Friday, June 17, 2011
Summer Premiere of Hot in Cleveland and Series Premiere of Happily Divorced Score for TV Land; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of June 20, 2011)
Hot in Cleveland's summer season premiere at 10 p.m. (all times ET/PT) attracted 2.39 million total viewers (as a comparison, the March finale did 1.8 million). When combined with its 11:30 p.m. and 1 a.m. encores, the series brought in 4.3 million total viewers to TV Land. Happily Divorced drew in 2.41 million total viewers (slightly buildings from its lead-in's ratings) at 10:30 p.m. and when combined with its encores at 11 p.m. and 1:30 a.m. attracted 4.4 million total viewers. Acclaimed actors John Michael Higgins, Tichina Arnold (Everybody Hates Chris), Rita Moreno, Robert Walden and Valente Rodriguez (George Lopez) also star in the series which was inspired by Drescher's real life story.
At 10 p.m., (all times ET/PT) Hot in Cleveland picked up right where the show left off in March: Elka (Betty White) had just been convicted of being in possession of stolen goods and is now on the run, while Melanie (Valerie Bertinelli), Victoria (Wendie Malick) and Joy (Jane Leves) are left wondering where she is. Now, the women must scramble to find Elka and get her back in time for her sentencing, and they find her in the last place anyone would expect...Amish country. Happily Divorced at 10:30 p.m. is co-written by and stars Fran Drescher (The Nanny) in a story inspired by her own life as Los Angeles florist Fran (Drescher) whose 18-year marriage ends suddenly when her husband (Higgins) announces he's gay.
In more numbers, Wednesday night's 10 p.m. summer season premiere of Hot in Cleveland posted a 0.9 among TV Land's target Adults 25-54 audience and a 1.2 among Women 25-54. Following Hot In Cleveland, the Fran Drescher comedy Happily Divorced posted a 0.8 among A25-54 and a 1.2 among W25-54. Both series also posted a 0.5 18-49 rating, so that is up slightly from the 0.4 rating Hot did for its March finale. Divorced was up a bit more from Retired at 35's March finale that only did a 0.3 18-49 rating (and 1.21 million), so TV Land might have something here. We'll keep an eye on this for you! And as a reminder, TV Land recently renewed Hot in Cleveland for a third season with a 24-episode order coming later this season (late fall), so there will be plenty of "hotness" to come!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of June 20-24, 2011, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, June 20, 2011
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Watch Neil on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jada Pinkett-Smith (A Different World) - Jada drops by Lopez Tonight at 12am on TBS.
- Courteney Cox (Cougar Town/Friends) - Catch Courteney on a repeat of LIVE! with Regis & Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tina Fey (30 Rock) - Tina is a guest on a May repeat of The Gayle King Show at 10am on OWN.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Kick start with Marlo on Today on NBC on Monday-Wednesday between 7-9am.
- Lea Thompson (Caroline in the City) - The lovely Lea is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason stops by The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sarah Chalke (Mad Love/Scrubs/Roseanne) - Catch Sarah on a May repeat of the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kirstie Alley (Cheers/Veronica's Closet) - Kirstie is a guest co-host on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Fran Drescher (Happily Divorced/The Nanny) - Fran joins the ladies for a "tawk" about her new show on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/The Golden Girls/The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Watch Betty on a May repeat of The Gayle King Show at 10am on OWN.
- Persia White (Girlfriends) - Persia is a guest on The Mo'nique Show at 11pm on BET.
- Kevin James (The King of Queens) - Watch Kevin on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS. Zookeeper opens in theaters on July 8.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) - Catch Louis on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC. Louie returns to FX on June 23.
- Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Larry appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Molly Shannon (Kath & Kim/Cracking Up) - Molly drops by by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Paul Reiser (The Paul Reiser Show/Mad About You/My Two Dads) - Watch Paul on a May repeat of the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Tune in to see Melissa on a May repeat of the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jami Gertz (Still Standing/Square Pegs) - Jami chats with Tavis Smiley on PBS, but check listings for time.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Watch Jesse on a repeat of LIVE! with Regis & Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mindy Kaling (The Office) - Catch Mindy on a repeat from last November on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Suzanne Somers (Three's Company/Step by Step/She's the Sheriff) - Suzanne stops by The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Catch Jason on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Selena Gome (Wizards of Waverly Place) - Selena is a guest on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Zachary Levi (Less Than Perfect) - Zachary stops by Lopez Tonight at 12am on TBS.
- Brooke Shields (Suddenly Susan) - Brooke chats with the ladies The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - Watch the funny lady Amy on a repeat of LIVE! with Regis & Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tisha Campbell-Martin (My Wife and Kids/Martin) - Tisha guest hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney is a guest on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Terry Crews (Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry drops by The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Raven-Symoné (That's So Raven/Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/The Cosby Show) - Raven makes an appearance Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Watch Alec on a repeat of LIVE! with Regis & Kelly, so check your listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Catch Melissa on a repeat of LIVE! with Regis & Kelly, so check your listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.