Sunday, June 26, 2011
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of June 13-19)
- American Dad! (Fox) 2 airings - A repeat at 7pm did 1.72 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating, which was down from previous week. A second repeat in the later airing of 9:30pm did 3.37 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating, down a bit week-to-week.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat at 8pm did 3.25 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating, up a tad from previous week.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - A repeat at 7:30pm dropped from its lead-in again with just 1.6 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating, the loser of the block again.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat at 9pm did 3.82 million and a 1.8 18-49 rating, the best of the block again but down some from previous week.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - A repeat at 8:30pm did 3.19 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating, up some from previous week.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) 2 airings - 4.15 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating for a repeat in its normal slot was down some from previous week. A repeat at 8:30pm did 4.32 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating, improving from the first airing and on par week-to-week.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 6.18 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating for a repeat is considerably lower than its ratings from last summer but up some from previous week.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - 6.02 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating for a repeat, is down some from previous week. Didn't build from the lead-in this time.
- Raising Hope (Fox) 2 airings - A repeat at 9pm did 2.6 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, on par with previous week. A second repeat at 9:30pm did lower with 2.31 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, but still basically on par with previous week.
- The Middle (ABC) 2 airings - A repeat at 8pm started at 8:16pm in the east/central time zones due to Obama's speech and did 4.18 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, down a tad from previous week. The 8:30pm repeat went down to 3.99 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, also down a tad from previous week.
- Modern Family (ABC) - A repeat at 9pm did 4.47 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating, on par with previous week again.
- Happy Endings (ABC) - A repeat at 9:30pm did 2.79 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating for the very funny "hipster" episode.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - Final ratings for Thursday are not available yet, so we will use prelim ratings. A repeat did a prelim 7.19 million and a prelim 1.7 18-49 rating, basically on par with previous week's final numbers.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy followed at 8:30pm with a prelim 5.65 million and a prelim 1.3 18-49 rating, also on par with previous week's final numbers.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did a prelim 2.33 million and a prelim 0.8 18-49 rating, up some from previous week's finals.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - A repeat at 8:30pm did a prelim 2.11 million and a prelim 0.7 18-49 rating, a bit higher than previous week's final ratings. Syndication won't be pretty for this show this fall, as it repeats poorly.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9pm did a prelim 2.43 million and a prelim 1.0 18-49 rating, down some week-to-week's final ratings.
- Parks and Recreation (NBC) - A 9:30pm repeat didn't do well, doing a prelim 2.21 million and a prelim 0.9 18-49 rating, down some week-to-week's final ratings.
Tonight you can catch encores of Fox's animated comedies from 7-10pm.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, Modern Family, and Mike & Molly were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of How I Met Your Mother, Rules of Engagement) or just plain old terrible (such as the very low NBC Thursday repeats, Raising Hope). Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on cable this summer, with the great Hot in Cleveland on Wednesdays at 10pm followed by week three of the decent Happily Divorced starring Fran Drescher this Wednesday at 10:30pm only on TV Land. Also premieres THIS Wednesday on ABC Family will be the return of the funny Melissa & Joey followed by new comedy premiere State of Georgia starring Raven at 8:30pm! I've seen both premieres and they are good, look for Raven in a nice "thick seduction" scene and Loretta Devine is very sassy in this series! Also of course House of Payne and Meet the Browns are on TBS Wednesdays. New sitcom airings is the perfect way to beat the summer blues!
[Source: Nielsen NTI Ratings. View Travis Yanan's Ratings Website].
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, March 23
Superstore - "Mateo's Last Day" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mateo (Nico Santos) faces complications with his transfer to a Cloud 9 Signature store, he becomes desperate to resolve his undocumented status. Meanwhile, Amy (America Ferrera) helps Glenn (Mark McKinney) battle an Internet troll, Jonah (Ben Feldman) and Cheyenne (Nichole Bloom) try to give Mateo legal counsel, and Dina (Lauren Ash) and Garrett (Colton Dunn) take issue with corporate.
Powerless - "I'm a Friend You" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emily (Vanessa Hudgens) learns that Jackie (Christina Kirk) is in need of some extra cash, she can't help but try and do what she can to help her out. Meanwhile, Van (Alan Tudyk) is on a witch hunt and has his eyes set on Teddy (Danny Pudi), Ron (Ron Funches) and Wendy (Jennie Pierson).
Baskets - "Circus" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Christine turns to Arby's after Chip joins the Russians.
Thursday, March 23
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie is a guest on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Stephanie Beatriz (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Stephanie is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will also be on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Zosia Mamet (Girls) - Zosia is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nick D'Agosto (Trial & Error) - Nick is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Woody Harrelson (Cheers) - Woody talks about Wilson on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Woody and Laura Dern will be on People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.