Sunday, July 10, 2011
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of June 27-July 3)
- American Dad! (Fox) - Final ratings for this night aren't available due to the holiday weekend. A repeat at 7pm did a prelim 1.48 million and a prelim 0.6 18-49 rating, which was very poor and but basically on par with previous week.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat at 8pm did a prelim 2.39 million and a prelim 1.1 18-49 rating, down some from previous week. Pretty low, but it was 4th of July weekend.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - A repeat at 7:30pm did just a prelim 1.61 million and a prelim 0.6 18-49 rating, on par really from previous week but still the loser of the block again because it cannot build from the 7pm lead-in.
- Family Guy (Fox) 2 airings - A repeat at 9pm did a prelim 2.53 million and a prelim 1.2 18-49 rating, the best of the block again but down from previous week. A second repeat aired at 9:30pm and did a prelim 2.61 million and a prelim 1.2 18-49 rating, basically the same as the first repeat.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - A repeat at 8:30pm did a prelim 2.13 million and a prelim 1.0 18-49 rating, down from previous week.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) 2 airings - 2.91 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating for a repeat in its normal slot on 4th of July was on obviously lower than the previous week. A repeat at 8:30pm did 3.1 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, down week-to-week.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 4.26 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating for a repeat is down from previous week, due to the 4th of July.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - 4.39 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating for a repeat, down from previous week like the previous 3 half-hours.Weird seeing a 1.1 being the highest of this block, even in repeats on 4th of July.
- Raising Hope (Fox) - preempted.
- The Middle (ABC) 2 airings - A repeat at 8pm did 4.16 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, up some from previous week. The 8:30pm repeat did a similar 3.86 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, on par with previous week.
- Modern Family (ABC) - A repeat at 9pm did a below normal 3.87 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating, down from previous week.
- Happy Endings (ABC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.44 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, down a tad week-to-week, but not bad considering the lead-in was lower than normal.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat did 6.79 million and a 1.9 18-49 rating, which was up from previous week.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy followed at 8:30pm with 5.16 million and 1.4 18-49 rating, which is its best showing in weeks.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did 2.03 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, which is not good at all but on par with previous week.
- Parks & Recreation (NBC) - A repeat in its new 8:30pm slot did only 2.13 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, but up a lick from 30 Rock the previous week.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9pm did 2.37 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, best of the low rated block and on par with previous week.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - A repeat in its new 9:30pm slot didn't do well, doing 1.96 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, lower than Parks & Recreation the previous week and basically all summer.
Tonight you can catch encores of Fox's animated comedies from 7-10pm.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Rules of Engagement, and that's about it, were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of Modern Family, The Middle) or just plain old terrible (such as the very low NBC Thursday repeats especially, 30 Rock). Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on cable this summer, with the great Hot in Cleveland on Wednesdays at 10pm followed by week five of the decent and getting funnier Happily Divorced starring Fran Drescher this Wednesday at 10:30pm only on TV Land. Also catch the new Comedy Wednesday on ABC Family with the funny Melissa & Joey at 8pm followed by week three of new comedy State of Georgia starring Raven Symone at 8:30pm! Loretta Devine is very sassy in this series! Also of course House of Payne and Meet the Browns are on TBS Wednesdays. New sitcom airings is the perfect way to beat the summer repeat blues! Watch them!
[Source: Nielsen NTI Ratings. View Travis Yanan's Ratings Website].
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, July 29
Family Guy - "Christmas Guy" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Carter Pewterschmidt cancels the annual Quahog Christmas carnival, because he hates the holiday, Peter must transform his father-in-law from a Scrooge into a hometown hero in order to salvage the event. Meanwhile, Stewie devises a master plan to get the one and only thing he wants for Christmas.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "Full Boyle" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Detective Boyle’s new romance has upped his swagger, but Jake intervenes before his colleague goes “Full Boyle” and gets too serious, too soon, with his girlfriend (guest star Marilu Henner). Meanwhile, Rosa and Amy have trouble taking a costumed citizen crime-fighter seriously, and Captain Holt has a new opponent.
New Girl - "Exes" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Nick has an awkward run-in with his ex, Caroline (guest star Mary Elizabeth Ellis), Jessica tries to convince him he can still be friends with her, by introducing him to her former boyfriend, Berkley (guest star Brody). Meanwhile, Coach uses Schmidt’s loft to impress a date, but things turn farcically disastrous when Schmidt arrives home with his own potential bedmate.
The Mindy Project - "Indian BBW" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Mindy (Mindy Kaling) discovers an incriminating video of herself that is floating around the internet, so she enlists the help of Peter (Adam Pally) to keep it from falling into the wrong hands.
Sullivan & Son - "Open Mic Night" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
When Steve wants to have an Open Mic night at the bar to get on the Hot List in The Pittsburgh Reader, Susan discovers she has a new talent...and it involves making fun of Ok Cha. But when Open Mic night goes awry, Steve brings in Carol and Owen (and their inappropriate act) to save the day.
Tuesday, July 29
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Catch Chris on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) - Judy appears on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Molly Shannon (Kath & Kim) - Molly is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Cloris Leachman (Raising Hope/The Facts of Life/The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Cloris appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Leah Remini (The King of Queens/Family Tools) - Tune in to see Leah on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Joel will be on GMA Live! at 9:00am. He will also be a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.