC Acquires Judging Amy
In March, we mentioned TeenNick will bring back classic '90s series and will air a new late night 12-4am block starting this Fall called "The '90s Are All That." Well now it will be starting earlier! In fact, it will start NEXT week (Monday, July 25)! The block will kick-off at midnight every weeknight with All That, followed by Kenan & Kel at 12:30am, Clarissa Explains It All at 1:00am and the TeenNick premiere of the animated series Doug at 1:30am! The block will immediately encore from 2-4am in the same order. This means recently added series Freaks & Geeks, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Undeclared will be moving to weekends only in the late nights. Freaks will air Saturday nights from 2-4am followed by Buffy from 4am-6am. Undeclared will air 4-5am on Sunday nights.
This is just the beginning for The '90s Are All That on TeenNick...stay with us for further changes and we hope they bring in some classic non-Nick '90s series as well like Family Matters and Step by Step. Stay tuned!
In a quiet move, GMC has acquired the rights to the drama Judging Amy. The Amy Brenneman drama premiered yesterday with a launch marathon from 1pm to 11pm, but the series will regularly air weekdays at 2:00pm & 3:00pm starting today after The Waltons. It will also air in primetime on Tuesday nights, its former night on CBS, at 9pm & 10pm. The series aired from 1999-2005 on CBS and also starred Tyne Daly. Tyne's brother Tim currently stars with Amy on ABC's Private Practice.
Amy Gray, an attorney, has found herself a single mother after a recent divorce. With Amy’s young daughter Lauren in tow she moves back to Hartford, Connecticut with her very opinionated mother, a retired social worker. Amy moves back in to her mother’s home where the family issues are plentiful. Amy is selected to become a Juvenile Court Judge, with the new career and family, Amy will be more challenged than she ever dreamed. Amy’s first case involves a child abandoned by a drug addicted mother. Amy quickly finds the politics and shortcomings of the juvenile justice system a bit overwhelming.
Judging Amy will replace Highway to Heaven, which seems to be off the schedule now and an episode of Dr. Quinn, but that will remain in its 7pm & 8pm timeslots.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, January 17
The Middle - "Pitch Imperfect" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Axl begins to panic when he realizes that he only has four months of college left before he graduates, and he hasn’t sent out any job resumes – something he should have started when he was a junior. Meanwhile, Brad agrees to lead Sue’s no-cut a cappella group as they enter a music competition, and Brick desperately asks for Frankie and Mike’s advice when girlfriend Cindy tells him that he reads too much, and if he doesn’t stop, she’ll break up with him.
American Housewife - "Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Oliver tells his parents that he’s so embarrassed by their modest house that he’d rather not have a birthday party at all. Katie decides to teach him a lesson by ambushing him with a surprise party at home with all his wealthy friends.
Fresh Off the Boat - "The Best of Orlando" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Louis is named “Small Businessman of the Year,” Jessica is overflowing with pride and invites everyone they know to join them at the awards ceremony. But when Louis forgets to thank Jessica during his acceptance speech, he suffers the repercussions at home. Meanwhile, Eddie, Emery and Grandma start their own clothing line and quickly discover the challenges of running their own small business.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Acceptance" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After Kenny and Brett officially become a couple, Kenny starts to think of plan on how he should break the news to his parents. Meanwhile, Jimmy surprises everyone when he scores a high SAT score, forcing Eileen to hold up her end of a deal that she had previously made and takes Jimmy car shopping.
New Girl - "Cece's Boys" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jess tries to find a new vice principal, she discovers that she has a real problem when it comes to making decisions. Meanwhile, Cece enlists Jess and Reagan to help her recruit new models, and the guys are in for a surprise when they enjoy a day at the spa.
The Mick - "The Fire" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Mickey tries to quit smoking. Meanwhile, Ben meets a new friend.
Teachers - "First Day Back" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
As the teachers return from summer break, Ms. Watson tries an ultra premium online dating service and Ms. Snap learns that she’s been given the worst group of kids in school. Mrs. Adler is assigned to a mobile classroom.
Tuesday, January 17
- Katy Mixon (American Housewife/Mike & Molly) - Catch Katy on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Billy Eichner (Difficult People) - Billy is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Patrick Warburton (Crowded/Rules of Engagement/Less Than Perfect) - Patrick stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York.
- Anders Holm (Workaholics) - Anders is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Rory Scovel (Ground Floor) - Rory appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/Life with Louie/The Louie Show) - Louie drops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Neil joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/Sparks) - Kym visits Cleveland on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.