Sunday, July 10, 2011
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of June 27-July 3)
- American Dad! (Fox) - Final ratings for this night aren't available due to the holiday weekend. A repeat at 7pm did a prelim 1.48 million and a prelim 0.6 18-49 rating, which was very poor and but basically on par with previous week.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat at 8pm did a prelim 2.39 million and a prelim 1.1 18-49 rating, down some from previous week. Pretty low, but it was 4th of July weekend.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - A repeat at 7:30pm did just a prelim 1.61 million and a prelim 0.6 18-49 rating, on par really from previous week but still the loser of the block again because it cannot build from the 7pm lead-in.
- Family Guy (Fox) 2 airings - A repeat at 9pm did a prelim 2.53 million and a prelim 1.2 18-49 rating, the best of the block again but down from previous week. A second repeat aired at 9:30pm and did a prelim 2.61 million and a prelim 1.2 18-49 rating, basically the same as the first repeat.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - A repeat at 8:30pm did a prelim 2.13 million and a prelim 1.0 18-49 rating, down from previous week.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) 2 airings - 2.91 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating for a repeat in its normal slot on 4th of July was on obviously lower than the previous week. A repeat at 8:30pm did 3.1 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, down week-to-week.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 4.26 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating for a repeat is down from previous week, due to the 4th of July.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - 4.39 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating for a repeat, down from previous week like the previous 3 half-hours.Weird seeing a 1.1 being the highest of this block, even in repeats on 4th of July.
- Raising Hope (Fox) - preempted.
- The Middle (ABC) 2 airings - A repeat at 8pm did 4.16 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, up some from previous week. The 8:30pm repeat did a similar 3.86 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, on par with previous week.
- Modern Family (ABC) - A repeat at 9pm did a below normal 3.87 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating, down from previous week.
- Happy Endings (ABC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.44 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, down a tad week-to-week, but not bad considering the lead-in was lower than normal.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat did 6.79 million and a 1.9 18-49 rating, which was up from previous week.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy followed at 8:30pm with 5.16 million and 1.4 18-49 rating, which is its best showing in weeks.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did 2.03 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, which is not good at all but on par with previous week.
- Parks & Recreation (NBC) - A repeat in its new 8:30pm slot did only 2.13 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, but up a lick from 30 Rock the previous week.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9pm did 2.37 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, best of the low rated block and on par with previous week.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - A repeat in its new 9:30pm slot didn't do well, doing 1.96 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, lower than Parks & Recreation the previous week and basically all summer.
Tonight you can catch encores of Fox's animated comedies from 7-10pm.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Rules of Engagement, and that's about it, were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of Modern Family, The Middle) or just plain old terrible (such as the very low NBC Thursday repeats especially, 30 Rock). Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on cable this summer, with the great Hot in Cleveland on Wednesdays at 10pm followed by week five of the decent and getting funnier Happily Divorced starring Fran Drescher this Wednesday at 10:30pm only on TV Land. Also catch the new Comedy Wednesday on ABC Family with the funny Melissa & Joey at 8pm followed by week three of new comedy State of Georgia starring Raven Symone at 8:30pm! Loretta Devine is very sassy in this series! Also of course House of Payne and Meet the Browns are on TBS Wednesdays. New sitcom airings is the perfect way to beat the summer repeat blues! Watch them!
[Source: Nielsen NTI Ratings. View Travis Yanan's Ratings Website].
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, September 2
New Girl - "Cruise" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jess and Nick invite the gang along with them on a cruise they booked while still together as a couple. Coach tries to suppress his fear of boating, Schmidt attempts to win back Cece and Winston tries to mend Jess and Nick’s fractured relationship.
The Mindy Project - "Danny and Mindy" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Mindy thinks she’s met the man of her dreams after he writes a description of their encounter in a New York newspaper, leading to a surprising reveal.
Sullivan & Son - "A Kiss Is Just Never a Kiss" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Steve goes all out to impress an exciting new woman, with the help of Melanie. Meanwhile, Hank's doctor prescribes him testosterone, but a mishap leads to a "juiced up" Hank.
Tuesday, September 2
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Catch Allison on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- David Koechner (The Office/Hank) - David stops by @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- George Lopez (Saint George/George Lopez) - George appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Albert Tsai (Trophy Wife) - Albert is a guest on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Seth Green (Dads/Greg the Bunny) - Seth talks about his new film The Identical on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Brooklyn Decker (Friends with Better Lives) - Tune in to see Brooklyn on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP) - Keke is a guest on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.