Sunday, July 10, 2011
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of June 27-July 3)
- American Dad! (Fox) - Final ratings for this night aren't available due to the holiday weekend. A repeat at 7pm did a prelim 1.48 million and a prelim 0.6 18-49 rating, which was very poor and but basically on par with previous week.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat at 8pm did a prelim 2.39 million and a prelim 1.1 18-49 rating, down some from previous week. Pretty low, but it was 4th of July weekend.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - A repeat at 7:30pm did just a prelim 1.61 million and a prelim 0.6 18-49 rating, on par really from previous week but still the loser of the block again because it cannot build from the 7pm lead-in.
- Family Guy (Fox) 2 airings - A repeat at 9pm did a prelim 2.53 million and a prelim 1.2 18-49 rating, the best of the block again but down from previous week. A second repeat aired at 9:30pm and did a prelim 2.61 million and a prelim 1.2 18-49 rating, basically the same as the first repeat.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - A repeat at 8:30pm did a prelim 2.13 million and a prelim 1.0 18-49 rating, down from previous week.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) 2 airings - 2.91 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating for a repeat in its normal slot on 4th of July was on obviously lower than the previous week. A repeat at 8:30pm did 3.1 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, down week-to-week.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 4.26 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating for a repeat is down from previous week, due to the 4th of July.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - 4.39 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating for a repeat, down from previous week like the previous 3 half-hours.Weird seeing a 1.1 being the highest of this block, even in repeats on 4th of July.
- Raising Hope (Fox) - preempted.
- The Middle (ABC) 2 airings - A repeat at 8pm did 4.16 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, up some from previous week. The 8:30pm repeat did a similar 3.86 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, on par with previous week.
- Modern Family (ABC) - A repeat at 9pm did a below normal 3.87 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating, down from previous week.
- Happy Endings (ABC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.44 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, down a tad week-to-week, but not bad considering the lead-in was lower than normal.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat did 6.79 million and a 1.9 18-49 rating, which was up from previous week.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy followed at 8:30pm with 5.16 million and 1.4 18-49 rating, which is its best showing in weeks.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did 2.03 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, which is not good at all but on par with previous week.
- Parks & Recreation (NBC) - A repeat in its new 8:30pm slot did only 2.13 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, but up a lick from 30 Rock the previous week.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9pm did 2.37 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, best of the low rated block and on par with previous week.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - A repeat in its new 9:30pm slot didn't do well, doing 1.96 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, lower than Parks & Recreation the previous week and basically all summer.
Tonight you can catch encores of Fox's animated comedies from 7-10pm.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Rules of Engagement, and that's about it, were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of Modern Family, The Middle) or just plain old terrible (such as the very low NBC Thursday repeats especially, 30 Rock). Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on cable this summer, with the great Hot in Cleveland on Wednesdays at 10pm followed by week five of the decent and getting funnier Happily Divorced starring Fran Drescher this Wednesday at 10:30pm only on TV Land. Also catch the new Comedy Wednesday on ABC Family with the funny Melissa & Joey at 8pm followed by week three of new comedy State of Georgia starring Raven Symone at 8:30pm! Loretta Devine is very sassy in this series! Also of course House of Payne and Meet the Browns are on TBS Wednesdays. New sitcom airings is the perfect way to beat the summer repeat blues! Watch them!
[Source: Nielsen NTI Ratings. View Travis Yanan's Ratings Website].
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)
10/06 - Bewitched - The Complete Collection
10/06 - Grace Under Fire - The Complete Collection
10/06 - Happyish - Season One
10/06 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/06 - Party Down - The Complete Series
10/06 - South Park - The Complete Eighteenth Season (Blu-ray)
10/20 - C.P.O. Sharkey - Mr. Warmth: The Ultimate Don Rickles TV Collection
10/20 - The Facts of Life - Season Seven
10/20- King of the Hill - The Complete 13th Season (Blu-ray)
10/20 - My Favorite Martian - The Complete Series
10/20 - Nurse Jackie - Season Seven ((Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, October 6
The Muppets - "Bear Left Then Bear Write" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Fozzie takes things a little too far when Kermit offers him advice and Nick Offerman steps in to help the gang. Meanwhile, Christina Applegate guests on “Up Late,” and brings Miss Piggy a sweet surprise that doesn’t go over well and Pepe, Rizzo and Liam Hemsworth try to help Gonzo out with his online dating situation.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Shaquille O'Neal Motors" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
It’s Louis and Jessica’s wedding anniversary and Louis plans a romantic evening out – to the car dealership. Meanwhile, Evan and his “friends” help Eddie buy The Hot Dogger, a hot dog-shaped water slide.
Grandfathered - "Dad Face" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
While Jimmy struggles to adjust to his newfound family, Gerald surprises him with plans for the family’s first trip to the beach, which excites everyone – except Jimmy. When he decides to bail on the outing in favor of a glamorous pool party nearby, he drags Gerald along, leaving Vanessa and Sara with a chance to get to know one another, for better or for worse.
The Grinder - "A Hero Has Fallen" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the exciting and victorious Krantz case, Sanderson & Yao gets flooded with cases. Dean, in his usual fashion, wants them to pick the next big case. Stewart disagrees, but he realizes that telling Dean he can’t do something only will make him want to do it more. Soo Stewart decides to encourage Dean and the plan backfires. Meanwhile, Dean inspires Debbie to go for a promotion at work using a “big dog” approach, which puts her job in jeopardy.
Tuesday, October 6
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Watch Eric on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Paul Reiser (Mad About You/The Paul Reiser Show) - Paul drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Chris Parnell (Suburgatory/30 Rock) - Chris visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Abigail Breslin (Scream Queens) - Abigail appears on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am, on The Meredith Vieira Show (check your local listings) and on People.com Chatter.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM Hits 1 at 9:50am.
- Jason Rogel (Kevin from Work) - Jason stops by Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Christina Milian (Grandfathered) - Christina talks about Grandfathered on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Kel Mitchell (Game Shakers/Kenan & Kel) - Kel shares details of his new sitcom on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.