Sunday, July 10, 2011
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of June 27-July 3)
- American Dad! (Fox) - Final ratings for this night aren't available due to the holiday weekend. A repeat at 7pm did a prelim 1.48 million and a prelim 0.6 18-49 rating, which was very poor and but basically on par with previous week.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat at 8pm did a prelim 2.39 million and a prelim 1.1 18-49 rating, down some from previous week. Pretty low, but it was 4th of July weekend.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - A repeat at 7:30pm did just a prelim 1.61 million and a prelim 0.6 18-49 rating, on par really from previous week but still the loser of the block again because it cannot build from the 7pm lead-in.
- Family Guy (Fox) 2 airings - A repeat at 9pm did a prelim 2.53 million and a prelim 1.2 18-49 rating, the best of the block again but down from previous week. A second repeat aired at 9:30pm and did a prelim 2.61 million and a prelim 1.2 18-49 rating, basically the same as the first repeat.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - A repeat at 8:30pm did a prelim 2.13 million and a prelim 1.0 18-49 rating, down from previous week.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) 2 airings - 2.91 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating for a repeat in its normal slot on 4th of July was on obviously lower than the previous week. A repeat at 8:30pm did 3.1 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, down week-to-week.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 4.26 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating for a repeat is down from previous week, due to the 4th of July.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - 4.39 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating for a repeat, down from previous week like the previous 3 half-hours.Weird seeing a 1.1 being the highest of this block, even in repeats on 4th of July.
- Raising Hope (Fox) - preempted.
- The Middle (ABC) 2 airings - A repeat at 8pm did 4.16 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, up some from previous week. The 8:30pm repeat did a similar 3.86 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, on par with previous week.
- Modern Family (ABC) - A repeat at 9pm did a below normal 3.87 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating, down from previous week.
- Happy Endings (ABC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.44 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, down a tad week-to-week, but not bad considering the lead-in was lower than normal.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat did 6.79 million and a 1.9 18-49 rating, which was up from previous week.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy followed at 8:30pm with 5.16 million and 1.4 18-49 rating, which is its best showing in weeks.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did 2.03 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, which is not good at all but on par with previous week.
- Parks & Recreation (NBC) - A repeat in its new 8:30pm slot did only 2.13 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, but up a lick from 30 Rock the previous week.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9pm did 2.37 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, best of the low rated block and on par with previous week.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - A repeat in its new 9:30pm slot didn't do well, doing 1.96 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, lower than Parks & Recreation the previous week and basically all summer.
Tonight you can catch encores of Fox's animated comedies from 7-10pm.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Rules of Engagement, and that's about it, were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of Modern Family, The Middle) or just plain old terrible (such as the very low NBC Thursday repeats especially, 30 Rock). Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on cable this summer, with the great Hot in Cleveland on Wednesdays at 10pm followed by week five of the decent and getting funnier Happily Divorced starring Fran Drescher this Wednesday at 10:30pm only on TV Land. Also catch the new Comedy Wednesday on ABC Family with the funny Melissa & Joey at 8pm followed by week three of new comedy State of Georgia starring Raven Symone at 8:30pm! Loretta Devine is very sassy in this series! Also of course House of Payne and Meet the Browns are on TBS Wednesdays. New sitcom airings is the perfect way to beat the summer repeat blues! Watch them!
[Source: Nielsen NTI Ratings. View Travis Yanan's Ratings Website].
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/03 - The Bob Newhart Show - Season Five
02/03 - The Bob Newhart Show - The Final (Sixth) Season
02/03 - Maude - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek) / The Complete Series Available 3/17 (Shout! Factory)
02/03 - The Wonder Years - Season Two
02/10 - Mama's Family - The Complete Sixth Season
02/10 - Nurse Jackie - Season Six (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, February 28
Henry Danger - "Caved In" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Henry, Charlotte, and Ray's plans for a day of fun are derailed when Jasper accidentally triggers the emergency lockdown mode for Junk-N-Stuff and the Man Cave, trapping everyone inside.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Piggy, Piggy, Piggy & Dawn" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Dawn wants to change up the Quads' puppet routine for the talent show and finally win first place, but gets frustrated after always being outvoted by her brothers.
Bella and the Bulldogs - "That's My Tri-Five!" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bella encourages Sophie and Pepper to recruit a new girl to fill the void she left behind on the cheerleading squad. Bella begins to question her friendship with the girls when the girls succeed in replacing her all too well.
Saturday, February 28
- John Travolta (Welcome Back, Kotter) - Watch John on a primetime encore of the Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Oscars special on ABC at 8pm. Special appearances include Neil Patrick Harris, Mila Kunis, Jennifer Aniston, John Krasinski, J.K. Simmons and Kevin Hart.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Watch Steve on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Aziz drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew guest co-hosts The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Joshua Molina (Sports Night) - Joshua appears on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cathy Ladman (Caroline in the City) - Cathy visits The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kelly Ripa (Hope & Faith) - Kelly stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Juliette Lewis (I Married Dora) - Juliette talks about ABC's Secrets & Lies on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Lisa Kudrow (The Comeback/Friends) - Lisa chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Larry talks about Fish in the Dark on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) - Alan appears on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour.
- Sean Giambrone (The Goldbergs) - Sean talks about his hit comedy series on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Mo'Nique (The Parkers) - Mo'Nique will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.