Friday, June 24, 2011
As for returning series, Cops has its season 23 premiere on Saturday, September 10. Glee enters its third season on Tuesday, September 20 at 8pm and second year comedy Raising Hope moves to a new time of 9:30pm. Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares and the drama thriller Fringe both return Friday, September 23. The Fox Animation Domination lineup launches Sunday, September 25 with The Simpsons, The Cleveland Show, Family Guy and American Dad! from 8-10pm, as new animated series Allen Gregory won't launch at 8:30pm until Oct. 30 (so by then Cleveland will slide to 7:30pm). Veteran drama House checks in on Monday, October 3 at a new time of 9pm. America's Most Wanted will air two-hour specials every three months and the first one will air on Saturday, Oct. 29 from 8-10pm, as it moves away as a regular series. And finally, Bones digs up a new season starting Thursday, November 3. View the press release for more information.
We will track every network's daily schedule this season and we will keep it up to date frequently. As of now, here is Fox's daily schedule for Fall 2011. Keep checking back!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of June 27-July 1, 2011, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, June 27, 2011
- Louis C.K. (Louie) - Watch Louis on an all-new Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Shia LaBeouf (Even Stevens) - Shia drops by The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS. Transformers: Dark of the Moon releases in theatres on June 29.
- Melissa Joan Hart (Melissa & Joey/Sabrina the Teenage Witch/Clarissa Explains It All) - Catch the lovely Melissa on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Adam Pally (Happy Endings) - Adam is a guest on a May repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer stops by Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Niecy Nash (Reno 911!/The Cleveland Show) - Niecy guest co-hosts a repeat of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days) - Henry talks about his book, I've Never Met an Idiot on the River: Reflections on Family, Fishing, and Photography, on NBC's Today between 7-9am ET/PT.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom stops by The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS. Larry Crowne will be released in theatres on July 1.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Catch Jason on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) - Watch Louis on Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Andy Richter (Andy Richter Controls the Universe/Andy Barker, P.I.) - Andy drops by Lopez Tonight at 12am on TBS.
- John Larroquette (Night Court/The John Larroquette Show) - Tune in to see John on a May repeat of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Selena Gomez (Wizards of Waverly Place) - Selena visits LIVE! with Regis & Kelly, so check your listings.
- Shia LaBeauof (Even Stevens) - Shia talks about his film, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, on NBC's Today between 7-9am ET/PT.
- Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Watch Larry on a repeat from a couple of weeks ago on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom continues his appearances this week on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly, so check your listings and later on Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar (Saved by the Bell) - Catch Mark-Paul on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Steve Harvey Show) - Cedric makes an appearance on Lopez Tonight at 12am on TBS.
- Melissa Joan Hart (Melissa & Joey/Sabrina the Teenage Witch/Clarissa Explains It All) and Joey Lawrence (Melissa & Joey/Blossom/Gimme a Break) - Watch Melissa & Joey on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kirstie Alley (Cheers/Veronica's Closet) - Catch Kirstie on a repeat from May on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Shia LaBeuof (Even Stevens) - Shia continues to make the rounds on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly, so check your listings and later on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days) - Henry stops by Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom wraps up his appearances this week on NBC's Today between 7-9am ET/PT on NBC and later on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Hilary Duff (Lizzie McGuire) - Watch Hilary on a repeat from October on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Steve Harvey Show) - Cedric drops by the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Melissa and the cast of Bridesmaids appear on a May repeat of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days) - The legendary Mr. Winkler wraps up his appearances this week on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, December 11
The Simpsons - "The Nightmare After Krustmas" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Krusty tries to impress his daughter as they spend Christmas with the Simpsons. Meanwhile, Reverend Lovejoy seeks converts after church attendance plummets, and Maggie is haunted by a spooky Christmas toy.
Son of Zorn - "The War on Grafelnik" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Torn between Edie’s Christmas and Zorn’s Grafelnik – the Zephyrian holiday of revenge – Alan realizes he can play his parents off each other to get better presents.
Family Guy - "How the Griffin Stole Christmas" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter is asked to fill in for the mall Santa, until he gets drunk on the power when he realizes that Santa can get away with anything. Meanwhile, Stewie and Brian crash holiday office parties for the free food, drama and women.
The Last Man on Earth - "If You're Happy and You Know It" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Carol is bummed about Gail’s absence, so Tandy tries to cheer her up with the honeymoon vacation they never had. Meanwhile, Lewis finds new success with his pursuits in aviation and Melissa is contained.
The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now in Living Color - (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Spread the holiday cheer with “The Dick Van Dyke Show – Now in Living Color!,” a new one-hour special featuring two newly colorized back-to-back classic episodes of the beloved 1960s series, to be broadcast Sunday, Dec. 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Series creator and co-star Carl Reiner personally supervised the colorization of the episodes.
The special features the groundbreaking episode “That’s My Boy??” and “Coast to Coast Big Mouth,” which ranked #8 on TV Guide’s list of the “100 Greatest TV Episodes of All-Time.” Both episodes were written by Bill Persky & Sam Denoff. The main titles and end credits of the two episodes are seamlessly combined into one set – at the beginning and end of the hour – with no interruption between the episodes.
In “That’s My Boy??,” as Rob and Laura host a dinner party with a few friends, Rob recalls the hectic days after their son Ritchie was born, when he was sure the hospital had given him and Laura the wrong baby. The episode, originally broadcast on Sept. 25, 1963, was the third season premiere.
In “Coast to Coast Big Mouth,” Laura Petrie blurts out a top secret on a national television quiz show, revealing that comedian Alan Brady wears a toupee. The episode, which was the show’s fifth and final season premiere, was originally broadcast on Sept. 15, 1965. “Coast to Coast Big Mouth” won an Emmy Award for Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series in 1966.
Bizaardvark - "Agh, Humbug" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bernie gets bummed about not being invited to the Vuuugler-only holiday party, so the gang tries to turn him into an overnight online star so that he can attend, too.
Best Friends Whenever - "Revenge of the Past" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Shelby gets trapped in the 16th century after trying to save Daisy from marriage, so the friends join forces to help rescue her.
Monday, December 12
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Watch Jennifer Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Bryan is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also chats about the film Why Him? on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) - John appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Chris visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS. She joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine) - Matthew stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will talks about Collateral Beauty on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Out of Practice/Arrested Development) - Henry will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Megan Mullally (Will & Grace) - Megan is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.