Sunday, June 26, 2011
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of June 13-19)
- American Dad! (Fox) 2 airings - A repeat at 7pm did 1.72 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, which was down from previous week. A second repeat in the later airing of 9:30pm did 3.37 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating, down a bit week-to-week.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat at 8pm did 3.25 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating, up a tad from previous week.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - A repeat at 7:30pm dropped from its lead-in again with just 1.6 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, the loser of the block again.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat at 9pm did 3.82 million and a 1.8 18-49 rating, the best of the block again but down some from previous week.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - A repeat at 8:30pm did 3.19 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating, up some from previous week.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) 2 airings - 4.15 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating for a repeat in its normal slot was down some from previous week. A repeat at 8:30pm did 4.32 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating, improving from the first airing and on par week-to-week.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 6.18 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating for a repeat is considerably lower than its ratings from last summer but up some from previous week.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - 6.02 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating for a repeat, is down some from previous week. Didn't build from the lead-in this time.
- Raising Hope (Fox) 2 airings - A repeat at 9pm did 2.6 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, on par with previous week. A second repeat at 9:30pm did lower with 2.31 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, but still basically on par with previous week.
- The Middle (ABC) 2 airings - A repeat at 8pm started at 8:16pm in the east/central time zones due to Obama's speech and did 4.18 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, down a tad from previous week. The 8:30pm repeat went down to 3.99 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, also down a tad from previous week.
- Modern Family (ABC) - A repeat at 9pm did 4.47 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating, on par with previous week again.
- Happy Endings (ABC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.79 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating for the very funny "hipster" episode.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - Final ratings for Thursday are not available yet, so we will use prelim ratings. A repeat did a prelim 7.19 million and a prelim 1.7 18-49 rating, basically on par with previous week's final numbers.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy followed at 8:30pm with a prelim 5.65 million and a prelim 1.3 18-49 rating, also on par with previous week's final numbers.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did a prelim 2.33 million and a prelim 0.8 18-49 rating, up some from previous week's finals.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - A repeat at 8:30pm did a prelim 2.11 million and a prelim 0.7 18-49 rating, a bit higher than previous week's final ratings. Syndication won't be pretty for this show this fall, as it repeats poorly.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9pm did a prelim 2.43 million and a prelim 1.0 18-49 rating, down some week-to-week's final ratings.
- Parks and Recreation (NBC) - A 9:30pm repeat didn't do well, doing a prelim 2.21 million and a prelim 0.9 18-49 rating, down some week-to-week's final ratings.
Tonight you can catch encores of Fox's animated comedies from 7-10pm.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, Modern Family, and Mike & Molly were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of How I Met Your Mother, Rules of Engagement) or just plain old terrible (such as the very low NBC Thursday repeats, Raising Hope). Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on cable this summer, with the great Hot in Cleveland on Wednesdays at 10pm followed by week three of the decent Happily Divorced starring Fran Drescher this Wednesday at 10:30pm only on TV Land. Also premieres THIS Wednesday on ABC Family will be the return of the funny Melissa & Joey followed by new comedy premiere State of Georgia starring Raven at 8:30pm! I've seen both premieres and they are good, look for Raven in a nice "thick seduction" scene and Loretta Devine is very sassy in this series! Also of course House of Payne and Meet the Browns are on TBS Wednesdays. New sitcom airings is the perfect way to beat the summer blues!
[Source: Nielsen NTI Ratings. View Travis Yanan's Ratings Website].
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 21
Last Man Standing - "Trick or Treat" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Halloween and the Baxter family is excited for their annual party, except for Mike who’s reluctantly tasked with choosing the theme. In hopes of turning everyone against the holiday, Mike decides that maybe if the whole family has to dress up like each other they’ll end up making fun of one another. Eve dresses up like Mandy and Mandy dresses down like Eve, Kristin and Ryan swap roles, and Mike shows up to the party as… Donald Trump!? The impersonating turns into bickering but in the end, the Baxters come together to support Vanessa as she learns that she’s being laid off.
Dr. Ken - "D.K.'s Korean Ghost Story" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
On Halloween, Allison is disappointed the holiday doesn’t seem to scare Dave anymore, meaning her little boy is growing up, perhaps too fast. But that might change after D.K. tells a scary Korean gwishin (ghost) story. The Park family, as well as the gang at Welltopia, bring the story to life playing the various gwishins.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Jack" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Marcus deals with the loss of one of his former teammates.
Friday, October 21
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Matthew on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah talks about Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 1:15pm.
- Lindsay Sloane (The Odd Couple/The Stones/Mr. Rhodes) - Lindsay visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) and Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Tom and Ron will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian talks about King Cobra on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Netflix's Good Girls Revolt on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jennifer Grey (Red Oaks/It's Like, You Know...) - Jennifer joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Thomas Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) and Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Thomas and Jason are guests on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Marisa Tomei (A Different World) - Marisa appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Paul Reiser (Red Oaks/Mad About You/The Paul Reiser Show) - Paul is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.