Monday, July 18, 2011
TeenNick Starts '90s Block, Adds Everybody Hates Chris, Malcolm in the Middle; GMC Acquires Judging Amy
In March, we mentioned TeenNick will bring back classic '90s series and will air a new late night 12-4am block starting this Fall called "The '90s Are All That." Well now it will be starting earlier! In fact, it will start NEXT week (Monday, July 25)! The block will kick-off at midnight every weeknight with All That, followed by Kenan & Kel at 12:30am, Clarissa Explains It All at 1:00am and the TeenNick premiere of the animated series Doug at 1:30am! The block will immediately encore from 2-4am in the same order. This means recently added series Freaks & Geeks, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Undeclared will be moving to weekends only in the late nights. Freaks will air Saturday nights from 2-4am followed by Buffy from 4am-6am. Undeclared will air 4-5am on Sunday nights.
This is just the beginning for The '90s Are All That on TeenNick...stay with us for further changes and we hope they bring in some classic non-Nick '90s series as well like Family Matters and Step by Step. Stay tuned!
In a quiet move, GMC has acquired the rights to the drama Judging Amy. The Amy Brenneman drama premiered yesterday with a launch marathon from 1pm to 11pm, but the series will regularly air weekdays at 2:00pm & 3:00pm starting today after The Waltons. It will also air in primetime on Tuesday nights, its former night on CBS, at 9pm & 10pm. The series aired from 1999-2005 on CBS and also starred Tyne Daly. Tyne's brother Tim currently stars with Amy on ABC's Private Practice.
Amy Gray, an attorney, has found herself a single mother after a recent divorce. With Amy’s young daughter Lauren in tow she moves back to Hartford, Connecticut with her very opinionated mother, a retired social worker. Amy moves back in to her mother’s home where the family issues are plentiful. Amy is selected to become a Juvenile Court Judge, with the new career and family, Amy will be more challenged than she ever dreamed. Amy’s first case involves a child abandoned by a drug addicted mother. Amy quickly finds the politics and shortcomings of the juvenile justice system a bit overwhelming.
Judging Amy will replace Highway to Heaven, which seems to be off the schedule now and an episode of Dr. Quinn, but that will remain in its 7pm & 8pm timeslots.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, September 1
The Big Bang Theory - "The Mommy Observation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Sheldon visits his Mom in Houston, he is forced to confront a new reality. Meanwhile, Raj’s “Murder Mystery” party starts some fights within the gang.
Mike & Molly - "Mike & Molly's Excellent Adventure" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Molly is determined to get Mike out of his routine and tells him to embrace doing anything they want in life.
Two and a Half Men - "Baseball. Boobs. Boobs. Baseball" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Alan lets Lyndsey’s boyfriend Larry set him up on a date. Meanwhile, Walden offers to help Nicole with her software project so she’ll have time to date him. Marion Ross makes a special appearance. Jeff Probst returns for a second special appearance.
Partners - "Doug Day Afternoon" (FX, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Marcus hires a former client and recently paroled ex-convict to work in the office, Allen suspects the once-criminal to have ulterior motives.
Partners - "How to Get a Head in Advertising" (FX, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Allen and Marcus decide to make a commercial for their practice, Allen's inflated ego takes the helm and creates a disaster.
Anger Management - "Charlie and the Temper of Doom" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Charlie struggles to control his anger after meeting a hot girl who doesn't date angry guys.
Anger Management - "Charlie Gets Trashed" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Charlie goes to war with his garbage man.
Monday, September 1
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Watch Jennifer on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. There's a Friends reunion with Courteney Cox and Lisa Kudrow.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (3rd Rock from the Sun) - Joseph is a guest on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Derek Waters (Married to the Kellys) - Derek appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Judy Greer (Mad Love/Arrested Development/Miss Guided) - Tune in to see Judy on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/Sparks) - Kym is a guest on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (Community) - Yvette guest co-hosts a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond - Patricia sells a treasure from The Middle on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Debi Mazar (Entourage/Working) - Debi and her husband, Gabriele Corcos, share their passion for Tuscan food and each other on a repeat of Katie, so check your local listings.
- Jane Leeves (Hot in Cleveland/Frasier/Throb) - Jane appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.