Sunday, July 17, 2011
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of July 4-10)
- American Dad! (Fox) 2 airings - A repeat at 7pm did 1.85 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, which was up some from the holiday weekend the previous week. A repeat at 9:30pm did 3.21 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating, which is decent for summer in 18-49.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat at 8pm did 3.54 million and a 1.7 18-49 rating, the best it has done in a while in 18-49.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - A repeat at 7:30pm did 1.76 million and 0.9 18-49 rating, holding a good number from the lead-in but it is the loser of the block because it cannot build from the 7pm lead-in, as nearly always the 7:30pm half-hour builds.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat at 9pm did 3.7 million and a 1.8 18-49 rating, the best of the block again.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - A repeat at 8:30pm did 3.16 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating, which is decent.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 3.9 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating for a repeat at 8pm was up from the previous week when it was the 4th of July. Normal summer repeat ratings otherwise.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 5.72 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating for a repeat at 9pm is back to normal after the 4th of July lows.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) 2 airings - 5.41 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating for a repeat in its normal 9:30pm slot, up some obviously from previous week when it was the 4th of July. An 8:30pm repeat earlier did 4.37 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating, holding on to 100% of its lead-in's ratings.
- Raising Hope (Fox) - preempted.
- The Middle (ABC) - The normal 8pm airing was preempted for Charlie Brown. But the 8:30pm repeat aired and did 3.24 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, down some from previous week and below normal.
- Modern Family (ABC) - A repeat at 9pm did a below normal 3.53 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating, but on par with previous week.
- Happy Endings (ABC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.74 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, on par with previous week for one of the series' best episodes.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat did 6.36 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating, which was down from previous week but still the best of week 7 thus far for sitcoms.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy followed at 8:30pm with 4.9 million and 1.2 18-49 rating, which was also down from previous week.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did 2.19 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, but it was actually up some from previous week.
- Parks & Recreation (NBC) - A repeat in its 8:30pm slot did only 1.95 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, down some from the previous week.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9pm did 2.58 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, best of the low rated block and once again on par with previous week.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.4 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, but up from previous week'.
Tonight you can catch encores of Fox's animated comedies from 7-10pm.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, and last Sunday's The Simpsons & Family Guy were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of Modern Family, Rules of Engagement) or just plain old terrible (such as the very low NBC Thursday repeats especially, Parks & Recreation). Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on cable all this summer, with the great Hot in Cleveland on Wednesdays at 10pm, with Doris Roberts guest starring this week, followed by week six (already?) of the decent and getting funnier Happily Divorced starring Fran Drescher this Wednesday at 10:30pm only on TV Land. Also catch the new Comedy Wednesday on ABC Family with the funny Melissa & Joey at 8pm (which has a great new longer opening theme) followed by week four of new comedy State of Georgia starring Raven Symone at 8:30pm! Loretta Devine is very sassy in this series and makes Mrs. Roper look tame! Also of course House of Payne and Meet the Browns are on TBS Wednesdays. New sitcom airings is the perfect way to beat the summer repeat blues! Watch them!
[Source: Nielsen NTI Ratings. View Travis Yanan's Ratings Website].
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, January 17
The Middle - "Pitch Imperfect" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Axl begins to panic when he realizes that he only has four months of college left before he graduates, and he hasn’t sent out any job resumes – something he should have started when he was a junior. Meanwhile, Brad agrees to lead Sue’s no-cut a cappella group as they enter a music competition, and Brick desperately asks for Frankie and Mike’s advice when girlfriend Cindy tells him that he reads too much, and if he doesn’t stop, she’ll break up with him.
American Housewife - "Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Oliver tells his parents that he’s so embarrassed by their modest house that he’d rather not have a birthday party at all. Katie decides to teach him a lesson by ambushing him with a surprise party at home with all his wealthy friends.
Fresh Off the Boat - "The Best of Orlando" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Louis is named “Small Businessman of the Year,” Jessica is overflowing with pride and invites everyone they know to join them at the awards ceremony. But when Louis forgets to thank Jessica during his acceptance speech, he suffers the repercussions at home. Meanwhile, Eddie, Emery and Grandma start their own clothing line and quickly discover the challenges of running their own small business.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Acceptance" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After Kenny and Brett officially become a couple, Kenny starts to think of plan on how he should break the news to his parents. Meanwhile, Jimmy surprises everyone when he scores a high SAT score, forcing Eileen to hold up her end of a deal that she had previously made and takes Jimmy car shopping.
New Girl - "Cece's Boys" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jess tries to find a new vice principal, she discovers that she has a real problem when it comes to making decisions. Meanwhile, Cece enlists Jess and Reagan to help her recruit new models, and the guys are in for a surprise when they enjoy a day at the spa.
The Mick - "The Fire" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Mickey tries to quit smoking. Meanwhile, Ben meets a new friend.
Teachers - "First Day Back" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
As the teachers return from summer break, Ms. Watson tries an ultra premium online dating service and Ms. Snap learns that she’s been given the worst group of kids in school. Mrs. Adler is assigned to a mobile classroom.
Tuesday, January 17
- Katy Mixon (American Housewife/Mike & Molly) - Catch Katy on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Billy Eichner (Difficult People) - Billy is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Patrick Warburton (Crowded/Rules of Engagement/Less Than Perfect) - Patrick stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York.
- Anders Holm (Workaholics) - Anders is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Rory Scovel (Ground Floor) - Rory appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/Life with Louie/The Louie Show) - Louie drops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Neil joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/Sparks) - Kym visits Cleveland on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.