Sunday, July 17, 2011
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of July 4-10)
- American Dad! (Fox) 2 airings - A repeat at 7pm did 1.85 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, which was up some from the holiday weekend the previous week. A repeat at 9:30pm did 3.21 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating, which is decent for summer in 18-49.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat at 8pm did 3.54 million and a 1.7 18-49 rating, the best it has done in a while in 18-49.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - A repeat at 7:30pm did 1.76 million and 0.9 18-49 rating, holding a good number from the lead-in but it is the loser of the block because it cannot build from the 7pm lead-in, as nearly always the 7:30pm half-hour builds.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat at 9pm did 3.7 million and a 1.8 18-49 rating, the best of the block again.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - A repeat at 8:30pm did 3.16 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating, which is decent.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 3.9 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating for a repeat at 8pm was up from the previous week when it was the 4th of July. Normal summer repeat ratings otherwise.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 5.72 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating for a repeat at 9pm is back to normal after the 4th of July lows.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) 2 airings - 5.41 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating for a repeat in its normal 9:30pm slot, up some obviously from previous week when it was the 4th of July. An 8:30pm repeat earlier did 4.37 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating, holding on to 100% of its lead-in's ratings.
- Raising Hope (Fox) - preempted.
- The Middle (ABC) - The normal 8pm airing was preempted for Charlie Brown. But the 8:30pm repeat aired and did 3.24 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, down some from previous week and below normal.
- Modern Family (ABC) - A repeat at 9pm did a below normal 3.53 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating, but on par with previous week.
- Happy Endings (ABC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.74 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, on par with previous week for one of the series' best episodes.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat did 6.36 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating, which was down from previous week but still the best of week 7 thus far for sitcoms.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy followed at 8:30pm with 4.9 million and 1.2 18-49 rating, which was also down from previous week.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did 2.19 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, but it was actually up some from previous week.
- Parks & Recreation (NBC) - A repeat in its 8:30pm slot did only 1.95 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, down some from the previous week.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9pm did 2.58 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, best of the low rated block and once again on par with previous week.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.4 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, but up from previous week'.
Tonight you can catch encores of Fox's animated comedies from 7-10pm.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, and last Sunday's The Simpsons & Family Guy were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of Modern Family, Rules of Engagement) or just plain old terrible (such as the very low NBC Thursday repeats especially, Parks & Recreation). Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on cable all this summer, with the great Hot in Cleveland on Wednesdays at 10pm, with Doris Roberts guest starring this week, followed by week six (already?) of the decent and getting funnier Happily Divorced starring Fran Drescher this Wednesday at 10:30pm only on TV Land. Also catch the new Comedy Wednesday on ABC Family with the funny Melissa & Joey at 8pm (which has a great new longer opening theme) followed by week four of new comedy State of Georgia starring Raven Symone at 8:30pm! Loretta Devine is very sassy in this series and makes Mrs. Roper look tame! Also of course House of Payne and Meet the Browns are on TBS Wednesdays. New sitcom airings is the perfect way to beat the summer repeat blues! Watch them!
[Source: Nielsen NTI Ratings. View Travis Yanan's Ratings Website].
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.