Sunday, July 31, 2011
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for Summer Week 8, week of July 18-24)
- American Dad! (Fox) 2 airings - A repeat at 7pm did 1.78 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, which was on par with the previous week. A repeat at 9:30pm did 3.25 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating, which is good for summer but down some from previous week.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat at 8pm did 3.68 million and a 1.8 18-49 rating, up from previous week and a good showing.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - A repeat at 7:30pm did 2.0 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, up some week-to-week and the best showing in a while.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat at 9pm did 3.55 million and a 1.8 18-49 rating, on par with previous week.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - A repeat at 8:30pm did 3.05 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating, which was up some week-to-week, but it could have been better given the lead-in was up.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 3.88 million and a 11. 18-49 rating for a repeat at 8pm was down some from the previous week.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 5.15 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating for a repeat at 9pm is down week-to-week, as it didn't air in the East and Central until 9:25pm ET due to President Obama's address.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) 2 airings - 5.01 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating for a repeat in its normal 9:30pm slot was down some from previous week as it didn't air until 9:56pm ET in the east and central. But an 8:30pm repeat earlier did 4.26 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, which was just about the same as the previous week.
- Raising Hope (Fox) - preempted.
- The Middle (ABC) - The normal 8pm airing did 3.85 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, down some from previous week and below normal.
- Modern Family (ABC) 2 airings - A repeat at 9pm did 4.41 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating, on par really with the previous week. A repeat at 8:30pm also probably helped doing 3.97 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating, also on par really with the previous week.
- Happy Endings (ABC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.8 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, on par with previous week once again like it has been doing the past few weeks. Hopefully that translates to new viewers this fall, as this show deserves it.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat did 7.15 million and a 1.9 18-49 rating, which was up a good numbers from the previous week and the best of week 9 thus far for sitcoms.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy followed at 8:30pm with 5.69 million and 1.6 18-49 rating, which was also up from previous week.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did 2.02 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, on par with the previous week.
- Parks & Recreation (NBC) - A repeat in its 8:30pm slot did only 1.98 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, again on par really with the previous week.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9pm did 2.38 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, best of the low rated block and on par with the previous week.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.04 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, also on par with the previous week.
- Family Guy (Fox) - ratings not available at publishing time.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - ratings not available at publishing time.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Rules of Engagement, and the 9pm Modern Family were impressive for the week, along with week 8's The Simpsons & Family Guy. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of Two and a Half Men, Mike & Molly) or just plain old terrible (such as the very low NBC Thursday repeats especially, Community). Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on cable all this summer, with the great Hot in Cleveland on Wednesdays at 10pm, followed by week eight of the decent and getting funnier Happily Divorced starring Fran Drescher this Wednesday at 10:30pm only on TV Land. Also catch the new Comedy Wednesday on ABC Family this Wednesday with a special all-new full-hour of Melissa & Joey at 8pm followed by week six of new comedy State of Georgia starring Raven Symone but this week we get FOUR ALL-NEW episodes from 9-11pm! Loretta Devine is very sassy in this series and makes Mrs. Roper look tame! Also of course House of Payne and Meet the Browns are on TBS Wednesdays. New sitcom airings is the perfect way to beat the summer repeat blues! Watch them!
[Source: Nielsen NTI Ratings. View Travis Yanan's Ratings Website].
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Dependence Transcedence" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Tensions rise when the boys struggle to complete their government project on time and Sheldon tries an energy drink to stay awake. Also, Penny and Amy go to a “party” at Bert (Brian Posehn) the geologist’s house, and Kooothrappali learns Bernadette’s true feelings about her pregnancy when they clean out the future baby room. Dean Norris returns as Air Force Representative Colonel Williams.
Man with a Plan - "Assisted Living" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam's parents visit unannounced, they reveal surprising plans for their future living arrangements. Emmy Award winner Swoosie Kurtz and Stacy Keach guest star as Bev and Joe, Adam and Don’s parents.
Superior Donuts - "Takin' It to the Streets" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Franco and Sweatpants discover their new landlord, Fawz, wants to convert their apartment building into luxury condos, they decide to organize a protest. Also, Randy realizes she needs to be nicer to James in order to get a good recommendation for her sergeant’s exam.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Dad Day Afternoon" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Han’s new therapist suggests that Max needs to confront her “daddy issues” and fear of intimacy, she reluctantly heads to Rhode Island to track down her birth father with the diner gang in tow. Also, Oleg is up in arms when Sophie wants him to help out around the house.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.