Sunday, July 31, 2011
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for Summer Week 8, week of July 18-24)
- American Dad! (Fox) 2 airings - A repeat at 7pm did 1.78 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, which was on par with the previous week. A repeat at 9:30pm did 3.25 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating, which is good for summer but down some from previous week.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat at 8pm did 3.68 million and a 1.8 18-49 rating, up from previous week and a good showing.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - A repeat at 7:30pm did 2.0 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, up some week-to-week and the best showing in a while.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat at 9pm did 3.55 million and a 1.8 18-49 rating, on par with previous week.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - A repeat at 8:30pm did 3.05 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating, which was up some week-to-week, but it could have been better given the lead-in was up.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 3.88 million and a 11. 18-49 rating for a repeat at 8pm was down some from the previous week.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 5.15 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating for a repeat at 9pm is down week-to-week, as it didn't air in the East and Central until 9:25pm ET due to President Obama's address.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) 2 airings - 5.01 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating for a repeat in its normal 9:30pm slot was down some from previous week as it didn't air until 9:56pm ET in the east and central. But an 8:30pm repeat earlier did 4.26 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, which was just about the same as the previous week.
- Raising Hope (Fox) - preempted.
- The Middle (ABC) - The normal 8pm airing did 3.85 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, down some from previous week and below normal.
- Modern Family (ABC) 2 airings - A repeat at 9pm did 4.41 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating, on par really with the previous week. A repeat at 8:30pm also probably helped doing 3.97 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating, also on par really with the previous week.
- Happy Endings (ABC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.8 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, on par with previous week once again like it has been doing the past few weeks. Hopefully that translates to new viewers this fall, as this show deserves it.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat did 7.15 million and a 1.9 18-49 rating, which was up a good numbers from the previous week and the best of week 9 thus far for sitcoms.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy followed at 8:30pm with 5.69 million and 1.6 18-49 rating, which was also up from previous week.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did 2.02 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, on par with the previous week.
- Parks & Recreation (NBC) - A repeat in its 8:30pm slot did only 1.98 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, again on par really with the previous week.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9pm did 2.38 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, best of the low rated block and on par with the previous week.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.04 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, also on par with the previous week.
- Family Guy (Fox) - ratings not available at publishing time.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - ratings not available at publishing time.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Rules of Engagement, and the 9pm Modern Family were impressive for the week, along with week 8's The Simpsons & Family Guy. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of Two and a Half Men, Mike & Molly) or just plain old terrible (such as the very low NBC Thursday repeats especially, Community). Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on cable all this summer, with the great Hot in Cleveland on Wednesdays at 10pm, followed by week eight of the decent and getting funnier Happily Divorced starring Fran Drescher this Wednesday at 10:30pm only on TV Land. Also catch the new Comedy Wednesday on ABC Family this Wednesday with a special all-new full-hour of Melissa & Joey at 8pm followed by week six of new comedy State of Georgia starring Raven Symone but this week we get FOUR ALL-NEW episodes from 9-11pm! Loretta Devine is very sassy in this series and makes Mrs. Roper look tame! Also of course House of Payne and Meet the Browns are on TBS Wednesdays. New sitcom airings is the perfect way to beat the summer repeat blues! Watch them!
[Source: Nielsen NTI Ratings. View Travis Yanan's Ratings Website].
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, January 24
The Middle - "A Tough Pill to Swallow" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When a devastated Sue discovers that she has been kicked out of college because she forgot to renew her financial aid, Mike tries to come to her rescue and convince a tough college bursar to reinstate her. Meanwhile, having only taken oral liquid medication all of his life, a frustrated Frankie does everything in her power to teach Brick how to swallow a pill when he gets an ear infection; and Hutch becomes angry with Axl after he keeps driving the Winnebago without permission to Orson to visit new girlfriend April – leaving Hutch without any means of transportation to get to class.
American Housewife - "Art Show" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Anna-Kat draws a super plus-sized portrait of Katie for the school art show, Katie sets out to retrieve it by any means necessary. Meanwhile, with Katie away, Doris is left in charge of Oliver and Taylor. She’s determined to whip them into shape with her Tiger Mom skills, but she may have met her match.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Coming From America" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Louis flies the entire family to Taiwan in an effort to make things right with Gene (Ken Jeong). Upon meeting Gene’s beautiful fiancé, Margaret, and seeing the wonderful life he has built for himself, Louis questions whether his life in Orlando is just as great as it could be in Taiwan. Meanwhile, Jessica takes Eddie, Emery and Evan to her favorite childhood locales, including Dihua Street and Shilin Night Market.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Match" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Jimmy recruits a reluctant Kenny to join his wrestling team for a one-time match, a surprise victory gives him the confidence to join the team full time to become the first, openly gay athlete at St. Barklays. Kenny’s newfound stardom makes Jimmy feel a bit replaced, but when an opponent refuses to wrestle his brother, Jimmy puts his feelings aside and rallies the team around Kenny. Meanwhile, Pat injures his back trying to help Eileen prepare for a weekend getaway, but things only get worse when she tries to be the perfect caregiver to impress VP Murray but fails miserably.
New Girl - "The Hike" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
While on a day hike, Jess and Robby (guest star Nelson Franklin) discover something unexpected about their relationship. Also, Winston throws a surprise welcome home party for Aly (guest star Nasim Pedrad). Meanwhile, Schmidt and Cece fail to impress their new neighbors.
The Mick - "The Master" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
All hell breaks loose, as the kids fight over who will take the master bedroom. Also, Mickey pursues a wealthy businessman who quickly discovers that she is not the prize he thought she was.
Teachers - "Stranger Danger" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
There’s a trespasser at Fillmore and a new security guard is hired. Ms. Snap and Ms. Bennigan hold a “Women Empowering Women” workshop, Mrs. Adler takes stranger danger too far, and Ms. Watson purchases a male safety dummy.
Tuesday, January 24
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Catch Retta on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Claudia O'Doherty (Love) - Claudia is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) - John talks about Patriots Day on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette visits Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jennifer Esposito (Samantha Who?/Spin City) - Jennifer appears on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina talks about the new Netflix series One Day at a Time on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.